Arena Season 11

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 11

Viewing 15 replies - 526 through 540 (of 540 total)
  • Replies
  • metztli013
    @metztli013

I FINALLY made it to Platinum league. I joined after midnight on Saturday, so very early Sunday morning. It ends at 4pm on Sunday for me. There were only 4 people on my board when I joined, and I think it ended with only 8. I completed my 1st two objectives and then spent 2-3 hours grinding Sunday afternoon leading up to the end, and saved my 3k objective for the last 15 minutes. Manged to finish with 1st. I was in pretty close competition with a fella named Speedy for a while – Speedy if you’re out there, I’m sorry to put you through that lol. But I was on a mission to get out of Gold. Speedy ended up in 3rd I think, so no harm. =)

I just hope I can pull off the same this week, I hate to leave the arena without a Diamond trophy. It’ll feel incomplete.

DD
    @toolow

@metztli013
    Nice to see that late joining still works occasionally for some. Good luck for the final week of the season.

Pointless
    @pointless

@metztli013 congrats! You really do have to push for Diamond now, don’t you? Are you going to risk the same strategy?

metztli013
    @metztli013

@pointless Yep it’s gonna be a battle! I’m hanging in by the skin of my teeth. But yes, I’m going to risk the same strategy. It just hurts my soul anymore to deal with the arena. I can’t do an entire week =(

@toolow
    It’s kind of a toss-up now whether it’s going to help or not. Typically I’d join on Thursday, right before the objectives rolled over for the day if I could. Used to that would work great, not so much these days. I didn’t join on Thursday last week, though. I think I was just busy and kept forgetting, but joining early Sunday morning worked out for me. Hopefully it does again.

Pointless
    @pointless

Now that’s a sheer monstrosity of a new Trophy…best they could do, or just another sign of how little thought goes into the game at this point?

Buds
    @budstheawesome

The frame isn’t too much different too. As most people know now: Rovio only wants money and not a community.

Grecian-Boy
    @grecian-boy

@metztli013

That was one hectic board in the last 2 hours. Sorry you came fourth. No idea how the guy that finished first managed to join 2 hours before the end and come first on over 18k. Think there was only 900 points between us at the end. I hate the Arena now, really not sure if I can go another season..

Suzy
    @suzyq

When I got the new update I looked to see if they had changed the wording from Top 5 to Top 3, but they hadn’t.

I was resigned to getting a Platinum trophy as I got stuck in 5th place for the whole week due to ultra grinders.   However, much to my surprise I did get a Diamond Trophy. So it looks like the wording is right now.

@pointless

@buds

I agree the trophy and fame were very disappointing 😞

Anonymous

@suzyq

i got a diamond trophy and frame too, and definitely didn’t reach diamond this season, so don’t be so sure that top five actually get promoted now.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@poptimus

Thanks for letting me know. I’m actually going to take a break from the Arena for a while but I will be around as I will still be doing the events. I also want to work on my birds.  All my birds are  level 80, M60 – M70. I’d like to get them to L80/ M80.

DuncTK421
    @dunctk421

LOL.  I only played the last week this season.  Took first and should have been promoted to Stone, and gotten the Stone trophy.  I got the Platinum one.

Also, why are my trophies from Seasons 1-9 MIA?  I had a Diamond one I liked to display.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

My game finally did load so I finished in second place in Diamond League. The new Diamond trophy is amazingly ugly I think. Is it supposed to be Terence?

metztli013
    @metztli013

@grecian-boy

LOL! that was indeed a crazy few hours. I thought I had it in the bag. But then, I didn’t. I tried to fight all the way to the end, but gave up at the 5 minute mark because I knew I just couldn’t pull it off. I saw Speedy again, though he didn’t put up much of a fight this week.

Somehow, though, I got a Diamond trophy. It looks pretty with all of my other trophies, but it’s… unclean. False. I am definitely taking a long break from the arena. I can’t say that I won’t return one day. But Rovio has got to get their s*$# together. I will continue to log in occasionally for GPMs and events and whatnot. I still don’t even have a single bird at max level, so maybe from time to time I can do some grinding in the caves and level up my birds. I have to say that I’m enjoying Angry Birds Evolution. I know it’s still Rovio, but it’s something different and that’s a nice change of pace.  Hope to see you guys around there! =)

Suzy
    @suzyq

@dunctk421

You need to contact Rovio Suport and let them know what you are missing. A few of us lost our trophies a while ago but Rovio got them back for us, but only after we raised a ticket.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

Everyone got a diamond trophy and personally that is exceedingly annoying. I played carefully all season long to get to gold and stay in gold so I would get a gold trophy (I was completing the set). Gold is turning out to be especially problematic (e.g., one season I was in gold and then they had the glitch where we were all in a league with only ourselves so everyone moved up, and I ended up in platinum). This season I had it nailed, moved up to gold the week before last to avoid the “single league” issue, carefully started the last week of the season when the mayhem event was going on so that scores at the top in my league would be insane (they were), played just enough to not get demoted (saw Poptimus and ABN_kea in my league), and then when I should have had my gold trophy, they give everyone a diamond.

There was a pencil in my hand and when I saw the diamond trophy instead of the gold it snapped clean in two with a report that sounded as loud as a gunshot. So now I have to go through it all again.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 11

Viewing 15 replies - 526 through 540 (of 540 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.