Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 851 through 875 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • Buster
    @doulgas

Same setup for me today as well. I barely finished DC even though I had 5 birds for the final room.

I’ve seen that setup for level 2 of KPP before (where the portal on the right slime path isn’t even visible on my device). I’ve never been able to beat it. I’m sure somewhere there’s a super player who knows a trick shot, but even a free video bird wouldn’t have helped me. Fine — saved me the trouble of certain frustration on level 3.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

DC was easy 4-4-5, and rounds 1 and 2 of the KPP were as well. Round 3 of course was BS. Was not going to spend 180 gems to even attempt to move that stupid bird.

Buster
    @doulgas

My red rumble DC was 3-3-4, which was pretty doable although you do need a lot of birds for the final room just to clear all the obstructions.

The 1st level of KPP sent me packing. Glad I didn’t waste any more time.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

DC 4-5-6 with 3 birds left in the last room, but no chance to kill Zeta she was literally glued to all structures, even big red could not move her into the right direction – gave up after a few tries

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I guess I got lucky today. I breezed through all of the DC and the first 2 stages of KPP. Got to this last room with only a few birds left and a free rare chest from the 1st room. Spent all my birds getting that purple hag sat nicely on the structure over the purple portal and clearing the rubbish in front of the closest purple portal, as you’re meant to sent the boss out of it.

Then spent gems for the extra birds (I only ever do this if I’m close to beating a DC/KPP and I can’t be bothered doing it anymore, even higher chance if I snag a free rare chest). I missed with the first 2 extra birds as I misjudged the tractor beams.

Chuck went through as a last resort and using his ability as he came out the bottom portal managed to pop the balloons under where the boss was, breaking the platform and sending her down through the portal and then off out the map to the left. Good riddance.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Another 4-4-5 DC which I got through on the first try. The KPP took two attempts and 60 gems at the end, but like what often happens, Zeta/King Pig needed just one more hit and I didn’t feel like trying again and then not making it to the same point on subsequent attempts.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Pretty much went the same for me, Aggie. DC took a few tries but didn’t spend any gems and once I got the rooms down I ploughed through it, including stage 3 which was a bit annoying to deal with.

KPP took several attempts, mainly on the boss rooms to work out the fastest and least wasteful way to kill them. First one was easy. Second one was a bit tricky but not too bad. Last one I ended up getting 3 extra birds for and luckily managed to flick Zeta off the bottom right ledge and down the waterfall. Overall, nothing too awful.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Had to spend 60 gems to finish the DC. Needed only one bird. I guess the free video bird is gone for good.

Zeta in 2nd level of the KPP is unbreakable. Went in with 5 and couldn’t kill it. Quitting for today  D:<

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

SteelCityB That one is stupid as there are no exits to push Zeta out of. What I ended up doing is knocking her off her starting platform down into the flower underneath, then after she’s been fired out of the flower and is flying through the air towards the center, you launch Silver towards her.  If you time it right you can smash Zeta from underneath and send her over the wall to the right. Or do the same with Stella, it might be easier to just catch her and lift her over the wall.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

You can also use Stella to float Zeta/King Pig off the screen to the right.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Back to 4-5-6 and most rooms in round 3 takes 2-3 birds and room 3 took 5 due to the unkillable micro pig.

AngryBoston
    @ogandzyuk

DC 1st level was deadly tough, took 4 times to pass, but later on – finished DC and KPP from first attempt though wouldn’t say it was easy, but rather lucky.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I ran out of time from doing the DC over and over. Had the same issue with stage 3, too many rooms with each one taking several birds to clear. Also annoying trash and useless structures in the way of your shots so you have to aim around them which is a nightmare. and usually ends with you wasting birds.

I did get to the boss room one time, with 2 birds left after barely getting through the other rooms. Feels like you need at least 3 to have a good chance.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

DC was frustrating but made it through. KPP was another story. Rounds 1 and 2 were easy, round 3 ended with a gem sucker. King pig took virtually no damage from birds and rocks dropping on him. We’ve all seen this room before.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

exactly same story here, in former times, this room was easy, all the rocks did enough damage. Not now – I shot 5! birds in addition on Zeta but it was still alive… NO Rovio, we do not pay for this!

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I got the boss room pictured above for my DC today. I tried a few times and always arrived with 2-3 birds which just isn’t enough. Not even going to bother wasting any time with this one and I know it will tempt gem spending. Not on me though.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same here. Tired it twice, once with Zeta and once without. While you can inflict more damage than on yesterday’s KPP, it still wasn’t enough. The preceding rooms take a lot of birds to clear, mostly due to blocking structures. Only one room I cleared with a single bird.

If I could make it to the final room with Bomb, Matilda, Silver, and Blues (great for bringing the boss down to the bottom) and all the debris fell just right, it might be enough, but I suspect would still require gems.

It’s Saturday and would rather watch college football with some friends than waste time trying the DC over and over.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

This was my DC. With this one I can in most cases beat it with 2 birds, though you need to be a bit lucky; destroy the platform under the single horizontal fan, then send one into the 2 lower fans, which with some luck blows it in range of the traction beam pig who then pulls the bird into the wood/ice structure, knocking it over, setting off all the TNTs which in turn launches the wooden balls into the boss, sending him into the fans and blowing him up and out the opening.

This time however I didn’t get lucky, as the structure didn’t topple correctly, so I had to knock the boss down by lobbing birds through the opening, then I bought 3 extra birds and got Silver, which I then aimed to the right of the boss, slamming her down next to him and knocking him down the hole at the bottom. Although I missed a free rare chest in the 1st room, I’ll take this win.

KPP was a breeze and I beat it without spending gems while also getting a free rare chest on the 1st room, so I guess that makes up for the one I missed in the DC.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Also for me at least, Zeta is gone at long last. It’s nice to have the old bosses back, I swear they roll/bounce/move around a lot more easily and don’t stick to the landscape as much as Zeta does.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same for me, both the final room and no more Zeta.

That said, I had this same blasted DC just a few days ago. Round three was exactly same, room for room.

Come on Rovio, reboot the severs and get us out of this same handful of DC/KPP.

Buzzeeee
    @buzzeeee

Ding Dong Zeta’s gone (we hope).

Maybe Rovio finally got the message that the way they had Zeta in the game was like anti-advertising for their movie:  Zeta was so incredibly rigged and frustrating in the game many players probably never, ever, ever want to see her in anything again, let alone paying to see Zeta in a movie.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Round 3 in the DC is another pain in the butt. Nearly every room has some or nearly all of the usual bird sucking designs; 3 structures, scuba pigs, bucket pigs in out the way locations, blocking structures with no pigs, but has to be destroyed, a structure out of range of anyone but Chuck, unless you go underwater, etc. etc. etc. Room 3 is where I keep flaming out. Never used less than 5 birds to clear it and after that only made it once to room 5.

Might try again later, if I feel like spending more of my day off on it, but probably not. Getting the game to go into mercy mode just takes too long.

Edit: Made it to the last room with just Stella after 3 more tries, but that was enough to float the king pig off the screen. The KPP was a cakewalk.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

DC was a pain for sure. I kept re-trying and was close to giving up as the 3rd round just had obnoxious rooms that took precise shots to clear with minimal birds. Eventually managed to get to the boss room with 3 birds, one of which was Silver. As soon as I saw the layout I knew it was going to be easy; just launched Silver directly at the boss and smacked him off the screen. KPP, though I retried a few times, was easy. No gems spent today at least.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Attempted today’s DC a few times. Stage 1 and 2 are pretty easy, stage 3 is a 6-room gauntlet that will drain all your birds before you get to the boss room (hope you love scuba pigs). The boss room itself is just a copy of an identical boss room, only this one has a black hole conveniently placed by the flower that you need to get the boss into…you can guess where this is going. After a handful of retries I somehow got through with 4 birds.

I pushed the boss off his starting structure and into the right pool (had to use a second bird as he was leaning over about to go to the left pool which is curtains if that happens). Launched Terence into the water (as pictured) and smashed the boss up into the flower…and of course the black hole pushes the boss down onto the middle structure, which is pretty much game over as you can barely reach him from then on as he usually just rolls down and into the right corner. Bought 3 extra birds and as said I could barely get across the water and hit the boss, so I just gave up after that.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

had a different DC today, sorry no pic… room 3 was easy if using the boomerang bird to kick Kingpig to the left out of scene. KPP also needed boomerang bird in 2nd room, but room 3 was better with Stella, so I switched. In the end I invested 60 gems, but all was done in 2 attempts.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 851 through 875 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.