Arena Season 11

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 11

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 540 total)
  • Replies
  • DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer

It’s called “bite the hand that feeds”. I never thought of that until I got stung by trying to do the right thing for the powers above me; I never got over it :(. Sometimes, doing the right thing does not pay, even though we all know that’s what we should do. I guess we put too much faith in the wrong people, people who we thought could be trusted.

@jamairoqui

Aye.

Well, it will be even greater again by first sinking to greater depths.

@cosmicdebris

This makes absolutely no sense at all. Known cheaters get to play, but honest players such as yourself got chastised. And I had completed all objectives under 10 minutes once or twice but did not suffer this fate. I’d write to Rovio to at least compensate you with say the top prizes and move you up the league regardless.

DD
    @toolow

@kennymcc

I’m all for it. Let’s make it a big enough impact to make them listen. If we can mobilize ABN, great. Beyond that, even better. Angry Birds, meet ANGRY FANS.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc While I am not against a petition, that wouldn’t accomplish anything. We don’t have proof of any kind and since we all communicate with each other through monitors and text, what they say as the developer firm is final. Plus, when they believe that I have used a 3rd party program, I don’t think any kind of petitions will help as they will ignore those messages. (Yes, I tend to look at the negative side of things if you couldn’t tell.)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@angryde @pointless @toolow @poptimus @bubbley @metztli013 @suzyq @jamairoqui @sam-spargo @dallasreds
    So who is in?
    And what do we write to Rovio exactly? I am so good in english but I would write something like this:

Hello,
    we heard that you reset our ABN-friend @datguygamer (email account) ABE account. We all know that @datguygamer is honest player and you made huge mistake!!! He has never used any 3rd party SW or violated any copyright policies – BTW. how can you say anything about violation of copyright policies if you dont distribute them to anyone!!! Lets be honest, your game was/is and will always be full of bugs and we all ABN players (especially @datguygamer) try to find them and report them to you. We also try (especially @datguygamer) suggest you things to improve ABE game. And after that, you just reset @datguygamer account without any relevant proof that he broke any rules, and also without any warning??? If you want to say that @datguygamer is cheater then you say that we all are cheaters. If you dont reload @datguygamer account back, you force us to quit playing too!!!

I am not sure if this is enough, you can correct it as u want.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Forgot to mention this but they said they wiped off my progress meaning they have deleted my progress from their servers (which I believe would be the thing to do if I was in their position). So I don’t think they can restore deleted files (or at least that would be my best guess).

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

Rovio is fuc*ing kidding me. Cheater, because I grind too much? Thats ridiculous!!!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Oh goodness. I just read up on the story. I wondered why @datguygamer wasn’t showing up on my friend list anymore and the explanation is right there…

Rovio you f***er.
    Like, ok, I guess we can overlook the constant false cheater alarms. We can overlook all the real cheaters you are missing. We can overlook land krakens. We can overlook the constantly pushed away goal that is Max Mastery. We can overlook missing trophies. We can overlook missing Snoutlings prices. We can overlook the missing continuation of the storyline.
    But what you did now can’t be overlooked. Right here you completely deleted TWO YEARS OF PROGRESS. FROM AN HONEST DAILY PLAYER. AND YOU’RE NOT EVEN GIVING EVIDENCE FOR YOUR ACCUSATIONS??? OUTRAGEOUS ROVIO, VERY WELL DONE.
    =_______=

@datguygamer
    , I will dearly miss you. Yoshi yoshi.

@kennymcc
    , I’d be glad to sign that petition but I question its use. I mean, they could give him an L80-M80 account, but all the set items that he collected over time would still be missing. If it’s true what he said and all data has been wiped, he won’t see it again even if Rovio was willing to restore it (…which I doubt, since they seem so full of themselves right now).

EDIT: Oh, and the original reason why I came here…
    I finally got my first Mythical emblem. Woohoo. Not quite happy even though I should be. It’s just the whole story revolving around one of the best friends I met here. :(

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

Oh I have found that I am event cheater too :D Isnt it amazing :D

EDIT: Hours of grinding in arena and event for nothing. I know thats nothing to what happened to @datguygamer.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc How many did you grind in a span of one hour?

@smwforever45
    Congratulations mate for your first Mythic Emblem. Which one is it?

And yeah, my story sucks. They didn’t give me any proof when I asked them how they know I did this and why now of all things, they didn’t respond back. So I am now forcefully booted off the game. I tried starting again but I cannot get myself to push again from Cobalt Valley (while the story may not matter much in terms of progress, all my collected stuff is gone as well and that hurts me more). Still, good luck in the current event. Hopefully you’ll go for first place and get those bonus rewards.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kennymcc did you watch the video to double your rewards? It has been causing problems in the Arena. I watch it without trouble in the event. I can’t think of another reason you should be so labelled. I’m so sorry.

Edit: your score shows just over 21k in the event and just over 31k in the Arena no Cheater label.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@datguygamer At the very least your story should be highlighted here as a cautionary tale for others. My take is that Rovio has a different view of what constitutes cheating than what the typical player might think is cheating. If they consider exploiting a bug in the game to be cheating, then your “crime” might be they think you were going through the code trying to find bugs that could be exploited. Especially if Rovio thinks you were providing this information to others. If that was what happened, then their reaction makes sense (although I do not agree with what Rovio did, I’m just saying I can rationalize it, a little).

In the grand scheme of life, losing game progress is not the worst thing that can happen, but when my entire game got deleted a while back I felt like I had been punched in the stomach. So I think I understand your frustration and anger.

I can send a letter to Rovio on your behalf, I suspect that somewhere they have a backup of your account. (Nobody that ever rage-quit a forum or game ever completely deletes their account, there is always an old backup kicking around somewhere.) However, I am not on particularly good terms with Rovio myself (I might have called them bandits at one point for not telling people the A/GPMs were broken).

@smwforever45
    Yesterday/today, on my daily free AGPM spins, I got a L80 (platinum) Valiant Head/Banner (first L80 banner set items). Which is nice because I don’t use anything else so I can ignore dropping LCs on the AGPM until I get back to diamond.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer The strange thing is that I was labelled as cheater in Arena and Event at once. I am not sure howmany points I was able to grind in 1 hour. I remember that I made 2500 points thanks to objectives and another extra aprox. 3000 points from the reward wheel.

@bubbley
    Yeah I watched and used the “double points” video and it seemed to work ok.
    Another strange thing is that I can see my real position in arena (the number in middle of the arena screen), but when open the board I see myself labelled as cheater with zero points.

@sam-spargo
    How do u see me on the board?

@jamairoqui
    If the main reason why Rovio reset @datguygamer account was digging in the files of the game and talking here about it (whatever it was), Rovio should first send some warning about that. Ok, Rovio can have some of their rules but they should let known about that and/or warn before make any devastating act.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@jamairoqui congratulations. What does the Platinum signify. I spun a level 80 Mythic TJ from a friends machine which is my only level 80 set item. Very happy with it. Not using it yet though, hoping to get a banner in the 5x riot.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jamairoqui Very good arguments, but I wish it didn’t turn out this way. I want my stuff back but since I got no proof, it all seems like I am trying to prove myself innocent but failing at it because a volume of people believe me of improper exploits. Still it’s good to read these and feel somewhat god inside. I wanted to participate in the upcoming events and I finally managed to get and help more friends in my Facebook circle for exchanging items but in the end, it was all for naught. I tried starting again, but I don’t have that drive anymore. Still, I will be here in the forums.

Pointless
    @pointless

@datguygamer I am not sure how the burden of proof falls on to you. It should be the other way around, and Rovio should provide this if they have taking this drastic step. But I guess they’re not answering you. I will ask them (as we all should). Any of us could be next if it’s simply because we play the game “too much, and acquire “too many” resources etc. Troubling…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless If you get stuff too many, they may just sync your progress by reducing the number of items (kind of what happened to me when I got 990K Flotsam). Your main progress won’t get reset then, only some side stuff. But in my case, they are certain that I used 3rd party software and since I am one against their team, I feel the burden of proof is on me. They explained they suspect me of using these software as they “found out” my accomplishments in the game were achieved that way (which I heavily think was due to my max mastery so quickly and max enchanted ancients which I shouldn’t have collected so hastily). That’s my guess as to how they got me. As a bonus, they stated their copyright stuff also against me. That’s why this proof thing is bugging me as I don’t have anything solid to say for myself while they may just say “This user was found to be cheating so we decided to erase his stuff.” How will you argue against?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer I dont remember howmany points I grind per hour, but I made 2500 points from objectives and another aprox. 3000 points from reward wheel. The strange thing is that I was laballed as cheater in Arena and the Event at once.

@bubbley
    Yeah I watched the video to get double points and it seemed to work properly. I havent noticed any strange behavior. Another strange thing is that I can see my “real” position number in middle of the arena screen (I just hit 1st place so I should have aprox. 32430 points, what number u see?), but on the board I am zeroed as cheater.

@sam-spargo
    How do u see me on the board? As cheater? Or with regular points?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer I dont remember howmany points I grind per hour, but I made 2500 points from objectives and another aprox. 3000 points from reward wheel. The strange thing is that I was laballed as cheater in Arena and the Event at once.

@bubbley
    Yeah I watched the video to get double points and it seemed to work properly. I havent noticed any strange behavior. Another strange thing is that I can see my “real” position number in middle of the arena screen (I just hit 1st place so I should have aprox. 32430 points, what number u see?), but on the board I am zeroed as cheater.

@sam-spargo
    How do u see me on the board? As cheater? Or with regular points?

Pointless
    @pointless

@datguygamer if that reasoning was sound, then why are the people we both know still allowed in the game that have hacked L9999999 accounts, actively promoting ways to hack the game? If this is tolerated, then their reasoning is complete BS. There must be more to it, which demands proof from Rovio.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

I am not able to submit this text!!! WTF is going on here???

Putte
    @puttekula

Hey Dat, whats up? Hmmm, but now when ur in the position of a accused cheater. Isnt it time to just srew this game and do what u can? Its just a game thats taken to big proportions after all…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless fair point but when I asked further questions and sent more emails, they never responded back. So they ignored me and thus my demands went nowhere.

@kennymcc
    In the new versions, when you are labelled as a cheater in one board, it auto assumes you will or are cheating n the other board as well and thus punishes you altogether. If you got 5.5 K point that fast, maybe that’s why the system was alerted.

@puttekula
    What are you suggesting here by “do what u can”?

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@bubbley I think the rank of arena set items is tied to your league level when you receive them. So if you are currently in wood but got to platinum last season (my case), you get a platinum-level set item. If I get to diamond this season, I would get diamond-level set items for this season and all of next season. If you look through your arena set items, chances are some are of lower value, even if they have the same level (unless you have been, and remained, diamond for each season). There are some odd rules about spinning set items on a friend’s AGPM, especially if it is a filled rainbow bar spin.

@datguygamer
    It seems like they are making an example of you because they can, not because it’s going to solve the core problem that their game is easy to hack and people do it all the time. The fact that it contains enough bugs that it creates situations ripe for exploitation even without people actively hacking the code and data files makes it even sillier to go after one person. It’s just dumb.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer

Seems like a pretty good emblem. But I don’t care much since I only play the Arena for ~15 minutes a week.

Glad you will still be around in the forums, but I wonder how you will participate when you don’t play Epic anymore?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 11

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 540 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.