v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 347 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Count me in. Not only did they increase the bots’ price and its accessories but they reduced the challenge days and the payout is not even close to winning everything. +1

sheepybach
    @paul13

@optimuspig,
    Great or what as most Bots now take down Mortar Towers with 1 or 2 hits and yet pigs on the ground or on things can take upwards of 6/10 hits to kill, crazy lol.
    Well I got to just over 4000 and got 2 hat’s for grimlocks and will use the rest on coins.
    As it already been said this is the worst comp so far IMHO

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Yeah, it’s definitely been the most challenging one so far. Used more gems than I have in the past, and lost more sleep than I have in the past.

To compare apples to apples (CNY vs. the Holiday event, which was the last time a TF was available):

– fewer days (8 vs. 12)
    – higher cost (5,000 for Shockwave vs. 6,000 for EOP)
    – no bonus gems or tokens in the CNY event (according to my spreadsheet, I received 300 gems and 200 tokens as part of daily gifts in the Holiday event)
    – although there were a few early issues with the Challenge, it was generally easier to climb the “ladder” to get the 550 tokens/day in the Holiday event than in the CNY event (although Rovio did rectify that for CNY towards the end, when it became significantly easier to reach 550 compared to at the beginning)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@paul13 Since you have those Chinese hats, can you confirm what extra abilities they give? Is it defense?

wrw01
    @wrw01

Dragon Hat is 8% defense

@datguygamer

I am not Paul 13 but thought you would like to know. I did obtain one hat.

ATP
    @atp213

I think this challenge was a little goofy. The price of EOP was kind of surprising. When you add on the gadgets, it was really expensive. Lastly, with all of the glitches that the challenge had, I missed about a day. That being said, I tried to get everything for EOP. I missed the jetpack by 700 tokens. I would have happily skipped the ridiculous looking dragon hat.

I only use farmed gems. I did not mine the lab like most people so only what shows up on the board. I stopped using my gems when people were clearly paying crazy amounts.

I have never paid money for this game. I will not pay any money for this game. I have been playing since the beginning, and still have 5 13s, and 18 14s. I find it fun, but frustrating when there is glitch after glitch.

If they keep upping the token cost, I will stop playing when I can no longer obtain new characters. I believe that Rovio learned their lesson when only a moderate group of players purchased HotRod and NP. They will learn their lesson again when people stop paying for gems to play in their challenges.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@wrw01, So I was correct then. Thanks! It was safe to assume that all Chinese accessories were just defense boosts. Btw, congrats on getting one of the few EOPs our nesters got (in addition to Birdleader). It was a tough fight. What do you think of EOP and his abilities? Also what level is your bot?

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@wrw01

You had a great week! I was able to get EOP and both his accessories, but I had to play the game like it was my job and I was sick of it by Friday. I began to question my commitment after people began reporting that EOP sucks. I’m glad it’s over, but now I have no interest in running nodes.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Ended up with Epic Optimus, Energon Grimlock’s hat and some coins. Wanted at least one of EO’s accessories but was 800 tokens short. Hopefully they will be available in some other way some day. Good thing I spent my tokens last night because my token exchange isn’t opening any more. I tap on it and nothing happens.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@sntrooper

“Good thing I spent my tokens last night because my token exchange isn’t opening any more. I tap on it and nothing happens.”

Do you still have enough leftover tokens to purchase the coins?

If not, then that’s probably why it won’t open. In the same way that the Lab won’t open if you have fewer than 3 materials in your silo.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@datguygamer

Thanks for the congrats. It was a tough competition that did command one’s time and some gems in order to win. But overall it was fun to play. I did get a lot of pigs and coins. What to do with 60 million coins is beyond me. Wish we could purchase one transformer for just coins and another for just pigs. That would even it out just a tad in the players direction.

I would make the same assumption as you that all the Dragon Hats for each of the Transformer was Defense.

EOP is ok…I have to get use to the motion of pulling. I have not used him much but will try more this week. He is at level 15 with all the available accessories, including the ones from the game. I got lucky a few times in the tournament. Not to skilled on my end, just like to play.

I really feel bad that some flingers who did not have a good time. It takes all the fun out of playing, this game. I try my best and am satisfied with the results if the folks that beat me were not hackers like in AB2. Playing against honest players is always fun for me even if I finish last.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@pampeans
    Thanks for the kind words. Congrats on obtaining your EOP and accessories.
    Overall it was fun but it did take a lot of everything. I like you had to make a commitment to play and I had to spend some gems to get through the last in-game reward levels. After that just watched the others and played according to stay in the top three.

I will probably run some nodes to increase the pigs and coins hoping that we will be able to buy at least one transformer out of the three remaining for some coins and pigs only. Wishful thinking on my end…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@wrw01, For the record, what name do you go by in events? I’m asking that because if I see you by chance on my board, I’ll be running away. I can’t possibly keep up with you.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@optimuspig Certainly possible since I ended up with exactly zero tokens but it was working earlier this morning and only stopped working after my game crashed while loading once.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

With all that’s been going on, I forgot to ask: what “type” is EOP for the purposes of doing missions? Is he also a “lightbulb” like all the other Primes?

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

@20qmindreader
    Late reply but thank you. Unlocked him and have the Jet Pack and the medallion. I am upgrading him at this moment to level 11 and i got the sunglasses and the headphones an i’m not complaining but he’s a little weak with the defence i noticed.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@optimuspig

He’s a bomb/missile bird like Ultra Magnus.

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

i have a (dumb) question i see with some reply’s the name, like @optimuspig or @datguygamer, how do you do that i already tried a couple of times but i can’t find the way. Thanks for a reply.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@sntrooper

Probably related to the crash. I have a small amount of tokens — not enough to buy anything, but my exchange is still working.

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

ok now i found out myself so it was a dumb question. :)

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@zhianjo

Grin. I went through the same process with posting pictures…

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

@pampeans

AAAAAHHHH at least i’m not the only one then. But now you mentioned it how do you posting pics then?

wrw01
    @wrw01

@datguygamer
    That is funny…I go by waters run wide, all one word, alias to wrw
    How about you?

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

@droversdog @soundwave

Thanks to both of you and everyone on this thread that has provided feedback. We are constantly looking for ways in which the challenge events might be improved, both in terms of adding gameplay value and offering rewards to earn, and we are grateful for your contributions in helping us strike a balance between challenging and fun.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 347 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.