Arena Season 8

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 1,254 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@shapokomanbeast

1. The point of the game is to unlock robots and then play a node with them. If you are not caring for the bots then what are you playing the game for? That’s why I said you’ll be missing a lot if you stay in your bubble. You’ll be playing the same node with the same bots over and over.

2. Regarding rewards, this is not the case with Transformers is because eventually you do get your reward in Epic but in ABT, tokens were the currency when it was not an option to buy with gems and I missed out on 2 accessories for EOP since I bought the accessories first. That’s what missing out is. I missed out and a lot of people on the ABT forums also missed out because of their high cost. In Epic that doesn’t happen. If you play -> you’ll get your main prize.

3. The basic implementation of the events in Epic are the enemies and they are changing. They always have new abilities and visually they are re-skins but ability wise they are not. In ABT, they finally introduced a new type of boss (Unicron) what did they do with that? A pig with copter blades shooting insta-kill missiles. This is not variety as all pigs in ABT shoot something. The map in Epic may always look the same but at least they change around the graphics in mini-campaigns. ABT just makes you play a normal level instead as they have no such thing. ABT has only 1 type of event format while Epic has 3. That’s variety right there.

4. The reason you don’t feel the injustice in ABT as much is simple. It’s because you don’t care about the main thing and just play casually which you don’t do for Epic. Let’s give an example, a guy who wants to get all 3 stars in AB 2 in all levels will feel how some levels are rigged to force you in using spells while a guy who just wants to complete levels and don’t care about stars won’t. However, not taking unlocking bots seriously in ABT is like playing Epic with the same class over and over again. It becomes mundane than what the game is already is. I played both games very seriously and I can assure you, the event system is worse than Epic.

Yes, you have to purchase classes with gold coins but you can get them eventually like of us did. I am counting myself out since I exploited a glitch but what about others? Most people have collected free LCs to buy classes while in ABT bots require either real money or tokens and it’s only been a few updates that noe you can buy tokens with gems. ABT has direct purchases with buying bots while Epic doesn’t.

5. The case is that what you’re talking about only nowadays. Back when we still had 3 stamina battles, we had more chances to play. In ABT you are stuck with 4 bars and each battle takes 1 bar. There is no way around it. Before you had the option of playing the lesser stamina ones. It’s not a matter of waiting for how long but rather how many times can you play before you have to stop and there’s one more thing than beats ABT. Refilling requires gems while in Epic you can do that for free by crafting drinks out of essences. No matter which way you look at it, Epic has the most advantages.

I am talking from a neutral standpoint and ofc I will have some expectations. When you hear that someone is making a game on Transformers, ofc you’ll have at least some expectation if you’re a fan of the franchise to begin with. That’s what I had and when the game failed to deliver that to me, it didn’t cloud my judgement. It actually cleared the sky to see me better as to what is going on here. The game is simple but fun BUT the event system is not good at all.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 I was sleepy and I read that as : Not in this file and I was like, Huh?! What file? XD

I prefer cats and dogs both. :3 (can’t make a dog face :P)

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@datguygamer

Agree to disagree I guess. To you the main point of epic is mastery and classes but I never play with guardian and illusionist so what’s the point other than to complete objectives in the arena that says I must win 5 battles with guardian class.

I feel you exaggerate the importance of collecting all classes and robots. You say that I am missing out because the purpose of ABT is to collect a transformer and play a node with them. However many of them are basically the same anyways. Seriously do I need another prime just so I can play an occasional node with them?

I understand why you feel the way you do but to imply that I’m missing out on some big part of ABT when you already have dismissed the game as inadequate is laughable to me. Again for the record since I don’t want to repeat myself, I could care less about ABT. I wasn’t playing when apparently you had no choice but to buy tokens, but now players can gain tokens eventually just like you can acquire LC’s eventually in Epic. Is acquiring tokens harder? Probably, but it doesn’t mean you have to pay for these Transformers. I would never presume to know these games like you do. I made an innocent statement about the injustice about Epic and again for the record I never said it was the worst in my original post I just said it was bad.

If you are on a higher plane of existence than I am, that’s fine. I don’t care, but to me you are trivializing all the flaws in Epic especially since you don’t comment much on the arena. Your wait times in events are still not significantly different even if you have a 3stamina drink battle, and just because you can craft stamina drink out of FE but can’t craft gems effectively(you can have the chance of crafting them in the pig lab) doesn’t make it unjust. That’s why I feel you are somehow biased. The wait time is basically the same. If you love the nuances of Epic, guess what? I do too, it is my favourite game. This doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have it’s flaws and I can feel however I want to about the game. I could also say that you are missing out in epic since part of the game is powering up your birds(you seem to really like mastery) but the birds I use routinely are more powerful than yours because I have EXP 60. This doesn’t mean you are missing out on a big part of Epic. In fact since you are super smart I assume there’s a good reason you keep your birds at a low Exp level.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not mad but I do feel like some people on here want to tell me how to feel about this game.I don’t care! I respect others opinions and their feelings, and I don’t feel that same respect back sometimes. All this said I do appreciate all the information you’ve given me on these games and an insight into your mindset. And for the record I’m not a hater, I don’t care if people exploited a glitch and benefitted from it, good for them and good for you? One other point, since I’ve never complained to Rovio about ABT I can’t say whether they respond or not, but Rovio has ignored me many times when I’ve given them total proof of cheating in Epic arena. The fact that it seems they want to just wish the cheaters all away is a slap in the face to players in my opinion.

I don’t mind these conversations but they are exhausting to me since I type like a caveman and they take me around an hour to do?? Sorry, no caveman icon?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@shapokomanbeast Epic does have its flaws but they are less compared to Transformers and you are forgetting the simple fact that most problems in Epic are bypassed while they cannot be in ABT.

You are forgetting that YOU might not need not another Prime to complete a level but that doesn’t mean others won’t as well. Collecting bots and upgrading them is a crucial part of the game and the game itself harms that experience. You might not care for that but that’s exactly what I am trying to tell you. YOU might not want that but there are others who do and just for the record, take a look at the ABT forum and you’ll see how people are frustrated over this game and still play in hopes that it will get better someday. Compared to that hate, there’s less hate in Epic in general.

Epic has some negatives, all things have. Freemium games in general have a knack for making the players force to spend money but it is more evident in ABT. Maybe you wouldn’t mind but I certainly would if Epic had set items that we could only get by spending real money. Now THAT would be on par with ABT. You have to think from both sides of the perspective to understand.

Also I don’t claim to be in a higher plane of existence nor do I support the notion. I’m just a simple guy who liked a concept too much to see it fail. If you like ABT, more power to you. :)

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@datguygamer

I guess I will have to take your word for it because the most frustrating part of this conversation for me has been that I could really care less about ABT especially since, like yourself, it’s a big disappointment to me. I’m not so much defending ABT as I am defending my feelings on Epic.

Between grinding on epic and keeping tabs on this forum I don’t have the energy to follow the ABT thread. If there is a big feeling of injustice there I truly do give my sympathies to those there?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@shapokomanbeast

When you have a bit of time on hands, I encourage you to visit there. You’ll see my point right then.

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

@datguygamer @shapokomanbeast
    At least it’s not what happens in AB GO! v2.0+.
    It’s much worse. Even I can’t play.
    It’s not just about money in GO!, it’s also about great luck. Even if you spend so many bucks to collect the parts, you should (probably) still have (even) small(er) chance to get the ultra rare parts.
    I’m enjoying my second week in the Gold league. 100% Guarantee to go to Platinum, then I’ll sell Diamond quickly before 3 weeks.
    I just want the diamond trophy, again. And, Pig Squire! (Well, I don’t have ANY set item for my banner and diamond league won’t give me any effects on getting Pig Squire????????????????).
    I’m hunting for time jump now because I’ve collected a 3-star resurrection emblem just now! I’m replacing the 2-star item now.
    At last, #PrayforAnythingEpicChuckWants.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@aufar-ramadhan By “pig squire”, I think you mean the Valiant Head and Valiant Tapestry?

I don’t play Go! anymore after they made it online only.

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

@datguygamer Yes, normally I call them pig squire set.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@suzyq HOHO is still around I just faced him in the Arena.

@smwforever45
    unfortunately your green counterpart will be robbed of advancement this week.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bubbley
    Oh noes! Wish I could hug him :(
    Friggin cheaters.

(BTW my advancement is pretty safe now, I just keep playing for my objectives as there are no grinders on my board, they’re all so chill… totally unusual)

@all
    Not sure if I just never noticed this before but…
    I cleared my objectives yesterday before I went to bed.
    Today, I wake up and am presented with Arena Treasure being on once again.
    I go to the Arena… and I obtained 5 shards.
    I don’t think I ever got the shards the day after I cleared the objectives.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@smwforever45 I have noticed that I get shards the following day if I clear objectives the night before.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@bubbley

Words fail me:(

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

I’ve tried using Elite Guardian against enemies with 1100 power and it worked Surprisingly WELL!
    The EGuardian can quickly disarm enemies and works well with my ESkulks. But I won’t recommend using Bomb with this SkulkGuard combo. Matilda and Chuck are better options.

Does anyone here encounter random lags other than me?
    It’s worse than the “after event” crash. For me.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

45 minutes left and I have a warm and comfy Top 3 position. Going Gold again!

EDIT:

He fought hard to get to Top 3… He was on #4 just a few minutes ago but grinded a bit. I let him win, my advancement to Gold is not endangered :)

Suzy
    @suzyq

@smwforever45

What a nice thing to do :) it was very close on your board, well done again.

My board was very strange, but I’m not complaining. Although all the slots had names only 8 people played until yesterday when the 9th person joined in, the rest of the names had zero scores.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@kennymcc

Is the AD-MIRA-L just ghosting on my board this week? You probably won’t start until tomorrow but just thought I would check?

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 Well done, champ! I’m through too – YAY!

arena.jpg

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryde Why is your game in English?

angryde
    @angryde

@datguygamer Lol. Because English is my native language. German is my second language. I am originally from Sydney, Australia, but I have been living/working in Hamburg, Germany since late November 2012. XD

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde Congrats to you too mate!

It seems that this week, I was sent to an already occupied league… I did my objectives in a lonely league, then after I cleared the last one, I found myself on #3 in a full league. No heavy grinders yet. Hopefully it’ll stay like that…

Also – I’ve got @angryjohnny in my league this week :D He has no points yet, though.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@smwforever45 Well I haven’t played in this week yet :-)
    We will see later if you are in my board or if you are just experiencing my ghost ;-)

Speaking of which, what league are you in this week? Silver, Gold, Platinum?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryjohnny
    I advanced to Gold :)
    If you’re in Platinum then it will be unfair toward me because you can gain more points per battle…

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@smwforever45 Sooooooooo then it would probably not please you to hear that I was promoted to Platinum this week? ;-)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 1,254 total)
  • The topic ‘Arena Season 8’ is closed to new replies.