Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,801 through 1,825 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

It’s like they have some sort of grudge against us and so they keep adding these sh*tty features to piss us off out of pure malice. I don’t get why they’re killing their own game, but at least it does us a favor by not sucking us into their ‘freemium’ trap

guava564
    @guava564

They aren’t killing their own game though because the top guys in my bootcamp league complete the DC and KPP every day. I know this because when I complete both I finish in the top 20 of my league. If I don’t then I always finish outside the top 50. And it’s the same people at the top every day and some have a lower fp than me so they must be spending loads of money on it. So what they are doing is working with the idiots who are willing to spend to get to the top. If it wasn’t working they would change it back but if anything they are making it harder and harder to complete so it must be working. This is why they have changed the arena to follow a similar model ie by having leagues similar to the bootcamp league to also try to get players to spend to get to the top.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Played today as I had daily quests for both, and haven’t played in a while. DC was 2-2-3, simple boss:

KPP only took a few attempts. Boss 1 was easy:

Boss 2 took me a few tries to get past as I found having Bubbles available makes shoving the boss down the exit a breeze once you push him through the orange portal:

Boss 3 I was able to beat with just Matilda:

rgc
    @rgc1

So, would you then say that Rovio’s new model is to focus on a small group who spend money a lot at the expense of those of us who have a more casual approach to the game, content to watch ads? They’ve even added ads to the normal game play and these ads are optional. You must watch them. So, Rovio has altered everything to get us to spend spend spend. The quality of the experience no longer matters. Money money money is the only purpose of this game anymore.

rgc
    @rgc1

Sorry, the ads are not optional.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Came here to post because i can’t get past KPP and need help. DC was easy and was done in third go. First round of KPP was also easy, but second one is this sadistic stage:

The intended way is to clear stuff to the right, get FP into the portal and kick him out to the right by timing it. However, if you miss the shot he’ll land in the platform underneath the gravity things and you have to push him into the portal. The problem is that timing the shot is so hard that I end up wasting all of my birds trying to get him out of the endless loop and lose. Also, even if you get him out of the loop he usually lands on the platform before the exit and its really awkward to get him out of that spot. For instance, here’s the closest I’ve gotten to beating it:

Coulsld someone plz give me advice on how to beat this without wasting all my birds?

guava564
    @guava564

That level is easy if you don’t mind waiting around for pig to lose all their health. Get him in the endless loop. But it isn’t endless actually as each time he loses a tiny bit of health. So just get on with something else for about 10 minutes, come back and he should be toast.

guava564
    @guava564

@rgc all changes are targeted primarily at those who already spend money I think. Your average casual gamer will never spend money on it and they know that. The new arena I think is designed to pummel those who already pay to get top of MEBC league to see if they will do the same on the arena leagues. I think a fairly small minority pay huge amounts and they want to hit them harder.

guava564
    @guava564

@dearg-mor no need to thank me for my help. Just don’t expect any in future 👍

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Haven’t posted in a while as I just haven’t been playing the DC other than for apples and gifts. Decided to do it today (partially to be able to post here and keep this thread active). It was only at 2-2-3, which I suppose is acceptable. Boss was simple:

Didn’t beat the KPP. Boss 1 was doable with lots of birds:

Boss 2, same scenario:

Never made it to the 3rd boss. Round 3 went straight to bird suckage with 3 birds per room without luck (which would’ve made it 2 birds). The room before the boss is extra tedious and takes 3 birds or 4 if a pig (excluding the various scuba pigs that appear) manages to survive:

Tried about 5 times and couldn’t get past, so I guess that’s enough from me. In most cases I’m just not in the mood to sit here trying  over and over if one round ends up being way too tedious to get past. The rewards for beating it aren’t worth tons of attempts so why bother.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Same here. I remember around 6 days ago that 4-5-6 DC was so hard that i stopped trying and since then havent beat dc, even with it dropping

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Yeah, that 4th board was just silly. I made the boss screen with zero birds left. I think it was this one.  Borrowed from @oliverfrancis

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

There was also this one that I think appeared in the 31st January. It may have been the hardest DC I’ve ever had:

Ive never had a DC where I’ve not made it to the boss room before, but the rooms were so bird draining that I always ran out before reaching the room

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Came here to report about KPP as room structure has changed for the very first time. Todays is unusual 3-3-4 instead of the usual 3-4-5. While it wasn’t so bad, I fear that it a future update they’ll up it to 4-5-6, just like hell that is DC. If they do, that may be the last straw for me

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

There are so many rooms/levels now which are designed for no other reason than to force you to use gems to get past. Then there are the boss rooms which 100% require gems, usually because a minimum number of birds are needed, and the preceding rooms will never allow you to get there, or it requires a very specific bird, which you’ll be forced to use earlier or else you’d never clear a room.

I pretty much beat the DC about once every 7-10 days. Usually don’t even make it to the boss, and when I do, it is a rigged room which either cannot be beat without 4-5 continues (blocked exit requiring beating the pig to death), or one where 1-2 continues are requires because you just can’t get there with enough birds. My rule is I try the DC once, and if I don’t beat it, I don’t try again. The only exception is if I just royally screw up and know I can beat it on a second try.

I don’t even mind spending gems on occasion to beat the DC or KPP; if it is just once and a while and because the pig just didn’t happen to roll far enough, or I missed the shot with my last bird. I refuse to spend gems just for the chance to reach the boss room, or hoping I get just the right birds to beat it.

The KPP is an exercise in futility. I have beat it exactly once in 2021 Of course, I rarely even get a chance to try it.

Very good chance I will give up on the game for good soon. My red line is failing to get at least 1250 coins at the end of the MEBC. 1250 has been what I’ve earned at the end of each cycle since pretty much the MEBC was added. This last one I barely made it. If it had been 1 day shorter, I wouldn’t have. Given I can’t get the extra birds most of the time, and the pay-for-play morons are never affected by the nerfing of the game, my daily score has dropped from an average of 32, to the low 20s.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Same here. The game feels so boring nowadays that I sometimes even forget to do MEBC and miss out on it, mostly because I only try DC 3 times. Because of that, I always fail one then pass one, but tbh I’m too bothered to drop down, knowing that it would eventually rise back to 4-5-6 hell. I would be suprised if I get even 1250 coins because of how less I’ve been playing these days compared to pre-update

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Had a rare 4-4-5 DC win today. Then in the KPP, I run into this s***storm at the very last level. Not close to doable with 2 birds left.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

My DC has finally dropped right back to a simple 1-1-2, hence no recent posts from me. I collected some apples and gifts, and then got to the boss, which was this infamous one:

Thankfully the Bubbles trick gets this one done easily. I could’ve probably beat him to death with the amount of birds I had which is the only other way to beat this one.

The KPP was pretty awful. 1st boss was easy to get to and beat:

Round 2 had a major bird sucking room:

The tower on the right is just ridiculous to destroy and the pig at the bottom of it is very difficult to kill, so I would often spend 4 birds on this one.

The 2nd boss I only reached a few times, most of which I had a few birds available:

With enough birds it’s not that difficult but not with the horrid room 3. I got past once and was able to reach to the 3rd boss, and I’m guess this KPP is the same one @steelcityb had a few days ago as I got the same boss:

Utterly horrible and needs more than 2 birds which is all I could get in with and I wasn’t in the mood to spend any more time trying again.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Up to a 2-2-3, got a boss room that I’ve not seen before:

KPP was much more tolerable today and only required a restart and gems spent on the 3rd boss, mainly as I couldn’t be bothered trying again (though I got an extra rare chest so it was fine). Boss 1:

Boss 2:

Boss 3:

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Couldn’t finish yesterday’s KPP, but the 2nd level was interesting. I grabbed this screen shot on the 2nd time through. The airship drops the KP into the flower, which shoots him up and out of bounds. KP defeated with no shots fired.

Also, not sure what “CF” means spelled out in balloons in the bottom center.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Finally decided to play today knowing it would be easy, and it was. A 1-1-2 with a simple boss that I just beat to death:

The KPP was acceptable and only required a few retries. Boss 1:

Boss 2:

I got in with more birds on every attempt after the first one, which was the one I got the screenshot from. This room (from what remember) is also the first time I’ve seen it with an exit, as there’s a blocked exit version that I’ve had many times before.

Boss 3:

As you can work out the boss starts off being blown up and down on the single fan. On my winning run I had Blues available on top of 3 other birds, so I just tossed them at the boss, which knocked him out of the fan air flow to the right, then he fell down back into the fan which tossed him up and behind the slingshot, killing him instantly. An unexpected win which got me an extra rare chest.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Just for fun, here’s the same screenshot from my above post of the 2nd boss from the KPP that I had today. Take note of the hole/exit to the right of the Hal card:

I had a look through my old screenshots that I still have and sure enough I found one of the blocked exit version of this room, which I’m sure everyone has had numerous times:

This has the exit from the above screenshot sealed off and the blue portals are missing, meaning you have to knock the boss to the flat area under the slingshot and beat him to death.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

I dunno.. tried 3 times to even hit this guy.. finally did it with Mathilda.. but if she does not show up in your cards, it costs gems to get more..

Yeah, the game is now focused on you spending gems.. Game play just sucks.

We just had our first CvC battle where only 1 person from the other team even showed up. Guess folks are leaving this game now.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I did my DC and KPP several hours ago and never got round to posting about it, so here’s a quick post on it. DC was 2-2-3 with the same boss I had from a few days ago:

Nothing special about the KPP and I beat it on the first try. Boss 1:

Boss 2:

Boss 3:

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Been about 2.5 weeks since I last posted so figured I’d get things going again with a post. Haven’t been playing the DC much (the usual reasons) but decided to play today as it’s now easier once again. 2-2-3, got a boss room that I haven’t seen before:

It was just a case of opening up the exit and bringing the boss over and shoving him down. KPP took a few tries but got it in the end. Boss 1:

Super easy with lots of birds. Boss 2:

I got in with more birds on further attempts. Boss 3:

Managed to get in with 5 birds after a few restarts and was able to beat it.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,801 through 1,825 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.