Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,726 through 1,750 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • dtmt
    @dtmt

Lucky you. After losing twice on 4-5-6 hell I got one round of 4-4-5 yesterday and today I was back in 4-5-6 hell.

guava564
    @guava564

It is pretty obvious that a lot of people are prepared to spend gems/money to complete the DC for that extra bird for MEBC. The extra bird was obviously only added as well because clearly before that people weren’t bothered about completing the DC whereas they’ve noted that people are competitive and want to finish higher up the board so why not effectively charge people to get an advantage. It is a pay to win game after all.

And so if you want more profits, make the DC even harder so as to squeeze that bit more from those willing to pay. Going by my leaderboard it is working and people are coughing up so I’d be very surprised if it changes back unless loads of people get fed up and leave.

i think I’ve only done the DC once in the last week which has never happened before. Though bear in mind that I only have a couple of goes before giving up as I can’t be bothered to waste my time on it.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

I agree. Have not been able to finish one in weeks now without spending Gems. Seems 90 percent of them are “beat the king pig to death”.
    I have given up trying to even do these anymore.

guava564
    @guava564

It’s no surprise really that they are pushing for more money. Have a look at how rovio are doing on the stock exchange. They are tanking. I don’t think they are making much money on any of their other games either. They just aren’t very popular. So prepare to get hit in the wallet harder and harder on ab2 going forward.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Then again, they were also hard on our wallets pre-pandemic

Wahyu
    @nurw

Im already sent the support. They said its based about my fp and things. So like not every player get same DC room

4-4-5 rooms actualy pain for me

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Figured I’d post my run today. My DC is still stuck, although now round 1 is 2 rooms so I had a 2-3-4…while it’s technically dropped, it’s not significant enough and is just the same being 3-3-4 which I’ve been stuck with for a while now. Decided to do it anyway as there’s a new hat set + adventure out so I may aswell try and get some event tokens. Boss was this pummel-to-death room:

The boss had tons of health and even with tons of birds I wasn’t able to kill him. After a few attempts I ended up switching to Leonard as I remembered him being effective in this one. So I pushed over the left tower to get access to the bottom up-facing flower, threw Leonard into it so that he hit the boss directly and that launched him into the sky and presumably over the left wall as he died after about 5 seconds.

KPP was fairly ok. 1st boss was no problem with lots of birds:

2nd boss I remember doing in one of the levels a while back:

It’s nice to see some different boss rooms that aren’t the standard DC/KPP boss rooms at least. With lots of birds this one wasn’t too bad.

3rd boss, a familiar one, which I managed beat as I had lots of birds:

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Actually, the boss on the DC can be floated off to the right. First clear all the structures including the umbrella and then use Stella. It takes perfect timing and angle, but it does work. On occasional, the pig lands on the ledge and just sits there. Chuck is the only way to know him off.

I had the same one but could never get past the second boss in the KPP. Way too many rooms lately I’ve never seen before and I don’t have all day to try over and over and over again until I beat them.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I figured I’d report my DC run yesterday and my failed KPP run. My DC was a 2-2-3 finally and the boss I was able to beat to death with just a handful of birds:

The KPP was worthless. An easy first boss:

2nd boss was this no exit luck based nightmare:

The boss has lots of health and once you knock him off the balloons he will just randomly bounce around indefinitely in that lower section. The only way to kill him is to send the rocks and debris down to him and hope he collides with them enough to lower his health.

It sounds straight forward but just comes down to pure luck as you’re relying on the debris and the boss hitting each other consistently. Most attempts the debris got him to about half health which isn’t enough. You can also launch some heavy-hitters down to him and hope you time it for when he’s bouncing around on the left-half and they smash into him for some damage but of course they don’t do enough damage.

Most of my restarts were because of this boss room – I remember doing it in the map levels a while ago and having to retry over and over until eventually beating it because I just couldn’t a) get in with enough birds and b) kill him even with a good amount of birds. It wasn’t fun then and it wasn’t fun now.

The 3rd boss I only got to once in my many attempts and it was this one:

Sadly even with the 5 birds I was unable to beat him so I just gave up, and having to deal with the 2nd boss again is just not worth my time. If I bother trying today’s DC and KPP then I’ll post about it.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Today’s KPP was similar to what @oliverfrancis got, in that the first round isn’t bad but second is a nightmarish beat-to-death boss that sucks all your birds on. Gave up after 5 attempts

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

2-2-3 DC, easy boss:

KPP was fairly simple and I only had to restart once on the 2nd boss as I didn’t have enough birds. I guess that was for the best as I was able to secure an extra rare chest on my my 2nd run. Boss 1:

Boss 2 (reusing an old image as I forgot to take one):

Boss 3:

When I took this image I presumably wasn’t zoomed out all the way as part of the right side is missing, so just for context here’s another image with the whole room visible:

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

My DC went up to 2-3-4 today but that’s not really anything too hard, and with event tokens and x2 black pearls as rewards I’m not going to not play. I had this easy boss:

KPP was pretty smooth once I got past the 1st boss:

Despite being the blocked-exit version of this room with added black hole, you can either strike it with Silver or hope that luck favours you and you knock the boss down, falls down into the fans correctly and gets launched straight up or out the left side. This room took 5 attempts to get past and I eventually ended up getting the boss blown out the left side.

2nd boss:

I had lots of birds and was able to beat the boss to death with little issue. Once I had used Red to push over the closest structure as a precaution, Terrence showed up, and a direct hit with him dropped the Boss’ health right down, then a slam from Silver and an egg from Matilda to finish him off.

3rd boss:

This boss in my experience never has much health, so Terrence through the blue portal straight into the Boss’ head demolished most of his health and then Matilda’s egg was enough to finish him off.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

My last DC with the recent x3 Stella the recent hat event. A 2-3-4 with this harder-version of this room:

Getting the boss out the top right ledge area is normally a pain due to the pile of rocks just before the incline and that the end section is way tighter, but I was lucky to have lots of birds at my disposal and thankfully the rocks weren’t in the way when I got the boss up to the top and was able to push him out.

The KPP was a nightmare and took me probably 10 or so attempts, including watching ads for extra lives and then having to wait for lives to refill once the ads ran out. The 1st boss was doable:

The boss has low health so a direct hit with Terrence through the pink portal took off most of his health, then you can just finish him off with Silver or Matilda. The 2nd boss was much harder:

It takes ages for him to die as he has to keep doing laps around the slides, hitting and bouncing off the platform where he starts and falling back into the slides. If he lands safely on the platform then you have to knock him back down. Each successful attempt took about 5 minutes of waiting for him to die.

The 3rd boss was where the frustration peaked:

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

The only way I’ve found to beat FP in final picture is to knock him to that blue portal with silver, so that he goes behind the slingshot to his impending doom

dtmt
    @dtmt

Todays KPP was horrible. As you said rounds 2 & 3 were long and hard and for some reason I got stuck to round 2 many times.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I had some more to add to my post (in case it became too long and failing to post) so here’s the continuation:

If you’ve done level 2453 then you’ve dealt with this one before; it’s 6 rooms, the 5 before the boss are bird-suckers with lots of magician pigs. The boss has tons of health and takes barely any damage from direct hits. I was stuck on this level for 2 days; I’d go through all my lives, then ads for extra lives and then giving up once those ran out.

In the end (and no surprise here) the level eventually went into pity mode and only then was I able to finally beat the level after hammering the boss with a surplus of birds until he died. Easily one of the worst boss levels I’ve ever dealt with, and it’s up there with a few other boss levels that were unbeatable without pity mode.

So seeing it today for the 3rd boss in the KPP it was equally frustrating. I learned today that there’s a shot you can do with Silver where you slam her just to the left of the boss which launches him up into the top right blue portal and out the left side. For this to work you need to destroy the rocket as it’s in the way, but if it falls over and blows up anywhere near the boss he’ll move to the right and you then can’t do the Silver shot.

In one attempt I almost pulled this shot off; the boss was launched into the blue portal but instead of rolling out the left side he went to the right and just fell off and down like so:

Cue about 10 attempts on this KPP, and eventually I was able to push the boss out the bottom of the room after he ended up stuck on the right side (the south-east pad to be specific). An awkward shot through the blue portals and I hit him hard enough to where he escaped the pull of the tractor beam and dropped to his doom.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Ugh, it was absolutely frustrating @dtmt and @dearg-mor . I was just about ready to give up and would’ve very likely done so if I hadn’t got lucky and pushed the boss out the bottom of the room. This room is most definitely an attempt to get you to spend gems, but that’s a complete waste and I knew that when the first time around when I had to deal with this room in the map levels. Save your gems, restart and try to do it without or don’t do it at all.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Same here. I remember getting it for 4-5-6 DC a while ago and rage-quitting the game because I kept failing that trick with silver. It might be even worse than level 1606 (that one where the exit is sealed and you have to beat CP to death in an awkward corner if he falls into a portal) because at least that boss room had a couple reliable tricks. Very rage-inducing

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

To this day I still have no idea how this level is actually supposed to be beaten.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Well it turns the Stella x3 boost lasts for today too, and a x2 hatchling boost came up late last night for me. So I went ahead and did the DC, which was a 3-3-4 with this easy boss room:

The KPP was dialled right back and was much simpler compared to the dreadful one from yesterday. Boss 1:

Boss 2:

Boss 3:

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

If you are on the 4-5-6 DC, this is your boss. Make sure to take Bubbles. (Borrowed the image from another poster.)

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Today’s kpp:

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

That is ridiculous @dearg-mor , just a case of restarting which shouldn’t be too painful to do if that happened on the 1st boss or even the 2nd.

As for my DC, I won’t be doing any for the next couple of days (probably the rest of the week even) as mine is now 4-4-5 due to me having completed the recent DCs. So it’s back to how it’s always been; complete a few then skip a few.

Also, regarding that apparent feature we all had where failing the DC a few times dropped the difficulty – there was a post a few days ago that someone made in the Angry Birds 2 Gamers FB page, asking if others were still getting 4-5-6 DCs over and over (I think we can all feel bad for them). I left this comment:

Well one of the admins of the group responded to me:

So yeah, it was a bug, or a “bug”, as in a testing feature that they then just claimed was a bug once they had done their testing. Just like the pig detector in the ToF…did anyone else here have that at one point? Or do you still have it? I had it for a short while and then it just disappeared and hasn’t come back, which is a shame since it actually made the ToF less annoying to play.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

A bug, huh? Too bad I liked that.

For the first time in years, I got the “Watch a video for an extra bird” show up on a failed DC attempt. Glad that feature is back.  Unless it’s a bug.

Topazz
    @topaz

I’ve played AB2 for several years.  Rovio just wants more money. You could win apples periodically in “scenes.” Now you can’t. Again more money. I’m not paying for apples  when all I had to do is play for them NOT pay. I would buy gems. I guess a great game for me will be deleted. I refuse to give them anymore of my money

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,726 through 1,750 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.