Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,776 through 1,800 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Alright now this pisses me off. Those Roviof*ckers decided to up my DC from a 2-2-3 to a 4-5-6 in just one goddamn day. Never have had this sh*t happen to me before. Can’t even beat today’s one, and likely won’t for the entire damn week. Anyways, I think imma tune out from this crap. See y’all in whenever

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

BTW if anyone wants to do KPP this sh*tty stage is in the first round:

I have no clue how u take down that fire piggy. Vaporised pretty much any bird that came towards it. Makes it near impossible to reach KP

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I did the DC today, was a 2-2-3 as I hadn’t played in a bit. Boss:

KPP is for some reason really hard for me and I ended up giving up. Rounds 1 and 2 have somewhat awkward rooms that usually take 3-4 birds to clear, hence in my screenshots I don’t have as many as would normally.

Boss 1:

This one is from a boss level that I did recently (in the past few months I’d say). I remember getting stuck on for a while as there were like 5 or 6 rooms before so I could never get in with enough birds without a really lucky run. A lot easier as a round 1 boss though.

Boss 2:

This one isn’t too providing you have enough birds.

Boss 3:

Only made it into this one twice in my close to 10 attempts and as wasn’t able to get past. You need lots of birds to clear the way to the boss and the tractor beams seem to be extra strong making the boss tough to move. I could only get in with 3 birds at most as the rooms before are all bird suckers, taking 3 birds on average and sometimes 4. No thanks.

dtmt
    @dtmt

Not that I even got to play KPP yesterday but according to videos others have posted you can one shot the last room with Bubbles. KPP round three 18.12.2020

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Today’s KPP was simply a pain in the butt. Rounds 1 requires the usual trick shot to win. Not that hard, just annoying because it requires everything to go perfect or the pig gets stuck in a loop. Round 2 is actually easy.

But Round 3 is a killer. The second room is a bird sucker. 12 attempts and I never got past it because one pig always ends up buried in the far right structure and only Matilda can get him, maybe. Silver should, but all that happens is debris flies off when I slam her down, but the pig just sits there.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I did my DC today and it had of course gone up to 2-3-4 after being lower yesterday. Got this boss:

KPP was once again pretty stupid. I knew what I had coming as when I was playing yesterday’s KPP late, I got new rooms all of a sudden which turned out to be the same one’s for today. Boss 1:

Boss 2:

A very strange and awkward one that you need a good amount of birds for. I ended up tossing birds over the slide in front of the slingshot and down through the gap to hit the boss, which knocks him down onto the slide where he just loops round and round. Then you just time your shots to hit him when he’s on the right side.

Boss 3:

While this one is normally easy I only got to it maybe 2-3 times in my many attempts (probably around 7-8 tries) as round 3 was just a pain to get through without using more than 3 birds per room. The 2 birds I had for the boss wasn’t enough, as 1 was wasted clearing the way to the boss and the other brought him down, so in a rare decision I just bought extra birds and was able to push the boss over the side and down to his doom.

dtmt
    @dtmt

To bring the boss down with one bird use the white flower that is under the water near your slingshot.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

That’s what I did, however the bird I used just crashed into the floating pig structure on the right and dropped down, which cleared the way up but I still had to use my other bird to bring him down. Seems like only Terence would be good for that shot.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Alternatively u could bypass all that by using silver to pop the balloon underneath FP

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

So sick and tired of these unbeatable KPP rounds.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

That is if you get past the hellish DC that are nearly impossible to complete these days. I think all this is happening because they tweaked the destructimeter so that it fills up less. I noticed that when I did the first DC after the update that it didn’t fill up as much and I even began to fail at the second round. Have played a lot less as a result

rgc
    @rgc1

Exact same experience just now. I even used spells and paid 60 gems on the final Boss Pig level and still nothing. The 3 birds they gave me in relation to what remained were useless. The timing of this is no accident. People are stuck at home and they are going to get money for xmas and Rovio’s making a play for it. Don’t give in. Boycott Arena, DC and refuse chests they offer. Take a hit for a while and deny them this Christmas cash grab.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Today’s DC, at least for me, is another pile of crap. Haven’t won it in so long I’m down to 2-2-3. Rounds 1 and 2 are no problem. Round three is hideous. The two rooms before the boss simply suck birds. You’re forced to use Bomb, Terrence, and Matilda at a minimum, but only if every single micro pig dies. If one or more do not, you will have to use 1-3 more birds. Twice I just had to quit because the pig was simply not reachable by any bird. Room two takes 3 birds again, minimum, and the game gives you all of your heavy hitters again before getting to the useless birds (for this level, they’re useless) like Blues, Red, and Chuck.

The boss is actually fairly easy, if you have any birds which do real damage and can dislodge him from his perch. But since all of the heavy hitters have been spent on the first two rooms, you’re left with useless birds which can’t even get him down, much less do any real damage.

This really is no fun anymore.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I’m convinced the KPP was changed to ensure it cannot be beat without gems. Haven’t beat it in weeks, but not that I’ve had the opportunity much since the DC is not much better. Rarely get past round 1, and only once got past round 2. Even though the bosses are often quite beatable if you have birds, the rooms are designed to ensure you do not, especially on round 2. The one time I made it to round 3 and to the boss, it was one which required beating the boss to death, and requires multiple continues to do it.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

It’s entirely possible that something was altered and it wouldn’t surprise me (or anyone else, especially the posters in this thread at least). I haven’t posted in a while as I just haven’t been bothering whatsoever with playing the DC, mainly because I want the rooms to be lower so that I can get through it without having to spend too much time trying.

With the worse destructo-meter it just makes everything harder, which would easily explain why you @aggieguy are having trouble getting past rounds 1 and 2. It’s that plus the typical bird-sucking rooms containing micro pigs that consume additional birds, which make things unfairly difficult and a ploy to extract gems off you. Thankfully I’ve become tolerant to that and will play enough times to where either I get past for free or call it quits.

Then add on top of that the mediocre rewards from beating it:

– 1000 feathers…which means 50 DC wins to level up a single 50k feather bird.

– 100 black pearls…gee that sure will help towards buying the 10,000 peals each exotic hats to finish the exotic sets.

– A single spell…which is pretty much worthless since the Arena rework removed spells. Also why just 1? At least let us have a x3 random spell…1 is just a wasted filler reward.

The chest is the only slightly less crappy reward and even then you can open it and get a blue hat card for 20 pearls or 500 feathers or something equally bad, so really it’s “rarely” any better than everything else.

rgc
    @rgc1

Playing the DC is now like experiencing Donald Trump’s presidency. It’s just all about losing. This is how I play now; strategic losing and avoid the Arena altogether. Angry Birds 2 is now all about how you lose, not how you win. Well done, Rovio.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Let’s just complain and discuss the game and leave politics out of it. I think most people have had their fill and would prefer escaping it for a little while.

rgc
    @rgc1

Sorry, thought it was an apt analogy. Even today as I was playing the joke ran through my head, “Have the Trumps taken over Rovio?” I think you should get used to it, though. In the weeks, months and years to come, Trump is going to be the go-to analogy, metaphor, simile, allusion, etc, for all things cheap, greedy and corrupt.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I get what you mean @rgc1 As an analogy it works ,even with it being about that individual. But anyway, figured I’d post about my run today. DC, 2-2-3:

Took me a few attempts to get past this boss. The TNT pile in the middle was key to getting him down, as it flings all the rocks up into the air and stops the boss mid-flight. He landed down to the right (on the platform under the rocket) and the rocks managed to hit and slide down the top right bamboo tube straight onto the boss’ head.

The KPP was doable and didn’t take more than 3 attempts. Boss 1:

Boss 2:

Boss 3 (borrowed from the FB group as I forgot to take my own screenshot):

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Decided to do today’s DC to take advantage of the x2 black peal event. Was a 3-3-4 which means I’ll be skipping for a bit after this one. The boss wasn’t anything special:

KPP is ridiculous. Round 1, both rooms 1 and 2 take me 3 birds each to get through each time. The boss doesn’t have lots of health and can be beaten to death:

Round 2 is much easier to get through, and then you have this annoying boss:

If you can drop him down the left side after clearing away the ice blocking the exit, he flies straight out. If he falls down the right side he ends up going round and round the slide loop and you have to use the flat slide and perfectly timed shots to knock him out the exit. For every attempts he went down the right side and then it’s down to luck if you can knock him out. This just got tedious and I found myself succeeding about 25% of the time.

Boss 3 (I reached it one time so at least I got a screenshot) isn’t very fun and I remember getting stuck on this one when it appeared in the levels:

After close to 10 attempts I don’t think I’ll be trying again. As you can see in the screenshot above, I got in with 5 birds on my first attempt which is definitely down to luck and I don’t know how I managed it; the other couple of times I got to round 3 I ran out of birds on the 4th room.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

A good example of stupid design was room 4 of round 5:

Without Bomb or possibly Matilda, this pig is un-killable. Shown in the screenshot is after having thrown 2 other birds to try and kill it but to no avail. This pig survive most times I got to this room and that’s not considering the other stuff you have to clear, meaning 3-4 birds to get past this one. It’s stuff like this that just irritates me and makes giving up come earlier.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Was VERY lucky to beat KPP in one try

rgc
    @rgc1

They are not backing down on this, are they? Today’s Daily Challenge is bullshit. 3rd level room 3 is designed to ENSURE you WILL NOT finish WITHOUT spending money or gems. It’s total, transparent bullshit and we are pathetic to continue playing. I accuse myself, too. Why do I keep playing a game whose designers seem now intent on making the game as utterly unenjoyable as is possible. Total bullshit throughout now.

rgc
    @rgc1

The only reason to play the Daily Challenge now is to collect the 15 gems for playing. But as I am not spending gems, or watching commercials in protest of the recent changes, there is no reason to even collect the gems for playing. So, no reason to play. This is what you have done, Rovio. You have arranged things so the logical conclusion is not to play. Even in the Arena, where you shut us down on level 1 or 2, it just seems you do not want us to play? The game now seems to be all about shutting players down, not encouraging them on.

rgc
    @rgc1

Same with today’s Clan battle. Total bird wasting bullshit. Absolute fuckery.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,776 through 1,800 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.