Arena Season 8

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 601 through 625 (of 1,254 total)
  • Replies
  • Suzy
    @suzyq

@shapokomanbeast

Yes, it was a typo, I have corrected it :)

I don’t know why it takes so long for them to check these people out and do something? Rovio said they would name and shame these people as you said, but when and where?

I’m sorry you are still waiting to hear back from Rovio about Zizu it’s no good enough, even worse, @bubbley reported today that Ho Ho is still playing despite her and others reporting them. Even though I have given actual times, dates and screen shots to Rovio, my cheats score is still showing. I ‘ve caught up with them again just to wind them up to see what score they will have next time. I won’t bother to do that again it’s not really worth it. I’m really beginning to wonder if it’s even worth reporting cheats anymore?

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

After last week I learned my lesson, it’s seriously not worth it especially after playing so long.

There’s easier ways to get 1400 snouts and unless you need enchantment that badly even placing in top 3 is not a necessity.

This game is a bad one to play if people are searching for justice??

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@shapokomanbeast If you play AB 2 or ABT, you’ll know that those games are worse than this one.

If anything, Epic is probably the best game out there from Rovio right now because of you how varied the gameplay is. The main thing that I find bad with this game is that it’s online.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Yeah, I wish it had offline play! But then again, an online game makes it a lot easier to do those world boss events…

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@datguygamer

I’ve played both and I just don’t think the competition is at the forefront like it is in epic. Both of those games you can just play a lot of levels and enjoy the game.

I agree that when you do enter the arena in AB2 the cheats are abundant but they have tonnes of levels to play. The levels here are limited and if you want to play regularly after completing them you need to play the arena.

It’s possible that I just haven’t played them a lot but even now I play ABT quite a bit and with the new daily objectives you can just play happily in your own little bubble.

Even with the events in ABT others cheating doesn’t affect your progress. AB epic is the worst as far as how others cheating affects your own progress.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@datguygamer

And I know you’re the gaming expert but “varied in gameplay”? They just use new graphics in the same formula, the arena was inventive but they pooched it by not tracking cheaters aggressively and effectively.

I agree it’s different then slinging birds but after you play a while it becomes the “same old, same old”. Now if they implement elite mastery, that will be impressive?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@shapokomanbeast
    The competition is only recently like this but I can confirm that it is easier to play Epic than Transformers. Reasons being:

1. You can very much skip the events and get mastery at your own leisure. Not play so rigorously for the upgrades and just buy them with the LCs you collect. The game gives you an okay amount. On the other hand, the basic aspect of the Transformers game is to use robots to blast structures. But the way Exient set it up, the main things that the game is named after can only be obtained in events. I participated in the events for Sunstorm, WindBlade, Epic Optimus Prime and those competitions were brutal. See in Epic, the rewards are made in a way that if you play the game in a steady manner, everyone will get that reward but in Transformers the token system is awful. Large amounts are only offered to players who are in Top 3 and you need the tokens to get those accessories or the bots. In Epic, the only player based competition is for mastery and nothing else. The situation could have been similar if the headgears were position based, but they are not.

2. Transformers is just pay-happy and unlike Epic, robots are locked behind an actual paywall, namely Nemesis Prime and Rodimus Prime thus hampering your Player Rank. Nothing in Epic requires you to purchase them directly.

3. The gameplay is seriously nothing else than playing the nodes over and over with the same structures changed around a bit and shooting their weak spots. The gameplay in Epic is one of the most varied out of any Rovio game to date.

4. Even the events are the same “Destroy X objects Y times” always in Transformers. The events in Epic change around with new enemies and gimmicks.

5. The waiting times in Epic are manageable while each battery in Transformers during events take 1 hour to recharge and there are only (I think) 3 or 4 of them at most.

6. Even though both games have been out for over 2 years, Transformers feel incomplete due to a huge chunk of the island still under clouds while Epic is complete.

Bottomline, you can play Transformers in your own little bubble but you’ll be missing a whole portion of it if you decide to do so. On the other side, playing Epic in that bubble will still give you the complete experience. I never felt the need to use FB, but I still got through the game and had a much more fun time than Transformers. Not to mention those abysmal upgrade waiting times. 3 days for Level 15? Seriously Exient?

Don’t even get me started on AB 2. Sorry for the wall o’text.

@smwforever45
    That’s the only thing I want in Epic upfront: offline play.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@shapokomanbeast Trust me when I say this but Transformers is easier to hack than Epic. The main cheaters are still found in events where they rig their event points.

By “varied in gameplay” I mean that even though the basic approach is still killing pigs, it’s done in a way that’s never been done before with multiple approaches to do that. You can argue that you can do that in a way by changing bots in nodes but requires gems and gems are hard to come by even from those mission portals after they reduced the amount.

At least Epic has an arena, Transformers is just bare bones. As an avid Transformers fan, I was happy when they announced the game but I very quickly found out how lackluster it is. They slapped the Angry Birds on a beloved franchise just to get a quick cash grab and out came a deformity. At least Epic is an original IP with unique ideas. For god’s sake, there is not even a proper story mode in Transformers!

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@datguygamer

I am sure you’re right about AB2 I played for 3 months before my phone busted and didn’t care to download it again.

As far as AB Transformers though(very well written and thought out reply by the way, after work I will address it point by point and it really comes down to a matter of perspective and I don’t agree with your perspective in this case.

The only thing I will concede is your gameplay compared to other Rovio games but I wouldn’t call it “varied in gameplay” making it sound like this game is on the cutting edge of gaming technology.

My main point however is that this game is the only one to pit your birds against fellow players birds. I don’t really know what other ABT players have, even in events the time I spend indicates rewards not other players in front of me. As far as these special birds I don’t even care since you can’t use them all the time anyways.

I respect your opinion but for me ABT doesn’t put me against others as directly as epic. Don’t get me wrong I still like epic way more than ABT but I get angered way more in epic than transformers?

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@datguygamer

Just read your other post on ABT and agree wholeheartedly. I was very disappointed when I found out it was just point and click. I too love transformers although I am deceptions all the way.?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@shapokomanbeast If there’s one bad thing about the arena in Epic (and pretty much any Rovio game in general), it’s that matchmaking system. All games with an arena has a bad matching system where they pit you against stronger opponents just to give you that false sense of shame that you are playing badly.

I am a collector by nature and whenever I play a game that I like, I tend to collect all the things it has to offer. For example, I have almost all normal weapons and offhand items in Epic and all arena items that can be obtained from the machines. But in Transformers, it kicks me out of that sense of achievement by not giving me everything and there is nothing more I hate than to be rejected from my collective mentality. So while you may not care about these special birds, I personally did and that’s why I ragequit.

Also, Epic is not the only game to pit your bird directly against other birds, Fight! does that as well and to some extent Angry Birds 2 and If I recall correctly Ace Fighter also had that feature. ;)

I understand that it’s a matter of perspective but that’s just how I feel for ABT in general. I wanted to like it but has nothing for me to stay interested in it.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@datguygamer

Ahh…and with me I discard every weapon I don’t use on a regular basis. I haven’t played any of those other games(with the brief exception of AB2)but I believe you of course? I will again agree with the disappointment of ABT, @poptimus is the only reason I started playing again?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@shapokomanbeast Well if you are having fun, play on. :)

Also, I just noticed this icon on Google Play. Funnily enough on my phone, the actual icon is different. This is the stuff of nightmare, folks. Red is always watching you with that smile, even when you sleep.

I am watching youuuuuuuuuuu

angryde
    @angryde

@datguygamer I literally spat out my coffee when I read that post, mate! I agree wholeheartedly! XD

Anonymous

@shapokomanbeast
    Sorry! XD
    (I appreciate all the gems though! The coins not so much… wish there was a way to influence the buddy rewards, but apparently not.)

@datguygamer

FWIW, Rodimus was recently available for tokens/gems in an event. Nemesis is still locked though. Generally, I agree with you that Epic is better than ABT because you really have to dominate in ABT events to unlock the TFs. My poor kid is about to be really disappointed when I can’t get him Epic Optimus this week because I can’t bring his ipad to work with me and play at all hours the way this stupid event format requires you to do…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@poptimus Well one slightly good (bad?) thing is that now you can buy tokens with gems if you have them which means you can get everything if you have the necessary amounts of moola. If I were you, I’d be skipping the competition and buying stuff with gems right away (too bad they introduced this feature AFTER I quit).

But even then I can never accept the fact that the things that the game is based off and even named after is only obtainable through events nowadays. Like why is that?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Still better than this gross icon they had for Epic while the movie was on. IMO Red is just happy-go-lucky on this icon.

Anonymous

@datguygamer
    It’s nice to be able to use gems instead of tokens when need be, but I kiiind of enjoy the events. It’s another format to play the game, and the levels are more challenging than map nodes (I’m one of the few who likes the more difficult levels), so whatever. On top of that, I don’t have enough gems to outright buy TFs in the first place. I generally spend them on accessories and speeding up upgrades.

I guess we should probably stop talking about this on the Epic Arena Season 8 thread, huh? Sorry everyone!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 I thought you liked the movie designs.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@shapokomanbeast
    I am a dog lover as much as any person but Can I have human definition of “pooched”? Thanks I do play ABT some.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    No way dude. Not in this life.

@dallasreds

I prefer cats.

drobbinsjr
    @drobbinsjr

I have had it with this game and Rivio cheating with the Arena League. I have played this game for 2 years. I am Lvl 14 with main players, Platinum. Started the day in 2nd place 2 K behind 1st place. 15 minutes after the days challenges begin, I am now in 4th place 13,000 behind 3rd place and 23,00 behind 1st. WTF….

I have decided to boycott this game until Rivio fixes cheaters.

Shame on you Markis, Nadir, Lauri, Niklas and Joe.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@dallasreds

Pooched means “messed something up”. It’s a old saying I think. Nothing against dogs??

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@datguygamer

As promised I am off work now and will address your ABEpic vs ABTransformers point by point. I do feel that we already understand each other and since this will be very lengthy feel free to skip it,and of course that goes for everybody. I will just be speaking my mind on the matter and am wasting space so I apologize in advance for the length of this post.

1. Here you refer to additional robots to be obtained. As already discussed I don’t care about these characters and therefore don’t need them in my collection especially since you can’t use them anytime you want, you have to wait for the eggbots to make an event for them. And you say that you can eventually get the rewards in Epic but is this not the case in Transformers? You might have to wait for tokens but eventually won’t you be able to purchase these Transformers with tokens without spending money? And you say the only player based competition in Epic is for mastery but if so what is the arena about? Here trophies are at stake(although they are all the same after awhile) and I still don’t have a diamond trophy for season 1 because of all the cheats in that season. I do have them for the rest of the seasons but I had to play quite a bit for that. The arena now is also a good supply for enchantment shards and even though eventually you can purchase them with LC’s that Rovio doles out the arena speeds this up immensely. Again I haven’t been affected by more than 2 cheaters in a given week so I will concede the cheating in ABT to be worse in that sense.

2. I will agree that the greed in ABT is disgusting especially since to me it is targeting a younger age group. The constant ads sicken me as well as the stupid purchase gem screen that pops up “out of the blue” routinely. However you say nothing in epic has to be payed for directly but what do you call the Elite Paladin, Elite Sea Dog, ESkulkers, etc cash grab? Yes you had plenty of LC’s based on a glitch but not everyone had that amount of LC’s. I purchased LC’s for these classes. Did I have to? No, but who knows when the events to get these classes will ever happen. These were some of the more popular birds and Rovio knew it. It was a cash grab and nothing more.

3. Again I will concede that it is varied compared to other Rovio games but that’s not saying much.

4.Seriously Golldd Man the events and gimmicks in Epic are always changing??
    I don’t know from a developer standpoint whether it is that hard to do what they do but they are just putting a different “hat” on the same characters, the formula is still the same is it not? The freaking map is the exact same for all long events with different decoration! Is this mind blowing from a developer standpoint? I know I’m the simpleton here but I just don’t get it. And yes ABT is highly redundant but I never said it wasn’t, I just don’t feel the injustice in ABT the way I do in Epic after the arena was introduced.

5. I seriously think your expectations for ABT is clouding your judgment on this point. The wait time for a battery is 1 hour in ABT and there are 4 of them so a total of 4 hours to play 4 times Every stamina drink refills in 15 minutes in ABEpic. The average cost of playing one battle is 5 stamina drinks, a wait time of 1hour 15minutes. 3 battles takes 3hours and 45 minutes. The wait times in events are almost identical so I really can’t see your case on this point.

6. The levels under clouds only gives me something to look forward to. What do I have to look forward to in Epic? Fancier designs for existing classes and bumping them up in power to call them Elite? (thanks for showing everyone those designs by the way they do look good)

You also said that you are missing out on a whole portion of ABT by not having access to special birds acquired through events. I would disagree because as you have mentioned this game is so basic anyway, and that these new transformers would do nothing to enhance the game for me. I already hate the fact that there are so many variations of Optimus Prime(as well as other characters)in ABT. I was also confused by your FB comment as you said you weren’t compelled to have it for this game. Were you referring to ABT or ABEpic? Because I vividly remember you
    encouraging me to get FB for Epic.

Having said all that, I would wholeheartedly agree that AB Epic is the superior game and I never said it wasn’t. Again the injustice to me is far greater in ABEpic than ABT but I can see how your collector’s mentality would be offended by such a transgression in ABT. I actually don’t have that much fun playing ABT but because I am old and just waiting for bedtime due to my laborious work it is a good change of pace from Epic and Clash of Clans which are the only other phone games I play on a regular basis?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 601 through 625 (of 1,254 total)
  • The topic ‘Arena Season 8’ is closed to new replies.