Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

• Rovio released an update for Android is out today:

Version 1.2.1
    ————-
    THE EPIC UPDATE YOU’VE BEEN WAITING FOR:
    – Player vs. Player Arena! Battle other teams and defeat their banners!
    – Customize your team banner with powerful parts!
    – Win in the weekly leagues for epic rewards!
    – Climb the ladder in the Arena Leagues – can you make it to the Diamond tier?
    – Plus, look out for an upcoming special holiday event!

This seems exciting :-)

epic1.png

epic2.png

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 297 total)
  • Replies
  • CalvinJJ2009
    @calvinjj2009

Downloaded on IOS as well. Seems interesting so far

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Some Arena tips:

• The arena has its own Golden Pig Machine and free rolls on friend’s GPM. You get items to upgrade your banner from them and you can even get set items.
    • You can only be defeated 3 times per day.
    • The goal is not to take down the opposing team’s birds but to take down the other team’s banner. Of course taking out the birds makes it easier since they will also attack your banner.
    • The Arena has daily challenges (shown in the top right corner of the previous posted picture). Click on the “Event” banner in the top left to view them in greater detail.
    • The Arena Leagues is weekly (Monday to Sunday).
    • You can beside fighting in the Leagues also challenge your friends in non-ranked battles. Just view your friends in the Totem Pole and click the battle icon beside their names to fight them. There does not seem to be any rewards for doing this though.
    cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

Thank you @angryjohnny. i lost two battles because I didn’t know what is the point. Now that I have all banner sets and all birds rank 10 equiped with epic weapon sets it will be easy-peasy to win those battles.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Got my first Arena set item, it is a Top called “Mighty Head”:

arena_epic_set_2.png

arena_epic_set_1.png

Grumpy Cat
    @inimical

All I noticed was 1.7k essences :D

Chrilion
    @genoredgmail-c

LOL there is a dude with 60k in my League, his name Soundwave4000

Also guess people that don’t P2W are going to have a really hard time

Noticed that items that are supposed to resurrect you once/per battle does not work

hack1ge
    @hack1ge

@angryjohnny – That set item is ridiculous. Definitely going to mean some interesting challeneges for those of us that don’t spend real money. That being said I really like the update, gives you dailies, some excitement and things to actually do. I must say that the coin flip does give lower level players a fighting chance. I have level 10 birds w/ full epics and a guy with lvl 6 birds was able to control me from the start.

Someone should start a thread on the metagame of ABE :) Never thought it would happen but Rovio really has outdone themselves here.

iPad
    @peeze

game crashes!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!
    problem with ads (can’t skip them)
    incredible hard battles…
    so confusing

i don’t like this update

abirds954
    @abirds954

@angryjohnny Judging by the wood icon next to your Legendary there, I’m going to guess that, similar to how Legendary weapons vary by the level you get them at, the Legendary banner items are stronger at higher levels/whatever Rovio is calling the six tiers of crowns.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@abirds954 That is a good theory, it does sound like something Rovio would implement unless they use the Bird Levels for the strength of Arena Set Items too.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

It’s frustrating to play against players who obviously spent their money for coins to play GPM often to get the top notch sets. Makes the P2P challenge less fun for players who do not want to spend money but rather work hard to earn coins.

Also came across a player who had an Archmage… where the heck do that come from??

abirds954
    @abirds954

@hack1ge Going first is an immense advantage. There needs to be some sort of balance, like if you go second you get one bird to go twice or something. Going first is a basic guarantee you’re knocking out your opponent’s any one bird.

Grumpy Cat
    @inimical

A few days ago I was discussing with another ABE-playing friend about the mechanics of a possible PVP implementation in Epic, and more importantly how to address the first-turn advantage. I see Rovio doesn’t have a good answer either.

burbman
    @burbman

@angryjohnny – It looks to me like the challenges are per day, and may change from one day to the next. That is where most of the battle points are gained, and if a player meets each of the three daily goals through the tournament, they should do pretty well.

So far, I am having trouble finding enough opponents who are playing with Bomb to fulfill the second goal. Might be a strategy move to fulfill your first goal, then pull bomb from your lineup to make it more difficult for your opponents to meet their second goal.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@Burbman My goal is to win with Bomb — not against Bomb.

burbman
    @burbman

@amslimfordy – My first daily goal is to win two battles with bomb, my second goal is to win three battles against bomb, and my third goal is to win three battles without KO’ing any opponent birds. The third one is proving quite difficult.

hack1ge
    @hack1ge

@abirds954 I agree going first is a huge advantage and in all honesty I have a 100% win percentage when going first. That being said its not a death sentence if you have quality birds.

It is hard in a turn based game to be able to deal with the first mover advantage but I am sure they will come up with something. Perhaps an aura for the team that doesn’t get to go first that mitigates some damage or something like that.

hack1ge
    @hack1ge

Another question I had – has anyone actually confirmed they are playing against folks in real time? I don’t see how this could be possible because there is no queuing system. Unless when you enter if the opponent isn’t there it pairs you with someone else. Seems suspicious…

burbman
    @burbman

@hack1ge – based on the style of play I have seen, Head to head battles are done against a computer controlled autoplay using the opponent’s bird lineup. Therefore, if a live player beats your team, it does not count against your three daily losses.

Otherwise, I would have some pretty irritated opponents, as it can take me a few minutes to take my turn if I get distracted.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Ah interesting @Burbman. I had “No Rage Chili 3x” and “No Healing 2x”. Seems like there’s a LOT of objectives circling.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@burbman Thank you. I edited my post about that.

Nytmair
    @nytmair

@amslimfordy Indeed.. My 3 objectives currently are:

-Win 2 battles with Bomb (1000)
    -Win battles and knock out red 3x (1500)
    -Win 5 battles with Matilda and Chuck (3000)

Unfortunately I sucked and used up my 3 loses already for the day..

hack1ge
    @hack1ge

@burbman Yeah that is what i was thinking was going on. Its unfortunate that this is really pve arena not pvp but nonetheless something new to do. It also explains why the computer never gets to use a rage chili in the first turn if they go first.

Maybe in the future they will change it to be a queue with real pvp.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

If I go back to the main map, I have a red banner with a spinning wheel in the normal event location. It says coming soon, but has been spinning now for a couple of hours. Anyone have it stop spinning?
    My objective are
    win 3 battles in total
    win 3 by destroying you opponent’s banner with a rage ability
    win 3 playing with the Spies and Sea Dog
    Sounds like my 1 and 3 are some of the easiest, but 2 is giving me problems, and I’ve already lost 2 battles!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Should mention that you don’t seem to get any mastery for these battles. Makes some sense, since you are fighting birds, not pigs, but is sure going to eat into the amount of mastery I collect every day.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.