Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 951 through 975 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

same for me, even if I had 3 attempts to reach the final board of DC, no gems needed.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Yep, same boss rooms for me; 4-5-6 DC and 3-4-5 KPP.

That DC boss room can be a pain as you need to break the hole above the fans and then get the tractor beam pig to drag a bird into him to set off the TNTs, but it doesn’t always work out. I had it work out and managed to beat it after only 2 retries (first try I ran out of birds before the boss). KPP I beat on the first attempt. No gems spent on either.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I had the same KPP final room, but a completely different DC, which was 4-4-5. Took me two tries because I just screwed up round 3 and needed 1 more bird and wasn’t going to pay for it. Other than that, made it through the KPP on the first try.

Another way to beat the one all of you had is to kill the tractor pig with Blues or preferably Chuck since you can aim and launch him and less chance of accidentally hitting the pig or his hat. Then use Silver to knock piggy to the left and into the fans. He’ll get launched up and off the screen to the left.

If you want to try and drop the pig down the hole instead, Terrence is good at clearing out all of the structures. Aim him down and the fans will shoot him into it and wipe out pretty much everything.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

todays DC 4-5-6, 2nd room had a new ‘Night and Fog’ design

I quit the boss room, had no birds left and the level needs lot more birds,

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

^^That was the first time I’ve seen that level, too. Couldn’t tell the background from the floors.

Today’s DC features a blocked exit and an invincible boss. Barely a dent after 4 birds. Giving up for the day.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Forgot to comment on yesterday’s but I beat both the DC and KPP with extra bird purchases at the end of both to finish them off. Not that bad since I at least got x2 black pearls and a free chest on the KPP.

Today’s DC is another 4-5-6 waste of time with this boss room, featuring a blocked exit in the bottom right. The original version of this room has a hole under which makes it at least doable but this is just version is outright impossible. Your only option is the pummel the boss with birds, and good luck doing that with 2 fireman pigs that can only be killed with debris or the boss luckily squashing them. I tried twice and it’s literally unbeatable even if you do well on the 5 rooms before and enter the boss with 4 birds.

What’s funny is that I got this exact room in a KPP a while ago, but it was the first boss and on a 3-4-5. I striked the 2 rooms before and made it in with 6 or 7 birds, and even then I just barely managed to smash the boss to death after getting him to land in the bottom right. This was also after about 5 or so retries just to get the shots right and while getting lucky avoiding the fireman pigs. So with that I can safely conclude that today’s DC will be impossible unless you get super lucky and/or spend gems.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same DC boss room for me on a 4-5-6.

Not even going to try a second time.

garethw
    @garethw

I would posit that today’s bagatelle on the DC boss level is nigh on impossible.

Had 28 birds in 4 attempts at it without anything going near the bosses platform st the bottom.

The fan at the top severely limits launch actions and the bouncers are positioned so you can’t work any angles out.

If anyone has done it, it can only be by a very lucky fluke.

Buster
    @doulgas

@garethw, you can do it with Silver in one shot. Let the fan carry him above the bouncy balls, then activate him just below that small structure at the top. That will release all those little stones, which will drop and bounce around like pinballs.

Luck kicks in after that, but it’s the best chance I’ve found for one of them hitting the platform at the bottom.

If you don’t have Silver, you can probably also hit that top platform with Matilda.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

I had this 4-5-6 DC. The boss is fairly tough. 6 birds, and couldn’t finish him. Almost floated him out the top right, but he got stuck on the shelf. I had to waste silver getting him off there. Quitting for the 3rd day in a row.

maverick
    @maverick78

Today I had a 2/3/4 level sequence then this plinko boss.  I got lucky and bounced bomb into the bosses structure

garethw
    @garethw

@buster – regrettably that happened three times or four times – the little balls went everywhere apart from near the boss, on a couple of goes there was nothing left on the level apart from the platform the boss was on, hence my thought that it’s virtually impossible.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Same DC as @steelcityb. I got in with 2 and it’s just not doable. Also doesn’t help that I struggled to get through the rooms prior efficiently enough, each one is just full of stuff to deal with. Got in with 4 after a ton of retries and ended up spending gems just to finish off the boss with 1 bird. KPP was fairly easy with a free rare chest on top.

@maverick78
    I would hate to get that on any DC or KPP, it’s just a complete gamble with no clear strategy other than toss the birds into the main area and hope that they bounce down towards the boss . If they do, then you gotta hope they damage the boss’s structure enough so that it breaks open.

Flinx
    @flinx

I managed to do it with Matilda on my second attempt.

Angry Birds Fan
    @angrybirdsdude

I’ve got the same DC as @steelcityb but I got lucky and strike out the boss with Bomb by exploding Bomb near the stone balls and let them hit the boss pig until he was defeated.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same DC as @steelcityb (4-5-6) and it was a mostly easy KPP. Did have to use gems on the DC because I was just too lazy to try another time after just having an off day. The only problem with the KPP was getting to the boss pig on round 1 with the right birds. Kept having 1-2 micro pigs survive on room 2 and costing me a bird I needed for the boss.

I actually like the Plinko boss, if it is not too time consuming to get to him. You might not beat it on the first try, but eventually he will go down. It’s not like a blatant gem sucker room with a nearly immortal pig who cannot be knock/dropped off the screen, not beaten to death without spending 1000+ gems.

Buzzeeee
    @buzzeeee

Had 4-5-6 but didn’t get the Plinko boss.  Wish I had.  Instead after all the DC work I got one of Rovio’s cheat screens, where I hit the boss with red, silver, bomb, all of the structures that could fall on him, the rocks above his head that crashed down and hit him directly, and he still only had lost half his points.

I wish there was an Angry Birds customer bill or rights.  One of the first items on it would be that the damage done by birds and structures has to remain consistent, and Rovio can’t just drastically change the amount of damage things do on certain screens  just because Rovio wants gems (and real money).

garethw
    @garethw

@Buzeeee – ditto boss in the pit – tried twice, six birds both times in the room, everything fell on the boss both times inc direct hits from silver, bomb, Terrance etc. still half damage.

I have no extra bird and reckoned not even three more would do the job, so a definite minimum 240 gem grab – not worth it.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

I was lucky to beat the plinko boss in 2nd attempt yesterday. But today’s DC is another sucking and well-known setting….it’s possible to bring the boss down with the blues and in former times it was good enough to throw all debris on him. But nowadays lots of birds and gems are needed to kill the immortal pig – total waste of time – just quit.

Buster
    @doulgas

Right. This one used to be pretty straightforward, but no more. I made it to this room with 5 birds, plus another shortly after from the meter. Got all the stones to drop on or close to him plus direct hits from Terence, Silver, and Matilda.

Barely a scratch. I took my apples and went home.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same DC for me, one and done.

SB311
    @sb311

I have to use Bubbles to beat that boss level @schweinvogel. You have to knock down the two structures with Red, Chuck, and/or Terence so you can send Bubbles to the bottom right flower. Wait for him to embed under the foreman pig so he is leaning to the right and then activate bubbles. He will fly to the right.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

WOW SB311!!! That’s new and great strategy, will try next time – THX for sharing!!!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 951 through 975 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.