Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,376 through 1,400 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

After 2 days of skipping the DCs I go back to a 4-4-5:

Managed to beat this one on my first attempt with 3 of the 4 birds I had, netting me the 2 arena tickets from the streak.

KPP was easy overall up until the 3rd round. I had mostly the exact same KPP that I had a month ago and posted about on page 51, only the 1st boss this time around was different (screenshot reused from my post on page 51):

2nd boss was this one (screenshot also reused):

I could get past the 1st and 2nd bosses consistently. However, just like last time, round 3 had a lot of annoying rooms. Some of them would take 4-5 birds if things didn’t go right, plus there were a few scuba pigs so you need to die from sinking debris or they will cost extra birds.

I got to the 3rd boss a few times but never with enough birds. It was this one (screenshot also reused):

Eventually I got in with 3 birds and then bought 3 more to push the boss out the exit and kept the extra chest I had picked up. Without the chest I would’ve just restarted.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same DC and KPP. Couldn’t beat round 3 due to every room sucking birds + scuba pigs. The final room takes a minimum of three birds with luck, and never made it with more than two.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

same DC (done in 1 attempt) and KPP (skipped because of 3rd stage with too less birds), meanwhile I had several 3-3-4 DC, probably due to consequent ignoring undoable settings… let’s see how long it takes until I get back 4-5-6 DCs… ;)

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Here is today’s 4-5-6 DC, borrowed from Twisted. I am typing this as the boss is being run up the hill again and again.

Gave up on the KPP. Usually easy, but the 2nd level has the blocked exit. Tried floating with Stella, punting with Silver, and launching with Bubbles. Nothing worked.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

That one is fine as long as you can get in with at least 3 birds. My 2nd 4-4-5 with this boss (forgot to take a screenshot so I here’s one I borrowed off of FB):

I failed on my 1st attempt which lost me my streak progress, though I don’t really care that much…the concept of beating each and every DC on your first attempt is outrageous, and with the 4-5-6 setup that you will eventually be on, that will not happen consistently without massive luck or gems being used.

I eventually beat it on my 2nd attempt after the boss somehow got pushed behind the slingshot by one of my birds going out one of the portals at the perfect time.

KPP has an very easy 1st boss:

And then for the 2nd boss you get hit with this blocked-exit room:

Even with perfect clearing of the rooms before and getting in with 8 birds, it’s virtually impossible. If the boss ends up on the bottom slide and goes into the corner (where the exit should be) it’s game over, as he can’t be reached due to the slide being very slow. Your only options is everyone’s favourite method: pummel him to death with birds, and do so without letting him get close to the bottom slide.

Even with 8 birds I can only ever get him down to around 25% health. I beat it once out of sheer luck after smashing the boss directly from his starting position with Silver, and she stuck to him while he went down the right slide and took away most of his health. I had another 5 or so birds to manage to finish him off.

Round 3 from the one time I got to it, is just recycled rooms from one of the DCs; it starts with this one (reusing my own screenshots):

We’ve seen this one before, and it would lead to this boss:

I may try a few more times later once I get some lives back but I really don’t see the point of trying to win against a blocked exit boss room. It just comes down to pure chance whether you can kill him with the birds you have and then restarting when you don’t, or if he ends up in the impossible corner.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I had a different DC, back to 4-5-6, but it wasn’t hard. The KPP was the same which is why I won’t try it a second time.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

My last 4-4-5. Took 3 attempts for this one:

You can one-shot the boss with Silver if you aim her correctly. I ended messing the shot up and then after having seen the room I switched to Hal for just in case I messed up again. Hal can also swoop round and one-shot the boss if timed right.

2 more attempts and I was back in with both Silver and Hal available. This time I messed up with Hal and only took out the boss’ platform, which actually makes it easier to slam him off with Silver. I landed the shot, slamming her down just to to the right of the boss. This sends him off the left side into the flower, and bounces off the balloons and down the pit to his doom:

Sayonara, piggy:

KPP had 3 easy boss rooms, though the 1st boss can get stuck in one of the 2 exits and be difficult to push down. There’s a worthless black hole that stops you from doing high shots to try and reach him:

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Had the same DC, and never beat it. Every attempt ended up with the boss landing in bad locations, once even right below the slingshot and not moving an inch. Matilda didn’t even budge him.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Had this fun room today in the DC.  Picture is from Lemon’s post on page 54.

Needless to say, the DC was a one and done.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Back to 4-4-5 today, but not winnable. I tried finding a picture of the room, but didn’t see one posted, and every time I try to take a screenshot with my phone, it is ruined by the pause screen appearing.

Anyway, the final room is a slime channel maze with 3 fire pigs. I’ve seen it before but not recently. While beatable, it takes multiple birds to get the boss pig down the hole, and the preceding rooms ensure that won’t happen. I made it there once with one bird and that was it.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

4-4-5 with this strange boss room that I don’t think I’ve ever seen before:

Took me about 5 attempts to beat this one. I couldn’t figure out what to do other than try and get the boss down to the bottom left corner, where there’s an exit blocked by junk aswell as a fan just above it that will blow the boss away. Plus lots of worthless floating structures with pigs that have no purpose other than to get in the way.

I had Chuck available each time I got it which I used to free the boss from the fan with a direct hit, as there’s a pointless structure blocking your path so Chuck seemed best to go through it. Several attempts later and I managed to get the boss down to the bottom corner and nudge him under the fan and to his doom.

KPP was pretty easy. Despite Leonard being boosted, I ended up switching to Stella after falling short a few times on the 3rd round and not making it to the boss with enough birds. That turned out to bee a good decision as the 3rd boss by coincidence was this blocked exit room, and she can float the boss out over the right side (which I did):

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

I had the same KPP. Got there a few times but couldn’t get Stella to float the boss out.

This is the DC final boss if you have the 4-5-6 DC:

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same DC and KPP as Lemon. Beat the DC on the first try, just pure luck. KPP took 2 as I didn’t have Stella on the boss room.

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

Being on vacation for a week and thus not playing the DC I found out the challenge can go as low as 1-1-2. With very easy boss rooms on top of that.

The next days it will be 2-2-3, slowly going up to 4-5-6 at some point. But I feel very confident to complete the DC streak for once.

KPP then again will always be the same difficulty.

For the first boss clear the exit first before hitting him, or e might wind up in an impossible spot. The second boss room was self-destructable for me. Foreman pig was down to 10% health before flinging any bird. Number three is the doable King Pig room Steel posted 2 posts above.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

4-4-5 with this easy boss room (forgot to take a screenshot so here’s a borrowed one):

Had to restart twice as round 3 had some strange pig placements, and in one of the last rooms a single pig got buried behind a wall of debris and took 2 extra birds to reach. Ended up eventually reaching the boss and beating him with the 3 birds I had in the screenshot, and got an extra chest for it.

Same KPP as Mzimoxs, first 2 bosses are easy with loads of birds. I changed to Hal for the 1st boss as you can push the boss down the left side which makes things easier, though that didn’t work out and he ended up going the intended route, though I still managed to beat him.

Same scenario as Mzimoxs with the 2nd boss; the room started auto-destructing before I had even thrown any birds so I was able to just finish off the boss with 2 direct hits.

3rd boss is the same one from Steel’s above post, only there’s an opening on the right side for whatever reason:

Luckily the boss kept cycling round the slides and taking damage when he landed on the platform and then going back onto the slides. It’s always good to have a few birds on standby in case he lands safely on that right platform, so you can push him back onto the slides, which happened once for me. Another extra chest with this one and no gems spent at all on anything.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Never got to the boss room. Room 1 and especially room 2 kept sucking up all my birds.

Just one of those days where I had the wrong birds for the rooms which meant I had to waste extra just to clear it, and the far right structure on room 2 ALWAYS resulted in a buried micropig unless I used Bomb.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

My 3rd 4-4-5 with this easy boss room:

I only had to restart once after messing up a few of the rooms in round 3. This boss room has no exit and is just a pummel-to-death deal. The boss doesn’t have a lot of health so you should be able to kill him with a few direct hits. Terrance wiped out most of his health and then I was able to finish him off with Silver from the meter filling and then Matilda bombing his head to end him.

KPP has an easy 1st boss:

2nd boss is a lot easier if you have Terrance (screenshot from my 1st attempt, later attempts I could beat it each time when I had Terrance):

3rd boss is the blocked exit version of this room:

The 1st time I got in was with no birds so I quickly grabbed a screenshot before restarting. As some will know there’s normally an exit between the 2 rooftops down at the bottom, but this version has that blocked off so the boss will usually end up down on or near where the exit should be:

I had 5 birds when I got in the 2nd time, and once you eventually manage to get the boss down from his starting perch (which is a chore in itself) then it will always end with the boss getting stuck down below and impossible to hit because of the 2 fans right under the slingshot.

I tried a few more times and it’s safe to say that this one is virtually impossible without immense luck, or if you know a secret strategy and can pull off an obscure trick shot and send the boss out the room. Regardless, I’m not going to waste any more time with this one.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same DC, but can’t get to the boss with any birds left.

Between the miner pigs in every room and the near immortal micro pigs, it’s just another day with no chance.

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

KPP 3: Considering I’ve beaten this level on the world map (with 6 rooms) it’s safe to say this level is certainly not impossible. ;)

Ill-designed, yes, since it’s impossible to win as soon as the boss falls down to the left. (Edit: Actually you could pummle him to death with birds by using the black hole. Which would probably be expensive…) You need to somehow stop him on the bottom middle ledge. The ice sticks usually stand up after popping the balloon below so they might do the trick. Of course this is highly luck dependent. But if you somehow manage to stop King Pig there, you just need to hit him with any bird from the left and he will fly away.

I only tried once, failed and called it a day.

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

Well, so much about my easy DCs. This is how my 2-3-4 ended today.

The three rooms before were already difficult but debris fell as I needed it to. And I was lucky with the boss as well. When he (inevitably) rolled to the right he was down to very low health and Mathilda could finish him off.

KPP 1 and 2 are easy, it ends with this boss.

I personally hate this boss, as I haven’t found a way to reliably kill him. Without luck Terrance usually does very little damage. But I had enough birds and managed to finish him off. I needed to fling them all, though.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I’ve had that DC boss before. It definitely helps that there’s only 3 rooms before and you can get in with lots of birds, as you’ll need them for when the boss ends up on the right side which happens most of the time.

My DC is back to 4-5-6 which means I’ll be skipping the next 2 days. I’ve instead resorted to just playing the first 2 rounds to collect the apples,  then farming for gifts that I can send to people, and also getting the gem reward for playing the DC. I got to round 3 and saw the 1st room and I think we all know it well enough to know what’s coming:

This would’ve been the boss (reusing one of my screenshots):

I can beat this boss with 2 birds and a lot of luck, though with it being 5 rooms before I know it would take a ton of attempts trying to get that perfect run where I can get in with at least 3 or more, and even then you need everything to go right.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I had the same DC as mzimoxs. Made it to the boss room a couple of times, but with just 1 or 2 birds. Wasn’t able to do anything with that.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Not sure why I bother with this game any more. This is room 5 in my 4-5-6 DC. Most of them were like this. It took 4 birds to clear.

Then I get rewarded with this disaster for the final boss.

Done for the day.

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

How did you play that room 5? I’m at 3-3-4 now, so I cannot verify that, but at first sight I’d say it’s a strike with Red: Aim for the bottom right balloon in the top left structure and trigger his ability just before hitting it.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

I threw Terrence at the center flower. Figured it would get the micropig in the basket, take out the tall structure and the floating micropigs on the right, then the debris would take out the right structure.

Terrence didn’t quite do all that. If I were to play again, I would use Red.

But that boss is nearly unbeatable, so that won’t be happening :D

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,376 through 1,400 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.