Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,501 through 1,525 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same DC and KPP. Went ahead and spent gems on both since I had the 24 hour FF from finishing the Chocolate Hat adventure. Between that and having the rainbow rave for a few hours, I leveled up two birds.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

3-3-4 with an easy boss:

Cleared the structure on the right with Bomb, Matilda knocked the boss down and he landed on the middle platform, Terrance smashes him out the right side.

KPP was nothing too hard. 1st boss I had to restart 2 times on as nudging him down the exit without him rolling into the flower to the left and being spat back up to the ledge to the right is a bit of a task:

2nd boss was simple:

3rd boss I  spent gems on and was able to shove him down the hole to his doom and secure the extra chest I had picked up:

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

It is not just the daily challenges, its all the king pig levels. I’m in the 900 series now, and even the you tube videos are slightly different (easier) than what i am seeing.  By the time I get to the king pig level, I am lucky to have 2 birds. You need 3 or 4 to finish them.

I have had big red do a direct hit on the king pigs head and do just 1/10th damage.
    I have micro pigs ending up in impossible locations when they should have died.
    Using 3-4 birds per room after the first one.
    I am on map 960 something.. 6 rooms to get to king pig. 3 out of 5 tries I arrive with no birds. |

And, while I am whining. Apples.. Seem only to appear at a specific time frame within the day.

Clan server constantly crashing between 8 and 10 pm Eastern (US) Time zone.

About ready to walk away from this.  And yes, I buy gems. But it is fast becoming not worth the effort just to throw them away.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Red is a low power bird when it comes to hurting a boss pig. He’s good for pushing the pig around.

Terrance, Matilda’s egg, Silver, and Bomb are the heavy hitters.

Of course, there are some levels where even all of them do virtually no damage.

On those either the boss has to be dropped down a hole, knocked off the screen, or floated off the screen by Stella. If there is no way to remove the pig, and he takes no damage, then you either pay gems, or give up for the day.

And here is a hint, never, ever buy gems, and only use them in the DC/KPP if spending 60 and only 60 is a 100% certainty that you will beat it. And on the KPP, only spend 60 gems on the final boss, again, if it is a certainty you will beat it. Doing it on bosses one and two is a risk that is just not worth it.

maverick
    @maverick78

MY advice to all players would be to never under any circumstances spend gems on the dc/kpp challenge.  NEVER DO IT!!!   If you waste gems you will be forced to play much more difficult levels than others, who don’t spend  gems on dc/kpp.  I have never spent a single gem and my dc is almost always 2/2/3 level format.  I can usually beat this much easier dc in one or two attempts.  When you start spending gems your dc’s levels will increase to 4/4/5 and are much more difficult.  If you spend real money on this game, Rovio is going to screw you out of free video adds and the difficulty of your dc/kpp will greatly increase.

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

This has nothing to do with spending gems, it’s all about completion. The DC pattern is 1-1-2, 2-2-3, 2-3-4, 2-3-4, 3-3-4, 3-4-5, 4-4-5, 4-5-6. Succesfully completing the DC will turn you up one step, failing the DC (sometimes more than once in a row) will bring you down one step.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Mzimoxs is correct. When I was unable to play for ~2 weeks after my previous phone self destructed, my first day back the DC was 2-2-3. After a few weeks, it was back to 4-5-6 because I was finishing all of them except for when one of the gem sucker rounds appeared like today.

On that note, I’m still stuck in 4-5-6 hell and this was the boss room today.  One and done.  Not even going to try a second time.

Picture borrowed from Lemon on page 55.

maverick
    @maverick78

I have never had a 1 room level in dc, and have won it multiple days in a row many, many times and the levels did not increase in difficulty like your describing, Mzimoxs.  Rovio admits openly that some players get advantages throughout the game  and others don’t, under the guise they are making tweaks and improvements, when in reality they are trying to determine what will make you spend money and gems.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

I gotta agree with Maverick. Been stuck in 980 for 2 weeks. Its a gem sucker. No matter what I do, I end up with 1, and if I am lucky, 2 going into final king pig room.  Usually it goes 3 1 2 4 1   Done.. unless you want to spend 60 then 180 gems, and not sure if that will be enough.

At the point where I gotta decide. Continue trying or is it time to walk away from this game? Seems last 10 KP maps have been gem eaters.

Also trying to collect 2k apples for final hatchling upgrade. Taking forever getting only 2 or 3 apples a day, and they appear to be available only at specific times of the day.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I haven’t been doing the DC’s for the past few days as I have been busy moving to a new place so the next few will be super easy which will be nice.

Aggie, that boss room is a complete waste of time as it’s the blocked exit version. I had the exit version 2 weeks ago and that one is actually possible; here’s my picture from page 60:

The blocked exit version is 100% impossible without massive gem spending, and forget getting in with loads of birds if it’s a 4-5-6, as the best you’ll enter with is 3 or maybe 4 after a perfect run.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Figured I’d go ahead and do the DC which was a 2-2-3 so I obviously crushed it on my first try:

KPP was a dead end for me. 1st boss was simple:

2nd boss was this nightmare:

This one has no visible exit, there’s no heavy debris (e.g rocks) to use against the boss, and the boss has lots of health so you can’t pummel him to death with birds. Plus he can get stuck in various spots (marked by Xs):

If he ends up in any of these spots you may aswell restart, or in my case quit, which I did after 2 attempts.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Different DC for me, probably because it is still 4-5-6, but it was beatable.

Same KPP. Beat round 2 with around 20 attempts, but I didn’t have much else to do at work. I’m one of only a handful in the office right now, so beyond keeping my chair warm, I don’t have much to do most of the day.

Basically beating it is pure luck. You need all of your heavy hitters, nearly all of the debris to fall on the pig along with him hitting the TNT (nothing else can hit the structures until he is underneath and in the right location) and then you have to be able to pound him to death. Shooting Terrance up (using the fan to the left) will have him pushed down with some good velocity by the fans at the top. A direct hit on the boss will do a fair amount of damage. Even after everything going perfect, the boss was left with a tiny bit of health and I had no more birds. What finally killed him was Terrance bouncing off a wall for a second strike after hitting him, and that was just enough.

Round 3 was a crappy bird sucker. Beatable with enough birds, but I got there with just Stella and then earned Chuck, but it wasn’t enough. Wasn’t going to try it again since round 2 would have taken another 20 tries and even with the FF running, I wasn’t very confident that 3 more birds would be enough so wasn’t going to spend gems.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Today’s 2-3-4 with this boss, 1st attempt beaten:

I didn’t expect to beat this one with the 4 birds I had but I did. KPP wasn’t too bad. 1st boss was fairly easy though I had to restart 2 times as the boss refused to go up into the top right blue portal, and on one attempt he somehow landed safely just underneath it:

2nd boss was this familiar room from the 4-5-6 DC setup:

Only now it’s actually doable as you can get in with more than enough birds; the boss ended up flying around the room constantly taking damage and eventually died. 3rd boss was easy:

I only had 2 birds (+1 from filling the meter) but was able to beat it as the boss had low health, and direct hit from Terrance sending both of them into the right slide loop which dropped the boss’ health massively. Got an extra rare chest which is always nice.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same DC for me, but still 4-5-6 so only could get to the boss with 1 bird left. Tried a couple of times and called it a day.

Glad I didn’t waste time because I rarely ever beat the boss that was in KPP round 2.

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

Yeah that second boss is a gamble. Sometimes you need to throw a gazillion birds at him, sometime it’s a strike. He is immediately defeated when he lands left from the slingshot.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Still in 4-5-6 hell. Barely made it through round 2, and round 3 was pure bird sucker. Every room needed 3 birds, so none left by room 5. Not even going to try a second time.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Best thing is just to skip 2-3 days of DCs and do the easier ones. Having put up with the 4-5-6 for so long in the past, it’s refreshing to not have to do them anymore. The chance of beating any of them is so low as round 3 is always a 3+ bird/room nightmare making it almost impossible to get to the boss with enough birds.

Another 2-3-4 today with this easy boss:

Lots of birds made it easy and the boss ended up dying slowly from damage to rocks that stuck to him while he flew in and out the purple portals. If that didn’t happen I would’ve been able to kill him with Silver and Matilda’s special attacks plus whatever other birds I had in reserve.

KPP was easy overall. 1st and 2nd bosses were pretty much the same and I could beat them with 1-2 birds:

3rd boss was a pain in general:

This one’s annoying as you have to clear the bottom trampoline completely (any balloons left over will get in the way) and the snowball pig is just a complete nuisance as he always seems to hit your birds, who in turn you have to bounce between the two closest trampolines to reach the boss.

Eventually I beat it out of luck by getting one of my birds to slip past the stupid snowball pig and knocked the boss down, who conveniently fell down and rolled all the way down towards the pit and then falling down.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

I am doing the daily challenge only for the gems.. I just launch the birds in any direction.. then go collect 10 gems.
    Same with the  arena.. not even trying anymore. keep getting matched up with people with 4 to 5 times more power level birds.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Birdbrained I do that sometimes , you just need to have the 1st room loaded up and you can quit immediately and get the gems. Sometimes I’ll collect the apples and a few gifts to send to friends. Usually I do these things when I’m going to be skipping the DC so that the difficulty can drop; you may aswell just get the gems from the daily quest and the apples and gifts are an extra thing if you have time to waste playing for them.

3-3-4 DC with this boss:

Ended up failing a few times even with lots of birds. I used Leonard as he helped on the rooms before the boss, and eventually I ended up beating it after about 5 attempts. I was also able to collect all the apples and send out a few gifts so it wasn’t too bad.

I can’t beat the KPP and can’t be bothered trying anymore. 1st boss is easy (mainly as it’s the exit version of this room):

2nd boss is difficult, even with lots of birds:

This room has 2 versions from what I remember, and both are equally luck-dependant and tedious. I kept failing even after getting in with a varying amount of 5-7 birds on each attempt, and the times I beat it were heavily reliant on luck.

The 3rd boss I only got to a few times in my many attempts:

The boss has lots of health and is very hard to reach with birds. It’s clear that you’re meant to use the fan path below the slingshot to send birds into the boss but I can never work out the right angle; every time my birds just slam into the wall or roof on the right as they’re curving up to hit the boss.

Getting this far was hard and I doubt it’s a coincidence given that there happens to be a Black Pearl Party active. I’ve not come close enough to damaging the boss enough to where I’d consider spending gems to finish him off knowing that I can do so with the 3 birds I get. Honestly I don’t care enough to keep trying.

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

I found boss 3 to be quite easy. At least after that obnoxious second boss level.

The boss has not a lot of health. I don’t think there is a way to send your birds from below without them hitting the wall. Terrence still does an excellent job, he doesn’t care about the wall. So save him and use Red or Chuck/Blues/Bomb to bring down the rocks from above and that’s usually it. Otherwise Mathilda or Silver finish him off from above.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Mzimoxs I got direct hits on him with Terrence and Silver using the top fans and he barely lost any health. I’m glad I stopped trying on that one.

3-3-4 with this boss:

Managed to beat it without any issues mainly due to having a good amount of birds. KPP was once again much harder than normal, which is very obvious given the BPP that’s still active. 1st boss was very hard and took me a ton of attempts, even with lots of birds:

This room is the alternate version of this room, with the top right ledge being smaller/tighter with rocks there which will block the boss from going over the edge unless you’re able to get rid of them before the boss gets sent up there.

This is what caused me to fail each time, the rocks wouldn’t go away and the boss got wedged up; the below screenshot is the end result from the above screenshot…yes, I couldn’t beat this room with 8 birds:

2nd boss was a lot easier and just takes some minor luck with the boss being battered by the rocks:

3rd boss was tedious (and at least it wasn’t the blocked exit version):

The 4 rooms before were complete bird drainers with a scuba pig in at least 2 of the rooms that needed an extra bird just to kill, as they were in most cases conveniently positioned where no debris could hit them.

After only 3 or so attempts on this boss (I spent most of my time trying to get past the 1st boss), I was able to drop the boss’ health down to about 20% and then spent gems as I knew I could finish him off with at least 2 more birds, which I did.

I find having Terrance available right out of the gate is useful as you can throw him into the flower above the boss, which will heavily damage him and force him down to the water section below.

Doom Baby
    @doombaby

Why do you guys keep posting this stuff? The amount of rooms in each level is different depending on how easily you’ve beaten previous levels – or if you’ve beaten them at all.

Since I only play the DC to get my daily gems, I purposely lose in the first room. If one of my quests is to also play the KPP, I can guarantee myself a 2-2-3 in the DC because I’ve gone days without completing it – and then I purposely do very badly in the first level by wasting 5-6 cards in the first room, wasting all the rest in the second only using my very last card to take out the last pig(s). That will guarantee a 2-room second level, and hence a 3-room for the king pig.

If you strike every room every time, you’re gonna get more and more rooms tacked on to each level. If you suck, you get less rooms.

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

King Pig Panic is the same for every player. (Even Windows and Android/iOS get the same, even though Windows is stuck X updates behind)

Regarding the difficulty I can only quote myself

This has nothing to do with spending gems, it’s all about completion. The DC pattern is 1-1-2, 2-2-3, 2-3-4, 2-3-4, 3-3-4, 3-4-5, 4-4-5, 4-5-6. Succesfully completing the DC will turn you up one step, failing the DC (sometimes more than once in a row) will bring you down one step.

It doesn’t matter with how many birds you beat a level. I have now settled at playing the DC roughly 2 out of 3 times, which keeps me at 2-3-4 forever.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

@doombaby, we post it because we feel like it. No one makes you read it or even play the game.

We get it. You hate Rovio and you hate the game.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Tried the KPP about 5 times, always ended up with the last boss jammed up between two pieces of ice and only Bomb or Matilda could get him out. Of course by that point, I had no birds left. Not worth the times and since there is no guarantee I could clear it with 3 more birds, I am not going to spend gems to try it.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,501 through 1,525 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.