Arena Season 11

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 11

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 540 total)
  • Replies
  • Suzy
    @suzyq

@metztli013

I just realized not only does it say Top 5 when you click on the totem pole, but also when you open your board and look right at the bottom it also says Top 5 there as well.

It’s really sloppy. Obviously no one checks new updates before they are released. I’m also tired of hearing it’s a mistake etc.

DD
    @toolow

Seeing that quite a few of us are calling it a day with the arena, this may be a good time for as many ABNers as feasible to stop playing the next season. Would the drop in traffic be noticeable to send a message? I don’t know, but perhaps Rovio needs a waking up call.

@suzyq
    What can I say? History keeps repeating itself. As long as there is no discernible consequences, it’s unlikely they’ll ever change. Well, perhaps not even that. When the wrong people are in the job, and the poor investors are being led by the nose…

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@suzyq it’s not that simple. I am sure they meant the top 5 to go through but they didn’t implement it because they are unbelievably sloppy and actually don’t care, so the easy way out, because many players will be angry, is to say they didn’t mean it. I was expecting that response.

I will play this season out. I will join at some point this week but I can’t play at all on Sunday so it’s pot luck. If I don’t join I will be demoted so I hope not to be. It’s just pride because I am not continuing so it doesn’t actually matter.

Pointless
    @pointless

@bubbley it is a sorry state of affairs to read that…pride was once the reason for Arena, and we all enjoyed it simply for that reason. Now we have even lost that little motivation.
    I have reached Diamond, but not yet started, as all I care about at this point is the new Arena trophy…I swear if this is also a “mistake” and we get Red again I will lose all kinds of politeness (and sanity)

angryde
    @angryde

@toolow I threw in the towel last week re: arena. The tank is empty. I also made ZERO effort during the birthday event. I appear to no longer care.

DD
    @toolow

@angryde Understandable but sad that even the angriest of birds gave up. The flock is definitely dwindling. :(

Suzy
    @suzyq

@angryde

@toolow

Yes it is sad. Rovio has certainly managed to demoralize a lot of us. Shame as it was a good game ?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I joined an hour ago and yet again have to deal with cheats. IGNEEL and PICSENA are in the league which is not full. I should not have bothered. I will not see the season through enough is enough.

DD
    @toolow

@bubbley
    It’s the summer of discontent. So sad that arena is in such a state that’s just a magnet to cheats but a total turn off for many honest players. Oh I long for the days seeing ABNers on the same board having fun. You’ll be missed. :(

metztli013
    @metztli013

This is all so sad =( it hurts my soul. Rovio should be tried for the murder of our joy. They killed it! They’re murderers! Nay, SERIAL KILLERS!!

Anonymous

I don’t get how cheaters are even still in Gold this week. Shouldn’t they have reached diamond a couple of weeks ago?

Suzy
    @suzyq

@bubbley

Unbelievable, and very sorry to see that you have 2 cheaters and won’t be finishing the season. Maybe there is chance they will both be zeroed?

I joined my board Monday and found MOA who now calls themselves TIMA but they have been zeroed. I’m battling with 5 very determined grinders.

@poptimus

I’m still in Gold same as Bubbley but only got 1 cheater. Like you I’m surprised that they aren’t in in Diamond already, it’s very strange.

DD
    @toolow

@poptimus

@suzyq

The REAL cheaters can insert themselves to any league, or all the leagues they want, it would appear. I’ve seen some in my league when they were promoted but turned up on the same league the following week. And you see postings here on different threads that suggest various underhanded ways they can operate.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@suzyq one week I played with 7 known cheats -another with two and now again. Not once were they reset to zero although they were obviously cheating. I’m just tired of it. I could easily complete my objectives but I can’t play on Sunday so it is unlikely I will remain in Gold. So what’s the point?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

My league is now full only 3 cheats I think. I will play because I hate to leave things unfinished. My heart is not in it.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@bubbley

I’m feeling sad for you. You’re a real trooper for carrying on as it’s a rotten way to finish.

Pointless
    @pointless

@kennymcc and I see you are now labelled a cheater again…that massive score of ~30K must have triggered the oh-so perfect anti-cheat system. What a joke.
    I am happy at 5th (now) with no effort. This is certainly my denouement, really considering blowing a stack of LCs to equip all Ancients, and then calling it a day…except for that ellusive Elite Wizard…

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

I’ve been thinking, a little, about what to do about cheaters, since Rovio’s detection scheme is clearly about as effective as 16th-century methods for dealing with staph infections. What if instead of having promotion in the Arena leagues be dependent on finishing order, promotion was based on achieving a fixed score. There could still be chests and stars and scores to determine the “winner,” or “best cheater,” but if you wanted to be promoted to the next higher league, you have to get at least 70,000 points over a 7-day span. Or maybe 50,000 points over 7 days.

That would also force people to play all seven days of the league, and it would render sniping-type cheating irrelevant as far as promotions were concerned.

As it stands now, a player can play fairly the entire week, investing hours of gameplay, and then they get skunked out on the final day by 3 cheaters who spend about 5 minutes modifying their game data file.

You would still have to deal with cheaters who were after the chest at the end, but at least people could progress through the levels by playing fairly.

There has to be a problem with this idea, but I’m not seeing a huge drawback.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

I placed 4th to my own weekly Gold Arena tournament , with a final points’ gap from the 3rd of 1k only. I could have been promoted easily with a solid strategy during all’ the week, but I managed to make intense but short than usual rushes trying to capitalize as much as I could . Seemed to me that no cheaters were in, this time. 1st had 75k, myself 58k.

I started enchanting what I had for banner at L82, now , posticipating the idea of waitng for a Quick “enchanting periodo, while at Diamond level”

Suzy
    @suzyq

@jamairoqui

With 10 extra players on the board plus the Season is now 2 weeks shorter your idea sounds good to me.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@winkwink

I see we are sharing the same board this week. I finally got out of Gold after 4 weeks ?

Unfortunately for us I see we share it with MEO and 8===3. TIMO (OMA) was on my board last week and was labelled as a cheater, same as this week, but obviously not a problem.

Chippye456 is a big grinder but not a cheat.

I’m just going to stay out of the bottom 5 as I had a tough time last week getting to 2nd place and need a rest.

Good luck to you and hope you do well.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@pointless
    Yeah, it seems I was grinding too much. I dont understand why Rovio has such non-sense thresholds in ABE, which can “catch” regular players and mark them as cheaters :( So again no reward from the event for me :(

Grecian-Boy
    @grecian-boy

@toolow

Well I didn’t get very far with Rovio suggesting they place me in Platinum last week, however they did acknowledge that I had been cheated out of promotion so gave me 60 LC’s for my grinding trouble. Not a great result tbh.

I started on Friday last week and managed to finish 2nd, so am now in Platinum with three weeks left to reach Diamond. I claimed my rewards immediately thanks to your advice.

Really don’t know why I put myself through the Arena anymore, it’s painful !

I agree that this Top 5 thing on the Totem was clearly something they were supposed to implement as part of the Arena downtime a number of weeks ago and would seem sensible with an increase in the league to 25. Very sloppy if you ask me.

DD
    @toolow

@grecian-boy

That’s the standard respond I’m afraid. If you don’t push, you’ll not get more. Then again, they’ve become more and more stingy lately.

So long as your bird level is relatively low, this will help to promote you without wasting significant amount of time.

It is painful especially since they’ve increased the table size from 15 to 25, and dangle a sought after prize for the winner. Less payout overall, and the top prize will probably go to cheaters and ultra grinders. And while these lot scramble for the top prize, everybody else are just squeezed out of top 3. I mean, 2 days in, and the top player on my board is over 60k, and the 3rd place is over 30k. Other than the top 5, everybody else either just complete their objectives or didn’t even bother.

They are sloppy where code quality is concerned, but not the top 5. They may have toyed with the idea but they really want to force you to scramble for scrap and pay through the nose to get them. Sure, they need the revenue to continue, but this is just mean spirited.

Most of my FB friends have stopped playing the arena, and a lot are calling it a day after this season. If this does not improve, or get even worse, safe to say I won’t be very active in the arena, if at all.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

I had the same experience you described during last 3 months. Best prizes are for grinders or cheaters and you, too often, only play for nonsensical daily arena routine.

It Will bè better to find a smarter way to relief from stress rather than playing these arena tourneys.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 11

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 540 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.