Arena Season 8

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 551 through 575 (of 1,254 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I too got all CG opponents last evening before the week ended. Nothing against it!

Thanks everyone!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@smwforever45 yes well done. I have a Green Yoshi in my league. He is currently in second place. Half my board is busy usual for a Monday I expect everyone to be playing by the end of the day.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bubbley
    FataMorgana by any chance? @pointless had him in his league once last season. The Yoshi won first place over him. XD

I started my Silver league today. (I again did NOT receive the “Silver Star” achievement in the GC!) Another rather competitive one but I’m ahead right now :)

Wut?

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

Bad news everyone,
    The server issues are now SOLVED.
    WELCOME BACK REAL NIGHTMARE!!!!!
    :( :( :( :( =(
    Though my trick that I’ve posted on the bottom of page 21 worked perfectly for me. It gave me all easy opponents, but all of them are real opponents, which have a little bit weaker birds, but much weaker banner.
    EDIT:
    It’s not in the bottom of page 21, but the bottom of page 20.

@napoleongl
    You’re ghosting on my board now. Glad that I’m still 1st.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@smwforever45 that’s the one. A couple of celebs. Ghosts?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bubbley
    Thought so. (I really wonder what his name on FB is. Would sure like to add him)

Nono. That’s the “Friends” leaderboard, where you can compare your own score to your friends’ scores. That’s not my league :P What I meant was that I’m somehow behind @dragonofheart73 and @napoleongl despite having more points than them.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

This is my new week in arena. I started 15h later. It seems this week will not be easy like the last week, but not so hard also :)

Daniel Nathanson
    @daniel-nathanson

Yep back to reality for me too. Full board now. Not uber-competitive though. No one over 9k. Still glad i ground to 15k, cuz ill probably spend bulk of time in the event later this week,

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@smwforever45 sorry didn’t look properly. I have a Friends tab but I can’t see any friends so didn’t think. Don’t know why it should be listed that way. On the leader board if my score is identical to another players I always (used to always) get a higher position.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

Pretty competitive board for me but no one seems to be grinding like crazy. I’m sitting in 3rd at 9770 and 1st is at 10730 so not that much ahead. 2 other players close behind though.

I had more grinders from hell last week but no cheaters and I finished 4th so I’m still in Silver. And I never put as much time as last week.

What’s encouraging now is that battles are way harder again so it will be much tougher for some of these grinders to advance quickly. Harder to get these 3 stars battles.

metztli013
    @metztli013

Bah I knew it! My fear came to life. I logged on today and my board was populated and I had like 7200ish in 5th place while 3rd has 13,480 =( And 1st has 15,615. Looks like I’ll be grinding a lot tonight. Meh.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    “EPIC” message brought new event. Can u look if it changed anything more? Especially coinfip?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Changes:
    1. New data for Elite Illusionist added which includes just the graphics and nothing else.
    2. Arena codes are changed around a bit. Even though the bytes are empty currently, new memories have been allocated for new set items for arena.
    3. They removed the unused emblems altogether.
    4. Coinflip is same.
    5. World Map rendering is changed to be compatible with Nougat.

That’s it.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    There were unused emblems?

Yoshi got curious. Yoshi wants to know more. XD

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Why are you talking in 3rd person? :P

Anyways, there were some unused emblems that featured the icons of normal potions one them. Like Veggie Cake Emblem, Fruit Cake Emblem etc. All they were supposed to do was mimic your potion level. This means that if you were equipped with the Veggie Cake emblem, it would fill up your rage chili by whatever your actual Veggie Cake is supposed to fill up. Same goes for the other one.

There was also a third type that combines the rage chili fill up and the healing one. It was called the Juice Stand Emblem.

BF10
    @bf10

@datguygamer
    If this was implated, it could be OP since if you have Burning Cake elbelm, you can practically use the Rage Chili every turn.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bf10 I guess so.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    I’m sometimes in that mood. :P

Wouldn’t that emblem be somewhat OP? Having the Veggie Cake emblem with the highest potion level would essentially allow you to use the Chilli every turn. That is, if it fills up the Rage Chilli by 25/50/75% each turn, and not just every 2 or 3 turns.

Eh. Underdog and Resurrection are good enough anyway.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Well that’s why they scrapped them I suppose.

Suzy
    @suzyq

Only 8 people playing on my board at the moment, the others haven’t even started yet. Too early to say how this week will go. One person made a flying visit to the board and went from 0 to 18K in 5 minutes earlier on. Unfortunately, I think they are in a different time zone and could possibly dump another 18K whilst I’m sleeping :(

Pointless
    @pointless

@datguygamer @smwforever45 those Emblems were just different graphical representations of ones that were incorporated into Arena (although slightly different). They were never available to us as players, just seen in CG Teams.

Been away the last few days with very limited wifi. Was really nice seeing over 30 messages awaiting me each day I went into town for my 20 minutes or so. Thank you to all who used my Birds and gave FE, I have a bit of playing to do in the next few hours to pay a lot of you back :)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless Visually there were just graphical representations but they had their purpose coded in the game. It’s just that they never released those for us.

angryde
    @angryde

@suzyq I’m with you, Suz. I had a suspiciously easy week in silver last week… 1st through to gold – and at present I’m 1st in gold + finding it all terribly suspicious…

Plus, with the latest update tweaks… the arena appears to be populated with a reasonable mix of CGOs + real players AND Rovio’s match-up-bot continues to demonstrate unprecedented mercy…

Quite frankly, I’m wondering when the other shoe is going to drop… good luck to you!

Suzy
    @suzyq

@angryde I’m wondering about that as well,but enjoying it whilst it lasts. Good luck to you too:)

I’m currently holding 1st place in Platinum, but not sure for how long. The person who dropped 18K in one hit didn’t play again over night as I expected. Maybe they will do it late afternoon like they did yesterday?

The 7 other players still haven’t shown up, maybe they will later. Perhaps they don’t realize their names are already assigned to board which is already active.

burbman
    @burbman

Looks Like I got rewarded for my hardfought third place finish last week with a much less active Platinum league. Or maybe it is the new harder opponents keeping scoring down. Either way, only two of us have even completed the first two day’s objectives. Crossing my fingers that it stays that way. Gotta say though that opponents in the 2,200 strength range are a bit intimidating to say the least.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 551 through 575 (of 1,254 total)
  • The topic ‘Arena Season 8’ is closed to new replies.