Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,401 through 1,425 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Bubbles can beat that boss, but you need another bird to clear the junk in the way so you can launch him into the flower.

When the board the king pig is on begins to tip to the right, about 45 degrees, activate Bubbles and he’ll launch the king pig up and off to the right.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

The DC was a pain, but finally beat it on the 5th try. The boss only needed Terrance and one other bird, in my case, Red, to send piggy down the hole.

Probably could have beaten the KPP if I had felt like it. Round 1 was simply, but Round 2 was just fly out annoying. Bad card order and 2 scuba pigs on every room just made it where I never had enough of the right birds to beat it. Had too many other things to do to keep wasting time on it.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

An easy 4-4-5 with a 1st attempt win:

KPP was also easy, all the bosses must have had less health as they took lots of damage from direct hits which makes things much easier. I had to restart just twice on round 3, some of the rooms took a lot of birds if you didn’t target specific structures, and there were a few pigs in awkward spots that forced you to take them out first with.

I also had several pigs survive being buried by structures so I had to restart as wasting 1-2 birds on getting to them isn’t going to happen. Eventually switched to Leonard which, for me at least, let me clear a couple of rooms with way less birds as I could slime several structures at once and make them fall. Eventually I got to the 3rd boss and beat it without much trouble.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same DC, but I can’t beat it. I make it to the last room, and every single time something goes wrong. The last attempt there was one little piece of stone blocking the pig from going away when the flower launched him. Instead he just kept being knocked back into the flowers, but slowly moving the stone more and more and more to the right. Finally, he didn’t roll back and I was out of birds. The previous time, a piece of debris slowed him down enough so he went into the water, but not far enough to be dragged away.

It just loses all enjoyment when the only way to win is luck. One should not have to rely on every piece of debris landing in just the right spot in order to win.

Edit: Took me another 7 tries, but I finally beat it, probably because the game went into mercy mode. It’s funny, I’ve seen that final room plenty of times, but today Murphy’s Law was 100% in effect.

The KPP took about 5 tries because the boss in the final round always seemed to survive and end up in a spot to avoid most of the debris flying around.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

2nd of my 3 easier 4-4-5s, with this boss:It took me a few attempts to get in with 5 birds as round 3 had a few rooms that took 3 birds, sometimes 4,  if you weren’t precise with your shots. Plus the usual awkwardly placed pigs that you can only take out with a very specifically-angled shot or with extreme luck with debris falling on it. If anyone has this DC then you’ll see what I mean. I ended up changing to Leonard and did a lot better, and was able to beat the boss with 4 birds.

KPP wasn’t anything too difficult as it often is. 3rd boss cost me gems on extra birds but it was only as I knew I could beat it with 1-2 birds an I wanted to secure the extra chest I had picked up.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Room 2 in round 3 was my demise on 12 attempts. That far right structure just would not fall, and if it did, the one pig on the bottom would survive and be covered in debris. Only Bomb would get him, and by that point, I would have already used him.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

My last 4-4-5, not too bad but it ended up being somewhat annoying. Round 3 was fine up until the last 2 rooms; room 3 could take 2 birds with luck though in most cases it took 3. The 4th room is a mess:

This one took 3 birds minimum and sometimes 4 due to the pigs being spread out in awkward spots. The two single pigs – the one in the bucket and the one underneath, are just here to make things difficult, and it doesn’t help that there’s rocks right next to them that you have to take out or they’ll block your next shots.

Eventually got a good run after about 7 or so attempts I got to this stupid boss room:

This room has little strategy and depends mostly on luck. For me the best method was throwing a disposable bird over the top building to destroy the balloon holding up the rocks. They then fall down and get bounced into the boss…at least that’s what you have to hope happens. If that works out right then the boss should take a good amount of damage from the rocks bouncing around and hitting him, leaving you to finish him off with your remaining birds. Took me a ton of attempts for that to work out but it did eventually.

KPP was easy. I ended up wasting gems on the 3rd boss and losing an extra chest. This was the room:

It’s usually easy, you knock the boss down into the right-side water and then boot him out the room to the right. Well I tried doing that, I used Blues to push him down, then threw Terrance under the water into the flower, which launches him under the boss and hits him. The boss of course flies up and hits the purple that’s conveniently placed in the air, which drops him back down into the water.

So I tried the same thing with Silver, and he of course hits the red balloon and goes back down down into the water. I bought extra birds as I had an extra chest and know that the boss was ready to be beaten. I got Leonard, Matilda and Blues. I figured Leonard would be enough to send the boss out the map, so I send him into the flower.

Since this game hates me, Leonard hit the boss and instead of sending him out the right side to his death, he instead sent him flying straight up into the sky. Of course, the boss didn’t die as you’d expect when he gets launched into orbit, and instead he ended up coming back down and landed in the left-side water under the slingshot, like this:

You’d figure I’d be able to finish him off with Blues and Matilda, right? Nope. Blues was worthless and did no damage, and Matilda dropped his health to basically zero where the boss was still alive but his health bar was completely empty with no red it it. So there goes 60 gems and an extra chest on a stupid scenario that shouldn’t happen. I beat it on the next attempt at least.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Back to 4-5-6 and it’s yet another one that I have no chance to win.

Round 3 sucks birds with plenty of miner, magician, and wrench throwing pigs. Room 5 has a pig on a far away balloon. Unless luck happens with debris, only Chuck or Matilda can hit him.

Never made it past room 5.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

I don’t think I’ve finished a DC in days.

Here is the 4-5-6-blocked-exit-nightmare-boss-du-jour.

Might be time to walk away from this game.

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

If you didn’t complete a DC in days you wouldn’t still be at 4-5-6. ;)

Fun fact: This boss level on the world map (level 1846) has even 7 rooms!

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

@Mzimoxs – yes, it also can be done with 7 rooms, but all levels have different versions concerning difficulty and I feel the same like Steel City. It’s almost impossible to win DC since days, even if the last room is doable in principle, you never have enough birds to finish without gems. Of course this is Rovio’s intention.

Meanwhile I play DC only 2-3 times a week if I get 4-4-5 rooms or less. The moment I win the game once, it is changing to 4-5-6 on the next day. Then I stop, wait 3 days, until the games is easier again. And then the madness of 4-5-6 and never having enough birds or blocked exits starts again. It was definitely easier in former times and it is not fun anymore. I simply don’t like it as a cash game.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

@mzimoxs I don’t know if that is the case. Not sure what you guys play on, but I’m on iPad. It seems I get a week of 4-4-5 (even 2-3-4) every time there is an update, then back to 4-5-6.

Maybe I’ll quit for a few days and see what happens :D

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

I’m on iPad too. Don’t think it has anything to do with updates, maybe pure coincidence. I guess it’s just simple- the more you win the harder it gets… sometimes you can keep 3-4-4 or 3-4-5 for some days, but if you win too often you will get very quickly 4-5-6 in undoable version. Maybe it also has to do with the streak, it should convince you to spend gems to proceed… I never had a chance to win DC for a whole week, my streak always ends after max 3 days, because I don’t give gems for the DC, even if I could, it’s simply not fun.

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

@schweinvogel Oh, I did not want to defend the DC difficulty. This level is insane even if it has only three rooms in KPP.

The boss levels get actually a lot easier starting around level 2000. Unfortunately those never appear in DC/KPP.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I had the same DC as Steel, but it was 4-4-5. One attempt and done.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Here is the boss room for today’s 4-5-6 DC. Since I beat it, I guess I’ll be stuck in the 4-5-6 rut. KPP was pretty easy; need a little luck on the last boss. Forgot a screenshot.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I’ve not been playing for a few days as my PC stopped working (I play on an emulator for those who don’t know), which doesn’t matter too much as the DC difficulty was at 4-5-6. I’ve since managed to borrow a tablet and can now continue playing. Turns out my DC today was still at 4-5-6 so I didn’t bother playing it other than to collect some apples.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Not sure if I can beat my 4-4-5 DC today without tons of retries. Most of the rooms in round 3 take at least 3 birds…in one attempt I had to use 5 birds on one room as pigs wouldn’t die and were buried by debris and somehow survived. I made it to the boss room and it’s this one:

It’s not that hard of a room; there’s an obvious exit but getting the boss through that small gap is tricky. You have to somehow clear the top ledge of debris and rocks or the boss will just get stuck up there and be impossible to move any further due to stuff blocking him:

I’ll likely try again a few more times but I honestly don’t see this one being doable without some luck and a good amount of patience.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

I totally agree TwistedLemon – had the same disaster DC, unfortunately I wasted 60 gems, thinking I could push the boss through… of course it did not work. After that I gave up. It’s really annoying meanwhile…

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

Clearing this exit is close to impossible. The best way to beat this level is by pushing King Pig out of the water with Stella or Silver.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I tried a few more times and nope, it’s pretty much impossible. I tried all extra birds to see if that would make things any different but it didn’t. That boss room is poorly designed and not worth the time to get to it.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same DC except it is 3-3-4 because I haven’t been able to beat one in a long time.

Still can’t beat this one. Tried it 6 times and gave up. Even the first two rounds are a pain, especially room 1 in round 1. There is 1 micropig that never, ever dies and takes countless birds to finally kill.

If I could get that large boulder to move out of the exit, I could bet it, but alas, it never goes away. Bomb can’t destroy it and Stella never floats it away.

It is not worth the level of frustration it causes to keep trying.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

I was lucky today, no gems wasted, but took me 5 attempts for DC and 3 for first level KPP… this setting is such a pain, even with lots of birds.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

2nd 4-4-5 DC with an annoying round 3. Most of the rooms took me 3 birds which is typical and expected. The boss room was this one:

This one is just deliberately designed to be annoying as both trampolines that you need to reach the boss with are blocked with crap. You need to use at least 2 birds minimum to clear them both and if you leave one plank on either trampoline, they will just stop your birds.

I ended up wasting gems on one attempt and losing an extra chest which was frustrating. Eventually after 7 or so attempts I finally managed to get in with a good amount of birds and beat it, while also keeping the extra chest this time.

KPP immediately starts off almost impossible with this classic blocked exit version boss room:

Same as usual, this room requires massive luck, and if the boss ends up down in the bottom section, which is pretty much one inevitable, you won’t be able to hit him. I got past once and the 2nd boss is way more reasonable. If you can’t somehow pass this 1st boss then you may be able to finish the KPP.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Had the same DC as Lemon, but because of my very long streak of not being able to beat the DC, this one was 2-3-4. Got lucky that the boss fell down the hole on the first attempt, because even with only 3 preceding rooms, I didn’t have a ton of birds left. Thankfully Terrance not only cleared the wood on the second trampoline, but he also knocked the boss down who fell just right and down the hole.

On the KPP, had to try the first room a few times. I figured I might get lucky and the boss would go flying off to the left which does happen on occasion. Alas, he went down to the bottom as expected, but I was able to do a lot of damage to him with Terrance and he stopped right below the gap so I was able to hit him with Matilda, and then angle Bomb up and over the fans and down the hole to kill him. Thankfully they didn’t give the boss a ton of health. Round 2 was easy, but Round 3’s boss is annoying. Make sure you have Silver on the final room as that is the easiest way to dislodge the boss from his perch. Other than where the boss it, it is a straight forward room, drop him down a hole and I think Stella might be able to float him off to the right as well, but I didn’t have her by that point and he fell down the hole on his own.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,401 through 1,425 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.