Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 1,796 total)
  • Replies
  • SB311
    @sb311

I finally finished the KPP today without using any gems. Woot. :)

It was a 3-4-4 sequence for some reason. I hit the boss pig with Terrence first but only pulled back on the slingshot a little bit. The pig stayed hovering continually knocking into Terrence who was also hovering over the first fan and I kept sending all my birds into him.

Then I used stella to lift him and some debris high into the row of upper fans and he landed in the dead zone. I was able to aim silver over to him and a direct hit finally ended him.

The last level was easy so level two was definitely a gem grab.

Last level of kpp:

Buster
    @doulgas

@sb311, aim Terrance directly at the rooftop to the left of the KP. You’ll clip some of that platform on the right edge but that shouldn’t keep you from knocking KP off the perch and onto the slime, where he will detonate the boxes. That was enough to kill him without using any other birds.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

@sb311

For the DC, the best way is to knock the pig off to the bottom. Then use the strong birds and slide them down to beat him to death. Try to avoid touching any of those stones, don’t dislodge them. Those crap will obstruct your way at bottom.

For the KPP

The closest I could get was using Stella to float the pig to the middle of dead zone, then I used Matilda and Terence and some birds to hit him. But the pig was pushed to the far right of the zone.

I have been in the same situation with a Silver left like you, the pig still had 1/4 of health, but I couldn’t send her far enough to hit the pig at the far right corner, I gave up. Maybe I shouldn’t use the fans for propulsion, she just landed near the middle.

Buster
    @doulgas

Today’s DC is a 4-4-5, and the first 2 levels are not the usual walk in the park. Not hard, but you have to pay attention and not get lazy. Immortal micro-pigs scattered all over — just when you think you got them all, you don’t.

If you screw up the KP finale, like I did, you have to slog through the whole thing all over again. Which I did, 3 times and never made it to the last room. I have plenty of gems to spare but I didn’t want to give them the satisfaction.

SB311
    @sb311

My DC today is a 4-5-6 and this is the lovely gem sucking boss that we all know and love. :|

And I only had two birds left after all the crap I had to make it through including an indestructible micropig. Made me miss a chance at an extra rare chest.

Joe B.
    @joeb

On my 2nd try, I couldn’t get that DC boss with 6 birds… even beating him to death with all those rocks and birds never brought his life past a quarter…wow! Since my extra video bird was bomb and didn’t kill him, I figured buying 60 gems would do nothing so I left. I’m not sure what strategy is useful here besides bankrupting yourself buying dozens of birds lol

Joe B.
    @joeb

Definitely not a walk in the park…I’ve never seen more cluttered levels.

Tried 2 more times with Stella trying to “float” the boss away and he seems to just fall back down after floating up a little. The other time just hit the boss perch with bubbles bringing boss to the bottom with minimal damage.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Guess they’ve turned the DC into nothing but a gem sucker.

Makes it worse when the 20 gem daily quest is to play the KPP, but you’ll send hundreds of gems just to get it.

I’m thinking this just might be it for a lot of people, especially causal players.

I had the same crap DC as @sb311. Tried once, decided to clean the house after not being able to kill the immortal pig.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

I had the same DC as @sb311 too. It was level 1793, definitely rigged, I came there with just one bird left, paid 60 gems just to see if it was the ordinary easy level or the 1793 one, it turned out to be the latter. I couldn’t complete the DC, even worse than yesterday.

They turn the DC into a gem sucker but the rewards were the same crappy 400 feathers and 30 BP and ditched the alternate 2-3-4 and 3-4-5 pattern. Now all DCs have 4 to 6 rooms, if you fail once, you won’t even have the mood and time to try again.

SB311
    @sb311

Just read a message that someone received from rovio asking them about the difficulty of the DC lately.

The reply basically said they are “experimenting” with improving the user experience and people with higher FPs will see increasingly difficult DCs and KPPs to keep them engaged or something.

I think I’m going to try playing without stella or hal tomorrow and see if that changes my experience back to a fair one. >:(

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

The reply basically said they are “experimenting” with improving the user experience and people with higher FPs will see increasingly difficult DCs and KPPs to keep them engaged or something.

Which basically means they’re thinking up new ways to harvest gems.

Buzzeeee
    @buzzeeee

If Rovio really wants to improve the experience of people with higher FP, how about they put even a little effort into actually designing some new creative challenges rather than just doing nothing but making it so on the same old levels you have a ridiculous and unforgivable number of physics-defying unpoppable micropigs all the time and on boss levels greedily making the boss pretty much impossible to pop without spending tons of gems while simultaneously lazily making what were once openings to knock the pig through into floors?

If Rovio were serious about improving the game experience, the formula is very simple: Quit being so lazily greedy and start putting some effort and creativity into the game.

Buster
    @doulgas

I’d be okay with rising levels of difficulty if they would do two things:

1. Allow players to retry KP levels without having to slog through the early levels, which adds nothing and just sucks time, especially with those 4-5-6 setups. I’d rather fork over 60 gems to finish it off rather than spend 15 minutes replaying all those rooms.

2. Make the rewards worthwhile.

garethw
    @garethw

Yes, impossible today.

Basically Rovio just want to grab as much cash off the gullible.

Theyve pissed me off so much, I refuse to buy anything else and haven’t spent money for over four months.

Being penalised for gaining expertise just pisses me off further, I play a lot less than I used to.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Looks like another immortal king pig today on a 4-4-6. This was without activating Stella or Hal so that likely doesn’t affect the DC. Might try removing all my hats tomorrow to see what happens. The first two rounds weren’t hard, got through them with no problem.

But on the final round, could barely get to the king pig due to each room taking 2-3 birds, due to all the useless crap they add to force you to use a bird just to clear it so you can get to the pigs. Hit the king pig with Terrance, and he took no noticeable damage.

Edit: Beat it on an attempt with Stella added to the flock by beating the pig to death. No idea why this time he took damage from Terrance, Grey, and Matilda, where the first time he didn’t.

The KPP was easy. Made it through on the first try without gems.

SB311
    @sb311

Had a 4-5-5 DC today and I finally knocked the pig out of the room with silver after I don’t know how many attempts. :|

The KPP wasn’t too bad, but I messed up on level 3 and just decided to pay the 60 gems. It was worth it since I picked 7500 feathers for hal and leveled him up and picked another 1900 feathers for him with the feather bonus.

SB311
    @sb311

Well, once again they changed something no one asked them to change. There were no apple prizes for completing today’s DC, but at least I was able to get through it faster today.

They gave a duck spell instead and the same with the KPP. I’m guessing it’s to get people to buy apples or waste money in the TOF? Who knows…

I haven’t received a spell in the TOF in a few days, have they fixed the problem with only getting the first spell you pick as all your spells?

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@aggieguy, about that “Which basically means they’re thinking up new ways to harvest gems.”…

According to how Rovio appear to steal jewels from me every now and then, I’m not sure that they think too much of it.

I don’t try to save jewels for possible “good ToF run” any more, because at some point Rovio always seems to rob me blind. By that, I refer jewels just disappearing. Not like the “autobuy” bug where you don’t get video option or chance to quit, but new cards are automatically bought until player wins or force quits (and restarts) the game.

I stopped counting my jewel losses by these two ways after 2.000 and current estimate is around 8.500-9.000

For now on I just spend everything as soon as I get it. If not for anything else, to minimize the losses.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Final level of the DC is the same as yesterday’s KPP round 2, EXCEPT they blocked off the exit. Now, if you can get the pig up into the fans, he should still die eventually, so it is not impossible. Getting there with any birds means being perfect.

SB311
    @sb311

@aggieguy, Yep, I had three birds and barely made it through. Love how they added that covered pig right in the path of the fan to knock the kpp into the two columns of fans above. The ledge above it knocked Matilda out, but she still destroyed the structure blocking the path. Used blues to finish him off. :)

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

The KPP was actually easy today. Thought I’d have to pay gems on the final pig, but by luck he fell into the hole and went bye-bye.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

Today’s DC was a rigged stage where the KP always ended up at the far right corner where only Matilda and Silver could hit. After the first trial, I saved them for the moment, but there was a new way for the KP to get stuck (at the top right) so I failed again. I tried multiple times and finished it without paying gems. This stage appeared more frequently in the past DC.

KPP for 2/1/2019

The KPP was quite easy compared to the recent ones.

Buster
    @doulgas

In DC it was nice to see a good old 3-4-5 again. Save a Terence and aim it right at the middle of that upper platform. That should knock the KP around enough to kill him without any more birds.

In fact hang onto every Terence you can for the KPP. These are all fan rooms where the trick is just to bounce the KP around as much as you can along with debris.

SB311
    @sb311

I have a 3-5-5 DC today and the same boss as @angrybirdspoop. Can’t seem to hit it with enough debris before it lands so far away on the right side though. Hope I can figure it out.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

@douglas

The outcome is unpredictable, I have used Terence like you said before, sometimes he can beat the KP to near death just in the fans area, sometimes the first piece of  debris already pushed the boss far away, however, the KP has low amount of health, two accurate hits from Silver and Matilda usually kill him.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 1,796 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.