Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,751 through 1,775 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Today’s KPP has a blocked exit for round 3 and no way to beat the pig to death.

guava564
    @guava564

Anyone else noticed you don’t get mighty eagle as an extra card anymore during a level? Another small twist of the money grab screw.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Yep, I’ve noticed that too. Always get a duck, inflator, blizzard, and sometimes a chili.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Todays KPP is a nightmare to complete, as all stages need a lot of birds, and the rooms before them and the boss room themselves are bird suckers. The first stage is an awkward water stage that requires you to destroy all the structures and knock CP to the right. This was difficult for me because when he is to the left of the rightmost flower I either a) hit him too low so that he goes into the flower and lands in the middle ‘island’ or b) hit him too high so that he hits the ‘floating island’ and goes back into the water. This drained nearly all of my birds and half of my lives. Here’s the boss room for reference:

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

That room is a pain, but it is beatable.

Like you said, clear all the junk out of the way first.

Then, make sure the pig is in the middle water. I found Terrance worked best for launching him off to the right, but it is a crap shoot. Half my attempts didn’t work.

Round 2 wasn’t bad, but like I posted late last night, round 3 is a blocked exist and overly tough boss.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Actually, I found the second stage really difficult, as I either ran out of birds because of the aforementioned bird sucker rooms or wasted all my birds trying to get KP out of awkward positions like this:

As for the third stage, it is a hell hole. I actually got all my heavy hitters two times into the bossroom, but always never am able to kill him cos I always mess up one of the shots that leave him with a sliver of health and pisses me off to all extent

guava564
    @guava564

Lol well after now playing with no mighty eagles as extra birds I have decided it is better that way as now you don’t come up against other players in the arena where they get a mighty eagle causing you to lose.

I don’t think they have thought this through. One of those that looks good on paper but in practice doesn’t make any more money and might even lose them a bit.

guava564
    @guava564

And now they are back with the latest update

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I finally decided to play again after having not bothered completing any DCs for a week, just to ensure that I would get something easy. What I got was probably the shortest I’ve seen for a while. The first 2 rounds were just 1 room each and the 3rd with the boss was 2 room, making it a 1-1-2. This was the boss:

It wasn’t much of a challenge with 8 birds to spare. The KPP was a 1st try win and I got an extra rare chest which I didn’t even see that I had collected. Boss 1 is strange but simple:

Boss 2, normally a pain but I was able to (or lucky enough) to get good damage on him:

Boss 3:

I cleared the structure in front with Bomb and got the boss down by sending birds through the slime tunnel. Once the boss was laying down below a direct hit with Terence took away a large amount of health and I could just finish him off with whatever birds I had left.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I forgot to do the DCs from the last few days, but today I decided to do it, and the hatchling boost just made it easier. DC was 2-2-3 with this boss that was a 1-shot with Terence:

KPP was a 1st-try win with an extra rare chest:

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Another 2-2-3 with a beat-to-death boss that only took a few birds:

KPP was a beaten in just 1 attempt with an extra rare chest earned.

Boss 1 – you’re probably meant to push him down the waterfall however his health seemed really low as I was able to beat him to death with just a few birds:

Boss 2 wasn’t too bad as I had enough birds:

Boss 3, Bubbles under the boss and inflate when he starts tipping to the left and the boss goes out the left side:

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

My DC went up to 2-3-4, still doable with no trouble:

KPP was a first-time win, probably with some luck involved. Boss 1:

Boss 2, I thought I was screwed but thankfully after knocking the boss he bounced around for a bit and then fell down the hole at the bottom without touching any of the trampolines next to it:

Boss 3 I got lucky and was able to beat with the birds I had:

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Haven’t beaten the DC in the last 5 days.

Heck, only made it to the final room once, and that was 5 days ago when I could have gotten the Legendary chest if I finished it, but that ended up being 4-5-6 and I had to buy birds on room 4 because it was a bird sucking round and made it to the final room with 0 birds and didn’t continue.

Even with not winning for 5 days in a row, I’m still getting hideous rounds where I run out of birds by the third room.

Kind of figures because if I could get those extra birds for the MEBC, I could make it to the next level before it ends. No way I’ll make it without.

I guess it will drop back to 2-3-4 or whatever it does before the game goes into mercy mode and doesn’t give me crap.

Snow7501
    @snow7501

Hi there,

I’m looking for a gentle soul who might be able to reply to a question I have about Daily Challenge. I already know that after a few daily failures, the DC will go back to easier levels than 4-5-6, but how fast does it happen?

For about a month, I had been stuck to 4-5-6, which I managed to complete except one day thanks to the videos that some players post on YouTube, but even with these videos, it always took me ages to complete the DC (from 7 to sometimes 20 attempts every day) and I’ve gotten a bit tired to spend all this time on the DC and then KPP while not playing the arena or the regular levels, so I have decided to try and go back to easier DC.

So, Thursday and Friday, I failed the 4-5-6 DC. Saturday, I had a 4-4-5 which I failed on purpose. Today, I’m also getting a 4-4-5 which I’ll fail on purpose. My goal is to fail until the new season of MEBC starts (I just reached a new frame level in the current season, and I know I won’t reach the next one, so I don’t really care about the extra cards right now, but I will when the new season starts).

From your past experience, how fast can you reach these easier DC levels (like 1-1-2)?

And if some of you play with this strategy, how often do you fail on purpose to never play the 4-5-6?

Thanks in advance!

dtmt
    @dtmt

From few pages back: https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/daily-challenge-current-difficulty/page/68/#post-242768

As I try to maintain level 3 with the hatchling and try to reach high places with might eagle challenge I do not have the luxury of losing too many days in a row. Now and then the game throws so hard 4-5-6’s in a row that I drop to 4-4-5 but that’s it and its takes me usually 2 days and I’m back in 4-5-6 hell.

I have same problem that even after watching videos and being willing to pay 60 gems to complete the daily it usually takes either 1-2 tries or 10-15 tries depending on level. there is no in between and trying that many times in a day makes me hate the game and myself for doing that.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

To reply to your question @snow7501 it should take a couple of days for the difficulty to decrease. I actually don’t know exactly how many days but if were to guess I’d say 2-3, maybe more. At the top of this page (page 71) you’ll see that I didn’t play for an entire week and got 1-1-2; this gradually went up as I played and beat them each day, which let’s be honest you may aswell do since at that point I know they’re going to be easy.

Then when I get to the 3-4-5 zone I’ll stop beating the DCs and just play the first 2 rounds for apples and gifts, as beating those will just inch me closer to 4-5-6 hell and I’m not willing to put up with that any more. It’s easy to check if your DC is easier, just play through and see if the rooms have lowered. If they’re the same then just collect the apples and gifts if you bother with those, and try again the next day.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Now down to 2-2-3. After grabbing all the apples and a few gifts, I went ahead and beat it:

KPP only took 1 restart. Boss 1 was this room which thankfully was the version with an exit in the corner:

Boss 2:

I had to restart here as  when I was pushing over the structures to do the Bubbles trick, some debris ended up going into the back flower and breaking the boss’ perch, sending him down. On my 2nd attempt I was able to pull of the Bubbles trick which as far as I know is the only way to beat this boss.

Boss 3:

Clear the structures, bring the boss down and he dies when he rolls off the 2nd ledge down below and goes out the map. An extra rare chest made this KPP a good one.

Snow7501
    @snow7501

Thank you @oliverfrancis

I’m keeping track of the evolution and its decreasing. So far, it’s been:

2/12: 2-3-4 Failed

1/12: 2-3-4 Failed

30/11: 3-3-4 F

29/11: 4-4-5 F

28/11: 4-4-5 F

27/11: 4-5-6 F

26/11: 4-5-6 F

Some time ago, just before I reached the constant 4-5-6 which I beat daily for a while, I remember a day I was struggling with a specific daily challenge, and throughout all the attempts that day, the difficulty decreased on and on until I got 1-2-3 and succeeded. Sadly this hasn’t happened again.

however I read on a previous part of this thread that it was a bug?

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

I heard that for some people it’s a bug. However, for some strange reason it works for me. It goes down to a 1-1-2 if I either (a) Fail DC once or (b) Completing the streak by doing one 4-5-6. Not sure why it only works for me

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

For me at least it’s back to how it was before, where you have to wait a few days for it to get easier. I really liked being able to lower the difficulty there and then by just failing a few times but it’s clear that’s too player friendly, so we’re stuck with having to just not play and wait for it to drop.

I did yesterday’s DC as there was a x2 feather event so figured I may aswell do it even though it was a 2-3-4. I sadly couldn’t beat the KPP and after about 10 failed attempts I eventually got given completely different rooms, probably as I was playing fairy late. I couldn’t be bothered to try the new ones so I went to bed.

Today I got the new rooms for my KPP, but first the DC – a 2-3-4 that I wasn’t planning on doing, but then a rare chest showed up on round 3 when I was about to restart to farm for gifts, so I went ahead with it. The boss was this one, low health and he died without much effort:

KPP was pretty easy and just took one restart. Boss 1:

Boss 2 (forgot to screenshot but it was this one):

Boss 3:

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Played today as there’s a x2 black pearl event active and I haven’t completed any DCs since my last post. It seems to have lowered a bit, as I got a 2-2-3 with this boss:

I haven’t seen this one before…maybe it’s in the levels somewhere but I don’t remember it. It was pretty easy – Bomb cleared away all the ice and snowball pigs in the middle, then I just had to get the boss down onto the slide and the air jets eventually blew him out the top right.

KPP was a first time win. Boss 1:

A new one, you have to use the pink portals to reach the boss, and then the blue ones too if he goes through the blue portal on the right and ends up in the area behind the slingshot. Not too difficult.

Boss 2, a familiar room:

Boss 3:

I remember this one from the levels, it was a while ago and I recall getting stuck  trying to get past it as I never had enough birds for it, and I think it was one of those stupidly hard boss levels that had like 5 or 6 rooms before the boss room. Today though I had more than enough and was able to get the boss down to the area on the bottom right and Silver was able to boot him out.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Played today and got a 2-2-3:

KPP took a few attempts but eventually I beat it:

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Still stuck in 4-5-6 hell. It seems most birds and the destruct-o-meter are now being seriously nerfed. I have to take a spell into the first two DC levels to even make it through. I typically used to leave the first 2 levels with 6 or more cards. Only once this week I made it to the boss on the third level.

I think I might be done with this game.

dtmt
    @dtmt

I noticed the same thing. Now I lose on first 2 levels once in a while and when I don’t lose I need to use all my birds. As 4-5-6 hell is as difficult as ever and even getting there is now difficult this makes me question my will to try to compete in MEBC. It does not help that now that they nerfed MECB also so there is  not much of point in it.

dtmt
    @dtmt

Lucky me. Third day in a row that I cannot even reach the boss room. Dropping to 4-4-5 did not help one bit with the difficulty.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,751 through 1,775 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.