Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,676 through 1,700 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Managed to finish it first try using the method that i described above

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Is it just me or am i starting to see new boss stages? Todays 4-5-6 DC had a boss room that I had never seen before in the years that ive had 4-5-6 hell. That boss room was so easy that I one-shotted it. Todays KPP was also pretty easy, with the last stage also being a stage which I have never seen before which was an easy beat-to-death boss

dtmt
    @dtmt

I watched few videos from yesterday and it seems that people had different 4-5-6 hell & kpp than me. Based on those videos I assume you had those levels as well. I had same old boring levels as always.

Same thing seem to happen today. I had the 4-5-6 hell level where boss is in the middle with hole and flower under it and you have to get the boss airborne by shooting bird or rock to flower in order to push him out with Silver, Bubbles or Matilda. Based on videos on youtube this is not the level others had.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I guess I am seeing “new” ones as I only play the DC when it’s easier with less rooms. I haven’t done any DCs for a while as I figured I’d wait for a x2 feather or black pearl event to come round so that I can get the legendary chest from my full streak meter. Shame to waste it I suppose, when I can get more feathers/pearls during a boost, so may aswell wait for that.

By the time that happens my DC will most likely be a 2-2-3 (or lower if that’s possible). After that my usual posts will continue.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

kind of hard to meet the daily challenge when you gotta watch an advert that locks up every time and never lets you get the reward.. those Biden (US political ads) are locking up constantly.. just tried 15 times to get past it..

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

The final boss my last 2 days have been rooms I’ve never seen before. I didn’t get a screen shot today, but here is yesterday’s.

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

Well the game has 2800 levels, but they only ever used boss rooms up to ~1800. It’s about time they go beyond that.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Decided to do my DC today, it a mere 2-2-2 and an easy boss that was beaten with just Matilda bomb the 2nd “ice bridge” under the 2nd and 3rd pig, and the debris eventually knocked the boss down and he fell to his doom:

KPP wasn’t anything bad. Boss 1 was brain-dead easy :

Boss 2 took a while to beat as kept getting in with only a few birds, but eventually I was able to get in with a few more and manuever the boss out the top part of the room:
    Boss 3 I was able to beat with the 3 birds pictured as the boss luckily found his way down the hole in the bottom right:

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Easy 2-2-3 DC, got a boss room I haven’t seen before which was done with just a few birds:

Following that was an equally easy KPP that I beat after one restart due to some minor errors on my part:

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Did my DC today. It was just a 2-2-3 so I was able to beat it first try despite getting a boss room that I’ve never done before:

KPP was also a first time win:

I forgot to screenshot the 2nd boss but it was this room:

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Another 2-2-3, another new boss room that only took a few birds to beat:

KPP was simple and just needed 1 restart. Boss 1:

Boss 2, I had to restart here as I didn’t have enough birds to beat the boss to death with:

Boss 3, luckily didn’t have to do this one more than once as it can be tricky:

lordt
    @lordt

Can you tell me how you completed the third KP level? Tried it thrice and failed. Faced it many times in the past but not quite able to figure it out.

More unfortunate thing is that in my last attempt today, I entered the last boss with a full 6 birds but the KP landed just to the right, at the end of the ramp, and no amount of birds are able to reach it as the fireman pig (?) knocks it out. :(

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

For that boss room @lordt you want to first knock the boss off his starting platform which will send him up to the top platform with the ramp you mentioned; as long as he’s sat on that platform he’s ready to be kicked out, the closer to the right the better.

Then you need to fling birds at the slime circle thing in the middle of the room and they’ll skim/skip across it and reach the boss. Kind of like this:

The tricky part is getting the angle right which essentially comes down to trial and error, as you have to hit a very specific part on the top of the slime circle for your birds to continue going straight across. Too far back or too forward and your birds will either get launched upwards towards the grabber pig, or they’ll get launched downwards onto the lower slide, slide along and go up towards the fireman pig who will zap them.

Silver, Bubbles and Stella are great for pushing the boss out with their abilities providing you can get them across. This does come down to some luck as if you send a good bird like Stella or Silver across and they don’t hit the slime circle correctly, they’re completely wasted.

Also as a precaution I usually clear away as many of these balloons as I can:

They’re right in the path of where you’re going to be launching your birds across and will just disable your birds if they hit any of them, so it’s worth destroying as many of them (mainly the top few) as you can. Bomb in the middle works nicely, though Blues works too if you split him up at the right time. I used Blues in my screenshot and that got rid of the worst ones and I had free range to get across.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

2 days of not playing gave me a quick 2-3-3 with a simple boss:

Easy KPP afterwards which I was able to do on my first attempt:

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I’ve had no luck with the DC/KPP for weeks.

I can usually beat the DC when it is 2-3-4, but after 1 day of that it goes back to 3-4-4 and the rooms in the final round are bird suckers and a hard to kill if not impossible boss.

The few times I’ve made it to the KPP, I have not been able to finish it. Either it does on the second round, or the third round has a boss which would take 2-3 continues.

Between that and only getting only 20-24 points per day in the MEBC, despite having a much higher average score lately, I’m just no longer having any fun anymore.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

It’s tough but that’s just how this game is, full of stupid, boring bosses that aren’t fun to deal with. My DC today was a 2-3-4, mainly because I’ve been playing with this current hat event to try and get the tokens. The boss was one I’ve done many times without problem:

KPP was mildly annoying today. Easy 1st boss:

2nd boss is this room, only it’s the no-exit version:

As you probably know, there’s a portal off-screen in the top right corner that sends the boss down to the top middle platform. I spent most of my attempts trying to get past this one, as you can only really beat it by getting the boss to that top platform, then sending Silver across the slide to reach the boss and booting him out the left side. Not too difficult to do but tedious.

The 3rd boss was this one (using an older screenshot as I forgot to take one today):

The rooms before were bird suckers that had scuba pigs in virtually every room which is always fun, hoping they die to debris falling into the water. Eventually I got in with 3 birds + a nearly full meter, and was able to drop the boss into the water below where he starts off, and with an underwater shot using the flowers I was able to kick the boss up to and over the waterfall.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

For reference, the easier, exit version of  today’s 2nd boss; notice no portals, meaning the boss dies once he exits out the top right corner:

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

hate to tell ya this.

on 22 sept windows 10 did an update and totally trashed my AB2 game. I tried a reinstall to fix it and lost it all. Trying to get rovio to fix this problem and return my previous progress to me, and Face book is NOT on my computer.

I have since started the game again at day 1, map 1.. and so far am up to map 89. So far 9 out of 10 Boss pigs, including the daily challenge and the super pig one (can’t think of what its called right now) have been the levels where you have to beat the boss pig to death.

Im getting tired of it already.. so if they cannot restore my previous levels, I will probably uninstall the game and walk away from it.. its just not fun anymore..

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I hope you were able to get your account back @birdbrained. Would be a shame to lose everything and start over. I was going to respond to your comment earlier but figured I’d wait a bit to see if you came with an update. Regardless, if you were able to get your account back then it would be good to hear from you.

I haven’t been bothering with my DC much recently. I did the DC yesterday but couldn’t finish the KPP as the 3rd round was bird sucking heaven and I couldn’t make it to the boss with any birds unless I had a perfect run. I ended up trying about 7 or 8 times and then gave up.

Today’s DC was a 2-2-3, and it was this boss room (using an old screenshot of mine):

The boss ended up getting stuck on the end of the middle bamboo pipe thing and was sat just next to the portal (which I did screenshot):

Luckily I was able to knock him backwards using a long ranged and awkward shot with Chuck through the portals and hitting the boss after coming out of the top right pink portal. Then finished him off with Silver.

KPP was a breeze. I didn’t screenshot boss 1 or 2 so here’s some borrowed screenshots. Boss 1:

Boss 2:

Boss 3 I did actually screenshot, mainly as it’s the exit-version of this room as the bottom right corner is open:

However I instead managed to kick the boss into orbit with Silver after using Blues to destroy the platform with the single pig just under him as I figured I wouldn’t be able to shove him into the bottom right corner with the 3 birds I had.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

yeah, Luckly Rovio did manage to save my status and we recovered the account. But I missed the end of the month for the Great Eagle store. Will have to wait till the end of this month to spend some of my coins I think.
    They recovered my bird levels, gems, and all that. I immediately saved the game to cloud and took screen shots of everything including Player ID.

They want us to use face book, but FB is too much of a security risk to have on that computer, so I wish there was another way.  Hope it doesn’t happen again.

On the other hand, the game HAS been running pretty smoothly since the Win 10 update and reinstall of the game.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Today something bizarre happened. After failing today’s 4-5-6 DC two times I got a 4-4-5 DC that had a completely different boss room than the one that I prevoiusly had. Did somebody else had this happen to them as well?

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

This was mentioned to in my clan group chat on FB messenger; apparently the recent update introduced a “difficultly lowering” feature for the DC, where in if you fail a few times then the DC will become easier i.e. the rooms . I was able to find some more details from a post on the AB2 Gamers FB group that I’m a member of:

So it’s fair to say that this indeed what you experienced @dearg-mor . Seems like a good addition as now you can beat the DC every day and not have to worry about getting stuck on an annoying boss and giving up after a bunch of attempts.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Sounds like they’ve finally realized that people won’t even waste time playing the DC more than once if it one of the auto fail rounds (either bird sucking rooms or impossible boss) so they finally gave people a bit more incentive to try more than once.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

I had that experience today. Thought I was going crazy.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I did my DC + KPP  yesterday pretty late last night so I figured I’d post about it today since I went to bed right after I finished them.

2-2-3 DC with this boss (old screenshot as I didn’t take one):

I had 6 pictured birds so it was no problem. The KPP seemed like a dead end for me. Boss 1 (an old screenshot of mine as the one I took yesterday doesn’t want to upload for some reason):

Boss 2 was this room (again, I did take a screenshot but it won’t upload, so I had to screenshot a video):

Not the blocked-exit version, but regardless it was still annoying as the boss just kept ending up down on the roof area under the middle platform and I wasn’t able to reach him. I made it past once as the fans on the right blew him into the sky and died. Round 3 was a bird sucking mess with scuba pigs in almost every room and I never made it to the boss.

I retried a few times and and the 2nd boss was just a no-go for me. Then for some reason on attempt number 3 or 4, I got completely different rounds. I presume either because I was playing really late and they changed for whatever reason, or maybe you get a different KPP if you fail the one you get first…I’ll have to see if that’s the case. Either way I managed to breeze through the new KPP (so no screenshots unfortunately).

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,676 through 1,700 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.