Please post any self-destroying (total or partial destruction with no birds shot) or unstable levels (become unstable after a bird shot) that are not on this list.
Game, level, whole or partial destruction, range of scores, frequency, wait time.
Description of shots required to cause instability also needed.
Please note that many of the top scores on the leaderboards were obtained using self-destruction or instabilities, and it is totally acceptable to take advantage of these. In fact, on some levels, it is impossible to get a top score without using self-destruction or instability.
As Rovio releases new updates, and as operating systems are upgraded, the results for self destruction are changing. Some levels no longer appear to have the self-destruction described below, even without any obvious change (like a block preventing a pig from rolling off).
Intentionally or unintentionally on the part of Rovio, the dependence of self-destruction on restart number (demonstrated on 1/14/13) has changed, possibly more than once if you are using the latest game versions. On 1/4/13 some interesting, repeatable behavior related to scores and number of resets after logging out of game were reported by an un-named member, click here . The score for self-destruction appeared to be a function of the number of level resets made after exiting the game. I verified similar behavior on iPad.
Although this complete dependence of self-destruction results on restarts no longer occurred when last checked, some dependence on restart has been observed (12/13) on ABO Short Fuse (26-6 and 26-12).
Please note that all golden eggs (GE’s) are at end of listing for game. Please let me know if you find any out-of-order.
I’ve moved the complete list to Google Docs.
As of 02/07/16, I think the clickable table of contents is working again.
Complete list on Google Docs (updated 2/6/16)
Directions for using clickable table of contents:
Click on the title you want to skip to. You should get a drop-down menu with a single header name. Click on the header name in the drop-down menu, and it should take you to the section you want.
These are some of my favorite self-destroying and unstable levels. Not sure if all/any still work, but you might enjoy reading comments on the walkthroughs.
Favorite Self-Destroying Levels
Angry Birds Seasons
• ABS Piglantis 2-2: Partial, 15 – 17K; Occasionally the pigs on the raft on the far right will explode or break loose: mini explosion also possible spontaneously or when flinging a bird up by the raft; may leave a pig under the slingshot. The raft seems to fall on its own fairly often and will happen within 10s or so; something seems to happen ~1/10. Not clear if this still happens.
Angry Birds Space
• ABSp DZ-4: Total self-destruction was possible before ABSp v 1.5.0; may no longer be possible, but can still be used to get above average; see discussion details and previous page. In older versions total destruction was possible after hours (all night?), see discussion in walkthrough, usually required many overnight runs to get total destruction
Favorite Unstable Levels
Angry Birds (original)
• ABO GE 23: Hit clock correctly and it will cause massive destruction, up to 120K?, you may need to wait a while (1min?) for this to happen; also left pig under tree is above ground and falls, giving 40 pts
Angry Birds Seasons
• ABS ACB 2-9; if first YB hits TNT in blue circle just right, wheel starts spinning rapidly and destroys everything for 130 to 140K
• ABS GE 12: “You Tube”: Hit glass around “Tube” correctly and it will start oscillating destroying most of level, ~100K???, glass starts oscillating right away. See comments by HallieGinSB on Jan 16, 2012 at 8:31 pm about 2/3 the way down.
• ABS GE 20: (big basket), Hit pile of fruit in right spot with 1st 2 birds and you get the spinning flower / fruit, which can cause complete destruction, 75 to 100+K, short wait (~sec) for flower / fruit to detach from rest
Angry Birds Space
• ABSp S-15; As of ver. 2.0.0, it is still possible to get the glitch, but much, much harder, and it wasn’t easy to begin with; see comments on walkthrough; glitch can lead to very high scores >>200K, after 1st shot, if raft attached to boat on upper right lands softly on upper planet, it can stay there for hours accumulating points; may or may not need to send 2nd bird to pop pig
Angry Birds Star Wars
• ABSW Moon of Endor: Several levels are unstable, resulting in high scores. Mechanism is usually interaction of laser shots from AT-ST with wood log. Read all posts on walkthroughs for details. Levels are classified as unstable if there is a glitch that gives a score noticeably higher than those without. Unstable levels: 5-5: >140K; 5-20: ~1M; AT-ST destroyed, log lands on leg 5-23: high 80′s
This thread has been recreated from an “old” thread. It may be worthwhile to check the previous thread for even more info! Click here to go there!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.