Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 651 through 675 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • Buster
    @doulgas

Yeah, the right side was the way to go on DC, since he left side doesn’t have a trampoline to help move him off the ledge. Of course you needed a bird or two to clear the debris. It helps that you have the fans pushing things down.

grammyK
    @grammyk

Monday, reds rumble, 4,4,5

Buster
    @doulgas

Same one that I had. Nothing too tricky as long as you have a few birds to use in the final room to push KP off the ledges. Bomb was helpful to clear the debris.

KPP was a disaster for me. Indestructible micro pigs scattered everywhere. Birds that just bounced off the structures. Never even made it to the final room.

grammyK
    @grammyk

I had a hard time with the DC due to the first four rooms but got it finally. KPP likely not going to succeed.

Wings
    @arjrick

My FP is 550 (without the extra birds) and star power(I think?) is 50. Sharing so as to compare notes.

Saturday DC and KPP I could complete in one try. I still get 4-5-5 in my DC.  Sunday I could complete DC but KPP 2room, I could not complete no matter what and gave up did not waste any gems.

Todays DC, again 4-4-5 and could complete without using extra birds (Stella/Hal/Bubble) – but had to get a bird from video ad. Could also complete KPP without using any gems on first try.

So after several(11 or 12) days of no DC wins, managed to complete DC 3 days in a row now.

TOF – still getting pig on second floor – everyday – for ever now.

maverick
    @maverick78

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I always have the 3-3-4 dc levels and I never get the video bird.  I also hardly ever use extra birds for the dc/kpp.  Using an extra bird probably means your getting more levels</p>

Buster
    @doulgas

I think you may be putting yourself at a disadvantage by not using an “extra” bird. I haven’t noticed any difference in the number of rooms.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same DC here. Ended up using gems to beat it because I just had bad luck on rooms 2 and 3, or else my brain was still in bed. Just didn’t feel like playing it again.

The KPP was easy, made it through on the first attempt.

Two easy days in a row so I’m fully prepared for a gem sucker tomorrow.

grammyK
    @grammyk

I wish I got ad videos for an extra bird in DC and KPP :-(

Apprentice
    @apprentice

For my alternate account (FP 544), I play DC just to get gems from daily quests ie after first or second room I quit and the game thinks I’m a weak player so it gives me max 2-2-3 and several cases 1-1-2 setups… So I think there is a formula which determines your skill level and according to that, you get room setups.

Buster
    @doulgas

@apprentice, I don’t think there’s any question that the challenges increase in difficulty the more accomplished you are, but I have no idea what the criteria are. I do know that when I first started playing, the DC/KPP were just about the same difficulty they are now (based on how often I win), and that was when I had only a few hats, low slingshot level, none of this hatchling business, etc. At 750 fp you’d think by now I’d be sailing through these blindfolded.

Blue’s Brawl today was an easy 3-3-4, or should have been but I wasted a couple of birds and had to buy 3 with gems to finish him off rather than take the time for a do-over.

I couldn’t solve level 2 of KPP and gave up. These take too much time for me to make multiple attempts. I can get maybe 3 arena wins in that time.

Wings
    @arjrick

@douglas I agree with you. I started playing maybe 8-9 months ago and in all this time, I don’t think I had any easier time winning back then, than I do currently.

Even in the begining, I rarely saw 2-3-4 or 3-3-4.  I always had 4-4-5 or 4-5-5. Few times i get 4-5-6 like today. I thought this was the norm until I joined this forum.

What I noticed is that there are several levels and rooms I have seen before and solved easily and some time the same rooms are hard to beat with micropigs, structures that would not collapse and telporting pigs or pigs with umbrella. But do not know what the criteria is for the increased difficulty – some days.

Today KP level in DC (6 Rooms) played it without Extra Bird(bubbles/stella/hal) and played with Extra birds, Freed Bird with Video Ad and still could only manage to reach Room 5.  I debated to use 60 gems to see the final room and also see if i could get the 20 gems from daily quest for playing KPP, but decided not to.

Back to challenging DC days for me.  I would probably give up video ads and playing with extra birds, if it means I can get 2-3-4 or 3-3-4 in DC, but I guess Rovio decides each day what cirtieria to slap on which set of players.

grammyK
    @grammyk

Blues brawl Tuesday, I have 4,4,5, @doulgas has 3,3,4, @arjrick has 4,5,6

This is the most differences we have had since I joined this discussion. Tried 9 times so far, passed level 1 only twice, passed level 2 just once with no birds and was able to just grab this screenshot. This KP I have had before and can beat relatively easily with a few birds if I could get there, but today it has actually given me a headache to get there 🤕.

Wings
    @arjrick

My DC Rooms below – Level1 (4)-Level2(5)-Level3(6).

I did not take pics of individual rooms.  Just thought would post

DC-Level1-4Rooms

DC-Level2-5Rooms

DC-Level3-6Rooms

grammyK
    @grammyk

@arjrick, pics much appreciated, those rooms I have too, but you are getting extra ones today 🤯

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I had the same final DC room, but mine was a 4-5-6.

The KPP wasn’t too bad, beat it on the third attempt. Since the first two attempts failed because of my mistakes, and not because multiple rooms are bird suckers, I kept trying. Usually I don’t try more than once because it is obvious when the DC and/or KPP are gem suckers.

Buster
    @doulgas

Very interesting. The final room was the same for me as well, but obviously not the preceding ones.

@arjrick
    , as you’re learning, it’s not just about the # of rooms that determine difficulty. They can do a lot to change the difficulty level by adding flame throwers, magicians, micro pigs, and making the structures stronger. Back in the good old days (last year?), if you made more than a couple of attempts on DC, you would often enter pity mode. The rooms would be the same setup, but with fewer obstacles, golden pigs would appear, etc. I never noticed it happening with KPP so much, but DC for sure.

I think that still happens on the map, though now I have enough spells to pretty much blast through that.

Buster
    @doulgas

Final DC roomChuck’s DC was a pretty easy 4-4-5 for me. I’ve seen this screen before and like to use silver or matilda to go over the top to dislodge KP and he (usually) falls straight through. Stella might work too if it would lift him up and to the right.

KPP looked like a disaster with a major gem-eater on level 1. But the KP is actually pretty fragile and doesn’t need to be hit with a lot of force, so I made it through. The other rooms were easier.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I had the same DC. The pig was stuck, and when I used Stella to try to dislodge him  she raised him high enough to fall off to the right.

Hardest part for me of the KPP was boss pig in round 2. Got lucky with the video bird. The final pig took just 1 bird to knock down hole, plus 1 bird to clear the hole first.

Wings
    @arjrick

4-5-5 DC.  Tried 5 times.  First time could not even complete level two.  Second time got to 3rd level but could not even complete 4th room even with extra bird.

Third time got to the KP room as per the screen shot above and had Matilda, Silver, Chuck and Blues. Tried above suggestions and used Matilda and Silver but the pig did not budge from its perch/ledge. Chuck and Blues were useless, video play resulted in a freed bird – Blues.

Fourth time reached the KP room with no birds left or video ad left(used in 4th room) and to add insutl to injury, Rocio threw a golden pig (i guess assuming i would be tempted to use 60 gems) but did not fall for it. Most of the time gems result in birds which will do no damage.  Fifth time could not even finish the second level and gave up.

My DC today had way too many micro pigs in every room in level 2 and level 3. Each room had 3 structures plus micro pigs perched on tiny balloons only chilli can reach without problem. I had to use a minimum of 2-3 birds in each room. Did not take screen shots today.

grammyK
    @grammyk

4,4,5 today. Well I’m glad I wasn’t the only one having difficulties, but I had trouble on level one and three. And I tried as many times as possible in 8 hours as you can get regular and video lives. So the few times I passed level one – which were just levels I don’t do well on ( trampolines) – I got through level 2 barely and got through to KP with no lives. And to top it off, my Netflix won’t work today (yes I have a lot of time to fill every day, lol)

Buster
    @doulgas

@arjrick, if you see this KP room again, remember to aim matilda or silver to the side of the KP, not straight on, so you will set off the TNT box, which should knock him off the ledge.

Apologies if that’s exactly what you did. It took me a while to figure that one out and didn’t want to assume.

Buster
    @doulgas

Matilda Mayhem was a 4-4-5. Pretty easy if you get through the early rooms okay. I managed to strike the first room on level 3 using bomb. Only 2 birds were really needed for the KP room – you just need to knock him over to the flower on the lower right, then something with a little oomph to break up the structure.

KPP wasn’t too bad. With only 3 birds left (including the video freebie) I got a lucky shot on the final room so didn’t need to buy gems. And a treasure to boot.

grammyK
    @grammyk

DC same as Buster said.

KPP went a bit differently for me, the first one is bouncing between the trampolines and I am terrible at hitting moving targets so I only passed it once and died on the second one. Not stressful though, good for a laugh.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

DC was a pain to get to the final room, but thankfully I had Matilda, Red, and Stella left. Red removed that roof/hut blocking the pig, Matilda cleared the stuff blocking the hole, and Stella floated him to the left, and nearly off the screen, but he fell down and the flower launched him to oblivion.

The first pig in the KPP was as mentioned @grammyK, the fan/trampoline room, but I beat it by random luck. Terrance kept flying back and forth and beat the pig to death, without knocking him to the far right where he would be out of range. Rounds 2 and 3 weren’t easy, but not overly difficult either. The final king pig was easy.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 651 through 675 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.