Arena Season 11

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 11

Viewing 25 replies - 451 through 475 (of 540 total)
  • Replies
  • Seb
    @sebth

English is not my mother langage, so sorry if it’s not perfectly clear :-)

@toolow
    for what I saw during this week with the leader of my board, I suspect that there is a threshold for every day in the anticheat system and some players know the level.

If you go more than this threshold, you are simply labelled as cheater like you on Friday (it’s why I asked you about the day). I noticed that the leader of my board was playing a lot every day until he reached a certain level. When the level was reached, his score did not increase during the whole day and when new objectives were available,  he started again to play a lot.
    Maybe I’m little bit to suspicious but it was so repeatitive to be a coincidence and his score on Friday was very close to yours when you were labeled as cheater.
    I think that this threshold was not active during this weekend due to the double score.

DD
    @toolow

@kennymcc
    I suspect the rolls all have the same implementation, just that RNG is pseudo-random, and it may have been used across different types of rolls.

@poptimus
    That’s a nail biting finish. Congratulations.

@pointless

Congratulations. Not sure if Jackbeam actually made a few 10k jumps as I haven’t managed to observe that directly. His initial score of 20k when I first join, however, look really suspicious since it was a relatively empty board on day 1. In any case, I’m just grateful that you didn’t push so hard that I have to chase him in order to secure the top (cheater) prize.

@sebth

Not sure if there is a daily threshold, but we know from the past that there is a threshold of how much you can score in a short time before you are labelled a cheat. It’s normal that people put up enough scores and stop for the day, you know, have a break, get some sleep, living a life etc.

Grecian-Boy
    @grecian-boy

Hey guys,

Fairly new to these boards, but have been playing ABE since the start.

I finished 3rd in the Gold League yesterday after joining 5 hours before the end of the week (played non-stop and finished on 18,920 points with Double Arena rewards).

I’ve logged in this morning and have noticed that my 3rd place finish has now become 4th place, because an Unnamed Player has mysteriously been placed and finished in 1st place on 72,285 points who wasn’t even on the board yesterday.

Clearly this is a bug, or someone is manipulating the League after the week has finished, but what i’m most aggrieved about is that I’ve potentially missed out on promotion to the Platinum League unless I contact Rovio.

However, can anyone confirm if it is now the Top 5 in each league that get promoted (I know the graphic on the board shows Top 3), but if you click on the Top totem in game within the Arena, it clearly states :-

Get a good leaderboard position before the end of the week to advance into the next league! (Top 5)

Can anyone confirm??

Grecian-Boy
    @grecian-boy

Hey guys,

Fairly infrequent visitor to these boards, but have been playing ABE since the start.

I finished 3rd in the Gold League yesterday after joining 5 hours before the end of the week (played non-stop and finished on 18,920 points with Double Arena rewards).

I’ve logged in this morning and have noticed that my 3rd place finish has now become 4th place, because an Unnamed Player has mysteriously been placed and finished in 1st place on 72,285 points who wasn’t even on the board yesterday.

Clearly this is a bug, or someone is manipulating the League after the week has finished, but what i’m most aggrieved about is that I’ve potentially missed out on promotion to the Platinum League unless I contact Rovio.

However, can anyone confirm if it is now the Top 5 in each league that get promoted (I know the graphic on the board shows Top 3), but if you click on the Top totem in game within the Arena, it clearly states :-

Get a good leaderboard position before the end of the week to advance into the next league! (Top 5)

Can anyone confirm??

DD
    @toolow

@grecian-boy
    So sorry that this happened to you. Contact Rovio support and see if they can do something about it. Meanwhile, I suggest you claim the prizes ASAP in the future.

Great observation. The text said top 5 but only top 3 are promoted. Report to Rovio and may be wriggle some compensation out from them.

Grecian-Boy
    @grecian-boy

@toolow

Have contacted Rovio and have insisted that i’m placed in the Platinum League this week. Nothing else is acceptable in my opinion. I finished 3rd fair and square.

Even if I had finished 4th then they have left themselves open with the text showing Top 5 in the totem.

I prefer to join the Arena later in the week now hence why I don’t claim the prizes straight away..

DD
    @toolow

@grecian-boy
    It used to be the case that claiming the prize will join the arena straight away, but that has changed for some time now.

Grecian-Boy
    @grecian-boy

@toolow

How does that work then as claiming the prize in the Arena from the previous week then rolls you on to the following week and you show as #25 on the current week Leaderboard?

Thx.

DD
    @toolow

@grecian-boy
    That’s just a placeholder board as no one will be on it except you. When you start a battle, you are then joining a board with other players.

In the past, if you claim the prize and you’re the only one in the new board, you’ll be #1 and promoted if no one else join. Now, you’ll be #25 in a placeholder board, and you’ll be demoted unless you start a battle and work yourself up the table.

Grecian-Boy
    @grecian-boy

@toolow

Thanks for that, i’ll let you know what Rovio come back with.

Will be interesting to see if they have the ability to place me in Platinum, we shall see..

DD
    @toolow

@grecian-boy In the past, they managed to do that for some players in the following week. But they haven’t done that for the recent months.

metztli013
    @metztli013

Omg it DOES say Top 5 to advance to next league! I never noticed this. I’ve been wondering why they didn’t start doing that when they changed the boards from 15 to 25 people. But they’re NOT doing it. Right? Meh. I’m definitely not joining the arena until later in the week. I burnt myself out last week and then it was all for nothing because they threw mayhem in there at the end and there was just no way I could catch up. God I hate arena mayhem.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@metztli013 I was 5th in Silver a couple of weeks ago and did not advance to Gold. I am 5th in Gold this week and have not claimed because I am not sure if I will continue.

metztli013
    @metztli013

I’ve submitted a friendly support ticket bringing this Top 5 thing to their attention. I think it’s only fair that the Top 5 advance since they expanded the boards to 25 players. I can’t believe I didn’t notice that before.

Anonymous

@metzli013

Yeah, mayhem is the worst. I went to bed Saturday night with a 10,000 point lead in the Gold League leaderboard we were both on last week (along with @maxxmatt and “ABN_Yocki”, whose ABN @ tag I can’t figure out at the moment). I thought I was golden. If anyone challenged me, I had saved my 3,000 point objective to trump them with at the last minute on Sunday.

Then, I woke up Sunday morning to find myself in 4th, 30,000 points behind the leader, and about 10,000 behind 3rd place. I ended up having to grind out around 25,000 points in the final two hours just to finish in 3rd by 10 points!

Never again.

ETA: Correction: I had to grind around 15,000 points in the last two hours, and it was really “only” 12,000 since I had my last objective left to complete.

Anonymous

@metzli013

I’m among the seeming majority of us who didn’t notice the “top five” vs. “top three” issue, and I think it’s because we all just assumed that Rovio intended to make it more difficult to advance, so it never occurred to us that they’d do the fair thing, and let more people advance since they increased the size of the leaderboards.

metztli013
    @metztli013

@poptimus I saw you in 1st and I too thought you had it in the bag! Normally I don’t start the arena week until like Thursday anyway, but I think I started on Monday because I wanted the shards for completing arena objectives. 3 weeks left in the season and I’m still in Gold =(

Anonymous

@metzli013

Yeah, I’m assuming the Arena Bounty mini-event is why we had so many ‘Nesters on our board. We all probably usually wait until later in the week (I’m a Wednesday guy, myself), but gotta get those shards!

Getting to Diamond is legit difficult this season! I wonder if finishing top three in Platinum during the last week gets you the Diamond trophy/frame, or do you actually have to compete in Diamond for a week?

Either way, I reeeeeeally hope they start promoting top five soon!

DD
    @toolow

@metztli013
    @poptimus
    Seeing that the last 5 is now demoted instead of last 3, they should really promote the top 5. However, it’s more likely they won’t make it any easier for us. And even promoting top 5 may not be that much easier for some of us since now we have motivated grinders to clinch the chests.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@metztli013

I hadn’t noticed either and have just written asking why I wasn’t promoted a couple of weeks ago when I was 4th. I’m still in Gold, think I will be stuck in it until the end of the season.

Not expecting reply anytime soon.

Yocki
    @jacek-jedrzejowski

@poptimus

ABN_YOCKI is me ;)

Suzy
    @suzyq

@grecian-boy

@metztli013

@bubbley

Had a reply from Rovio about First 5 places.

Hello there,

Thanks for contacting us and sorry to hear you’ve had some trouble with Angry Birds Epic.

There is a mistake in the PvP Arena description. Currently first 3 places will be promoted to the next league. The description will be changed in the next update.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you are otherwise enjoying Angry Birds Epic.

metztli013
    @metztli013

I got the same @&%##* response. So they can demote the bottom five but promoting the top 5 is crazy talk? I’m in rare form today and this rubs me all the wrong ways.

DD
    @toolow

@metztli013
    I can imagine the sight of a roughed up featured Matilda beaming red and close to exploding…

Seriously, the response is hardly surprising, even predictable. You’d thought that companies that made such a mistake to display some grace to placate disappointed users, however small a token gesture. But this is Rovio… finesse extraordinaire.

(Did I just hear a pop?!)

metztli013
    @metztli013

@toolow LOL yes, you imagine it perfectly. I’m just… kinda fed up with Rovio’s crap. I think it may be time to take a break from the arena. I  may finish up the season and then fly off on a vacay. D3 is releasing the necro pack next week. So, I guess Blizzard gets my time and a little bit of money for a while. TAKE THAT, ROVIO! Yeah, they don’t care, lol. I know.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 11

Viewing 25 replies - 451 through 475 (of 540 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.