Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,826 through 1,850 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Wow…no posts in over a week. This happened today in the 2nd level of a 4-5-6. Bomb couldn’t even pop it:

On the 2nd attempt, I make it to the 5th level on a 4-5-6. 4 birds left, so probably making it to the boss, until the disappearing pig re-appears here:

Srsly think I’m done with this game. Used to be fun; now it’s just a waste of time.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Yeah, no i think i might go on a hiatus for a couple months or so as this game has bored me ever since they killed destructometer and simply serves purpose of being a time waster. I even forget to log in at some days. Also have exams coming up so all my free time has been eaten up, not that i was spending much time to begin with

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

Yeah, the pig bosses are becoming impossible unless you skip a few daily challenges.. but with bird cards at 50k feathers you need to do them as often as possible.  The game just isn’t fun anymore..

Maybe that why all the new comers to our clan, usually get kicked out for not doing the CVC battles. I mean, why be in a clan if you won’t do them? Its still one of the only ways to really build up your flock power, seeing how they have made getting the boss and king pigs all but impossible to do.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

As I’ve likely said before, I just don’t play the DC at all unless it’s easy which requires skipping several days, and even then I often just can’t be bothered playing when it’s got lowered rooms. I’ve probably said it before, I won’t play once it reaches a certain number of rooms (usually when it goes to 3-4-5) as then continuing to win just increases it further, and I’m 100% not interested in getting to 4-5-6 hell.

When I do bother playing I have to try to remember to take screenshots, first of the DC  boss and later for the KPP ones. With that I can put together a post for this thread, which I still enjoy doing and I appreciate everyone who’s still active here and posts replies even if not as frequently.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

@birdbrained just have to keep an eye on who’s coming in and try to encourage them to chip in. Either that or find a new clan where everyone puts in work. I’ve been in similar clans before and just got annoyed with zero participation in the clan challenges and battles.

I left them fairly quickly and eventually found a proper clan that always fully completes the challenges (the leaders put up a point requirement and everyone plays and gets the points). It feels good getting all the rewards at the end knowing that everyone helps out. Being in a clan where each challenge you only get the first 1-2 rewards because no one wants to participate is not fun at all and defeats the purpose of being in a clan as you said.

As with the CvC battles, we win some and lose some, mostly due to being outplayed though sometimes to clans full of sketchy players, in which the leaders of our clan will take notes on them and then report them, and most of the time we get compensated afterwards. If the opposing clan is legit then all we have to do is take our free goes and try to improve, which often allows us take the lead after being behind, or get ahead early on and stay there.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

I got clan leadership dumped on me about 6 weeks ago. Owner got sent to 2nd shift and could not run the clan as well as he wanted..

We adopted 2 rules.. Do the CVC battle, or you are out.  And check in every 2 days to keep track of the next one. So far we have about 38 out of 50 that do the battles regularly and we are now 16 and 0 for our score, in the 10k league.  I regularly kick between 5 and 15 at the end of each battle, as many log in but just won’t do them.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Played the DC today as it was down to 2-2-3. The boss was simple:

KPP was a no-go for me at least. 1st boss:

2nd boss:

I’ve not seen this one before. The 2 flowers spit the boss up in a straight line and back into the flower, so you’re forced to time your birds and throw them so that they hit the boss while he’s mid-air. If you have Bubbles and the boss is being spat up and down in the first flower, a timed inflation can push the boss out the left side.

Round 3 was a joke and basically every room was a bird sucker. I either didn’t make it to the 3rd boss or got in with 1-2 birds which isn’t enough for this one:

The top right set of fans are present in this time making it the no-exit variant (normally it’s open there allowing the boss to get blown up and out the top right if you’re lucky) so you essentially have to beat the boss to death = you need tons of birds to do so and keep him moving when he lands on the bottom platform. I played until my lives ran out and then gave up as doing a beat-to-death boss with not enough birds is a waste of time and not fun.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Yeah, I’m not playing much anymore. They took the fun out a long time ago. Almost didn’t reinstall it when my phone decided to commit suicide and die. I swear, the Pixel 4 is the biggest piece of junk I’ve ever seen. Third time I’ve had to replace the Pixel 4 since it replaced my S7.

Anyway, I did play today had the same KPP. Round 1 is easy. The boss pig is not very strong; just have to beat him to death with birds and/or debris.

The easiest way to beat round 2 is a trick shot with Silver. Get the pig into the flower where he is going up and down. Launch Silver and have her loop, striking the boss and sending him to the left. You can also send Stella into the Flower, and when it sends her up, try to bubble the pig. He might float off to the left, or might go high enough to simply die.

Never made it to the final boss. Round 3 was the inevitable bird sucker. The rare time I even beat the DC, the KPP is a 1 and done attempt. Haven’t beaten it in eons.

I don’t mind a challenge, but I find the fact that they made it so people have to pay to win most of the time to be offensive.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Haven’t even beaten the DC in almost a week. Either an immortal pig with insane amount of health, or one which requires specific birds and/or trick shots to drop the pig down a hole. Of course, the previous rooms suck up those specific birds.
    I don’t even bother trying more than once anymore. Just no longer worth the time or effort.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I decided to play my DC today, it had gone to 2-2-3 with this easy boss:

KPP turned out to be another waste of time and after a few attempts, it was time to stop trying and instead just collect my gems for the “play the DC + KPP” quests. The 1st boss:

2nd boss required beating the boss to death:

I got to the 3rd boss one time in the handful of attempts I did:

And with any tedious and extra difficult KPP, round 3 turns into a bird sucker if you don’t get lucky with debris and having no single pigs surviving, so upon making it to the boss I didn’t have enough birds to deal with it. One attempt on round 3 I ended up using 4 birds on 2 of the rooms which ruins the run completely.

I’ve seen this boss a few times and as far as I know it’s only beatable by dropping the boss out the map, in this case using the pink portals (aka you need lots of birds to clear the way to him) or by doing a very specific trick shot with Silver + the blue portals. Pummelling him to death doesn’t work as he has tons of health and the tractor beam things just make reaching him awkward as you get less range with your birds being pulled down.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

An extra comment here…on the one attempt where I made it to the 3rd boss I had this ridiculous pig survive on the 4th room, being held in place just on the edge of the side tractor beam (and I just had had to screenshot it):

Just another stupid last-ditch effort of the gaming sucking one more bird out of my already-low supply right before I enter the last boss of the KPP.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Played again today, another 2-2-3

Bomb is essential to clear out the blockage on the right to allow the boss to continue sliding down to his doom.

The KPP was doable today, albeit after several attempts. Boss 1 was extremely easy:

Boss 2:

This is one of those no-exit rooms where you have to knock the boss off his balloon perch and then beat him to death with timed shots while he’s sliding round the lower slime slide box that he’s in. Not that bad and I was able to get in with way more birds on the rest of my attempts.

Boss 3:

In my attempts I only reached it a few times as I mainly ended up having to restart on the 2nd boss. Eventually I got in with 5 birds (round 3 was more tolerable this time) and was able to deal with the boss.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Had a KPP today where I made it to the final room. Never seen it before, but looked to be a simple room. Clear out the junk, drop the pig into the water, and hit him from below with Stella, Terrance, and even Red and Chuck could do it. Used one of those continues you buy during the hat events figuring that it would be no problem since I had already cleared out everything. Missed with Gray (used her to verify the correct aim), and Red didn’t move the pig enough. Slammed the boss with Terrance and off he went. Disappeared to the right and down off the screen. Game just sat there for about 20 seconds and then ended with it as a failure. Wasn’t going to spend gems to see if I could locate the pig.

Almost threw the phone across the room.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I feel you there @aggieguy I would’ve also been close to breaking something…this game has moments like that where you feel as if it’s intentionally going out of it’s way to screw you over, BS you and annoy you.

I played today because I had daily quests for playing both the DC and KPP so why not give it a go. 2-2-3 DC, I don’t recall seeing this boss room before but regardless it was easy:

The KPP took a few attempts  merely because the first 2 bosses were pretty straight forward and then round 3 was a mild bird sucker, so I had to retry a few times before I got the rooms down.

Turns out I wasn’t fullscreen when I took the screenshots for the first 2 bosses so excuse the bottom task bar. Boss 1:

Boss 2:

Boss 3:

I ended up getting in with way more birds on my winning run, this screenshot was from my first time reaching it so I got the screenshot and restarted.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

An extra note, I did read your recent comment Aggie, on the day you posted it and I intended on commenting but just never got round to doing so. Plus I haven’t played the DC for several days so had nothing to post about. Some days I just don’t even open the game for more than a few minutes to do some clan stuff and then get off.

If I have some time to waste or feel more interested to play (because I’m bored and go “eh, let’s do some AB2 for a bit”) then I’ll do some Arena games alongside my clan stuff. The DC and especially the KPP can take a while to beat so I have to be in the mood to tackle it.

Also for the 3rd KPP boss (and to echo your frustrating experience in your recent comment Aggie) I ended up winning on fast forward mode, waiting for the boss to slide around the room and down to the exit. The path was clear and he kept stopping and falling back onto the slides. Luckily he made it to the bottom right and rolled to his doom before the continue screen appeared, to which I would’ve thrown something and closed the game.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Played for the 2 daily quests. DC was 2-2-3, easy boss:

KPP only took one restart as the 1st boss took a bit of effort to kill:

The rest were non problematic for me. 2nd boss:

3rd boss:

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Didn’t plan on playing today but I had a daily quest to play the DC and to use a spell, so figured I may aswell do both at once. The DC was still at 2-2-3, which means I will likely not be playing when I see the rooms increase. The boss was easy:

Figured then I may aswell attempt the KPP, and thankfully it was doable and I only had to restart a few times. 1st boss:

This one can be a little tricky as you need to open up the exit and then push the boss down it, while dealing with the tractors beams pulling the boss to the sides.

2nd boss:

I guess you’re meant to get the boss thrown out the left side, though I ended up beating him to death instead.

3rd boss:

The first time I got to this one I only had 1 bird, as round 3 was a bit bird sucky so I just restarted and didn’t want to have 1 bird in the screenshot. Eventually got in with 4 and was able to beat the boss to death, which thankfully was easy as he wasn’t pumped up with a massive health pool.

Shuckle
    @shuckle

I think they increased the difficulty level again in the latest upgrade. I can not do even the first level anymore.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Yep, I’m rarely making it to the boss pig anymore unless it is 2-2-3 or less. Today I had to use every single bird to clear room 1 on round 3. The only bird which could destroy the structures was Bomb due to everything being stone. The pigs would become so buried that even Terrance couldn’t reach them.

I’ve always said I will quit if I earn less than 1250 coins in the MEBC. I think this will probably be it for me in 38 days. Between the DC/KPP being all but unplayable, I’m barely earning 20 points a day in the MEBC. I’ve noticed scores for all the top people have gone up big time, even without a hat adventure, so this is depressing the scores of everyone doesn’t pay lots of $$$.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Was time to play today, a daily quest for each and it’s been enough waiting. 2-2-3 DC:

KPP took a few attempts as the 1st boss was a little tricky to get past:

The main step here is that you have to push the boss through the gap he’s sat on, which is easier said than done as he only goes through when he’s on his side and at a very precise angle, so it takes a while to pull off.

I got in with 8 birds each time and the boss sometimes refused to go through. I can see Stella maybe being able to float him up through the top orange portal though I never got to try that.

After eventually getting that one done, the rest was straight forward. 2nd boss:

3rd boss:

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

Would be nice if I could follow your tips. But I’ve other boss levels than you each day. :-(

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Hey people…I’m not gone, just haven’t been touching or even acknowledging the DC and just wanted to let it drop right down. Well it appears to have done just that, and I played today as there’s x3 Leonard and x2 Hatchling. My DC was real low at just  1-1-2. The boss was easy with loads of birds:

The KPP was a first-time win. Boss 1:

No notable issues here. Blues was used to drop the boss down and then I got Terence who smashed into the boss and took off most of his health, following him round the slide and finishing him off in the middle.

Boss 2:

Only had 4 birds and a near-full meter thanks to a nasty 1st room that took 5 birds to clear. I cleared the all the floating junk in the middle with Leo and then managed to get the boss over to the bottom right corner drop. He almost didn’t go in but I got Chuck and he was able to fly across and knock him down.

Boss 3:

For this one I only got in with 2 birds.  The top downwards-facing air jet just above the slingshot launched Terence into the boss which heavily damaged him and sent most of the rocks over too, and the boss was finished off by getting smacked by said rocks.

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

I used to finish the dc virtually every day almost without fail, on android and pc untill about a couple of weeks ago, then the difficulty on both platforms ramped up stupid amounts on pc and even worse on the phone and now i rarely finish on either, now it’s mostly dumb rng luck.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

DC went to 2-2-3 today and I played to make use of the boosted Leo and hatchling.The boss was nothing difficult:

I was unable to beat the KPP though and probably spent upwards of 10 attempts (I used up all my lives and all the available videos for extra lives). Boss 1 was easy:

As was boss 2:

Boss 3 however was where the trouble was:

I would either make it in with 2 birds if one ore more of the rooms ate up 3-4 birds, or I’d get in with 4-5 at most on a good run. Even with that, you have to clear all the junk inside the tractor beams, get the boss up into them, push him across to the right side and then clear the 2 platforms on the right side so that he falls down the pit.

I never got him past the 4th tractor mainly because I didn’t have enough birds to do so, and he would just get caught on some random piece of debris and stop moving after I’d hit him with a bird.

I really don’t care enough for the rewards to spend gems on extra birds. Either I beat it for free or I don’t beat it at all (and save 60 gems which frankly I’d rather do).

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Played today as I had a daily quest for both, so figured I may aswell. DC was at 2-2-3 (where I prefer it as it’s quick to do and less annoying). The boss was simple:

Just had to get rid of the 3 “structures”, drop the boss down and then push him down the right ice slope.

The KPP only took a handful of attempts. Boss 1 was a little tedious but with all the birds I got it wasn’t an issue:

Boss 2:

While the room is intact in this screenshot, on at least 2 of my attempts the room began collapsing by itself moments after I entered:

It happened twice, and one of the times the boss was somehow knocked to the left and fell down the hole (to the right of Red’s card in the above screenshot). I was however able to beat it normally with the room staying intact and it really wasn’t’ much harder.

Boss 3:

Got in with less birds on my other attempts but eventually made it in with 5 and ended up beating the boss to death.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,826 through 1,850 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.