Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 1,864 total)
  • Replies
  • RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

I often wonder if anyone at Rovio actually tries to play the game. These kind of “impossible missions” like that KPP room 2 are too common to happen just by mistake. Do they really expect players part with their money easier if they make game more unplayable?

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@rawdatasystems I’m wondering how long it’s going to take for every last drop of fun to be squeezed out of playing it, and the game to become nothing more than a bunch of buttons to pay gems/ watch ads. It’s almost at that point now.

BTW today’s DC is another 4-5-5 (be prepared to waste all your birds on wave 3.4) with a KP that is +1000000 health and +1000000 gravity so he lands on the trampolines and bounces in one place up and down for eternity. I decked him with every possible rock setup in that screen AND with 4 birds, life bar wasn’t even down to 1/2. One of those was a direct hit from Bomb at his starting position which didn’t even budge him nor inflict any damage.

Gave up after 2 tries. Not worth the time, the effort NOR the money.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Today is 4-4-5, but the final level is a major gem sucker.  Tons of useless crap in the way, special pigs including miners, micro pigs that don’t die, and a useless order of birds.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@aggieguy, I had same experience. So frustrating.

I also noticed that DC video option is gone from my FTP account. I’m starting to get seriously annoyed how Rovio keep changing the game without informing users and using “experiments” as an excuse!

Also, it did not calm me down that the nowadays too rare video option for Common Chest just failed and stole my three rewards already gotten from earlier cards.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

I didn’t complete the DC for around 4 days this week, although the rooms in level 3 seem to be trivial, it always left with a micropig at each structure. There were no collateral damage that usually happens. Some rooms normally required 2 birds, I have to use 4-5. It happens in the third or fourth room of level 3, and ruined all the effort from level 1 and 2, I ragequit for a consecutive 3 days. But you can get much better rewards in other parts, I don’t bother to try a second time.

Buster
    @doulgas

The DC I got today (Feb 16) was pretty easy, but stalled at level 2 of KPP. I couldn’t figure out a strategy for that one so didn’t waste any more time or gems.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

On both accounts, the birds suddenly got really weak/powerless in last room of DC, so I had to play the again from the start.

Managed thru KPP with main account, but I had to buy additional card. One was enough. FTP account had hard time with no break nor even hope to reach last room of last level. Nothing seemed to work as intended.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Huge difference in DC on two accounts. Main account was easy, while FTP account was a nightmare. For example, one had 4 rooms at third level, while other had six! Another difference was with balloon trash, micro pigs and special pigs. Basically, no extra cards needed for main account and impossible with FTP account.

KPP was insane gemsucker  and I was out early from it.

SB311
    @sb311

@rawdatasystems, my DC was the 4-5-6 sequence and I made it to the boss level with no birds and I know I need at least 2-3 birds, but the rooms are just filled with all kinds of crap.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@sb311, the 4-5-6 was the same sequence of rooms I had in the more difficult, main account… and the rooms were really consuming birds.

On FTP account I had last (4th) room on level 3 like in your picture and passed it with two birds. First shot Blues to lower flower and triggered it when flower shot it out, flattening the lowest structure on right. Then used a shot with Grey (without triggering it) between the middle of floating rocks to bump KP juuust enough to fell it down and rubble from structure diverted it nicely to its doom. One must be careful not to knock KP too hard or all may be lost, because nothing gets KP out if it lands to pit at lower right corner.

Edit: Sorry for long winded rant:

DC today was not too tough if balloons and micropigs are not counted.

However, FTP account experienced literally game breaking bug twice. First time the problem was collision detection in KP room, because birds went right thru KP again. So I tried again… and got different bug in same room! Exit route for KP was already cleared and I used Red to send KP for its final journey. KP hit the fans air stream as expected and was blown surprisingly high up out of the screen, followed bt Red. I thought KP would land pretty quickly and go to previously prepared exit route. Hmm… not pretty quickly? Soon, then. Hmm… not even soon? Any second… any second now… nope!

After several minutes waiting, KP did not land, so I put my phone away and completed KPP with my main account. Granted, I had to buy cards, but still.

I looked my phone… and KP was still on orbit… and now, more than an hour later, the dang oinker is still orbital wonder! I used Bomb, my last bird… and that DC attempt ended as loss, because KP decided to stay in orbit.

Now, two birds failed to perfom both earlier attempts. This time they did so in the KP room and I ran out of birds. Grudginly I paid for three more, already cursing under my breath. Even while first bird of three was enough to complete the DC, I surely was not happy! Bought three cards to complete KPP on FTP account as well.

I’m starting to feel that blind monkey could produce better code than Rovio. The game should not had even left from alpha testing and it’s truly the buggiest game I’ve ever played… or even seen.

SB311
    @sb311

I was able to get through both the DC and the KPP without using any gems and I got two extra rare chests. My DC was 4-4-4 sequence which was strange. I guess I beat yesterdays DC too late so I only received a duck spell instead of my 3 apples. :(

I did have to play the DC a couple of times because the far away smaller piggy was too far away and I missed with matilda.

The KPP was okay. The boss pig’s life was easily taken out with hits from grey and Matilda. It seemed they were set on easy mode or something. :/

Also, I’m so tired of them putting the extra rare chests in such crazy places usually wanting you to waste a bird. Luckily, I had some debris fall and get it for me.

cagier
    @cagier

There is a fable about the goose that laid the golden egg. Each and every day this goose would lay one golden egg. Afterwhile the owner became very greedy and killed the goose to get even more golden eggs. However now the goose is dead so will no longer lay any golden eggs so in the long run the owner lost out. Rovio don’t be the owner of the goose that laid the golden egg.  Don’t keep trying to get more more money out of us regular players by making your game harder and more expensive.  You’ll end up just driving us away.

Dunky
    @dunky

My DC is without fail way more difficult now. I need to spend more time going through more rooms to complete it and more than likely it also requires me to spend gems depending on the structure. I used to get lovely 3-3-4 setups and now the minimum is 4-4-5 or much worse than that. Others still get a 3-3-4 layout and it irks me.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

I lost interest to play more than once and failed the DC of 4-5-6 or 4-5-5 for many days. It suddenly went back to 3-3-4 since yesterday.

Buster
    @doulgas

Today (Feb 23) was a breeze for a change, both DC and KPP. The only hangup was the 2nd level of DC, where one pig was almost unreachable in the upper right. I did need to use a chile spell to get past that one.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

I just noticed that there are no more limited (read: five?) “lives” with KPP (DC, too?) and you can try as many times the timer allows. When did that change?

If it’s permanent change and not just crappy “experiments”, it’s a good change. I rarely play map levels, so this could be nice chance to practice, as for some reason I seem to play worse as I progress and FP increases. It’s also good for collecting KPs for Feats reward. ;)

I had some time left for KPP, as my first try, allthought otherwise went exceptionally well until the last moment when AB2 crashed. Basically, two suitable birds left and just before I get to shoot chosen bird, game goes down. Extra Rare Chest went with it too, so I quit.

No wonder I like AB2 every day less and less…

SB311
    @sb311

Second room of my DC keeps leaving me with an unreachable pig. It is ridiculous.

By the time I get to a bird I need I have had to waste all the others. I used a pig inflator since all they seem to do is pop pigs instead of destroying structures, but of course, all it did was make it bigger. :(

Are they trying to get you to use a chili spell?

Update: I think there was suppose to be a structure on the middle platform so you could use stella to carry debris into the floating pigs, but there is no structure when the level starts. :(

Update: I received a chili spell and was able to get past the level and eventually make it to the boss pig. Had a lucky first shot with Terrence and was able to beat the BP without using gems. The fireman pigs immediately incinerated Terrence so he couldn’t do anymore damage after knocking into the BP.

I couldn’t get passed the last level of the KPP and wasted gems since I had a chance at an extra rare chest. Every bird seemed like it was at half power and everything seemed weighted down. By the time I got the KP where I needed him, I didn’t have the bird I needed to kick him out of the level (silver or stella).

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@sb311, that lone pig high up right gave me some troubles, too. I had to waste a bird, but luckily had Chuck coming up.

Funny thing about that KPP last level! I had no Terence available and decided to waste the pink bugger. It picked up trash from middle high platform and those knocked KP down. The shot was really lucky, because falling little stones cleared the way for KP at down left… and KP followed, making it a strike for main account. :)

On the other hand, FTP account had a different story. After the last moment crash, next tries were futile, because game started hogging birds like candy. I noticed missing “lives limit” later when I decided to try new things with first level of KPP.

Buster
    @doulgas

The “lives” ticker is still on for me. No problem, though –it’s a way of telling me to get off my a*s and get a life….

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Oh, no… it’s yet another Rovio “experiment”, then?

I practised (read: collected KPs for DT award) level 1 of KPP eight times straight and then gave up at the start of second level each time. I stopped only because I made a mistakes and went to pick up common chest and KPP timer ran out.

SB311
    @sb311

Well, today is another gem grab DC. I’m going to try it one more time, but I don’t think I’m going to be able to beat it unless I get lucky. :(

Buster
    @doulgas

Yeah, I saw the writing on that wall pretty quickly. Lots of barricades and no obvious exit. I won’t pay any gems unless I see a path to victory, so bye-bye….

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Stella can float the king pig off to the right to beat it.

The KPP was also a gem sucker. First king pig was a room which normally has an exit which was removed and no other way to knock/float the pig off the map.

SB311
    @sb311

I couldn’t even make it to the boss pig in the DC today. Crappy bird order and way too many cluttered rooms. Tried with hal too, but it didn’t make a difference. Really frustrating but I wasn’t going to spend gems. :(

Buster
    @doulgas

Today (March 7) was a breeze – the easiest DC I’ve seen in a while. Ran out of time before making a serious run at KPP — I just wanted to get my “participation” gemm award.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – current difficulty

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 1,864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.