Angry Birds Epic Guide To Experience Stars (Updated 2/1/2021)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic Guide To Experience Stars (Updated 2/1/2021)

• Since the game is now discontinued, and there are no longer any special events or deals, most methods for getting experience have disappeared as well. However, on the off chance that anybody is left to read this thing, a few still remain. Though, this guide is more of a history lesson than advice nowadays.

The maximum EXP level, now and forever, is 100.
    ————————————————————————————
    Leveling up is very beneficial and really helps as you progress in the game. All of the benefits to leveling are:

Stat Boosts:
    Each time you level up, each of your birds gain a couple of damage and health points. It may not be very much, but over time it makes a huge difference.

Lucky Coins:
    Every level gives you 3 free Lucky Coins. Who doesn’t like free money?

Stronger Potions:
    Certain level milestones unlock higher tiers of potion recipes at Professor Pig’s Lab. Wanna get a nice Infernal Veggie Cake, or a Pig Cherry Juice that can heal your bird 5,620 health in one slurp? Level up!

Weapons/Offhands Strengthened:
    Newly obtained items, either from the Golden Pig Machine or by Forging, will match your level (Or be 2 levels above you, if it’s a Set Item), so leveling up yourself will make your new items stronger too! However, items you already have will remain the same level.

Mastery Ranks
    For every level you gain, the maximum Mastery rank of your birds classes are increased by 1. This means that if you’re level 20, you wouldn’t be able rank up your classes past 20 either.
    Previously, certain locations rewarded much more EXP than others. Castle bosses would give a flat 100 stars every time you beat it, and people would farm them all day. That changed. EXP gain now is based purely on the enemy’s level, so the best place to farm is simply wherever has the strongest pigs you can effectively beat. Dungeon pigs always have a level that matches yours, so that’s always a good option. Otherwise, Chronicle Caves are your best bet.
    Playing the right level isn’t always enough though. You need a special item to get the big stuff. That item is:

Experience Potion: These can be obtained in the ways below. You can activate them anytime during a battle, but to maximize benefit, it’s best to do it before you KO the first pig. The problem is that they are rather rare (Unless you’re rich).

1: Piggy Mccool would be happy to sell you 10 of these bad boys for 45 Lucky Coins at his shop.

2: Get enough stars and you will get 3 potions for free. Although, this is a one time reward.

Potions also used to be available from watching ads in the Chronicle Caves, finding hidden collectables on the map during Special Events, and on day 17 of the Daily Reward Calendar. All of which are no longer available.
    There is one last thing to talk about. Something else that is no longer obtainable, but was removed long before the game ended. This item is:

The Rested Bonus:
    They looked like little blue swords and appeared right under your EXP level. You were given one for every 30 minutes you were not playing the game, up to a max of 5.

When you enter a level while you have a Rested Bonus, one of the swords are used automatically. The swords give you double EXP for the whole battle just like EXP Potions do. You could even use both at the same time to get 4x EXP. That’s what this thread was originally talking about, explaining the comments below, later being made into a whole guide about experience, or what’s left of one. Ah, how the times have changed.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 86 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

Also I had Battle Booster from watching a video while doing this but I doubt that makes a difference.

Trulsnert
    @trulsnert

Can confirm.
    Also, doing the gold Into The Void event battle gives me a little over 2,500(!) xp with the xp sword and xp potion. So it doesn’t take many battles to level up:) (i’m level 31)

Mindset
    @mindset83

Good find! Is it possible to restart the level on the last wave and replay the whole level again and still keep the 4x experience?

Bossk
    @henjovr

No, it’s a new battle so the bonus is gone.

Anonymous

@trulsnert I would do that if only I could beat that horrible boss dragon.

burbman
    @burbman

Good find! I need ~7,500 to max level again, looks like I need to find a couple of yellow portals tonight.

angryde
    @angryde

@partshade. I agree with @burbman. Good find!

I’m planning on 4x-XP-ing the orange void/portal wave battle three times tomorrow. =)

I just got my Samurai to lvl-8… but my Wizard lvl-6 and Druid lvl-6 need that XP boost to get to lvl-7. This should carry them over the line!

Thanks!

Anonymous

Glad everyone likes my finding! Hopefully this will teach some of the newer players too.

Robgaming
    @robgaming

Nice tip! Only problem is, doesn’t xp potions cost lucky coins?

Anonymous

@robgaming Yes they do but I’m referring to the ones that you get from star rewards.

Bossk
    @henjovr

It seems that Rovio fixed the huge XP reward of events.
    We’re getting nowhere near that amount of XP (not counting the bonus ofcourse).

angryde
    @angryde

@partshade FYI I’ve managed to accrue a massive amount of XP using your strategy. :) My Samurai is now lvl-8 and 55% to lvl-9, my Wizard is now lvl-7 60% to lvl-8, and my Druid is now lvl-7 and maybe 65% to lvl-8. Not bad for 5x days work! Thanks again!

Bossk
    @henjovr

Is there anything special about Star Reef Castle? More XP than other stages?
    Going to try it tonight.. Am lvl 31 so still soms leveling to do.

Anonymous

@angryde Glad I could help!

@henjovr
    Star Reef Castle has higher level enemies than other levels meaning they yield more XP. Plus the boss at the end gives 100 experience stars and 100 Snoutlings without any bonus. Using my strategy he would give 400 just by defeating Wizpig.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryde, @partshade — You need mastery points to level up your birds. It’s true that the gold portal gives a decent amount of mastery points. However, I thought experience swords and potion had no effect on mastery points? Has this changed?
    What do you mean by the XP boost helping your birds to level up?

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2. You’re absolutely correct, of course, and re-reading my very sloppily written post(s) it does seem like I’m implying that the double XP bonus + experience potion combo multiplies one’s acquisition of mastery points. To be precise… I was trying to affirm that, indeed, @partshade’s strategy worked for me when I was (recently) XP farming to reach the new level max (XP dependant). Further, I was also trying to suggest – again, very lazily, very obtusely – that I might go ahead and re-employ @partshade’s strategy on both SRC and the orange ‘Into the Void’ portal battle to determine whether or not said strategy ALSO multiplied one’s acquisition of mastery points. Alas, and as you’ve said, it seems to make little or no difference whatsoever. Many apologies!

Anonymous

Actually @angryde someone confirmed a while back that experience bonuses don’t change how much mastery you get.

angryde
    @angryde

Thanks @partshade. If I’d been more thorough in my reading of my fellow nesters’ posts… I might have saved myself some trouble! =)

Soulesin
    @soul00

I can’t get that much of exp… Wich is the best stage to gain more exp?

Anonymous

@soul00 Castles, Daily Dungeons and the farthest Chronicle Cave you made it to gives lots of EXP.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

This shouldn’t be lost.

Bloon Popster
    @king-piggy

Pig lair level 9 should be a really good place to get XP

Anonymous

@king-piggy Actually it would be good at first but if you get past the pigs level they start dropping in reward. The highest 10 wave Chronicle Cave level you can beat would be the best. I personally use Star Reef Castle because of the 100 Snoutlings from Wizpig.

Nytmair
    @nytmair

Cool tip! I never thought about doing that. I’m new- just reached lvl20, so I’m looking for quick leveling help. I’ll give this a try :)

Thanks for the bump @mvnla2!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Personally, I just farmed Star Reef Castle, every time I got a 2x XP. It’s good XP, and you get to bring all 3 birds. No Dodge monsters, and decent payout.

The Caves only let you bring 2 birds, so it’s much harder.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic Guide To Experience Stars (Updated 2/1/2021)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 86 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.