Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 576 through 600 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

DC was easy, and the first two rounds of the KPP were not overly difficult.

However, the final king pig room was not. Requires dropping debris on the pig, and inevitably, the first bird you use will get blown by fans into the TNT crates, and destroys all of the possible pig killing material while the king pig floats around or gets jammed up. Birds just don’t do enough damage alone, even the heavy hitters.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

DC today was a cakewalk. The KPP was a little harder, but easily winnable. Made it through on my second try, after I completely bungled the first room on round 1. King Pig 2’s room is not the easiest, but not a gem sucker by any means. Just try to keep Bomb, Terrance, and Stella if possible for that round.

Buster
    @doulgas

I got stuck on KPP level 2 despite having plenty of good birds left. KP wedged himself on the upper ledge and no amount of birds was going to knock him out of there. another try I could have avoided it but was bored by then.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

DC is a gem sucker.

momokokou2
    @momokokou2

Yep. You said it. Not gonna pursue that after having tried several times! Got the same feedback from some Clan mates.

Buster
    @doulgas

Same here. I collected a few apples and my thanks-for-playing gems.

chrispdog
    @chrispdog

i sometimes find, coming back later, like with 1 hr left in event, that the rooms have changed and it gets a little easier. not always, but sometimes.

Buzzeeee
    @buzzeeee

Gem sucker yesterday, gem sucker today, and probably gem sucker tomorrow.  Won’t play ‘em.  Knock it off, Rovio:  not a single gem for you unless you play fair.

Buster
    @doulgas

If memory serves, you used to get into pity mode after about 3 tries. Fewer obstacles, more vulnerable pigs, golden pigs, etc. If you were willing to put in the time, you could almost always complete DC. And I definitely think the frequency of gem-sucking , no-way-out KP rooms has increased dramatically.

momokokou2
    @momokokou2

@douglas so far Ive tried more than three times and there ain’t no pity or golden pigs for me, lol! That is not to say that you are wrong necessarily though. That does happen for me in the maps area but after way more than three attempts. I know that players will often get different DC and KPP challenges with different amounts of rooms in the sequence for the day. Rovio will also track what you will tolerate and what your willing to spend on the challenges in order to finish. Certain days defintely are easier than others. Some days I breeze through and some of my Clan mates can’t and vice versa.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

Some of the DC are rigged, while some are just hard. I recommend not to try a second time with those 6 room boss level with a difficult boss room.

Yesterday’s DC is easy, a water level with the Chef Pig in the middle. I failed the first time with the boss having a tiny slit of HP left, I tried a second time, it is usually even worse, I couldn’t reach the boss room. I didn’t have the mood and time to try a third time. If I tried the third time, it can usually be completed. Most of the DC could be completed within the third run if it is not the rigged type.

I guess they just mess with the parameters to make you lose or win, as the margin between winning and losing is small, even a slight change at the birds and objects strength or the pig’s health is decisive, but that change is not as obvious as the Arena opponent’s score increased exponentially, just to a point that where you need 1.1 to 1.2 birds to surpass him/her. Therefore the video is not enough. IMO the score maybe adjust real-time in some matches.

Buster
    @doulgas

@momokokou2, to be clear, I was talking about the good old days. I haven’t encountered pity mode in DC for a while. I don’t play the map much these days. I may go back to it though, as I’m getting a little bored with the arena.

Anyway, today (Wed) was a rare 3-3-4 in DC. Pretty easy, although the KP room takes some good shooting to clear the obstacles on the bottom right to give the KP a path to exit. Or you can pound him to death, as I did.

KPP not hard either, though the final KP room is one of those multiple fan setups, where you just fire away and hope for the best.

momokokou2
    @momokokou2

@douglas Hey Buster! Thanks for clarifying. I didn’t understand that you were talking about the good old days! I had a 4-4-5 today myself. The first two levels were quite easy but the third level was a bonifide pain. After multiple tries and survivor scuba piggies in really tough locations, I stopped trying. The rewards aren’t that tremendous for the DC, it’s the KPP that is a greater reward. Oh well, I have played long enough to know that there will be days like this. Sometimes I am inclined to pay 60 gems for the very last room but lately, I have just walked away. Have fun flinging!

grammyK
    @grammyk

Horribly hard the last couple of days .

Buster
    @doulgas

You may not like today’s either.

Buster
    @doulgas

Saturday’s DC is a walk in the park. A rare 2-3-4. First try, no gems, and that was after wasting 3 birds killing off a submarine pig early in the KP round.

KPP was going well until the final room, which turned into a gem trap when I couldn’t budge him from the ledge with available birds.

grammyK
    @grammyk

Yup, couldn’t do friday’s. But Saturday definitely easy daily. KPP took me the whole hour and all 5 lives to finish it with only 60 gems in the last room. KPP is my second favorite part of the game (arena is #1)

Wings
    @arjrick

Lucky @douglas & @grammyK.  I have 4-4-5 for Saturday DC and very difficult KP level.  KP – Each room has multiple (at least 3) structures and floating pigs and teleproting pigs.  I cannot even finish room 2 in the KP level of Saturday DC. It has been zero for DC wins this week since Monday. Time to give up on the game I guess – what with it getting so hard and no videos anymore for me.

grammyK
    @grammyk

@arjrick I hear your frustration. Since this game came out I have started and quit a number of time so maybe have played a total of 6 months out of the 4 years. I do spend money (this time) only for the 70 gems daily letter thing and I probably would spend more if I had more. It sounds like you are getting a different KP level in the DC. Are you able to post a print screen? I will start posting a print screen tomorrow. I will be truly disgusted if different players get different DC on the same day.

Buster
    @doulgas

@grammyk, it is almost certain from many previous posts that not everyone gets the same DC/KPP. Whether it’s different depending on your firepower, geography, $$$ spending, or what I have no idea.

grammyK
    @grammyk

@doulgas Thanks for reply. Of all the goofy/ridiculous things about this game that ranks high. It only makes sense if it is a time zone thing imo. But we were both talking about “Saturday”. But possibly the daily stuff rolls over at the same moment world wide although the countdown timer of playtime seems to start when I log in each morning.

This makes me wonder – what if we are playing different mighty eagles or different clan battles on the “same” day!

Very confusing.

Buster
    @doulgas

Alternate universes? Who knows in the twilight zone that is rovio?

Anyway, Sunday (USA mountain time) gave me another relatively easy DC, 3-3-4 as I recall. No gems or do-overs required. It was very helpful to have terence, bomb, silver & matilda in the last room.

KPP was sailing along until the final room, which I have seen before many times. The trick here is to send KP to the bottom first, then unleash all the heavy debris to fall on him. Most of the time that will do it, but not today. All those rocks produced barely a band-aid and I couldn’t finish him off with the 5 birds I had, including the video freebie. 60 gems might have done the trick but only if they were the right birds, so I didn’t give him the satisfaction and quit.

grammyK
    @grammyk

Today’s king of DC. Defeated after multiple tries with 4 birds left after some crazy lucky results off my shots in the first 3 levels.

Do not know how to put in print screen on iOS. Got some more reading to do, groan.

Buster
    @doulgas

Managed to sail through Monday’s DC & KPP without gems. It did take two tries on the DC because I was slow to figure out that I was wasting too many birds in the wrong tunnel. Clear the debris from the higher tunnel, then send the KP through the lower tunnel.

grammyK
    @grammyk

Took me a few more tries than Buster and 60 gems on the last KPP but they were really fun levels today.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 576 through 600 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.