Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,651 through 1,675 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I figured I’d share my DC from tuesday since I did it but never posted about it. It was a 2-2-3 with this boss:

All it took was Terrence to smash through everything and send the boss across the map onto the big curving vertical slide, and as the boss was in the air some debris knocked him down onto the smaller slide in the middle of the room which sent him out the map.

This room has a blocked-exit version which I’m sure most people are familiar with, and thankfully I didn’t get it. I had no luck with the KPP. 1st boss was easy:

2nd boss I spent most of time on as it’s a pain to get the boss down the pit and he can get stuck in various spots and become unreachable:

If I managed to beat the 2nd boss (which I did 50% of the time maybe) the 3rd boss was a no-go for me as I could only ever get in with 2 birds at most, thanks to the rooms before taking most of them.

I was a bit frustrated at this point so I never took a screenshot of the room (plus I could only make it in a few times) so here’s screenshot from a video of the KPP. I had to crop the sides out to be able to upload the image here:

As I said I never had enough birds and the birds I did have were worthless. I can see it being doable with some luck, e.g if you can clear the middle area and knock the boss down with 1 bird, and then he manages to fall down and roll off the left side, but I didn’t have the patience to keep restarting and hope for that to happen.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I didn’t do the DC yesterday but I’ve been trying today’s one. It’s a 2-3-4 and I can’t beat it as it ends with this no-exit boss room:

Unless everything goes well, round 3 drains my birds and then I get in with 3-4 birds on average, which really doesn’t help. In the screenshot I have 6 birds from a lucky run on and that still didn’t help. 1 run I had 7 and that was no better.

You can only hit the boss efficiently with Silver and Matilda, and when they’re not available you’re basically stuck. The fans down below the slingshot are worthless (unless I’m missing something) as are the fans above the boss, and once he inevitably falls down into the area under where he starts. he’s impossible to hit reliably.

I’ve just been farming the first 2 rounds for gifts and will continue doing so a few more times before calling it quits.

dtmt
    @dtmt

If you have Terence (like in your screenshot) use it first and aim it above the boss so that the fans will push Terence to it. With a bit of a luck you can get over half of his energy gone and can finish with Silver and Matilda (and maybe some ruble from the middle if you have Bubbles.)

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

just getting tired of these “bash ’em to death” boss pigs.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Today I had a 2-2-3 which is way more enjoyable, clearly as I didn’t beat yesterday’s travesty of a boss so the difficulty dropped down. I got a boss room that I’ve never done before:

Obviously it wasn’t too much of a problem with 8 birds and I finished it with 2 birds left over.

The KPP was acceptable. The 1st boss takes some luck with debris but getting in with lots of birds makes it tolerable:

I eventually had to do this one again as I fell short on the 3rd boss, and was able to 1-hit the boss with Bubbles by inflating just under him which sent him flying over the right wall/building:

The 2nd boss was a pummel-to-death one…maybe there’s a quicker way but I didn’t see it:

Thankfully the boss didn’t have tons of health, and Matilda’s egg + Silver’s slam did tons of damage when I used them from really high up above the boss; maybe that doesn’t matter in terms of damage but I feel like it does.

The 3rd boss I failed the 1st time as I only had 2 birds for it, but was able to beat it after restarting and getting in with a few more birds:

Thankfully it wasn’t the blocked-exit version of this room (where the end of the lower right slide is straightened out and has a wooden platform at the end covering the hole) so I was relieved to not get that one as it’s stupid and impossible.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

Ok todays daily challenge, final pig.  The king starts sitting on the gravity pad above the white arrow, then goes thru the pink portals and sits there.
    This is another beat ’em to pieces challenge. The key is dropping birds down thru the lower pink portal (white arrow) so they hit the pig. You cannot toss the bird to the right, over the left going blue portal, as the bird has no way to reach the pig. It seems a short distance on the screen, but the game is rigged so your bird will not reach the pig. Only the yellow bird can get him this way and there is little if any damage done by it. took me 3 tries to finally kill the pig with just 4 birds. Luck of the draw on your birds is a major part of this.

Don’t know about you, but I am getting tired of these kinds of lame challenges.

Mikey
    @flapah

even more so now

Its greed this game is not fun anymore these people have made it harder to make you buy gems to keep playing … they just want to suck every penny outta ur pocket

dtmt
    @dtmt

@birdbrained you do not need to beat it to pieces. You can finish it with 2 birds but that requires some luck. You need Blues and most importantly Silver. Idea is to get the boss to stand  on the platform near the sling shot and then use Silver to get the boss to move left side of the sling shot which instantly kills it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRi8kbCrjE4 here is a video that shows how it can be done even though in this video the player  needs one more bird due the boss did not going  far enough with that starting Blues shot.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Had a 2-3-4 DC today, I did expect the difficulty to go up soon so this wasn’t a surprise. The boss was one I’ve done several times before and was beaten on the first attempt:

The KPP this time around is tedious and frustrating, probably because Bubbles is on a x3 boost. As of posting this I haven’t been able to beat it after I think about 8 attempts (and 2 videos for extra lives).

The 1st boss is not the worst; while you’re meant to push him through and out the gap to the right, most of my attempts I end up battering him to death in the process:

The 2nd boss is a little more tricky though I can do it providing I get in with enough birds (the underwater flower lets you reach the boss but you lose a bird from hitting the floating platform):

The 3rd boss is just pure BS. It’s the modified harder version of this room:

You’re meant to clear out the top right ledge and then maneuver the boss up to it using the flowers and then push him out, but the ledge is just a nightmare as it features a small incline the bit is after the incline is super narrow, and the whole area is filled with rocks and junk that stop the boss from fallout out, so every run just ends with this:

I’ll try a few more times and then give up as honestly this isn’t fun anymore.

dtmt
    @dtmt

There are at least two other ways to beat Kpp3 level. You can use Hal but who uses that useless birds anyways https://youtu.be/hR7WTPSXDkQ?t=328 . The other way is to use silver to fly it off the map from the left side like in this video https://youtu.be/bqjcba7Sqv8?t=64 Not that this technique is that easy as you need the boss to float in the right place (little bit right from the middle) for this to be useful. But this being kpp level 3 you don’t have the enough birds to try to push it out from the right. It took me several tries but it can be done.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Yeah I just now decided to give up after another few more attempts. If it had been the 1st or 2nd boss I would’ve maybe been able to do it as at least then you can get in with more birds, but being the 3rd boss you have to get through 4 room first.

Also most of the rooms in rounds 2 and 3 had scuba pigs that you had to hope that debris falls down and kills them or you’re forced to waste more birds. Regardless, I had a bird order down and could get in with 6 birds each time but I just couldn’t push him out the gap as the rocks refused to go away or he’d just get stuck in the gap…so F it.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

The DC has not been kind to me lately. It was so bad that it was a two full weeks between victories. I probably could have won of a few of them by trying dozens of times and getting lucky, or by spending a lot of gems, neither of which I am willing to do anymore. I’ve reached a point where if I don’t beat it on the first try, there is not a second.

Finally won a few in a row, and today it was 3-3-4. Room 2 on round 3 was so bad because it took 4 birds to kill one pig (Bomb finally appeared which is what I needed since the pig was buried in stone) and the boss pig ended up being a room which with 2 birds, could not be beat so I lost my steak and felt like tossing my phone across the room.

Between that, and the video on the TOF often not appearing (seems like videos in general don’t work right as of late, even the daily quest one where all I get is Red appearing saying the video is not available) I really do not have any real desire or enjoyment playing the game.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

DC and KPP have lately been a bore to me and feel like a chore to complete. I swear i haven’t seen any new stages in both since Hal was added. New stages could add more enjoyment and excitement to the DC and KPP but since Rovio is lazy and doesn’t give a sh*t about the playerbase, we are faced with stages that we have probably seen 1000 times before. I dont care if that still means we have 4-5-6 DCs, i just want more effort and creativity put into the DC and KPP

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Back to 2-3-4, and still could not beat it. Room 2 yet again sucked all my birds and I am not going to keep trying over and over.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I’ve had some oddly difficult 2-3-4 ones before where either you lose most of your birds on the rooms before the boss, or the boss itself is a blocked/no exit aka a pummel-to-death deal, or the room is just designed to be stupid and tedious. In those cases I’ll try a few times and if I can’t beat it after 5 attempts then I’m not going to bother anymore.

You’d think a 2-3-4 wouldn’t be too much of an issue when compared to a 4-4-5 or the dreaded 4-5-6 hell, but sometimes you get some complete nonsense and it’s just not worth the time.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same thing again today. Never made it to the boss with more than 2 birds. Never made it past room 3 on the first try.

Should have just stuck to my rule of one attempt only.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Todays DC wasnt too hellish, it was that fan boss which usually needs two birds to send him to the left. KPP also wasnt too bad, though you need to bring a lot of birds for the third boss

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I’ve been avoiding playing through + beating the DC for a while now, and instead only playing the first round to get the gems for the daily quest (you can back out when you finish round 1 and 2 without losing progress).

Yesterday I actually decided to quickly do the DC before going to bed, knowing the difficulty would be scaled right down. It was a 2-2-3 and the boss was simple:

I know for a fact that this is the easier, exit version of this room. There is an alternate harder version which I and probably others here have seen before; it now features a black hole and the gap/opening above the waterfall under the wooden bridge in the middle is instead blocked off with land, making the room much more tricky to beat…so in other words it’s just the blocked-exit version. Here’s a screenshot of it, taken from my screenshot folder:

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Today I did the DC and it was another 2-2-3, with a boss I’ve not done before:

The KPP was pretty easy and just required 1 restart. Boss 1, lots of birds made it no challenge whatsoever:

Boss 2, the boss had super low health and I was able to kill him with 2 birds. Both times I hit him with Terrence directly and that wrecked his health bar down to super low:

Boss 3, you use the rocks and the slides to damage and kill him. I had to restart here as the boss, while getting pummelled with rocks and going into the slide, managed to bounce backwards and up to the platform to the left and I wasn’t able to reach him with any birds to nudge him back down:

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

My DC today was for some reason a 2-3-4, but regardless the boss wasn’t a problem:

I thought it would be another 2-2-3 or even a 2-3-3 but I guess not, so I suppose it’s time to leave it along and just get the daily quest gems from it.

The KPP was also easy. Done on the first attempt and I got an extra chest from it. Boss 1, Silver slam just next to the boss to his right and he falls down onto the stone thing above the pit, then just destroy that + the balloons and down he goes:

Boss 2, doable with enough birds:

Boss 3 was the same as boss 2 from yesterday’s KPP, and once again Terrence dropped the boss’ health right down to where I could finish him off with a 2nd bird:

dtmt
    @dtmt

Todays KPP3 is this piece of shit. I know how but I cannot get enough/right birds to boss room.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

You can knock him to the left with bubbles. Aim him at that cervice between the blue portal and the platform above it when he is going to the left from that platform. The boss room can be done in three birds using this method

dtmt
    @dtmt

Like I said I know how but either I cannot get Bubbles with me or I fail to push the pieces in the platform so that the boss has chance to fall to to the left.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Deargmor’s method seems like it would work, though I personally wouldn’t have the patience and hope that: A) you get to the boss with the required birds B) you can get the shot/angle correct C) the method works correctly and doesn’t fail. If any of those criteria aren’t met, you’re not winning and it’s back to round 1 you go.

Also that room is the blocked-exit version so really why bother even trying when you know the usual exit has been closed off just to make it much harder and force you to jump through hoops and pull off some trick shots just to kill the boss.

The exit-version for reference:

dtmt
    @dtmt

I guess my reason to bother is to get extra bird to MEB. I finally managed to finish this. Only took around 15 tries.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,651 through 1,675 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.