Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Yep, the KPP today was worthless from the get go. It seems every single day now are more often than not, water levels.

I tried to kill the boss pig on level 1 once, but every time, he’d drift up against the sides which means even a perfect hit by Terrance would not launch him high enough to get picked up and shot off the map.

Barely got through the DC either, got lucky on the 5th attempt, when Silver somehow managed to do massive damage.

Saphira
    @kgeisler

I was glad to have an easy day today. I got through the first boss multiple times, since I was having a bit of trouble with the second one. After that I defeated the third boss in one go. However, I think I have had the same problem as you with that boss on another day, so maybe its difficulty can vary.

Meme324
    @meme324-2

Today imho, it was rather ridiculous and though by no means do I rank in the top 100 of best players in the game, but I do ok I mean I get this far right. I tried at least 7 or 8 times and broke a promise to myself and actually spent money doing so because of course, I was so close right. My last attempt however I let that ugly pig spin round n round in that darn impossible circle for 27 minutes while I still had 1 bird to play, lot a hood it did though. I was out of rocks to throw into and most birds didn’t even reach him, even when I was able to hit him with at least 4 birds, it was only after the 4th that he finally got a small bandaid. I’m only trying once moving forward and once again vow to myself not to spend a stinking penny trying, not when they make it almost impossible and without options to play it out.

Angry Turd
    @puffs

I only attempt DC/KPP once per day. I am only 50/50 in being able to pass one or the other.

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

Last couple of days, both the Daily Challenge and KPP have been tricky for me.

That spinny circle level was tricky because the rocks couldn’t naturally roll into the circle area: a small but subtle and noticeable change I think (although I’m not sure if that was always the case whenever the level presented itself before).

Today, Friday 9th November, I couldn’t complete the DC without spending gems. It took a lot of birds to  get through the rooms leading up to the boss, and there was no way for the boss to leave the screen, so you had to have enough birds to kill him off – and I couldn’t get there without more than 2 or 3 birds left anyway.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

@aggieguy The second stage of KPP yesterday is a modified water stage with a closed exit to the right, which the original stage is already hard.

The first time I completed the second stage, I got extreme bad luck in the third stage and not even able to get to the boss room. I can get to the boss screen of third stage with only silver left in another run, so I paid 60 gems to complete yesterday’s KPP, because I did’t want to play the second stage again.

Seems they arrange the 2nd stage to be the most difficult intentionally, and the 3rd one is easier, so its more likely for players to pay the gems when they are close to beat level 3 and don’t have time or don’t want to play it all over again.

@sb311
    I have just complete the level 1860 in the map, after failed for like 15 times, but not enough to get into pity mode. Suddenly won with a surprise strike, with Matilda pushed the boss out of the screen. This stage is just like the one with a lot of beach balls in the middle. It is completely depends on luck, sometimes one bird is enough to finish, sometimes 7 birds are not able to even touch the boss.

SB311
    @sb311

I had to pay gems today in the DC, but KPP was no problem. I had just played the last boss level the other day. It was so nice to get structures to fall down on him and take half his life. Finished him off with Terrance. I got a bunch of spells and feathers for Bomb from the extra two rare chests. :)

Buzzeeee
    @buzzeeee

The last boss on today’s KPP is another of those horrible new trends from Rovio, where they’ve taken a common boss level and closed off the exit point so the only possible way to defeat the boss is to keep pounding him with birds.  And the birds, of course, don’t seem to have their usual point power.  This is the second time in the last few weeks where they’ve done this; this new thing about closing off exit points needs to stop right now.

The only way Rovio could do a more obvious gem grab is if you got to that screen and it just had the words “Pay Us 360 Gems or Else” written across it.

SB311
    @sb311

The DC and KPP were more manageable for me today. I had to try three times to beat the DC and got through the KPP my first try. I had played two of the bosses while replaying the boss levels in the map levels. For some reason, I didnt get any rare chests offered in either today like I usually do.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Real easy today, got through both the DC and KPP on the first attempt.

Makes me guess tomorrow will not be so easy.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@aggieguy, I had a bit of different experience. First two levels of DC required exactly all birds, due birds abilities failing (again) and third level was really easy. Note that while my main account does not get “video option”, I had to use those too with FTP account. It weirdly seemed so calculated…

I did not even bother much with KPP. I just flung the birds out and did not care where they went. Maybe I just care less than Rovio about the game every day…

cognitive
    @cognitive

No apples at all for me… Played DC, two gifts, played 2 of 3 sequence of KPP, no apples or gifts, played 5 or 6 map levels (just cleared a boss last night), no apples. Not a ONE.

Conspiracy? maybe I need to practice more :)

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Had a fun one today in the KPP.  Needless to say, that was an automatic restart.

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

Today’s Daily Challenge (or at least, Mathilda’s Mayhem, Thurs 22nd as I type this) is bloody ridiculous.

I’ve encountered this before but I’m wondering if there has been some slight tweak somewhere as it’s a real pain in the backside to finish.

I’ve refused to spend 60 gems to attempt to finish it off as there is still no guarantee this could be done. Anyone else experiencing the same

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Actually I did the Boss Pig level with two birds on the first try.  But the first bird has to be able to clear out that stack of stones/TNT (Bomb, Red, Stella) and your second bird HAS to be a Silver so you can aim her through the gravity beams and hit her to shoot upwards into the orange portal so she can destroy the platform the KP is sitting on so he will fall through it. But I guess then you have to be lucky enough that the beams will juggle the KP through the orange portal and out of the screen on the right hand side.

The KPC however, is another story.  I took one look at the 2nd KP screen and just quit.  It’s another one of those screens where you knock the pig off his ledge into an impossible corner to hit with birds so even if you manage to get there with your full battalion, you still probably won’t be able to complete it.  Rovio is not sucking me into this gem-stealing trap.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

@stevey Same for me. Couldn’t beat the king pig and finally gave up after the 5th attempt. Simply could not make it to the final room with enough birds to have a realistic chance.

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

Well today’s Daily Challenge is even worse:

Friday’s Silver Slam sees the same difficult boss level found in the map, at the higher levels around 1780-90 or so:

Impossible to complete without spending lots of gems, which I won’t do. I gave the chef a good direct hit with Silver and hardly depleted his health.

How on earth do Rovio expect newer players to have any chance of completing this?

garethw
    @garethw

Can’t remember the last time I completed a daily challenge, pick up the apples on the first two stages and that’s it.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@stevey, I had 5 birds with my main account when I reached that point. I got almost half health away from boss pig with 3 first ones, but that was it.

However, I one-shotted that with my FTP account. With the crappy pink bugger and having unbelievable luck. Boss pig floated over the right mountain, fell on top of it… and rolled right to fall out of the game.

I see that shot so unbelievable, because the bubbles of the pink bugger rarely last long and almost never goes where intended. This time everything went just perfect.

Granted, the game gave payback in KPP, where nothing worked as intended and even first level failed.

Buzzeeee
    @buzzeeee

Thank you @RawDataSystem, you’re a genius!

The one— and only as far as I can tell—  way to get past today’s Daily Challenge Boss Pig without spending any gems is to save Pink until then and use her bubble to float him off screen.  You must use her first (she’ll be the only bird you’ll need there).  Otherwise, it’s a complete Rovio gem grab and you’ll waste all your birds and probably have to spend tons of gems.  I wouldn’t have completed today’s DC without your advice, so thanks again for the help!

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Was just about to post the same thing. The only way, short of gems, is to use Stella to float piggy off the screen. Took me 5 tries, but finally got it to work.

The KPP was actually easy today, made it through on the first attempt.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@buzzeeee, you’re welcome! It’s nice to know someone was able to use my experience of that room to beat it. It warms the heart of old grumpy guy. ;)

@aggieguy
    , 5 tries? It’s nice to know it’s repeatable and not just cosmic amount of luck in style of once-in-the-lifetime, but I don’t have patience for n+1 attempts. It’s nearly always just one try for me, rarely two. Never more. Perhaps if the game mechanics and physics would be consistant, but in current form it’s not worth of my time to make several tries.

Needing just one bird to pass the last room on KPP was really nice for a change. Just few days ago I had practically opposite experience in Arena and I kept saying aloud “Is that all you got?”… and boy, the game sure got more! :D

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

@rawdatasystems If I hadn’t been sitting at the car wash waiting for my truck, I probably would have only tried once or twice. I was pretty much just wasting time and got lucky.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

@djlarryt The KPP stage on 22nd Thursday could sometimes be completed with Silver, if she could hit the right of the Chef, the Pig would fall off from the left side. Otherwise, if the pig fell to the right side it is impossible to have enough birds left to beat the stage. It is one of the troublesome stage. Don’t know if Stella can lift it out of the screen?

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@angrybirdspoop, I thought that shot, but of course I did not have Silver any more at that point. Thanks for letting me know it can work. It’s a shame we can’t see the rooms until we actually land there. It makes planning hard, unless one intends to try several times.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.