Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,351 through 1,375 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

That’s so BS, hatlad. I guess Hal would’ve been able to deal with that on the off chance you were using him, though I would’ve just restarted rather than pay for extra birds. Thankfully you managed to beat it though even if it cost you.

Regarding today’s DC, I’m not even going to try it. Thanks to a heads up post in a FB group I’m in, it’s this one (screenshot borrowed from page 52):

We all know this one. Doable with enough birds but even then it’s only a low chance as everything needs to go right. Plus the boss can get stuck sometimes and be difficult to reach, such as getting stuck within the tractor beams, or coming out the top pink portal and landing on the wooden platform which is unreachable unless you destroyed the entire structure beforehand.

I won’t risk losing my streak progress over this one, hopefully I get an easier DC tomorrow due to not having done today’s and yesterday’s.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Yeah, that’s today’s DC, Twisted. Went in with 3 birds. I tried to punt him out the top right with Silver, but it only knocked him out of view. I may try again.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Same DC from last week except it’s a 4-4-5 with this boss (reused my own screenshot):

Just like previously, round 3 is complete garbage and even with 1 less room it’s just annoying; lots of pigs spread out, a scuba pig in one room that changes spots each time, and sometimes pigs will somehow survive falls/getting crushed so they need to be finished off.

I’ve tried about 6 times with different extra birds and can’t get through round 3 without running low or out of birds by the boss room, and you need at least 3+ for it and the correct birds to break the boss’ starting platform. There’s zero chance I’m spending gems on a 4-4-5 when I rarely do it for a 4-5-6.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same DC for me with the same result. Not going to try again.

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

Had the same 4-4-5 challenge but was lucky enough to beat it on my second try.

KPP has another 3 water based bosses. Two easy ones and number three is this ugly level (picture shamelessly stolen from this thread)

Basically just a disguised blocked exit. Tried once and never again.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

4-4-5 which I could actually beat though naturally I had to restart a few tines. The 1st was on the last room of round 1 which had an unreachable pig than you can only reliably kill with Chuck:

The 2nd was in the boss room, which was this one (not my screenshot obviously):

I had Matilda and Bomb. The bottom portal sends birds flying over the boss so Bomb was wasted. Matilda was able to bomb the boss for some damage which knocked him down to the left and into the bottom portal, flying out the top portal and doing that over and over while slowly taking damage over time from hitting the floor and debris.

Of course while the boss was cycling through the portals and about to die, the continue screen pops up. The video option would’ve been perfect but I don’t have it so was forced to restart as there’s no way I’m spending gems for birds that I won’t even use as the boss would’ve died in another few trips.

Eventually got in with a lot more birds and finished him off with Silver:

KPP starts off with an annoying boss which is not only a pain to deal in general, but the boss can get stuck in an unreachable spot:

Or get wedged up in the opposite corner and be difficult to hit:

I made it past a few times and then either failed on the 2nd boss or the 3rd, both which are easy and I know I can beat with enough birds, I just need to get good runs. I will keep trying as for some reason the KPP timer is longer:

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Well I couldn’t do the KPP, that first boss just wouldn’t die even with consistently getting in with at least 6 birds. As there’s no exit you just have to pound the boss with birds and hope he doesn’t get stuck in either corner. I probably did about 10 attempts on that trash boss that I will most likely skip altogether next time.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same KPP and DC. Made it through the DC on the third try. Round 1 was just a royal pain.

Soon as I saw what the KPP first boss was, I knew it was hopeless. Tired it a few times and called it a day. The first two rooms just sucked up too many birds.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Today’s 4-4-5 ends with this no-exit version boss room:

You all know the deal here; there’s a hidden portal off-screen in the top right that sends the boss back to the top platform. The easier exit-version of this room doesn’t have that portal so all you need to do is get the boss to the top platform and push him onto the U-shaped slide.

A few attempts later and I beat it with Bubbles + Silver. Threw Bubbles behind the boss which shoved him to the right. Used Silver to boot him onto the slide, and she somehow managed to stick to the boss so he was taking constant damage. He lands on the top platform with critical health, thankfully the score meter had filled giving me Chuck which I used to finish him off.

KPP has all easy bosses, just round 3 has some obnoxious rooms that waste birds, such as this one:

A couple more retries and I beat it.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

That’s another DC to try once, collect enough apples to get the 15 gens for that feat, plus the ones for playing the DC, and call it a day.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Another 4-4-5 with this easy boss room:

Had it been a 4-5-6 I know I would’ve most likely had to restart a bunch of times to get in with enough birds. However, with 1 less rooms to deal with, I was able to get in with 3 and that was after using a few extra birds to finish off pigs.

Bubbles and Blues cleared the boss’ area, Matilda from filling the score meter pushed the boss into the flower and then I went and showered while the boss slowly died. As said before, this room is doable with only a few birds if everything goes right. KPP was super easy and also beaten on the 1st attempt, with a free rare chest on round 3.

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

Same boss with 4-5-6 for me. For the first time ever I was actually able to push the boss down the hole: I had three birds left while he was rolling up and down, so I wanted to hit him to speed everything up a bit. However using bomb actually somehow stopped him right before the abyss. A soft hit from Mathilda then pushed him down instead of into the flower again.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I know my DC would’ve gone back to 4-5-6 as it usually does after 3 days of 4-4-5 s. Checked ahead and found out that it ends with this classic blocked exit boss room, which is enough reason for me to skip this one.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

I’ve been checking here daily because I was getting the same 4-4-5 DC as you, Twisted. Looks like that’s over. I had another 4-4-5 today that ended in this:

I floated him up with Stella, then pushed him out with Chuck:

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Had the same DC as Steel. Never finished the KPP as room 2 is one that often takes more than 1 try and I simply ran out of time to keep trying.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Didn’t bother wasting any time on today’s DC as it would’ve been this boss at the end:

I had this one only a week ago as I posted about it on page 54; I didn’t beat it then and won’t bother with it this time either as I know what round 3’s rooms are like and they just drain your birds. Not worth the time to deal with that every attempt.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

If you are on the 4-4-5 DC track, then this is the final boss. Doable with 2 birds.

Easy KPP today, too.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same one as Steel again, thankfully.

Not sure how much longer my luck will last before I end up in DC hell again.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

You called it, Aggie. Back to 4-5-6 DCs. Today’s ended in this. I couldn’t finish this time. I will try and save Stella or Terrence for the boss room.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I’m glad I skipped the last 2 DCs and got back to the easier 4-4-5. That boss for the 4-5-6 you Steel got is doable but you need a good amount of birds just to be safe. I got this boss room:

Manged to somehow beat it with the 4 birds I had, and that was after an ok run that I definitely could’ve done better on. KPP was easy; most notably the 2nd boss which was this one:

Only this time I could actually beat it as I could get in with at least 5+ birds as opposed to 0-3 after in a 4-5-6. 3rd boss was also easy though the room before it was complete crap:

Took about 4-5 birds to clear depending on how debris fell, so naturally I had to retry the KPP a few times because of this room crippling my bird supply before the boss. I also wasted 60 gems on one attempt at the 3rd boss and lost out on a free chest, as the boss was right by the exit and of course I got worthless birds. Still, I managed to beat it in the end.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

My 2nd 4-4-5 with this boss room:

I only had 2 birds after a run that definitely could’ve been improved on. Still, I managed to get the boss down to low health using Red and Silver, and because I didn’t want to deal with this room over and over I bought extra birds and was able to finish him off.

I’ve normally hold off on spending gems on either the DC or KPP, though in this case I wanted to get it out of the way and snag the 2 arena tickets from the streak. Plus I got access to the KPP which as always was nothing too hard so that’s an extra chest plus some change.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Here is your 4-5-6 DC. Lots of micro pigs in rooms 1-4. Make sure you play the destruct-o-meter right to keep getting cards. I used Bomb for the 1st shot and saved Terrence for the 2nd shot. Big T pushes him almost to the exit, then any bird will take him out.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Looks like I had the same one as Steel.

I never made it past room 2 on round 3. A bad combination of available birds from the start, and two rooms which can suck up every bird you have just made it a no go today. While I know room 1 can be cleared with 2 birds, I only did it once and it takes massive amount of luck that everything works perfectly. Then room 2 takes 4-5 birds or more. If I didn’t have to use Terrance on room 1, I probably could have cleared it with 3.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

My 3rd and final 4-4-5 before it goes back to 4-5-6 (and I’ll most likely skip both to get the easier ones) with this boss room that I don’t think I’ve done before:

Ended up having to restart (which reset my streak but I don’t really care) and then beat it after getting in with 5 birds after a good run. I thought I’d have to pummel the boss with birds but everything went right, and he ended up falling off the left side of that middle platform (which I had cleared with Bomb beforehand) and down into an exit hole to his doom.

KPP was easy, just had to restart 1 time and ended up getting an extra chest after beating 3 easy bosses.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Normally there is a hole on the right side of the center platform, but this time they’ve closed it off.

I had the same DC today. Tired it a few times and only got to the final room with 1-2 birds. Not going to try it again.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,351 through 1,375 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.