v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 347 total)
  • Replies
  • Dave Kaltenmark
    @dave-kaltenmark

Shockwave is great at level 11.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

So, now that we’ve firmly established when this is starting, I’d really love to have a solid answer on when it’s ending. It’s going to take a bit of planning to ensure we earn sufficient tokens to get the stuff we want, and knowing how long we have to accumulate the tokens is a critical part of that.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@gradientturtle7

Can you please tell us when this is ending??

Thanks!

Traveler
    @traveler

The newsfeed that I get says the contest ends at 2/16/16 @0:00 GMT

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Ah, my bad!

Thanks @traveler

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

So we have eight days this time around. Assuming you manage to max out both the Challenge potion (550/day) and the Competition portion (1,000/day), then you’re looking at 12,400 tokens for the eight days.

Of course, that’s an unrealistic expectation for the vast majority of folks.

I’m curious how much EOP + all accessories is going to cost?

jman
    @jman

So I started the challenge, only one bar was green so played one challenge, now says recharge in 49702d. I’m guessing d is days……..Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Slops 20
    @slops20

Ditto I paid the 10 gems to recharge and it’s back to normal now

starscream
    @starscream

I can’t get into the challenge, just a can’t connect error message. Sort it Rovio.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Wow and I was mad that initially, I couldn’t get in at all! At least when I got in, I was fully charged…

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I initially couldn’t get in. When I did, I had one bar. Ran it and now have to wait 49720d!?

Joey
    @joeyba

So for someone for win 300 token per day, after 8 days it’s only 2400 tokens! so lots of folks won’t get this character!!

jman
    @jman

@slops20

You paid the 10 gems and then played the four challenges and now the time for next challenge was under 1 hour?

Not gonna dump 10 gems to get back to a long wait time.

taco
    @geary

I got the same thing, why can’t they do anything right.

Kogurazul
    @kogurazul

@optimuspig EOP costs 6000 tokens but the accessories for the other 4 Transformers, Energon Lockdown and all of Grimlock’s versions are 1000 tokens (no accessories for EOP though).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I was just about to post about that.

10,000 tokens if you want EOP + 4 x accessories.

Even if you max out the Challenge @ 550 tokens/day for all eight days, you still need to come in first place on 4 out of 8 days in the Competition AND come in second or third place twice and 4th to 6th twice.

If you can do that, you’ll just barely scrape through with 10,400 tokens. But that’s a pretty tall order.

Sure would be nice to know what those accessories do though, so that I can decide whether or not to put in the effort.

I suspect that by the end I’ll have earned enough just for EOP and maybe one accessory.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@slops20

Wasting 10 gems got me back to a normal recharge as well.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig See? This is the reason unlocking bots have become a pain now. They expect too much from now nowadays.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’m not sure when I said it hadn’t become a pain ….

—–

Anyway, my plan is to max out the 550 tokens in the Challenge each day, and then just accept whatever rank I place in the Competition based on my score then. I’m not going out of my way to chase for first place.

8 x (550 + 300) = 6,800 which is enough to get EOP. If I can place 2nd or 3rd one day, then I’ll have just enough to get one accessory as well.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig It’s not that you never said it, I was just reminding of the sad fact. Also, I’m guessing those Chinese accessories are just for 8% defense boosts. Also, are you sure just completing those 550 token rums is enough for you to be in the leaderboards? Isn’t that cutting it a bit too close? I just love how they reduced the days but increased the price. Thanks Rovio.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

From past experience, scoring high enough to earn 550 tokens in the Challenge should be quite sufficient to place at least in the Top 6 in the Competition, perhaps even the Top 3 if you’re lucky, unless you’re unfortunate enough to randomly wind up in a hyper-competitive grouping.

nykki
    @diamond72

6000 tokens to unlock the new character?? WTF!! What happened to the days where you could use popped piggies to unlock a character?? Have the just scraped that concept now? What about opening new areas? Maybe less concentration on competitions and work on the unopened areas and go back to getting new characters the old fashioned way. I mean I, like most people here, have a full time job and can’t sit and play this to earn the 6000 coins. Losing faith in this.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig Ah yes, grouping. One more thing to be wary about in these types of competitions. I’m also just hoping for EOP. Those Chinese accessories look ugly.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I kind of like the dragon’s heads, but I’m going out of my way to earn them. I lost too much sleep during the Holiday and C Minor events already.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 347 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.