Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 14 replies - 1,851 through 1,864 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Not once, but twice this happened today…This is why I hate this game now

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

yep I got it too.. just skipped it for the day then. Not worth it wasting gems.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Decided to play today as I had daily quests available for both the DC and KPP. It was a quick and easy 2-2-3 DC ending with this boss:

Just had to clear the ledge just about the boss to the right and then get him up there via the lower flowers, and then boot him out the right side with Silver + the flower above the slingshot.

The KPP only took a couple of retries. Boss 1:

Should be pretty clear what the method is, and with lots of birds available it was pretty easy to do.

Boss 2:

Here you push the rocks onto the slides which go round and up to the boss and pummel him. Thankfully he didn’t have tons of health and took good damage every time he got smacked by a rock so it was just a matter of sending things round to beat him to death.

Boss 3:

Most of my restarts came on this one as I got in with 2 birds the first attempt and then 3 the second. Finally made it in with 4 and a a nearly-full meter and was able to beat it.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Today my DC was up to 2-3-4 which is probably the highest I’ll bother playing. With an active x3 Bubbles I thought I’d play since such a boost usually makes things easier. The boss:

Nothing too annoying. The lower flower on the right sends the boss up to the top platform, and the one above it sends him over the top platform and down to the area below the slingshot. Once I got him down there it was just a case of pushing him to the exit.

The KPP was fairly straight forward although I had to restart a few times. Boss 1:

Lots of birds made it easy, this room version is the easier variant where the top right exit is more spacious and so easier to get the boss through.

Boss 2:

Once you know how this one works (and have Terence available) you can clear it with just him and maybe an additional bird if needed.

Boss 3:

Only had 2 birds for this one but was able to clear it with Bubbles opening up the exit and Terence going up to the boss to knock him down. The boss luckily found his way to the exit and fell to his doom.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I haven’t been playing despite the recent Midsummer event but today I figured I might aswell. My DC was down to 2-2-3 and I got this boss:

The KPP felt fairly easy, though I guess I just got lucky as I finished it on the first attempt. Boss 1:

Boss 2:

Boss 3:

I didn’t expect to beat this one with the 4 birds I had (the 4th card was Matilda) but I thankfully nothing stupid happened. I got an extra rare chest apparently too from the first room that I didn’t even know I had collected.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

After a several week break from playing (or even thinking about) the DC I went ahead and played today. x3 Hal is available and I have daily quests to play the DC and KPP so why not. The DC was right down to 1-1-2 so the boss was a non-issue:

KPP was annoying and a no-go. Boss 1 I could reach and beat fine:

Boss 2 was this strange one:

There’s no way to directly hit the boss with birds so instead you have to throw them at the crystals and have the rock shooters knock the boss down and somehow get him into the pink portal in the bottom left. That just never happened and he ended up getting stuck with no way to free him:

One time he decided to just sit on the incline when there was no debris in the way:

I might try again later if I find a moment to do so, otherwise this KPP was stupid and not worth any more time.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Today I had another 2 daily quests for playing the DC + KPP (this is usually the reason for me playing). The DC went up to 2-2-3 which isn’t a big deal as I was able to beat the boss on the first attempt:

The KPP took several attempts mainly due to the first and second bosses being tricky. The first boss was this one:

Luckily I could get in enough birds to ensure I wore the boss down with birds, as since there’s no exit you have to pummel him to death and use the fans to launch him around the room for damage. Tedious but doable with enough birds.

Boss 2:

This one took a few attempts to get past, mildly tedious but doable with some minor luck.

Boss 3:

I was expecting the boss to have tons of health but thankfully he didn’t. I egg’d him directly with Matilda which took off a good chunk of his health and then was able to finish him off by dropping the stones down onto him.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

x2 black pearls active for today so went ahead and played. The DC was 2-2-3, “easy” boss providing you have Bubbles and know the method:

The KPP was a surprising 1st try win. Boss 1:

No real issues with this one, and I could have re-tried with more birds if I had needed to.

Boss 2:

This one can be tricky but I was able to clear the exit and then send the boss round and down it without him getting stuck in an unreachable spot.

Boss 3:

I somehow managed to beat this one with just 2 birds. Matilda egg’d the boss and dropped him through the orange portal with some good damage. The boss settled in the middle and then a Silver slam to the right sent him down into the blue portal, with the rocks following behind and then smashing the boss to death moments later.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Played to get the daily quests done. A 2-2-3 with this boss that took no effort:

The KPP only took like 1-2 restarts due to bad lucky but ultimately the bosses were all pretty straight forward. Boss 1:

No real issues with this one as I had tons of birds to use. Boss 2:

With the boss requiring being beaten to death I just needed to get in with lots of birds and then the boss killers were able to wreck his health. Boss 3:

I got in to this one with more birds on attempts after this one where I got the screenshot (the first attempt). The boss didn’t have tons of health and you can get a direct hit on him with a good bird like Bomb or Terence and take out most of his health bar. I was able to finish him off once he ended up in the area under where he starts off.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

Problem I have is windows 10. I have had birds directly hit the boss pig, bounce off of him and do little if any damage.  Wasted too many birds doing that and I end up having to use gems to get more birds..  – NOT..  Its why I can only finish 1 daily challenge out of 3.  I am not spending a ton of gems just to finish a challenge. Also noticed the boss pigs or king pigs are starting to end up in areas that are impossible to knock them out of.. I just stop the challenge and write off another days play.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

Can someone answer a question for me? When playing the daily challenge and you get to the king pig map. Is there a specific way you have to hit the king pig to give it maximum damage?

In other words, if I use big red, does he have to hit the pig squarely on TOP of its head, or can it hit the pig squarely on the side?

Todays Daily challenge is yet another gem eater as its a “beat the pig to death” map. I hit the pig dead center with Big red, the Blues, and with Little red, and only damaged him 1/4 of the way.  Not spending any gems on this one..

Getting frustrated watching my birds hit pigs and just bounce off of them without doing very much damage.

dtmt
    @dtmt

The damage done by your birds is totally level dependent. In some levels “good” birds do real damage and usually combo with Terence, Bomb and Silver is enough to beat the level. In some levels those three might not be enough and the level has no exit to push the King pig out. These levels tend to be the hardest kind. Some levels are designed so that you need to figure out a way to push the King pig out of the map and in those maps you cannot damage the King pig enough even with full stock of birds.

Of course if you are in 4-5-6 hell getting the right birds to King pig level is totally frustrating and at least in my case totally luck dependent even with help of watching walk through videos. I usually end up paying once maybe 50% of the time in order to not have to  play the same daily challenge over and over again.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

So in other words a direct hit, squarely on the king pig does not guarantee it will take any damage?
    If that is the case, im done with this game. Because that is cheating of the worst kind by rovio

grammyK
    @grammyk

This discussion continues on Discord.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 14 replies - 1,851 through 1,864 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.