Self-Destroying and Unstable Levels

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Self-Destroying and Unstable Levels

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 612 total)
  • Replies
  • SweetP
    @sweetp

It probably took about 5 minutes after restarting. The second time it happened, I noticed that there was more bouncing than normal on the small left “windmill” spinning thingy. It unstablized that horizontal plank under it and fell off, taking out the piggies below and part of the conveyor belt.

If I see it happen again, I’ll try to be more detailed on anything else that happens.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@SweetP — Have seen some self-destruction on 4 of 6 attempts so far. Best was 95K after 18 min, but I didn’t see when it actually happened. First run with no destruction I “only” waited 5 min; second I waited 15.
    So far it has not improved my scored.
    Data so far:
    5 min: 0
    5 min: 42770 pts; no more destruction after 10 more min.
    18 min: 95150 pts; Didn’t see what happened or when.
    8 min: 35670
    15 min: 0
    11 min: 950 pts; One of the things pointing at lower pig in central tower fell; 7 more min: 15560; pig on trap door fell, lower left windmill fell and activated box.

SweetP
    @sweetp

Wow, thanks for taking the time to researching this further! I was surprised that I couldn’t improve on my own score, even though it was a pretty high-scoring headstart before flinging Terence. I might revisit soon and see if I can get better cooperation, especially from Chuck!

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@mvnla2, it’s taken a while with all of the distractions of life to find a level with a helicopter, moving balloon, …, to test for self distruction but I finally encountered one in Rio as I tried to collect coins. Hidden Harbor #5 will partially self distruct after about an hour or two. I left the game on and did some chores. I didn’t see what happened but the helicopter carrying the TNT must have crashed with some small additional destruction for about 37k. Is there a link to the latest list? I wasn’t sure if this had already been reported. If it’s new, I’ll renew my search for potential long-time self destruct levels with flying components.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jwgardenwiz — Thanks for the info. I won’t have time to take a look until I get back from vacation. The latest list is linked in the main post; it hasn’t been updated in a while, but it’s about time. The last time I looked, the “clickable index” no longer worked.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jwgardenwiz — Rio HH #5 is already listed, but for nowhere near as many points as you describe. Should probably update post if you really meant 37K, previous report was ~6K.
    Been letting it run for a while:
    2nd restart: Marmoset and TNT hanging from helicopter exploded for ~6K after a few min.
    ~30 min (not sure when) score up to 11790; second marmoset on copter fell. Copter continues to tilt wildly.
    ~75 min up to 11810, but I’m giving up for now. See comments on walkthrough.

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@mvnla2 I saw the post by @coinaster and believe that my report is the same self-destruct that he discovered. I ran my iPad overnight after a hard restart and got the same 6k reported by others within a few minutes but the helicopter kept swinging wildly. When I checked the screen this morning the helicopter was gone. Apparantly it crashed into the structures for a 45k score. Coinaster’s experience suggests that higher self-destruct scores are possible.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

See Kathy’s comments on

Angry Birds Seasons Tropigal Paradise Level 1-9 Walkthrough

The blocks on the right side of the 2 ships sometimes move slowly to the right and fall off for 0 pts; not clear if they do anything else. They should be moving to the right…?

Pauliboy
    @pauliboy

Angry Birds Pig Days 4-5 (Fun in the sand). On first go, after opening the level for the first time – wait a minute and a couple of stones from the top of the high castle tower fall off for 9160 points before firing any birds.

burpie
    @burpie

@mvnla2 Space 10-2 had a glitch where a gas canister could be made to self-trigger – sometimes for a 0-bird completion:

Angry Birds Space Solar System Level 10-2 Walkthrough

This was only in the initial release of the episode (2.2.0 version). The glitch was fixed in the 2.2.1 update.

I seem to recall that other levels in Solar System had gas canisters where the same thing could happen in the 2.2.0 version, but level 10-2 is the only one I really looked into.

If you want, I could go back to check. I have a backup of 2.2.0 for Android.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Thanks @burpie — If you have the time, I would appreciate knowing about changes.
    Thanks @pauliboy — I seem to have missed you post. Will look at it. I could certainly used more points on that level. Any idea how frequently it happens? What device are you playing on?

Pauliboy
    @pauliboy

@mvnla2 regarding partial collapse on Angry Birds Seasons Pig Days 4-5 before any birds fired for 9160 points: I play on an iPad 2. This partial collapse happens 100% of the time on the first time you play the level after restarting ABS. It takes less than a minute to occur. I haven’t seen it happen after the first time of playing the level, but I haven’t had the patience to investigate it much further. I posted about this before there was a walkthrough on ABN and my scores were nowhere near the high scores on the leaderboard, so I don’t know that it’s that helpful: sorry!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@pauliboy — Very interesting. I also play on an iPad 2 running IOS 8.4, and I haven’t seen it happen yet. What operating system are you using? Maybe I should also ask what model number? (You can find both under settings / general.)
    I tried several times doing a hard close of all open apps, followed by starting Seasons, and immediately PD 4-5. I do see the blocks on the top tower moving to the left very slowly, and they look like they would fall if they would just keep moving, but they don’t. At this point I have tried 10 to 20 restarts of the level, with and without a hard close before, and have waited minutes (while doing something else), and I still haven’t seen a collapse.

Pauliboy
    @pauliboy

@mvnla2 re ABS PD 4-5
    iOS8.4 model ME987B/A (I can see it’s offering to update me to 8.4.1 but I haven’t yet done so). On my iPad the collapse happens 100% of the time at 52 seconds after a hard close and immediately go to 4-5: picture uploaded:- https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/pauliboy/album/picture/15850/

Pauliboy
    @pauliboy

@mvnla2 I have unintentionally misled you: my iPad is an iPad air not an iPad2. Sorry about that.

Kathy
    @kathy

@mvnla2 in not sure if this has been noted ,Tropigal Paradise 2-4 I’ve seen partial collapse on every 3rd or 4th restart of the lower left tower without any points, but i did see a full collapse but I’m not suee how many restarts and i didn’t note the points. I’m still on this level so I’m now trying to keep track. i will update if i have further info.

Kathy
    @kathy

o.k @mvnla2 after 5-6 restarts lower left tower fully collapsed for 27950 points, leaving a clear second shot through the rope to the trigger which i of course missed:/

Kathy
    @kathy

I should add that if you dont see the little verical stone on the left of the lower tower wiggling then restart. if it wiggles then wait up to 30 seconds to maybe 45 seconds

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

See ABSp Cold Cuts 2-5

Kathy
    @kathy

lol @mvnla2 are you leaving yourself notes again hee hee;)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Kathy — It’s the best way to keep track if people don’t post here.

Sglouk
    @sglouk

@mvnla2

OK, so here it is.

Angry Birds Space Cold Cuts level 2-5. Partial (20k-25k) to total (130k+) destruction.

Instability exists since at least v2.0.0.

There is a very slow weakening of leftmost wooden block of central circle. It may be due to the fact that from times to times, leftmost and central circle collide at very slow speed, and contact is done at this block.

No point for 1 or 2 hours, then very slow progress, maybe 100 to 150 points per hour. After 8 to 12 hours, when score reaches around 1150, the wood block finally breaks and the whole circle explodes. Gives around 20k to 25k, but debris from the circle can possibly propagate the explosion to other circles.

Can lead to a 130k 0-birder (reported by @rat9), or a 120k+ one-birder completion.

I made a vid of a not very clever 3-bird completion. You will see that explosion of circle happens when leftmost and central circle gently collide for the last time:

(My first ABN vid)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@sglouk — Great video! Thanks!

Kathy
    @kathy

Wow @sglouk thats pretty impressive, explosive. .i hated that level cuz i didn’t have the patience. Even so when i did play, i never saw a reaction such as that! Is it maybe a glitch, or do you think still a probability?

Kathy
    @kathy

@mvnla2 Piglantis level 1-10 sometimes the top right pig next to the big wooden boulder, rolls of the edge for 5k+ . Not sure how often ,seems like every 10 reaets.I’ll keep an eye . It happens suddenly sometimes as soon as you fling the first bird. I haven’t seen it happens before flinging first bird.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Self-Destroying and Unstable Levels

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.