Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 901 through 925 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

Same DC for me, it was 3-3-4, but disaster as well. It’s possible to get the boss down from his platform with yellow bird aiming through the black hole, or with Mathilda, like Buster said. But with a blocked exit on the left it’s all useless. Whatever you do, the boss will always land there, I tried many times.  You cannot reach this spot because of the fans, maybe except you have 100 birds and unlimited luck. Quitting is the only way to deal with this stupid level. Oh guys, it’s so annoying!

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Unfortunately I didn’t have Matilda available, which I see how that would maybe work, but even then the blocked exit would stop you from winning unless you have a load of birds at your disposal.

So not only do you need to get to the boss room with Matilda,  you also have to aim her at the black hole at just right angle, then use her ability at the right time, and then hope that she flies into the platform and breaks it. That’s far too much criteria that needs to be fulfilled, and at that point it’s not even worth the time.

That’s honestly the mark of a badly designed boss room, where only one specific bird is able to do something specific that allows you to keep working. If you don’t have that bird, you’re screwed and have to restart, or hope that you can get another bird to miraculously do what you need.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

I agree @Twisted Lemon, really badly designed…

but as I wrote, you can get down the boss with other birds, I did it several times with the yellow bird, or even with the blues it worked once. The problem is the blocked exit…

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

The only way I’ve ever beat that room is dumb luck and it only happened once. Piggy caught the fans and black hole just right, and got launched off the screen to the left.

Edit: Since the final room is crap, I gave up after the first try. Never made it past room 2 in round 3. One freaking micropig ended up buried and nothing could get to him until Bomb which I couldn’t get until I had 3 birds left.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

Today a big big big surprise: DC was 2-3-4!!! and no problem at all :)))

KPP had also 3 good levels, even if I payed 60 gems for the last one, cause I was lazy and had not enough time for repeating.

And if Rovio gives us a nice and fair game, I’m absolutely willing to pay for the last level from time to time. Just hope it will stay like this…

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Strange, I had another usual 4-5-6. Forgot to take a screenshot but it was pretty simply with only a few birds, just had to knock the boss off a platform down into an ice chasm type thing, then I threw Terrance down and he slammed into the boss and stuck to him, dealing constant damage while pushing the boss along the ice until the boss died. KPP was easy and I did it first try.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

4-5-6 DC for me as well.

Still trying the KPP. Can get to the final boss every time, but either with the wrong birds, or not enough. I know how to beat it, actually it is very straight forward, but it just takes more birds than the game will leave by the time I get there.

Buzzeeee
    @buzzeeee

Yeah, I’ve had impossible final rooms on the DC for four days in a row, which might be some kind of a record.  Boring.  Today’s is another where they’ve closed off the exits so unless you use up major amounts of gems and just keep pounding the boss you can’t win.  No thanks.  There’s a difference  between challenging rooms and rooms that are lazily designed to just use up gems.  I play challenging rooms; gemsucker rooms get no gems from me.

Maybe they’re trying to do some kind of “See Zeta wasn’t so bad, these rooms are even worse” thing, but Zeta was bad and this is tedious and unless they start providing some genuinely winnable DCs in the next day or two, I’m out.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

Can understand Buzzeeee very well, same situation for me the last weeks. Hopefully just an unlucky streak… keep fingers crossed for improvement

To my big surprise yesterday’s DC was really easy and today again it was ok.

I had 3-3-4, the normal exit of the final room was blocked, but I had 6 birds left and got another bird which finally killed the boss.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Today’s DC wasn’t too bad. The picture is of a failed attempt; I thought I could push the boss into that lower right hole and the waterfall would kill him. Turns out the rocks that I thought were background scenery, were actually physical so the boss got stuck in that hole. I retried a few times and eventually got the boss to fly into the black hole and get tossed out the room to the right (he starts to the left on a structure so use the flowers to send him into the black hole).

KPP was pretty easy, did it on my first try. The final room is a room that I mentioned before (my first post on page 34, another player had the same issue) where the alternate version has a hidden portal that’s off screen by the top-right slide, which keeps sending the boss back to the main area. Well thankfully I got this normal version which doesn’t have that hidden portal, so you just need to push the boss onto the slime slides and he’s done for.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

I had the same DC and KPP as Twisted Lemon. I was thrilled to see it was the version with the missing portal, so it was easy.

It has been months since I have had anything but 4-5-6 on the DC and 3-4-5 on the KPP. Playing the iPad version.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same DC for me, but after the first try, I gave up.  Had too much to do and didn’t have time to try again.  Oh well.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

DC was a pain, but doable.  The KPP  not so much. Round 2 was it for me since the boss always ended up on the far right and impossible to reach.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

@AggieGuy – same for me, DC ok, I was lucky with first attempt. Then I made it once through level 3 of KPP but had too less birds left. It was an iceworld level, no idea how many birds are needed, lots of blowings and slippery stuff… not worth any gems or another try.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I retried the DC several times, eventually getting to the boss room with enough birds and,beat it after buying the extra birds because I had had enough. I know how to beat it with only a few birds, but the 5 rooms leading up to it consume most of your supply so I had to replay round 3 again and again until you get a perfect run. Seems to be a common things with the DCs/KPPs.

KPP was silly, as @aggieguy pointed out. Round 1 was easy. Round 2 requires lots of luck with the boss staying in the fans and rolling back into them if he goes off to the right. If he goes too far to the right then he sits there out of reach unless you can break the structure above him and have that crush him, or send Matilda/Silver flying above him and then doing their ability down onto him. If you even have that many birds to spare, that is.

Round 2 forced me to retry over and over until I got lucky and had the boss stayed within the fans while Terrance bounced around and smashed him around and then somehow the boss was blow up to the right and went over the building. Round 3 I ended up getting 3 more birds and getting the win as I really couldn’t be bothered doing it again.

maverick
    @maverick78

2-2-3 dc for me today.  I almost never have more than one 4 rooms in the dc, but I also have never spent gems on dc.  My typical dc is 2-3-3 or 2-3-4.  One attempt only since rovio screws me with no extra video bird, and I’m out, and I won’t waste time playing  the shit rng  kpp, unless it’s part of the daily quest

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

DC and KPP were both mediocre today. Won both with 3 extra birds merely because I didn’t want to retry them for the 10th time. DC boss was probably doable without the extra birds but I kept getting in with 2-3 which isn’t enough. KPP was easy until the 3rd boss which isn’t obnoxious due to the angles and land that’s just in the way (you’ll know what I mean).

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Worthless DC today.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

4-4-5 this was today’s DC for me, finished in second attempt without gems :)

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

and this was today’s first level of KPP – blocked exit = useless to play

do not spend time or money for such annoying levels!

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

@schweinvogel Same boss room but I had 4-5-6, as usual. Got in with 3 birds on the second try and couldn’t beat it. Not going to waste any more time with this one; I tried a few times and I just run out of birds, mainly thanks to this stupid room:
    If the rooms before the boss didn’t eat up so many birds I would maybe have a chance. Also if the KPP is like that too then I won’t even bother trying to get to it; blocked exists are unfair and I give my middle finger to those rooms.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Stella can float piggy off to the right on that KPP room.

AngryBoston
    @ogandzyuk

Twisted, I had same level. FP780, never even approached final room with Boss. It’s crazy. Tried so many times. P.S. Rovio, eat your own ***, as I promised you – no more money ever spent on you, and I keep recruiting for the same others.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

One of the worst DC boss rounds. 1000% gem sucker as the pig is virtually immortal.

Schweinvogel
    @schweinvogel

I had a different DC today which was ok. AggieGuy’s DC is a reason to quit immediately… in former times it was a nice level, got down the boss with the blues and then push all the debris over him, done. But in this ‘modern’ version the boss is immortal…. so annoying!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 901 through 925 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.