Self-Destroying and Unstable Levels

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Self-Destroying and Unstable Levels

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 612 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@pointdexter5 — ABO SF 26-7 — I suspect that occasionally the orange bottles start spinning on their own, but so far (maybe 10 restarts), I’m having trouble convincing myself that they even move a different amount from restart to restart.
    Another 30 (~40 total) and still nothing. Another possibility is that the stone blocks to the right of the orange bottles fall, but so far have only seen the slightest hint of settling, let alone anything interesting.
    All this is on iPad. @pointdexter5 — What platform were you playing on?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@theangrybird — Sorry for taking so long, any idea how many points if no bird flung and frequency? What device are you using?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — I think I have summarized the new results to date at the bottom of the previous page. Will add to list later today. There are a few levels with inadequate information:
    ABS AE GE-46: need more info
    ABO SF 26 -7 See Pointdexter’s comment

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

See comments on ABS AE 1-17

ziggyziggyziggy
    @ziggyziggyziggy

Had a 0-birder on ABO BDP 4-7. Large tower started swaying, then collapsed. All piggies killed, 133K score. Am playing on Android.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Ziggyziggyziggy — Thanks for the input. Will include it when I update 1st page. I’ve been kinda busy with all the AB updates. Best excuse I can come up with.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

ABS AE GE-46: need more info
    ABO SF 26 -7 See Pointdexter’s comment
    Added the rest of the comments from the previous page.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@theangrybird — Sorry, I can’t even find your comment. Did I include it in update to the 1st page. This is really bad. Sorry, sorry, sorry. : (

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

ABO SF 26-12

@Vuelva
    gave these instructions: “On iPad hard close AB; restart ab, go to level 26 10, leave level 26 10 (without doing anything), go to level 26 12, reload once, bottom right structure self-destructs.”
    2nd restart: 8120;
    3rd restart = 8590!
    ~6 restart, significant lean to right.
    self-destruction on 3rd restart didn’t happen again; rest of pattern different.
    Tall tower seems inclined to shift to left and pop pink potion after being hit by 1st bird; don’t wait if following to-mock-a-mockingbirds strat

Kathy
    @kathy

ABS Arctic Eggspeditin 1-17
    The right side started to fall to the left as i had already launched bb.. didn’t catch it in time. Will keep my eye on it

@mvnla2

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Thanks @Kathy — Any idea how long it takes? Just did 30 restarts and no destruction, just a couple of interesting leans.
    After about 20 more right tower separated and some fell left and some right for 29320.
    May not be all that helpful.
    ABS AE-17: partial; ~30K, right tower separates falling both left & right; may not help; starts slowly, falls in few sec; ~1/50

Kathy
    @kathy

@mvnla2 I’ve been playing for about an hour and it’s happened twice, but only after I’ve started the bb in motion. I’ll keep at it; )

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Update description of ABO 26-6

Dr O’Neski
    @steviep147

It does it on iPhone as well. Not sure if it’s any advantage. How on earth did you find that gem? I assume that there are others hidden away too. It’s sort of reminiscent of old games on the PC where the compilers used so called “Easter Eggs”. Maybe there are “cheats” as well!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Steviep147 — It was @vuelva (to Mock a Mocking Bird) who found it. Will edit above; should have referenced him. There is another (SF 26-6) found by Vuelva and @ernor63.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Changed main post to update discussion of self-destruction vs. restart number.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

OK, went back to ABO BP 21-14 to see if self-destruction repeatable. This is one of the levels previously studied in 1/13, which in 4/13 seemed no longer to repeat self-destruction.
    Well, guess what, it is now repeatable, but not the same as in 1/13. The only self-destruction seen gave a much lower score. 1st run through 30; second stopped at 16; second identical through 16.
    Should mention that this is on an iPad 2 running IOS 7.
    So here it is:
    1, 2 0
    3 20
    4 0
    5 13000
    6 huge lean, 0
    7 20
    8 lean 0
    9 0
    10, 11, 12: 20
    13, 14, 15: 0
    16 huge lean 0
    beyond 16:
    20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 30 — 0
    17, 21, 22, 28 — 10
    29 — 20
    18, 19 slight lean, some motion, 0

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Mtuppurainen @Maker — Hope you had a great Christmas and time to spend with family and friends.
    Not sure I believe your statement that the occurrence of self-destruction is caused by the limitations of Box2D. This is the new forum on self-destruction; there is a link on the first page to the old forum. Hope you have time to read at least the beginning of the first page and some of the comments on this page about the repeatability of self-destruction.
    As usual, your colleagues at Rovio are driving me crazy by making changes in the statistics of self-destruction. It would be really nice if you could get them to tell me how they vary the physical parameters / object placement in the AB games to give seemingly random occurrence of self-destruction, and instability.
    As an “old school” programmer (would you believe Fortran, or even the more modern Mathematica, MatLab, and MathCad), I am stuck on the belief that if you run the same program twice, you should get the same answer, even if it has lost all it’s significant figures. Assuming, of course, that you have correctly initialized everything.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

ABO BP 21-14
    Opened another level in SF after restart; did nothing; then opened BP 21-14; no destruction up to 10 restarts.
    Opened 21-14 immediately after restart; same as previously (13000 on restart 5).
    Opened BP 21-10, then 21-14
    10th restart 43650! (count could be off by 1)
    repeats
    21-11 then 21-14
    no SD in 11
    21-12 then 21-14
    no SD in ~11
    21-13 then 21-14
    2nd: 41460!
    5?: 37240
    repeats
    no more SD through 11?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

This is beyond frustrating!
    ABO BDP 19-13 Does not repeat after hard close and restart!
    Not to mention that SD scores aren’t nearly as high as they used to be.
    Somewhat closer repeatability on 2nd and 3 restart.

SeasonsKing
    @theangrybird

@mvnla2 — Sorry for not replying, was away.

Anyway, it only happens after a bird is flung, frequency’s more like 1/10 – 1/25(?). And I’m using a IPad 2.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@theangrybird — I think you are talking about ABS AE GE-46?? Previously you implied that it sometimes partially self-destructed without a bird being flung?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@theangrybird –I guess I don’t see what you described as self-destruction, but it could be an unstable level. If so, need to know a lot more about exactly where you flung the 1st bird, what trajectory, and what happened (more precise than just “the concrete blocks on the top falling”). Which blocks exactly?

@mvnla2, thank you for referencing me as ‘her’, but it should be ‘him’. wrt self- destruction sequences: i guess that any level having self-destruction at all does have such sequences. this is based on several assumptions, eg that ab uses a random number generator with a fixed (upon restart) seed value to set up levels, that this generator is really random in the sense that every possible setup will eventually be generated, and that the physics engine used is deterministic, … each and all of which may turn out to be false (eg the last seems to be false for bubbles,tnt,… maybe they have real-time aspects?). in general these sequences are device dependent, will be hard to find, may be long, and some may be better than others wrt follow-up shots, but in case of strategies relying on partial self-destruction it may pay off to search for ones that are relatively short and good, providing one with a good and fixed starting point for further play in that level.

edit: to test the above hypothesis briefly looked at level 5 11, and on my first try stumbled on: enter 5 11, leave 5 11, enter 5 10, leave 5 10, enter 5 11, reload. on my device this will not only give 80pts but, more importantly, make the stone slab slide down exposing the tnt for an easy 70k+ 2-birder (not the best of scores, but enough to provide support for the hypothesis).

SeasonsKing
    @theangrybird

@mvnla2 — Yes, I’m talking about golden egg 46 (the first AE golden egg found at 1-1). But it only happens to me after a bird flung, so I thought that it might happen even before a bird being flung, just very rarely.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Self-Destroying and Unstable Levels

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.