Arena Season 8

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 1,226 through 1,250 (of 1,254 total)
  • Replies
  • DD
    @toolow

@smwforever45 No, just Rovio, which apparently is not that difficult.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45 So ABE is starting to be some kind of Skynet :D?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@toolow
    This robot is also independent of us all…

@kennymcc

Guess so? :p

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Hey I just visited the Arena to check out the new banners that I might miss and took a look at a battle.

Take a look at this unattractive effigy.

IMG_2203.PNG

@datguygamer
    it appears some have functioning AGPM.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bubbley
    Yeah; it’s not gonna win a beauty prize, but it’s a pretty useful banner :) I find Winged Justice to be the best new banner set, though. Complete immunity to damage for the rest of the turn after being the target of an attack. Plus, 20% more health AND 10% more damage for your birds. The secondary effects are the best of Angry and Blessed combined. This set may ultimatively replace Valiant for me.

Pointless
    @pointless

@smwforever45 being the target of an attack does not grant any kind of immunity to AoE. You can just hammer the banner and KO Birds at the same time. Obviously we’ll have to play around a bit more to get verification.

angryde
    @angryde

@bubbley I know, right? I think all three of the new banners are appalling – design wise. Plus, they’re all I’m encountering in the arena at the moment… boring!

@smwforever45
    I’m back to using a classic “Venomous” line up… now that Mana’s been replaced by “Last Will.” I’m finding it really easy, I haven’t lost an arena battle since the update.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pointless
    The description clearly says “damage reduced by 100%”. Even AoE damage should be reduced, just like Samurai’s shield reduces every sort of damage. Maybe chain damage can break this shield, but I think this means complete immunity.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley Was it “Unknown Player” or a named one? I had a battle with another such unknown team with a complete Ancient Might set.

Also, I definitely think they have broken it. Whenever you go into the set items menu, no matter what set you choose for display, it always gets reset to Ancient Might after each game reboot. Is that the programmers’ personal recommendation?

@kennymcc
    Thanks for all the help.

Pointless
    @pointless

@smwforever45 we will have to confirm, as I have also seen a dispel on these “immune” Birds, but unsure if this was the effect of the Banner, as I KOd the Banner at the same time. My point was attacking the Banner will not cause the immunity, as the Bird is not the target of the attack.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@datguygamer I can’t remember but I might play the Arena for a while just to get a feel for them. As @angryde says they are every where. Just made 4 battles.

IMG_2207.PNG

IMG_2208.PNG

IMG_2210.PNG

angryde
    @angryde

@kennymcc LOL re: Skynet! I snorted! XD

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@datguygamer so far all opponents are unnamed. I suspect as you do that they are the new look CG players.

Cronus71
    @cronus71

I defintely have cheaters in my league, they jumped from nowhere to the top, and there’s been no movement in their scores since. I’m in #11 place with some 43k points, and I cannot even remember the last time when I didn’t end up #1.
    Probably the entire Top5 are cheaters.

IMG_0380.PNG

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley So these are definitely computer teams. Well, I wanted the Winged Justice set as that seems to be another strong set but the darn machine won’t give it to me.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pointless
    It only talks about immunity to damage, not immunity to harmful effects or dispels. Venomous might be the go-to strategy against those people, but if they put Mana on Chuck… ;)

@angryde

Indeed, Venomous is a very nice strategy again. Last Will is seen more often nowadays which makes this old strategy far more useful. I just don’t like to use it against Mana. I still manage to win, but you have to hope for that 40% chance to successfully apply the effect… and Rainbird, Tricksters, Princess and Matilda in general can really spoil it.

Jenn
    @jennt

Have you guys noticed the snoutling rewards? They’re all the same no matter the rank now! Look at the last two leaderboard screenshots above. I was about to post my own, but I see I’m not the only one with this happening.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jennt
    Another glitch I believe. They changed the snoutling rewards in 1.5.3 (they now depend on your current player level and league, I believe) and it seems that the game can’t handle this.
    The snoutling reward that is shown to be for every player is actually only the reward for your own rank.

Pointless
    @pointless

@smwforever45 yes, I know the description. I just wonder if the dispel was negating the immunity provided by the Set, or was unrelated. I don’t remember any buff on the Bird that would have been dispelled, but can’t be sure as I wasn’t paying close attention. Bears further investigation (as do the mechanics of all the new Sets).

Jenn
    @jennt

@smwforever45 Well, it’s nice to know that I won’t be locked into a low reward if I can manage to rise up the ranks! I don’t think I will, though. Somehow, I got way behind. I’m not sure if I missed objectives this week or if there was a glitch, but I’m something like 16k points behind. Le sighhhh

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pointless
    Oh, you mean that!
    I remember that the passive effect of the Camera Pig back in the Elite Mage event was able to be dispelled, and then it would not attack anymore after an ally was defeated.
    But I don’t think that the set bonus of this banner set is treated as a dispellable effect. At least, I hope so.

@jennt

Or you have a heavy grinder on your board. It’s well possible.

metztli013
    @metztli013

@pointless Delayed response, sorry! I have definitely been wondering about some of the scores on our board. I suspected cheating especially from the person in 1st. Lol I’m in 14th =/ MOON was on my board last week, and was reset to 0 but I don’t know how much that really means since on @dallasreds board I was reset to 0 and on mine he was reset to 0… so much weirdness. Guess we’ll see what happens in the next couple days.

Pointless
    @pointless

@metztli013 no worries :)
    1-5 are all cheats, so you are right to be suspicious. Number 1 is the most overt of the bunch, with 3-4 gains of 5-6K in a day, the others are more discrete, but still posting significant gains in very short time periods. I guess we are in the cheater leagues as well, unfortunately…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I finished in #12 because three people were set to zero during the week. I wasn’t expecting that… o.o
    Got the 10 shards after three re-spins.
    Now for the new season…

Pointless
    @pointless

Congratulations to all who did well, these last few weeks have been a chore. No fun when you really don’t stand a fighting chance from the outset. I’m done in Arena (for the time being at least)…

Cue AIC

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 1,226 through 1,250 (of 1,254 total)
  • The topic ‘Arena Season 8’ is closed to new replies.