Arena Season 7

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 7

Viewing 25 replies - 601 through 625 (of 1,143 total)
  • Replies
  • KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45 That was/is my experience in Arena Battles. I use ManaShell set in my Arena battles very often (almost all the time) and it is very interesting to see how it is procing. When facing Rainbird (he attacks 3 targets, I usually use Underdog emblem with 2 birds so he has 3 targets – 2 birds + Banner), my team resists Rainbird’s negative effect mostly only on 1 target, resistance on 0 targets or 2 targets seems to have similar chance to happen and one of these happen quite often and resistance on all 3 targets is really really very rare (this one should proc more often than 0 targets resistance but it has opposite result :( ). As I said, I have quite different imagination what is 60% :)

I enchanted my favourite set item weapons to level 10 (Dragon, Mana, Beep, Scissors) :) I do not enchant off-hand set items much except for Chuck :)

Anonymous

@kennymcc
    You’re going to have a hard time convincing people like @pointless and @smwforever45 (and myself, for that matter) that any of the game effects (other than the coin toss for the past couple weeks) aren’t based on a legit RNG. In various places in these forums, people have given examples of large sample size data which shows that all these % effects process at the advertised rates. I suspect you won’t be interested in doing this, but I suggest you honestly count the proc rates of your and your opponents’ spells/attacks/etc, over a large enough sample size to be statistically accurate. I’m confident you’ll find them to be as stated.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    My experiences are entirely different. When I attack with Rainbird, usually 1-3 birds are resistant; when I get attacked by Rainbird, usually 1-3 birds are resistant. Same goes for Thunderbird too, and all other percentage chances, like the stun from Bard, the shortened revival time from Valiant, or Resurrection, or TJ. You can’t convince me otherwise with just words. You need to feed me statistics :P

Pointless
    @pointless

Prior to the latest update, my Team was maxed with L52/E10 Sets. This did provide the benefit, as some have said, of never facing opponents much higher in rating. Not only did this make battles generally easier, but some of us thought the coin toss was tied to these power numbers somehow. I was actually tracking these numbers before the update, but now with the toss the way it is, the data is irrelevant.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

I a very glad that i am not using the Arena any more, getting disappointing losing the flip coin every time… and every time to losing my Ckuck…

drobbinsjr
    @drobbinsjr

@kennymcc: How can you be at Level 62 when the MAX is 60 ?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@drobbinsjr That’s not his Player level, that’s the Set Item weapon level. Since the Enchantment update, now whenever you get a Set Item at a certain player level, it will always be 2 levels higher than your own. @kennymcc is at Player level 60, so his Set Items will be at Weapon level 62. I am at Level 45, so my Set Items will be Level 47.

The similar happens to normal items too:
    3 star item at Player Level 60: Level 61 (however still weaker than Set Items)
    2 star item at Player Level 60: Level 60
    1 star item at Player Level 60: Level 59
    0 star item at Player Level 60: Level 58

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    That’s not quite right:
    Set items received at L60 will be L62.
    However, non-set items received at L60 will be:
    – L61 at 3 stars,
    – L60 at 2 stars,
    – L59 at 1 star, and
    – L58 at 0 stars.

That is why set items are stronger than normal items. Because they are at a higher level. Plus, the increased bonuses.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Finished Diamond in 8th place.
    First objective in new week: 5 wins with Thunderbird.
    Stahp torturing me game. ;-;

Jim151
    @jim151

Coin toss still broken. 1/10 today after going 14/69 last week. Makes grinding really frustration. If I’m lucky, I get 2 stars. Played and won 10 battles today, and I have a total of 6080 points (silver league).

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Realized pretty early that I made a small error but didn’t quite make it in time to correct that due to not having internet for the whole day. Ah well, fixed that tho.

angryde
    @angryde

Made it to Platinum… and with two hours remaining… I’m praying this board holds.

@smwforever45
    Es ist schwer zu glauben…

platinum.jpg

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    Ja… echt schwer…

Even with 7,330 points ahead of #4-#15 – they could still catch up.
    That is, when you can’t do two 3k objectives due to missing classes, and they do them all. (Happened to me last week. I would’ve been at #5 or #6 if I had been able to clear all objectives.)
    Still – I haven’t seen a board like this since season 5, or when the huge empty league bug happened. In seasons 6 and 7, I was always on the most fricking competitive boards in the entire pool.

Right now, I’m at #13. Incredible. Two players are still at 0 points – one of them does not have a frame around his avatar (his name is “imad”). Either first-season player, or a hacker that’ll join in later at 1 million points. All others are ahead of me, and 11 people did all their objectives (one grinded up to 17k points – why the hell!).

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

“Win 3 battles and defeat 3 birds in your turn!”
    Is that objective new? I’ve never had it before and I never saw the icon before either.

EDIT: The “Win 3 battles” part is a bit confusing. You can also win the objective in a single battle if you KO all enemy birds in a single turn, 3 times.

Completing all objectives will still give 5 shards when Arena Treasure is on.

Coin tosses are not corrected. You still lose more often than you win. It seemed different at first when I won 3 consecutive tosses; but after that, I lost all the rest. Did 7 or 8 battles to clear all my objectives (and lost twice, of which one to a totally overpowered team – that Wizard did 2000 damage and the Spies did 2200 damage, compared to 1800/1600 on my birds respectively!)

Mp127
    @mp127

Dailies.png

I have seen the second objective 2 times: is it new? I don’t recognize this one.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@mp127
    I got it before, but it was a 3k objective and you had to do 5 battles without supportive abilities not two. This specific one may be new.

Mp127
    @mp127

@smwforever45 I’m ‘just’ in stone league, so lower objectives makes sense. Thanks anyway, just I’m not sure when it was introduced.

Pointless
    @pointless

@mp127 I have seen that objective as both a Primary (5 times) and Secondary (2 times) one.

@smwforever45
    that Objective is fairly new, but was buggy when first introduced, so it was briefly removed. Now it is completed as described (still in an ambiguous manner) in that you have to KO all three enemies is a single turn. Obvioulsy Resurrect against is detrimental to completing this, while Chrono Crest on your side is quite a help.
    And yes, you certainly can complete it multiple times in one battle, if you are that good (or lucky) :D

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@mp127
    I haven’t ever seen certain objectives not or only rarely appearing in lower leagues.

@pointless

For me, it was luck. :P I was able to get two 1-turn-kills in a single battle.

PS: My Valiant flag finally received an upgrade. From Silver/L52 to Diamond/L62. Enchanted it to rank 4. That’s a whopping 4k health bonus for my banner, now at 23k. :D

Jim151
    @jim151

Small sample size, but today I am 4/7 on coin flips, so we’ll see.

Been facing Chuck with new set a lot. One annoying thing about it; twice I have knocked out the banner and Chuck with the same attack, and the enemy gets their bonus attacks anyway. Just now it cost me a star, as both of the others attacked my banner after theirs was down. That’s not right.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@jim151
    There is similar stupidity when you destroy enemy banner with resurrection emblem and even destroyed banner resurrects defeated birds :D

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

I received this reply from Rovio after the opposing team would not attack and my team was dead.
    Then I complained in a separate request about the coin toss. They “merged” !!!! both tickets and offered no compensation.

Jul 5, 17:07 EEST

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us and sorry to hear you’ve had some trouble with Angry Birds Epic. Our sincere apologies for the slow reply. We have been very busy recently and unable to reply to all emails as quickly as we would like. We have merged your other request #1306666 with this one.

Your opponents aren’t knocked out in that screenshot so this doesn’t sound quite right. If you any more trouble please let us know.

After the introduction of the coin-flip set the developers found a few corner cases where the chance of winning the coin toss could be lowered. This has now been fixed.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you continue to enjoy Angry Birds Epic.

Best regards,

Ellie

Jun 18, 00:09 EEST

I had just completed “kill all 3 birds with single attack” when their vengeful emblem annihilated all my team. It was opponents turn but they would not attack. Completed the objective, did not receive credit for it and had to exit and lose a life.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@dallasreds thanks for sharing the reply.

They said ” After the introduction of the coin-flip set the developers found a few corner cases where the chance of winning the coin toss could be lowered. This has now been fixed.”

What does a few corner cases mean as I’ve never heard that expression before? I wonder why my coin toss changed as I haven’t even got the complete set to use. They say it has now been fixed. I don’t think it has been fixed properly as I’m still losing far more coin tosses than I win even though I down loaded the latest update today.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

In Platinum league with 3 lives left from yesterday, I used Blues dice set until I lost 3.
    Here are the coin tosses:
    W 5
    L 11 including 4 in a row.
    4 losses were reversed by cheater set making the total 9-7.
    I faced 1 foe using the set.
    It is very hard to find a evenly matched opponent now. I was able to move from 7th to 4th because of the tightly packed completion from one through eleven.
    I came back to fight some more (I forgot I lost 3 already) and my next foe was @angryde.
    Good thing I was out of lives!

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@suzyq
    I was an app programmer for more than a decade in my younger years. I have never heard of corner cases…. Sounds like BS TO ME!!

Wait a minute … I think corner cases is when in AB2 a pig falls into a corner where you can’t defeat him. Ha! (It’s been a frequent complaint in that forum for many months.)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 7

Viewing 25 replies - 601 through 625 (of 1,143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.