Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,151 through 1,175 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

@Twisted Lemon: same DC for me 4-5-6, I also thought it is impossible, but it can be One-bird-deal!

I have got a real good advice from a friend: save Bubbles till the last room and throw him in a high arch between the boss and the wooden trunk, then inflate – it will kick the boss to the left off the scene and all is done :))) good luck!

KPP was also easy, no gems needed :)

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same here, made it to the boss once, and never again after switching to Bubbles.

Angry Birds Fan
    @angrybirdsdude

Wow, the Bubbles trick actually worked.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Same DC routine, round 3 was pretty tough. One of the earlier room has 2 pigs sat on balloons really high up that you can only take out with Bomb, Chuck or Matilda. I could barely survive it and got into the boss only a few times with either 1 or 0 birds…which is totally fun.

With these types of DCs, I always wonder if they’re ever given test runs by whoever designs them, or if they’re just put thrown together without much thought, or purposely designed to be way too hard and just shipped out without being tested first. Maybe they’re randomly generated and the “modifier” or whatever is set way too high in terms of difficulty. It’s really…bizarre that it’s like that and it makes you question how much thought or logic goes into them.

After a load of retires I got into the boss room with just Bomb (forgot to screenshot but it’s a water-based room). I just tossed Bomb at the boss to see what would happen. Somehow he pushed the boss into a pile of TNT which in turn blasted him up and out the map to the left.

Super easy KPP to follow, though I did spent gems on the 3rd boss as I knew I would be able to finish him off with just 2 birds, which I did. Also was done didn’t want to waste more time on retrying the KPP after I’d done just that for the DC.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Sounds like the same DC I had. Too many junk filled rooms to clear without using 3 birds per room, unless you get a shot where the debris just happens to go the right way. Managed to lucky after few tries and when all the explosive pigs detonated, it launched the boss up and to the right and off the screen.

KPP rounds 1 and 2 were easy, but I ran out of time since Round 3 kept giving me problems, even though I’ve seen it before and beaten it before. Had to leave for Thanksgiving so I left the game open while in Round 1, hoping to try later. When I got home, the game restarted so that was it for the day. Oh well.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Same DC formula, round 3 is doable but annoying. All that for this boss room (pictured borrowed from page 44):

Not even going to bother again, this boss is an insta-quit for me. I got in with 4 birds after an average run with some lucky shots and debris taking out pigs but I won’t be relying on that.

I know there’s a trick you can do with Bubbles where you can launch the boss out to the right, but I can’t be bothered retrying over and over until I A) Enter the boss room with Bubbles B) can pull off the shot without messing up and C) the boss flies out correctly. I don’t have the patience to keep attempting it until all those boxes get ticked.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

same DC here (4-5-6) and insta-quit – very well said Twisted Lemon, 100% agree! It is not worth wasting time…

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same here, but only made it to the boss once. Every other attempt died before the boss. Too many random pigs surviving to leave me any birds by the time I made it to the boss.

Nik
    @nik-handson

I got this as the boss level in a 3-3-4. I was annoyed at being able to take 5 birds to the stage, which still wasn’t enough even with good hits, so sent Rovio a message asking their developers to stop using this level with a blocked exit and got the below response.

Boss Stage

message back from rovio

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Well Nik at least they acknowledged your criticism. Everyone here is sick of impossible boss rooms with blocked exits. I got that room recently in the single-player levels and was stuck on it for about 3 days. I spent several sessions using all my lives up just trying to beat it with no luck.

Eventually I got a super lucky run and entered in with like 8 birds and ended up getting the boss down below and pounding him to death. There is an alternate version of that room, it’s the exact same thing only the exit isn’t blocked. That version is fair, this one isn’t. There was nothing fun at all with being stuck with an impossible boss level and knowing you just have to keep trying it until you get a load of birds to use on the boss.

That’s the only way to beat blocked exit boss rooms, you just need to get in with as many birds as possible and hope you can kill him with only direct hits, which is stupid lazy design and not fun at all. If they removed/fixed all the blocked exit boss rooms then the DCs and KPPs would be way more enjoyable.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

@nik-handson, you can use Stella to float the boss pig up and off to the right.

Nik
    @nik-handson

@aggieguy yea, I’ve seen that suggested here before, that was my first move, however I must’ve timed it wrong as the boss hit the ledge and fell into the flowers on the right. I then used the remaining 4 birds to try to smash it to death, but to no avail :(

@oliverfrancis
    I can’t remember getting the blocked exit version of this room on the map, but it might’ve taken, or would take 20-30 goes before pity mode kicks in and allows me to beat it… or as Aggie mentioned re: Stella and getting a decent shot with her in!

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Nik I got it on in the 1810-1830 region, can’t remember which one exactly.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

4-4-5 DC beaten on the first attempt:

KPP was super easy.

garethw
    @garethw

@aggieguy – Nope doesn’t work can’t float Stella out that way went off to the top right and came down from out of screen.

Had 8 birds at this today on KPP – Stella first – barely half damage – won’t waste my time again.

Piggsy
    @piggsy

Today got stage that posted @nik-handson few message above. After few attempts I beat it with Hal whom knocked the boss to the left behind slingshot. Before I used Hal I popped the little pig near Boss Pig to clear a way. I made it just once.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

4-4-5 DC which took me a way too many retries to beat:

KPP starts off with the blocked-off exit boss room Nik posted above. One of the worst designed bosses ever; unless you have Stella available and can time her ability perfectly to float the boss out over the right side, this one is near-impossible.

Even if I striked the 1st room, 2-shot the 2nd and got in with 8 birds, that still wasn’t enough as I could only get him down to about 25% health by knocking him down to the bottom section and slamming him with birds. The non-blocked exit version is at least fair.

I changed to Stella and managed to float him out; it works but the angle and timing has to be perfect…but seriously though, a boss that can only be beaten if you have one specific birds is pretty lazy and poor design.

The rest of the bosses were fine, and did finish the 3rd boss off after getting 3 more birds but got a free rare chest out of it so not all bad.

AngryBoston
    @ogandzyuk

Twisted Lemon, so usually this room from DC works: hit and put fat pig down into the hole, and then use Stella from the underwater flower. I have seen people firing Terrence or other birds from there, but I know that Stella is 99% secure option.

Regarding KPP, the one that Nik posted – strike with Bubbles, by hitting left pig and going under boss – then activate and see big pig flying off the screen. I have seen others doing strike with Hal, I tried few times, but no luck, but at least I know Bubbles work.

Buster
    @doulgas

I agree with Twisted Lemon on the DC. It’s actually pretty easy if you use the underwater flower. I’ve done it with several different birds as long as there are no obstructions in the way.

I’ve finally got it in my head that the flowers are usually there for a reason, especially they’re tucked away somewhere apparently obscure.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

That DC boss is easy, it was just the 3rd round being mildly annoying to get through without wasting too many birds that made it take ages to get past. As long as I can get in with at least 4 birds, I know I’ll have no problem with beating it.

From experience, you need to use 1 disposable bird i.e Chuck, Red or Blues, to knock him into the right pool of water, and then if you’re lucky, 1 additional bird to boot him up and over the right. This is best done with any boss heavy-hitters like Terrence, Bomb, Stella, Silver and Bubbles.

If that doesn’t work then it’s always good to have 2+ birds as backup so you can try booting him over again; often he’ll hit one or both balloons and bounce back down, so having a couple birds in reserve is always a good thing.

Stella as you said is pretty much the best option as she will float him over reliably. If I’d had Bomb available I would’ve got the boss down and then tossed Bomb into the top flower so that he could clear the crap away from the edge to make things easier.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Had the same DC as Lemon, but it was 4-5-6 and never got to the boss room except once. If I had known which room it was, I would have saved different birds and probably could have beat it, but not with Chuck and Blues. Too many rooms with 2-3 micropigs in random, out of the way places, junk in the way of pig structures, and just the usual cases of random micropigs which survived anything and everything.

@garethw
    , you can float the boss pig out with Stella on that room. I’ve done it multiple times.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

My DC was back to 4-5-6 again. I used Bubbles for round 3 and it worked nicely for me. I managed to strike the 1st room with Matilda and 2-shot the second, which made it way easier to progress through. The boss room:

Knocked him into the right pool with Bubbles, sent Terrence into the right flowers so that he’d clear the exit. Got a 2nd Bubbles from the meter so I sent him through the water and launched the boss out the right side:

KPP was pretty easy. 1st boss I got in with at least 7 birds; it’s just an enclosed room with slides all around, and the boss will do laps on the slides and slowly gets damaged when he lands on one platform at the end before going back on the slides. Extra birds are used to push him back on if he lands safely.

2nd boss was this one which I 1-shot with Bubbles (just throw him against the bamboo thing and he’ll shove the boss out the left side):

3rd boss was this one; the boss starts between the two middle buildings on a platform which I destroyed with Blues and then booted the boss out the right with Silver:

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Easy DC, but the KPP was crap on round 3. Too many rooms that take 3+ birds leaving few if any. I had Silver and Blues left. Plus got another Silver and got the pig into a spot where I thought I could easily win so used gem. All I ended up getting was this crap.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Couldn’t do the DC today, round 3 was just utterly absurd, every room taking 3 birds on average. I really can’t be bothered with this “no room for error” rubbish that requires no mistakes, it’s just not fun.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Today’s DC round 3 was annoying, lots of pigs all over the place and out of the way to get you to waste birds. I kept running out of birds on the 4th and 5th rooms. Made it to the boss twice, once with no birds, the 2nd time with Bubbles (screenshot is of the 2nd attempt) and it was this one:

After seeing the boss room the 1st time I deliberately made sure I would have Bubbles when entering, as you can just toss him behind the boss and fling him out the left side, which I did this time. You could probably do a similar thing with Stella, otherwise you’d be 100% screwed. KPP was doable until round 3 which was just obnoxious so I quit trying after a few retires.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 1,151 through 1,175 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.