Arena Season 8

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 576 through 600 (of 1,254 total)
  • Replies
  • kolchin
    @bhenry43

I just lost a match in the worst way possible. I was doing a “defeat the banner without defeating any birds” objective, which always produces tough matchups. Opponent was 3 birds still alive, some AoE took their health down but not too much. The Opponent chuck had the bones set. My Red was alive and the others gone, with my chili active, with just enough HP to die to my chili hit. I chili’d Red, he hit the banner and KNOCKED IT DOWN, but also triggered the dragon set and killed the chuck. The bonus attacks from the two other birds knocked down MY banner, and I ended up going from finishing my objective and a win, to getting my second loss.

So, FYI, if you knock down the enemy banner but a counter attack knocks YOURS down after, you still lose.

Suzy
    @suzyq

I suspected one of the players on my board was a cheat and 5 minutes ago they confirmed it. I was expecting them to do it overnight but that didn’t happen.

Just now luckily I saw they were active and having completed their objectives they stopped. I went off the board for 10 minutes and thought I ought to have another look. In that 10 minutes they went from a score of 22215 to 52335!!!

The name of this cheat is Speeman2 fortunately I had taken a picture of both scores and will send them off to Rovio.

I’ve never come across so many cheats. Whilst they were always about there seems to be more of them since Rovio announced they were sorting out the problem. The cheats seem to be making a point to us and Rovio that is not going to happen any time soon!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bhenry43
    Drat, that sure was unlucky… :(
    I hate this objective…

BTW I’m currently in lead on my board. Even though 11 people have done all their objectives in the first two days, there are no super hard grinders, I can easily overtake :) I’m optimistic I’ll make it to Gold after this week.

I had one SUPER close battle. I had to take my Bard with me to the battle for an objective. My power level was 1466. I got matched with an opponent at ~1750 power, with Wizard, Berserker and Marksmen, all very strong. Normally, I would McCool such an opponent away, but I tried anyway because Marksmen aren’t the strongest bird and the emblem on the banner was not Resurrection or Vengeance.
    After a tedious battle, I had a lone Wizard standing against three enemies (thankfully Valiant triggered when I needed it!), with my banner left with just 5% health. I would’ve lost the battle if he hadn’t been alive – but I won. With 1 star. Sweet victory.

kolchin
    @bhenry43

@smwforever45 What do you mean by “McCool such an opponent away”.

A couple of general questions:
    1. Are Arena Golden Pig roll odds weighted to banners and emblems? I have just about one of every set banner, but only 3 heads so far. Just seemed odd, but could be bad luck.

2. How can I get the resurrect emblem? Time turner emblem? Is it rolls from AGP or a reward at a higher level?

3. How much damage does Vengeance emblem do when a bird dies? I’m getting about 700 per bird when an enemy does it, but 500 is for my own (3-star) emblem.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@bhenry43
    The same thing happened to me 2 days ago. I had fulfilled “kill 3 birds with 1 attack” for the third time. Their birds all went down. Their banner went down. I began celebrating and then my banner went down because of their retaliate emblem. I lost the match. It is the meddest and shocked I have ever been in this game.

BF10
    @bf10

I’m also assuming that if your banner gets destroyed but your opponent’s banner gets destroyed next, you also lose?

Epic message also popped up. What’s new this time.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bhenry43
    Basically, it means battling Piggy McCool (or any Facebook friend) in an Unranked Battle. Doing so will give you a new opponent.

Answers:
    1. I don’t know – but normally, everything should be equally common.
    2. The Resurrection emblem can be gotten from the Arena GPM once you reached Platinum or higher (after that, this will be permanent). The Time Jump emblem is only obtainable when you make it to Diamond.
    3. As far as I know, the damage is 30% of the KO’d bird’s health. So, if a Samurai with 5,000 health is defeated, the emblem will deal 1500 damage to all birds. The stars on the emblem have no influence on the strength of the effect.

@bf10

Yes. Like it says in the game: Your banner needs to be up when the turn is over!

BF10
    @bf10

Anything about the Epic message yet though?

Also, I somehow got from 9th to here:

From7thto1st.png

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@bhenry43 unequal chance getting banner and head? It is possible but not certain. I got all different kinds of emblems at LV 61, all different set banner at LV 61. But I got the blessed head at LV 61 only so far.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@metztli013
    I can’t beat the funny named teams you have met but these are some I see over and over :
    I still think the Gene Pool is small for number of opponents and that is why the same teams keep coming up.

Bruiser.butt.dog
    Hellary
    Monkeybunz
    Rovioalwayscheating

You are doing great on the posting of screen caps. I don’t do it enough to remember how.

Pointless
    @pointless

I thought I had received a new, non-Elite Objective here:

2016-09-06-18-08-30.jpg

I have Elite Mage, so I assumed I would have to revert back to the original Class to complete the dailies.
    I was wrong (sadly? I’m not sure), battles won with E Mage counted towards completion. Wheird that the requisite was ArchMage, though, and not Elite Mage.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@pointless I had that Archmage class objective before. When I switched to E.Mage, the description(holding the screen) changed to win with E.Mage. When I switched to Archmage, the description changed to win with Archmage.

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

@pointless Does both Archmage and EMage give same stat boosts? (10%)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dallasreds Bruiser.butt.dog used to be one of my regulars I don’t see him any more. I played @pointless 3 times in 10 minutes yesterday and I am seeing the same players over and over.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@aufar-ramadhan
    Archmage gives only a 10% attack boost while Elite Mage gives also a 10% health boost, I think. Not sure.

EDIT: I battled @elpapam just now:

Decent team!

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 wow i have never run the Arena 4-5 days now! :S And to tell you the truth at the new Boss Fight for the Elite Gurdian i am using the same birds with the same setup plus i use and the Matilda Druid. At Last i have at mastery 12 all birds now but not all classes. For red i have 12 lvl Stone Guerd Elite & Samurai, Chuck 12 lvl Wizard, Matilda 12 lvl Druid & Priestess, Bomb 12 lvl Elite Pirate & Captain, Tricksters 12 lvl Skulkers Elite & Spies. I haven’t use any shreds to upgrade more the Legendary weapons. Most of weapons are at 2 lvl because i am running low in Golden Coins to buy Shreds.

metztli013
    @metztli013

@dallasreds lol bruiser butt dog and monkey bunz are good ones! =D

Porky Bonkers
    @matt-white

Tell me dude….I spent a hardcore week battle in Dismond topped of with a win next day I go in and can’t cash out!…connection error etc etc Does this mean everything will get wiped out when it’s fixed…i.e. Score etc….

Pointless
    @pointless

@aufar-ramadhan @smwforever45 Elite Mage gives the 10% boost over ArchMage, so in essence I have Elite ArchMage (not that I play him much, but he does have his obvious Objective-driven uses).

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Sadly I have a cheat and it was all going so well.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@bubbley I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve got a cheat as well, opened a ticket and sent screenshots as well but haven’t heard anything. I caught them in the act and the screenshots prove without doubt they were cheating. Sadly, for all that I don’t think anything will happen and they will win again :(

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@suzyq sorry you are in the same situation. I was hopeful that Rovio had solved this problem but they haven’t. I reported HOHO a few weeks ago but another player found him in his league doing the same a couple of weeks later. It seems that although they can determine whether a player is actually fighting battles they have no way of automatically removing those detected of cheating. So this new fix is not a fix at all. The cheats are so tiresome and really what what on earth do they gain? I have been playing the Arena since day one and I still do not understand why they do it.

I hope you can still advance in spite of your cheat. Good luck and I feel for number 4.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@bubbley fortunately I should still advance, but like you I feel sorry for number 4 too.

My cheat Speeman2 is very sneaky. They first played on Monday and went from last place with a score of 0 to 17555 in 1 hit. I was playing at the time so noticed it straight away as I check the scores when I first start. Second time they played was on Wednesday, I checked before I started and noticed their score was 22095 and then went up to 22215. I thought ok they have just done their objectives but took a screenshot just in case, this was at 22.15. I then played a couple of battles checked the scores again at 22.20 and their score had gone up to 52335, it’s impossible to get 30K in 5 minutes. Again I took a screenshot and sent every thing off to Rovio.Last night they just did their objectives because they are enough in front.

It’s bad news that Rovio haven’t found a fix yet to stop this happening:(

Dave
    @seraphion

Did I just missed it and how long is the sweet arena banner set been nerved?
    It says now: only heals on birds get + 75%. Wasnt it on the banner too?
    Or am I wrong here?

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@suzyq

Was that a typo or are you shaming Speeman2 by calling them Sheeman2? If so, hilarious?

What’s worse about this is that Rovio said that they would shame these cheats and they are still playing with their same names. Apparently people have reported HoHo and I still face them in the Arena with their name HoHo.

At least make these idiots have to create a new account and change their name.
    To be able to have their name unchanged and to encounter them in the arena is a slap in the face from Rovio.

I still haven’t heard back from them on Zizu last week?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 576 through 600 (of 1,254 total)
  • The topic ‘Arena Season 8’ is closed to new replies.