Angry Birds Epic Tips (Master Topic)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic Tips (Master Topic)

• The number of things you would like to know about playing Epic is huge, as reflected by more than 27 pages of threads. Please feel free to contribute links to posts you find very useful.

This thread is an index with links to some of the most useful threads to help even an experienced player get the most from time spent playing AB Epic. The initial idea was to link 3 threads, but the number of possibilities just keeps growing, so only the most important links are listed.

If you have questions or comments about any of the topics in the linked threads, please post in the appropriate thread. If there are other topics you would like to see discussed, please check all the pages in this forum to see if a thread already exists. If not, you can post in this thread, or better yet, start a new thread.

Please note that the game changes with just about every update, so older pages may be out-of-date. Changes were particularly significant between the soft launch and the worldwide launch. The current version is 1.2.7 as of the latest update to this thread.

Quick links to sections of this thread:

Epic Basics

News from before launch to present:
    AB Epic News
    The worldwide release page has many useful links to game basics, including bird classes, set items, walkthroughs, daily dungeons, Epic resources map, guide to enemy pigs, etc.:

AB Epic Worldwide Release

Birds:
    Birds are added to your team as you progress around the island.
    When you reach the Bamboo Forest after clearing SRC, Red, Chuck, and Bomb get captured, but you free them again as you progress through the forest.

Bird classes:
    Ver. 1.2.7 added a new class for red, the Stone Guard.
    Special classes: Ronin, Arch Mage and Moon Priestess were only available for a short period of time and only in a few countries. They can no longer be obtained.

Golden Pig Machine:
    The golden pig machine is currently obtained at Golden Fields 3.
    Golden Pig Machine

Set Items
    The strength of set items depends on the level you are at when you first acquire them. Consequently it doesn’t make sense to spend a lot of LC getting set items unless you are at the maximum level, which has been periodically raised.

Caves
    If you are having trouble getting through a cave, there is probably an old thread giving strategies for that cave.

Experience

Ways to Get Experience

Snoutlings

Good Places to Get Snoutlings

Friendship Essence

You can ask your friends for Friendship Essence (FE) once a day, but you can only get a maximum of 5 per day. You also earn FE (1) when your friends borrow your birds, by scrapping legendary items, and sometimes from the floating treasure chest in the caves. You can also buy FE, but 100 LC for 25 FE – is it worth it?

Facebook

Facebook advantages:
    * +1 Lucky Coin to the reward you get for beating the daily Golden Pig;
    * More characters to choose from in the Chronicle Caves, daily dungeons and Friendship Gate levels;
    * You and your friends are able to spin each other’s Golden (Arena) Pig Machine, which also results in filling each other’s Rainbow Bar.
    * Facebook friends can help you unlock Friendship Gates;

Mastery and the Mighty Eagle’s Dojo:

The concept of mastery rank was introduced in ver. 1.1.0, and replaces the concept of veteran, elite, and master classes.
    Mastery Points

Lucky Coins

Unless you have real money to burn, Lucky Coins are very precious, so spend them wisely. You get free Lucky Coins from the daily golden pig, treasure chests, leveling up, and the Maelstrom. You can also buy them with real cash.
    Places to get lucky coins

What to buy with Lucky Coins:
    There are a lot of differing opinions on this subject.
    AB Where to Spend Lucky Coins

Potions

Potions

Video Bonuses

There are messages prompting you to watch an ad to get a bonus.
    List of video bonuses:
    – Golden Pig machine free Cheap Roll — Every 24 hrs if you are on FB, 48 if not
    – Golden Arena Pig machine free Common Roll (same as above)
    – Free juice potion of your current rank — Seems to happen when you click the potion bar, probably at most once per day
    – Chronicle Cave treasure chests (gives you either a Friendship Essence, Lucky Coin, or Experience Potion)
    – “Battle Boost”: gives you a 10% boost in health and attack for 1 battle. Not available in dungeons, Chronicle Cave, the arena, or event battles.
    – Free Stamina Drinks. Available only during events, when stamina is below the amount required for battles of “Easy” difficulty. I got 3 once.

Events:

Each event is somewhat different. The first was “For the Pirate King:”
    First Pirate King Event

Arena

Arena Basics:
    Arena Release News
    Arena Update
    List of Emblems
    Health of Banner Items
    Arena Set Items
    Arena Help: These 2 threads both have help on achieving daily objectives
    Daily Objectives Help
    Help on Most Hated Objectives

Having a single thread to reference the most useful information was the idea of @larry. This guide was a cooperative effort of @MVnLA2 @Larry, @Partshade, @KerrAvon, and @dr_ishmael, who also are keeping the main posts of some of the threads up-to-date.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Replies
  • FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

Wow, this looks great! All the information put together. :D

Nothing
    @autobird

Very complex…and impressive!

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

Good job!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Thanks all! The format isn’t perfect, but every time I edit it, it goes to moderation and disappears until an admin checks it. So I think I should leave it be for a while.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@mvnla2 Here’s some info for the “Friendship Essence and Facebook” section.

You earn Friendship Essence by having your birds borrowed by your Facebook friends, if you have established the Facebook connection (1 borrow = 1 FE stone). You can ask your friends for Friendship Essence once a day. However, you are limited to getting a total of just 5 FE stones this way. Other ways of earning Friendship Essence are scrapping Legendary (Banner) Set Items and receiving one FE stone by chance from a floating treasure chest that you can get by watching an ad in the Chronicle Caves. Of course you can also buy Friendship Essence, but 100 Lucky Coins for 25 FE stones – is it worth it?

Facebook advantages:
    * +1 Lucky Coin to the reward you get for beating the daily Golden Pig;
    * Facebook friends can help you unlock Friendship Gates;
    * More characters to choose from in the Chronicle Caves, daily dungeons and Friendship Gate levels;
    * You and your friends are able to spin each other’s Golden (Arena) Pig Machine, which also results in filling each other’s Rainbow Bar.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@mvnla2 Something I could add to “Potions”:

Potions are consumable items that can be crafted in the game. The first potion, Banana Juice, is unlocked after a certain point, but the recipes for potions after that must be bought in Professor Pig’s laboratory. A video bonus every 2 days gives you a free juice potion. Potions cannot be used in PvP, and some of them can only be bought. Potions can be used on each bird once a turn.

A list of all potions: (NOTE: healing and crafting costs not provided)
    Banana Juice Rank 1 (heals one bird)
    Sea Berry Juice Rank 1
    Sea Berry Juice Rank 2
    Sea Berry Juice Rank 3
    Snow Apple Juice Rank 1
    Snow Apple Juice Rank 2
    Pig Cherry Juice Rank 1
    Pig Cherry Juice Rank 2
    Pig Cherry Juice Rank 3
    (all other juices are Pig Cherry Juices of higher ranks)

Hot Veggie Cake (+25% rage chili)
    Ultra Hot Veggie Cake (+50% rage chili)
    Burning Veggie Cake (+75% rage chili)

Fruit Cake rank 1 (heals all birds)
    Fruit Cake rank 2
    Fruit Cake rank 3
    And so on…

Stamina Drink (usable only during events, refills one Stamina) – 5 FE to craft
    Purify Potion (LC only) – Removes harmful effects from one bird
    EXP Potion (LC only) – Doubles XP income for the rest of the battle
    Mighty Eagle’s Favourite Dish (LC only) – instantly KOs all pigs on screen.

I would like to add another section:

Video Bonuses

At certain menus, you will find messages prompting you to watch an ad to get a bonus. All of them except the Chronicle Cave chest will re-appear after 48 hours (the CC treasure chest respawns after only 24 hours).

List of video bonuses:

– Golden Pig machine free Cheap Roll
      – Golden Arena Pig machine free Common Roll
      – Free juice potion of your current rank
      – Chronicle Cave treasure chests (gives you either a Friendship Essence, Lucky Coin, or Experience Potion)
      – “Battle Boost”: gives you a 10% boost in health and attack for 1 battle. Not available in dungeons, Chronicle Cave, the arena, or event battles.
      – Free Stamina Drinks. Available only during events, when stamina is below the amount required for battles of “Easy” difficulty.

The events section could also be expanded some more.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@freckledpig147 — This is great! How about starting a thread on Potions? This thread was intended to be mostly a list of links; if we include all the information on each subject, the main post would be huge. One of the reasons we didn’t add a link for potions is because we couldn’t find a good thread on potions. There is at least one old thread, probably more, on potions that would have some useful info you could include (with appropriate reference, of course).
    More comments to come.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Comment on potions
    Potions are consumable items, most of which can be crafted. All potions can be bought, and are occasionally on sale. Because most can be crafted, having a gold or diamond cauldron will give you a higher average number of potions per crafting cycle. For higher level players, it is more time-efficient to farm for snoutlings to buy potions, and it is more cost efficient to buy potions than to buy ingredients.
    * When you buy the recipe for a higher level of a potion, all your lower-level potions get converted to the higher level. I think this is still true? Thus it makes sense to stock up on the lower level potion before buying a recipe for a higher level.
    * I haven’t seen a video giving a free potion for a long time, if ever.
    * The only potions that have to be bought or acquired as gifts are experience potion, ME’s favorite dish, and purify potion.
    * It would be nice to include healing and crafting info, but if it’s not in an old forum, it will be hard to get.
    * Pig Cherry Juice Rank 6: heals for 550; crafting cost: 4 greater vials, 4 magic water, 5 pig cherries; cost 5 for 300 snoutlings
    * Fruit Cake Rank 7: heals all birds for 350; crafting cost: 6 snow apples, 8 sea berries, 10 bananas; 5 for 375 snoutlings
    * Burning Veggie Cake: rage chili filled by 75%; 10 burning pumpkins, 4 ice chilis, 4 hot tomatoes: cost 5 for 300 snoutlings
    * Stamina Drink: Fills stamina for events by 1; crafting cost: 5 FE; cost: 25 for 45 LC; stamina drinks can be won on the events rewards wheel for each battle, and in the past were sometimes obtained as gifts during the event.
    * Experience Potion: cost: 10 for 45 LC; can be obtained from the floating chest in the Chronicle Caves once per day.
    * ME’s Favorite Dish: Defeats all pigs in current wave; cost: 3 for 45 LC; occasional given as gift or in treasure chests
    * Purify Potion: cost 10 for 45 LC; 3 (?) given at start of cave 14 (?)

sal9
    @sal9

@mvnla2 Do you want me to add some of the additions above?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Sal9 — Thanks for the offer, but I don’t want to add all the comments above. Oh, I see you added some already. That makes the potions section longer than everything else. Will send you a short version later.
    I am still hoping @freckledpig147 will start a forum on potions.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@BirdLeader — Wow! I had no idea there was something called a master topic! Thanks!

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

Haha, yeah @mvnla2. This one is definitely a master, as it’s super helpful to all Epic players.

(BTW, the @mention auto-complete now works in the forum! Start typing in @username and some suggestions should show up that you can chose from.)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@BirdLeader @Sal9 — Does being a master thread mean that I can edit the main post without it disappearing to limbo until rescued?
    BTW @FreckledPig147 did start a thread on potions.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@mvnla2 — This looks great, I sure could have used it when I started. As it was I didn’t really find the forum at all until after I completed the main game. I made a lot of mistakes that could have been prevented. Keep up the good work.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Isn’t a lot of the fun discovering things on your own? Of course that part can be very frustrating too. I was really frustrated when I discovered my low level set items were weaker than items I could make from blueprints.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@freckledpig147
    Comments on Video Bonuses
    At certain menus, you will find messages prompting you to watch an ad to get a bonus. All of them except the Chronicle Cave chest will re-appear after 48 hours (the CC treasure chest respawns after only 24 hours).

List of video bonuses:

– Golden Pig machine free Cheap Roll (I haven’t seen this, unless you are talking about a roll on a friend’s machine, but this happens every 24 hrs if you are on FB).
    – Golden Arena Pig machine free Common Roll (same as above)
    – Free juice potion of your current rank (how often does this really happen?)
    – “Battle Boost”: gives you a 10% boost in health and attack for 1 battle. Not available in dungeons, Chronicle Cave, the arena, or event battles. Does this happen only once every 24 hrs?
    – Free Stamina Drinks. Available only during events, when stamina is below the amount required for battles of “Easy” difficulty. I got 3 once, what is normal?

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@mvnla2 Just back from my Easter holidays in Morocco, so I didn’t check the Nest for a while (2 weeks). Finally, the “unaffected post project” is alive. It’s really great ! Now, why not update original posts. For example, you (or admins, or… I don’t really know who does what…) could (if you want, don’t take it as an injonction) correct some mistakes in the classes post (Druid’s healing is 22 and not 20, Princess’s healing is 30 and not 25) and add all new classes (check AngryBirdsWiki for numbers), etc…
    BTW this is a great work !

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@zackvoyager — Thanks! It would have to be the @admins or the person who started the thread who update the original posts. Unfortunately, there are a lot of “update” projects that always get moved to the back burner because the admins are overwhelmed by all the new levels coming out.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@mvnla2 @goldenpig made a forum about ways to obtain LC. Here is the link to it:https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/places-to-get-gold/

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Link to potions forum:

Potion Info Thread

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Still have a few more links to add, but have to do them one-by-one.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Still need to add the link on where to get LC.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@admins — Please do whatever you have to do so that I can edit this again. Thanks.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic Tips (Master Topic)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.