Self-Destroying and Unstable Levels

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Self-Destroying and Unstable Levels

• Please post any self-destroying (total or partial destruction with no birds shot) or unstable levels (become unstable after a bird shot) that are not on this list.
    Details requested:
    Game, level, whole or partial destruction, range of scores, frequency, wait time.
    Description of shots required to cause instability also needed.

Please note that many of the top scores on the leaderboards were obtained using self-destruction or instabilities, and it is totally acceptable to take advantage of these. In fact, on some levels, it is impossible to get a top score without using self-destruction or instability.

As Rovio releases new updates, and as operating systems are upgraded, the results for self destruction are changing. Some levels no longer appear to have the self-destruction described below, even without any obvious change (like a block preventing a pig from rolling off).

Intentionally or unintentionally on the part of Rovio, the dependence of self-destruction on restart number (demonstrated on 1/14/13) has changed, possibly more than once if you are using the latest game versions. On 1/4/13 some interesting, repeatable behavior related to scores and number of resets after logging out of game were reported by an un-named member, click here . The score for self-destruction appeared to be a function of the number of level resets made after exiting the game. I verified similar behavior on iPad.

Although this complete dependence of self-destruction results on restarts no longer occurred when last checked, some dependence on restart has been observed (12/13) on ABO Short Fuse (26-6 and 26-12).

Please note that all golden eggs (GE’s) are at end of listing for game. Please let me know if you find any out-of-order.

I’ve moved the complete list to Google Docs.
    As of 02/07/16, I think the clickable table of contents is working again.

Complete list on Google Docs (updated 2/6/16)
    Directions for using clickable table of contents:
    Click on the title you want to skip to. You should get a drop-down menu with a single header name. Click on the header name in the drop-down menu, and it should take you to the section you want.

These are some of my favorite self-destroying and unstable levels. Not sure if all/any still work, but you might enjoy reading comments on the walkthroughs.

Favorite Self-Destroying Levels

Angry Birds Seasons
    • ABS Piglantis 2-2: Partial, 15 – 17K; Occasionally the pigs on the raft on the far right will explode or break loose: mini explosion also possible spontaneously or when flinging a bird up by the raft; may leave a pig under the slingshot. The raft seems to fall on its own fairly often and will happen within 10s or so; something seems to happen ~1/10. Not clear if this still happens.

Angry Birds Space
    • ABSp DZ-4: Total self-destruction was possible before ABSp v 1.5.0; may no longer be possible, but can still be used to get above average; see discussion details and previous page. In older versions total destruction was possible after hours (all night?), see discussion in walkthrough, usually required many overnight runs to get total destruction

Favorite Unstable Levels

Angry Birds (original)
    • ABO GE 23: Hit clock correctly and it will cause massive destruction, up to 120K?, you may need to wait a while (1min?) for this to happen; also left pig under tree is above ground and falls, giving 40 pts

Angry Birds Seasons
    • ABS ACB 2-9; if first YB hits TNT in blue circle just right, wheel starts spinning rapidly and destroys everything for 130 to 140K
    • ABS GE 12: “You Tube”: Hit glass around “Tube” correctly and it will start oscillating destroying most of level, ~100K???, glass starts oscillating right away. See comments by HallieGinSB on Jan 16, 2012 at 8:31 pm about 2/3 the way down.
    • ABS GE 20: (big basket), Hit pile of fruit in right spot with 1st 2 birds and you get the spinning flower / fruit, which can cause complete destruction, 75 to 100+K, short wait (~sec) for flower / fruit to detach from rest

Angry Birds Space
    • ABSp S-15; As of ver. 2.0.0, it is still possible to get the glitch, but much, much harder, and it wasn’t easy to begin with; see comments on walkthrough; glitch can lead to very high scores >>200K, after 1st shot, if raft attached to boat on upper right lands softly on upper planet, it can stay there for hours accumulating points; may or may not need to send 2nd bird to pop pig

Angry Birds Star Wars
    • ABSW Moon of Endor: Several levels are unstable, resulting in high scores. Mechanism is usually interaction of laser shots from AT-ST with wood log. Read all posts on walkthroughs for details. Levels are classified as unstable if there is a glitch that gives a score noticeably higher than those without. 
Unstable levels:
5-5: >140K; 
5-20: ~1M; AT-ST destroyed, log lands on leg
5-23: high 80′s

This thread has been recreated from an “old” thread. It may be worthwhile to check the previous thread for even more info! Click here to go there!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 612 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

ABO RMF 23-3 — Continue to monitor for any reports.
    ABO GE-30: partial; 30 pts to ~700 pts; starts with 30 pts quickly, very slowly increases; may be caused by upper suction hitting fan.
    This has been running now for 1.5 hrs and is up to 1870. I thought it had stalled at ~1100.
    Now 1.75 hrs and 2120 pts! Now 2240
    Stopped at 2 hrs and 2370 pts. Noticeable cracks in upper right suction device. Bottom edge of helicopter rotor is jagged and attachment to boxes moves L/R.
    Will have to try overnight.
    Everything is quiet for long stretches, interrupted by violent shaking. Gives hope that the top suction machine will break off entirely.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all I think I have updated the list for everything posted as of noon 11/16/13. Please let me know if I missed anything.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Is anyone interested in looking for total self destruction in ABO GE-30 (RMF)? If it happens, it is most likely a wait-overnight level like DZ-4. Of course, it hasn’t happened so far for me, but it does look promising.
    So far I have seen partial self-destruction. Level starts out rapidly with ~30 pts increasing in a few minutes to 60 to 100 pts. I have seen ~1K after ~30 min and up to 2+K after an hour or two. First overnight run stalled at ~1700.
    Points accumulate from shaking of upper right suction device, which causes it to bang against helicopter blade and fan. At ~500 pts you can see damage to the suction device, on sides and upper rim. At 2000 pts the lower surface of the helicopter blades are jagged and the helicopter support is moving from side to side.
    Everything is quiet for long stretches, interrupted by violent shaking of the suction device. I think this behavior is caused by the fact that the helicopter is made by the Bad Piggies, and doesn’t run that smoothly; so when the vibrations of the blade, engine, and fan all synch up appropriately, it causes violent shaking.
    Gives hope that the top suction machine will break off entirely.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

ABO GE-30 (RMF):
    So far have run overnight twice and not even as many points as previously reported.
    Don’t think I will bother running during the day when I am doing other things, because so far doesn’t progress very quickly.
    Have not even tried to figure out if damage to suction device helps or hurts final score. Would be a tragedy in my view if device is destroyed and no significant further damage.

SweetP
    @sweetp

@mvnla2 – On RMF 23-2, I noticed what triggers the left tower to start swaying after launching the first bird.
    As red flies over the tower, activating its power feathers rapidly rotating causes a vibrating wave from the centrifugal force and hits the top of the tower. The tower will start swaying and hopefully collapse. Thus, the nearer the bird is to the tower when activating its power, the more likely you’ll get it to collapse.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@SweetP — Thanks! very interesting observation. It is always interesting when people see some self-destruction after a bird is flung, but before it hits, but no one sees it when no birds flung. I wonder if there is something even less obvious that happens in levels other than RMF?

SweetP
    @sweetp

ABO RMF 23-7: I don’t know if it’s been mentioned when originally noted, but the self-collapse of the left tower happens within 20 secs to a couple of minutes. If you wait BEFORE flinging the first bird, it happens after every reset. The vacuum motors have enough suction force to create the left tower to start shaking and then swaying to the right. Sometimes, the wood triangle, glass and cement blocks on the tiny pig in the top will fall to the left first.

SweetP
    @sweetp

@mvnla2 for ABO RMF 23-9, please add: The right tower starts swaying about 2 seconds after opening this level, and slooowly shifts to the right. After about 5 mins, everything from the roof to the wood blocks in the middle falls over. I’ve had starting scores of 13K-19K before launching the first bird. I would guess that this happens in about 9-13 resets.

Also, the middle structure will start swaying. Although I haven’t seen any collapse yet the three small stones on the left of the pig will fall over, for 30-40 points. I’ve seen it happen a few times, maybe twice in a dozen resets.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@sweetp — Looking at ABO RMF 23-7 — On iPad running IOS7; SweetP is on Android
    Doesn’t happen every time on iPad unless SweetP is a lot more patient than I, but 10/12 is not bad ; ).
    1 — 31930 — after couple min tower fell and exploded TNT
    2 — 0 after 5 min
    3 — 7830 in <1 min; top of tower fell left; lower pig on pedestal fell off; nothing more at 5 min
    4 — 0 after 5 min
    5 — 2590 in ~30 sec; top of tower fell left; nothing more after 5 min
    6 — 21290 after 1.5 min; stone block fell on TNT, but far left tower did not fall; nothing more at 5 min.
    7 — 29990 after 2 min; both left towers fell, exploded TNT; nothing more @ 5
    8 — 32620 after 3 min; left tower left other right; some damage to right structure.
    9 — 7700 in ~30 sec; left fell left; 28590 at ~3 min; second tower exploded TNT
    10 — 36060 — untimed / long
    11 — 33540 <1 min
    12 — 31680 — ~2 min
    13 — 32080 in ~2 min– What’s with this, eating lunch and hoping for one that doesn’t self destroy in first 5 min, and they all are.
    14 — Finally, now that I’ve finished lunch, this one doesn’t seem inclined to any self destruction even after 15 min.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@SweetP — ABO RMF 23-7
    1 — 0; seems to have stopped
    2 — 0
    Up to 10 — nothing; maybe this restarts after seeming to stop?
    11 — 14110 — after 5 min, right tower never stopped rocking; fell right; only top pig and above
    12 — 1550; 5 min

SweetP
    @sweetp

Wow, @mvnla2 that’s a whole lot more research than I expected! Thank you for taking the time to create these statistics! It seems so random, as far as frequency and what does/does not fall over. I’m pretty sure after your second set of trials, the amount of incidents are greatly reduced. Also think that if you were to back out all the way to the episode selection screen or even all the way to the game start, then back into 23-7 there could be a “regeneration” of a cycle of incidents? I’m not sure, just guessing this could be the case.

I certainly can see you have a lot more patience than I do! But I wasn’t going for the statistics, just revisiting to improve my old scores, and noticed it was being noted in the walkthrough.

When I’m done with RMF, I’ll go back and see if I can do a more detailed report for you.

Happy Flinging!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@SweetP — Unfortunately was not able to improve my score on either level. : ((
    As for resetting after exiting game and restarting, there are some comments above at the top of the main post and a link to the old discussion on this issue. Less than 1 yr ago!!! the behavior was completely repeatable, down to score vs. reset, but varied between devices. Rovio has changed something (added another level of “randomness”) so this is no longer true.

PJng
    @pjng

New GE 31 ABO, after lvl start a few sec will get 220 pts, middle of strutur are moving.

@mvnla2

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Pjng — Thanks, will take a look.
    GE ABO #31 — After seeing what the highscore is on this level, I think it’s superfluous to include self-destruction of 220 pts.
    Now, if the blue bottles fell by themselves, that would be something!

sparty83
    @sparty83

Angry Birds (original) Short Fuse level 26-6. Happens about once every 20-25 resets. IN the pic below,I have about 64K. The right top tower falls right.

http://angrybir.de/1eBx8ou

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Thanks @Sparty83!
    Did you see it happen more than once? On my iPad, I would say it’s more like 1/50.
    10th reset 56780
    97 — 64730

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Check comments on ABO 25-5

SilverBird
    @silverbird

ABO Short Fuse, level 26-6: Right tower shakes on opening, collapses within seconds. If the debris detonates the TNT, the initial score can be as high as 80,000 – same as with YB. Total score was around 120,000.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Thanks @SilverBird! May not have time today to catch up, given that it’s Thanksgiving, and the cooking will start soon.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@SilverBird @Sparty83 — What devices are you playing on, and what operating system? Didn’t happen all that often for me.

Kathy
    @kathy

@mvnla2 Wreck the Halls 1-1 the second tower in from the left slides downward to the right, no points bit just thought you may want to add it.

SilverBird
    @silverbird

Happy Thanksgiving, @MVNLA2! IPad, latest IOS 7. It happens somewhere between 25-50 restarts for me.
    The left tower can also become unstable and collapse after the first bird, btw, more rarely than the right tower collapse – maybe 1/100? It’s never high-scoring (not enough damage, and you still have to kill the helmet pig). It will be interesting to see if both collapses can happen in the same turn!

PJng
    @pjng

@mvnla2, •Angry Birds Free (original) it direct to achviment page

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@PJng — Sorry — I don’t understand what you’re talking about??? Is this a bug or a self-destroying level?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Kathy — Thanks, WtH 1-1 is already on the list, but it sounds like you saw something slightly different. Will check.
    Interesting — You’d think that with all that leaning, you could get some self-destruction, or at least a couple of points. I saw it lean so far to the right that it was resting on the upright beam of the center tower, so I guess it won’t fall.
    Do you think the lean helps get a higher score?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Self-Destroying and Unstable Levels

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.