Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

^^
    This screen took me 3 birds today.

1- Knocked KP off the ledge with a Terrence which threw him into the position pictured above (Terrence also followed him into the plant which shot him out to move the KP further towards the middle).
    2- Busted up the structures on the lower left with Bomb.
    3- ****Threw Hal over the hill into the upper right flower, which shot him to the lower one and then towards the KP…. then activated his arc right under the upside-down flower, which made him hit KP and then go into the upside-down flower.. and to my surprise, the flower kept spitting him out and hitting the KP, then rebounding back into the flower, hitting the KP, rebounding back in, etc etc etc until KP was defeated.   That removed 3/4 of the KP life….  I guess Hal is a pretty robust bird…

SB311
    @sb311

I wondered about that upside down flower, but other than stella floating up there, I couldn’t get any other birds to get in there.

Were you able to get through the other two levels of your KPP?

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@sb11  Yup, I had to pay gems to clear the last one though… same old scenario, sliver of health left on KP, no birds left, Rovio’s AI put me right where it wanted me…

..although I saw it coming, because at one point I decked the KP DIRECTLY with a Terrence off the slingshot and it barely took a smidgen off his health >:-(

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

You can strike the room if you still have Stella.

If you don’t have Stella, the only way is to get the Chef to the left spot where the snow throwing pig is located by Blues or Chuck, you can use Silver to bounce him off the screen to the left.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

@sb311, it is possible to float that pig off the screen. You have to have Stella hit him on the lower left, right above the stone he is sitting on, activating just before impact. If he floats the right way, he will go bye-bye, but it might take more than one attempt.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Today, again, was a walk in the park.
    But I had something funny in the DC: I had no rooms actually, I only had a score goal – at least it looked like it. Only the Boss stage had two rooms that were indicated by those “balls”.

…and for the first time, today I saw those “damage numbers” for every bird. Highly irritating and completely useless.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@jo-ha, I had 2-2-3 DC which was easy and both rooms in two first levels had a golden pig in them!

KPP on the other hand, was different kind of weird. Disaster always seemed to loom close, but despite of “wasting” a bird in last level to get Rare Chest just before last pig popped, it was actually just easy enough to finish KPP in one go without too much trouble.

Now… if only I would see better rewards from chests…

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

The whole thing for me today was acting very strange…  game stuttering A LOT (making shots difficult to time), birds not activating even after tapping 2x and 3x, odd behaviour from chain reactions (structures disintegrating but leaving a sole TNT box sitting alone, HTF did that happen), pigs flying around the screen and not popping, then landing intact, and suddenly popping seconds later, explosive temper pigs getting decked 3 and 4 times then finally exploding… it was almost like the game AI was trying to do something in the background as I was playing it.

@jo-ha…and for the first time, today I saw those “damage numbers” for every bird. Highly irritating and completely useless.

Agreed, and the only place we don’t get this is where we really want to see it, AKA the Arena, that way I could call Rovio out when I see my opponent score 20,000,000 pts off a single bird when there is only one structure in the middle of the room! Because points in this game are completely useless except when you’re ‘playing’ another user.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

@djlarryt you might try rebooting your phone. Also, the phone might have been doing something in the background. I’ve had that happen a few times and the game just lags to death.

As for today’s DC/KPP, got through both on the first try, albeit it with a little luck. If piggy had rolled just a bit more, or less, depending on the level, would have lost.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Today was the same kind of weird again – only one room for the first two stages of DC. ….and those damage numbers, ough…!

I wonder what that new concept is: do we have to reach a certain amount of points before progressing to the next stage? If that’s the case, low FP players will have a terrible time playing the DC.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

@jo-ha

Sometimes when I played the DC late at night, things become weird, for example, Chuck showed up in the Matilda’s Mayhem, and the feathers awarded were yellow?  But all the background was showing Matilda. And in the next morning, when I played the real Matilda’s Mayhem, the same set of stages appeared again for DC and KPP.

Maybe the update of stages are not done together with the rewards? The rewards were probably updated at Finnish time at midnight 00:00. The stages maybe updated according to local time of the player. The stage may become different between two attempts or even during the same attempt if you play at 23:58 and passed the first level after 0:00, then the level 2 will become the tomorrow one.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Today’s DC… total gem sucker: fireman pig sitting right below KP perch, only birds that can get far enough are Chuck and Mathilda, then fp just zaps them.

If you do manage to dislodge the KP, he just falls onto the floor (where there used to be a hole in the campaign levels). I went in with a full arsenal or birds and didn’t even get his lifebar halfway down.

One try and I quit. Short day in AB2 for me because that is just NOT fun.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Rovio sure has made it very hard to even compare the game experiences between users, because the game is so different for many players. I’m puzzled about who was the airhead at Rovio, deciding that disrupting the communal experience was good for the game.

Joe B.
    @joeb

I had a similar experience today and made the mistake of paying 60 gems to try and finish hammering the boss. They gave me the least powerful 3 birds including blues and barely dropped his life meter. He only had less than a quarter life left and 3 birds did nothing. I stared wth disbelief it would’ve taken at least 2 more purchases to kill him with those birds.

I had direct hits with terrace, bomb etc previously as he was right in range of the slingshot…total gem grab. I didn’t even try a 2nd attempt at the DC.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same DC for me. Tried it once and that was it. Not going to waste time or gems on one which is completely rigged to steal gems.

SB311
    @sb311

I had to pay 60 gems each to beat the DC and the KPP today, but I received an extra rare chest for each so I thought it was worth it.

This was my KPP today:

I was lucky on the second level because the boss pig kept going around and around and kept hitting everything, depleting it’s life.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@sb311, my DC was different, but KPP was the same. Althought… for me, it was yesterday. So it’s not just different levels, but different timezones and playing times making comparisons and helping others difficult, too.

Edit: Today I had that DC of yours, but KPP was completely different. :D

Your pictures remind me that I have to check if I can install Samsung Game Tools to my tablet, after it gracefully still received OS update. Otherwise, taking screenshots it PITA and don’t always seem to work.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

@sb311

I didn’t get that DC at all, but the KPP you posted were same as my Friday ones, for Saturday, I got these ones, I think you will get these soon.

Sat DC

KPP level 2

KPP Level 3

Beware of level 2, but at least this time it’s the one with an exit. I forgot to take a screenshot of level one, but that was a trivial one with bamboo portals.

Buster
    @doulgas

I guess that explains some of the differences. I’m in the mountain time zone and DC is only available in the morning or it goes away for the day. I play on an android and I suppose other platforms would deliver slightly different experiences.

The past few days I’ve been getting a video option on the KPP. Never had that before. The free card has so far always been something of no help whatsoever, but still.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

@Buster

Same here, I play the game on iOS. They suddenly offered me the chance to watch a video for a fee bird in KPP, for the first time in forever. Actually I won level 2 because of that card, but most of the time if it is a gem grab stage with a closed exit, one card is not enough.

SB311
    @sb311

@angrybirdspoop, those are the bosses I had today too. I kept messing up on level 2 and then I miss fired two birds on the third level, but I didn’t have time to play all over again so I paid 60 gems. Got a couple three spell cards which I needed. Hope tomorrow is the same.

Buster
    @doulgas

Today’s DC is a waterfall. I have a really bad track record on those, so I give up pretty quickly unless there’s an obvious solution.

SB311
    @sb311

My DC was the same waterfall level as the KPP level 2 yesterday, which hasn’t happened before now. Also, one of the rooms in the KPP level 1 or 2 didn’t have any structures and just continued forward. Very strange. I had to pay 60 gems to finish the DC because I miss shot another bird. I need to slow down a bit. lol

I couldn’t beat KPP and wasted 60 gems because I had a chance at a second rare chest but I entered level three with only one bird, silver and I should have just given up.

For some reason, I mixed up the tunnel colors and thought the boss pig would drop down and out, but that was not the case. Not sure how you can get the pig up through the pink portal. Stella or a hit by Terrence? I have no idea.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@sb311, I have mixed feelings about the room you pictured. In main account the pig got popped while still being up there. The breakable floor under it was so strong it never broke! In FTP account the floor game away before first bird got there by the pink wormhole. The pig itself shrugged away so much punishment that I ended up (very cautiously!) buying 3 cards and even with those I barely managed to win.

Weird things have been happening with the game lately. Well, more than usually. The only good thing was skipping one room in DC, because the game never put any pigs there in first place.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

@sb311

If you shoot Terence right through the pink portal, he can usually smash everything and push the Chef through the blue portal and hit him again on the left. 90% of the Chef’s HP would be gone and one more bird is required to finish him off.

The main difficulty is how to save Terence for the last room. The rooms before in this level are usually very hard. I got Terence and one more bird this time, just enough to beat the stage. Normally it won’t be that lucky.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.