Arena Season 11

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 11

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 540 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

@datguygamer

That is some weapons-grade bullsh@#$%! Your contributions (both game-related and otherwise) will be greatly missed. It’s just not the same over on the Transformers forum! =-[

Hey Rovio? If you’re listening? Next time you have the opportunity, instead of screwing over a person who has demonstrated a high level of dedication to playing your game, and who has contributed immensely to a community of people who also enjoy it, maybe encourage that person to continue doing so, instead of maintaining the status quo, which is a game that’s such a clusterf#$%^ of bugs, moving targets, and embarrassingly poor cheater detection, that it led the person in question to try to read the code to figure out what’s going on, and share it with other people who only want to understand, in order to effectively play it! (Not to mention the countless hours of work he saved your support staff, by preemptively answering so many of our questions right here on this website, so they didn’t have to.)

Anonymous

@datguygamer
    And now, for a bit more of a rational response.

Did they specifically accuse you of using third party software to manipulate your in-game currencies/etc.? I wonder if they could have been referring to the decryption software you used to read the code instead. That would jive with their concern about your supposed IP infringement.

That said, if they were seriously concerned about software copyright issues, I doubt they would have simply reset your progress. I would think they would have deleted your Rovio account altogether, and possibly even threatened legal action. No, I bet they’re just using it as an excuse because they didn’t like you sharing info on these forums, and taking advantage of their various bugs to amass huge in-game currency stores. And if my guesses here are correct, that’s really short-sighted of them, as per my previous post. Honestly, if you weren’t here to tell us all the things you’ve told us over the last couple of years, I think Rovio would have lost a lot more of us a lot sooner.

cosmicdebris
    @cosmicdebris

@datguygamer Only lasted a few minutes not sure what happened

Pointless
    @pointless

@datguygamer I am really at a loss for many words. You were one that always had answers for my stupid questions and suppositions. ABN Epic will not be the same without you.

For shame Rovio

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

Looks like @kennymcc is on my leaderboard this week

Screenshot_20170512-151007.png

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@suzyq I honestly cannot specifically point out the reason but that is why @cosmicdebris cannot access arena. However, whenever your save shows you something out of the ordinary than others, you have to assume that is Rovio messing with player save files. I talked about @bubbley with it thinking it was a widespread issue but then I found out only I was unable to visit the arena (the button was completely gone). And then I got a “latest progress available” and it was back for a split second before it went away again. That’s how I got the notice that it was them screwing with my save.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@poptimus Basically they said they suspect me of using 3rd party software and they said they also have reports of me telling other players about game info they shouldn’t get normally otherwise which they found to be offensive and wrong and immoral. I logically said that whether they have any proof or not against AND said that if I did use any software out there to get currencies, I wouldn’t have openly admitted to them (I once said that to Pekka) or to the nesters that I have lots of them. I also wouldn’t have made any account and would have played anonymously so as to never get caught and also wouldn’t have connected to Facebook for Friendship Essences as I could have just bought them directly. They never responded back and so this ticket was a stalemate. Basically Pawel said that this is against copyright laws that I was violating. Since their response never went past that one message, this argument never went anywhere but I wanted to tell them I wasn’t making any money out of sharing info. So their copyright violation talk wouldn’t work. For the record, deleting my Rovio account is basically the same as resetting my progress. Even though the account is still there, the stuff isn’t and that’s what they want most. Notice if they really wanted to stop cheaters, they could have just “banned” or “reset” players instead of just moving them to another leaderboard and what not. They need accounts in order to get money off advertisements and statistics to show off their accomplishments for more advertisements and popularity. We know they can easily wipe off progresses but they opted to go the longer route. If I really had used other software, they could have wiped off my progress off earlier as I have had currencies since v1.0.8 but I guess they suddenly had the mood to do it. Well, I guess that’s that.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless Hey questions are questions and I liked to answer them. I liked my company here and I never minded any questions from anyone. Well, good luck for the Tinker Titan event. Guess I never got my Elite Wizard…

Anyways, good luck to you and others for this game and other endeavors in life and take care everyone. I may not play the game anymore but I will still drop by from time to time. It hurts that my work for 2 years could be considered cheating when I didn’t even do anything that can be considered illegal but they figured I was one of them.

@poptimus Forgot to mention it but they did say it was “unethical” for me to tell others how the arena cheater system worked (when I warned @suzyq @bubbley @kennymcc about initial score thresholds) and coin toss. They said I was manipulating codes to let others know how to cheat in the arena or find exploits by making secret information public. :/

Pointless
    @pointless

@datguygamer my Elite Wizard will wear a Gold Man hat as a tribute.

“Unethical” indeed, considering all the cheating they apparently deem “fair”.

Ridiculous

@roviobeni

@roviohuzz

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless Eh, I did tell them that I didn’t do it but considering I don’t have a proof of myself NOT doing it other word of mouth, that also is a problem. Weird situation.

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer

They had made wrong assumptions dealing with my requests before, so it comes as no surprise that they also did the same with you. It infuriates me that you’re treated this way when you’re just helping us to deal with a buggy game which they keep breaking from time to time and never quite managed to fix everything. But if there is any upside, you’re now spared of pointless grinding.

Anyway, we’ll all miss you, and thank you for your contributions which will be forever remembered here.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow I will come here often but the sad part is that my mind is not willing to accept the fact that it’s all gone. I know it’s a virtual simulation basically but I had an attachment to it. It’s hard to explain. I am angry and sad at the same time at what I did wrong apparently.

angryde
    @angryde

@pointless @toolow @poptimus @bubbley @metztli013 @suzyq

@datguygamer
    , mate…

I’ve just read… and I am completely devastated!

For you, for me, for us…

I’m feeling much like you’ve described – “my mind is not willing to accept the fact that (it’s all gone).” And I’m sure many of our fellow nesters are feeling similarly.

It’s virtually impossible to imagine an ABE nest bereft of your contributions.

Simply an indescribable loss – and I mean that in all honesty.

I just can’t right now.

Damn them.

1.jpg

*** Ed. to ALL*** I am seriously thinking of writing a petition… if we all get on board and copy-pasta the same text to Rovio support perhaps it might, and I stress might, make some sort of difference..?

I’d be prepared to risk my own account spamming it – the petition – incessantly to support and the twitter + FB feeds… I am THAT angry! :-/

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryde And your replies still give me joy and smile even at times of downers. Thanks for that, that face gave me a laugh. I wish I could have your sense of humor so as to deal with this situation much more efficiently.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@datguygamer Im shocked rovio reset your progress cos they thought you were cheating when you weren’t and yet they don’t do anything about the accounts that have used lc hacks and other cheats.anyways we’ll miss you round here and we thank you for the all the helpful info you’ve given us

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sam-spargo Thanks but be warned, don’t collect too many resources (that includes anvil and cauldron ingredients). They may not wipe it out right then but they will reduce their number exponentially. There’s a threshold above which if you go, they catch you (like 940K for Snoutlings for example).

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryde @datguygamer I have been swinging between seething anger and deep sadness. At least your post made me smile angryde.

Very very sad to say goodbye.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley Same here and we just recently started exchanging Friendship Essences even. Well, it wasn’t meant to be. I hope you and @suzyq will stay active in finding cheaters just as efficiently as you have been in the past.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@datguygamer That sucks. But maybe, and this is a weird hypothesis but it fits the facts, this is a “Nine Billion Names of God” situation, where Rovio discovered that if anyone ever accumulated all possible set items and elite classes it would lead to the end of the universe. So they zeroed out your progress because you were getting too close, and they couldn’t take the risk that the stars would quietly go out.

https://maggiemcneill.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/the-nine-billion-names-of-god.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nine_Billion_Names_of_God

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jamairoqui Thing is, before all these ancients came, I still had all set items and all Mythics. I always had all items whenever they were available. Some required me using coins while some were played and obtained. They could have zeroed me at any time. I can’t understand why now all of a sudden. I have talked to them previously when my progress was gone for the first time and even on other occasions and I have always provided my Rovio account in the ticket. (I have never tried to hide it from them. They could have right then and there reset me all those times.) But no, they gave me my stuff back only to take it away at a later date.

cosmicdebris
    @cosmicdebris

This is ridiculous … They need to fix the Cheat detection … I just got marked as a cheater again. 10 minutes before new objectives I finished yesterdays objectives and moved to first place. Then I finish the 1000 and 3000 point objective at the same time 10 minutes after the objectives start. I also got the double my points option. After that I go to check the leader board I went from first place to last and got marked a Cheater.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@datguygamer And then there is the fb friend of mine who has L999 birds. They’re not zeroed out, and I kinda sorta suspect they might have fiddled with the game using a 3rd-party app. And then is the guy in my league who got 3000 points in the Necromancer event in the first 10 minutes. He’s not zeroed out.

Seems like you got “picked” for special treatment for talking to people here, and they wanted to make an example. If they were smart they woulda made you a consultant and gotten you to help fix bugs.

Nothing makes sense. But at least America is going to be great. Again.

cosmicdebris
    @cosmicdebris

i got marked a cheater in the necromancer event too?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jamairoqui So I guess I was the guinea pig for being honest here. Heh, what an idiot I was for trying to help fix the arena exploits by emailing them with cheat methods. Who knows, maybe that put me on their radar even more than ones who stay low key. Sucks for me though, my two years were wasted on nothing. Thanks Rovio, you’re the best.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    I read all of that now. I cant believe my eyes!!! I am trying to understand why Rovio did it to u the way they did, especially without any warning.

I am with @angryde, lets do that petition and try to bring u back. What do u say, guys? @pointless @toolow @poptimus @bubbley @metztli013 @suzyq @jamairoqui @sam-spargo
    I am prepared to write them anything u want, I dont care if they reset/delete my account for that. I am also prepared to threaten them with quiting or whatever necessary…
    I am really allergic to see any injustice!!!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 11

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 540 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.