v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 347 total)
  • Replies
  • Soundwave
    @soundwave

The challenges are definitely a tough way to earn new characters. Especially if it turns out to be the only time to EVER obtain that character. Couple that with all the bugs and rule changes during each challenge, and it ends up being more stressful than fun.

My young kids play this game more so than me. They like unlocking the characters. It took them forever, but they finally unlocked all the non-challenge characters. It was very fun and rewarding for them. But the challenges are impossible for them. They don’t have the time, they don’t have the gems, and they are too young to be competitive and consistent enough to meet the token requirements.

They depend on me to win those characters, and it takes way more time than I can spare (especially when the window of time is dictated).

We wouldn’t mind so much missing out on limited accessories. But it’s tough to miss out on an entire character. It would even help to be able to buy the character with money or gems after the challenge if you don’t earn enough tokens.

Young kids may not be the target audience of this game, but they are really losing interest in the game they love because they can’t unlock the characters on their own anymore.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig I know that but I don’t like it at all. All it does is make bots exclusive to events and force players to constantly play the game (the first reason is what I hate the most).

watuzzi
    @watuzzi

force players to constantly play the game

Think about that for a moment. Doesn’t that make perfect sense on Rovio’s end?

sheepybach
    @paul13

At long last I’ve found out where that bonging sound comes from that was doing my head in lol

WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

@soundwave – the Christmas challenge wasn’t that hard a way to earn Shockwave. It was 5,000 tokens of which 500 or so were given away as daily gifts. This left 4500 tokens to get over 10 days – or 450 tokens a day. That should have been do-able just from finishing in the top ten every day – which probably only meant playing eight rounds (20 minutes activity tops) each day – and a couple of good days.

sheepybach
    @paul13

OK just had a news feed alert saying the comp has now started. Anybody else get it and if you did how the heck do we know what’s on offer as I got nothing show?????

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Nothing on my end. No new newsfeed message(s), and the Challenge box on the right side of the screen is still missing.

sheepybach
    @paul13

That’s nuts lol my news feed says :—–
    Challenge event now live
    The Chinese new year Event is now live. Play now to win yada yada yada
    Event ends 2016-02-16 0:00 GMT

As you said no box or nothing lol

otter
    @otter

Nothing on mine either….

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

WTF, lol.

Just wondering, are you playing on Android or iOS?

I’m on iOS.

Looks like YARFU (Yet Another Rovio Foxtrot Uniform).

otter
    @otter

Im on Android…. And im still looking…..

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I’m on iOS and I got nothing. I’ve noticed a few soft updates though. Checked the App Store and there’s no pending updates…

otter
    @otter

If I’m remembering the comps correctly…. They seemed to start and end at 00:00 GMT time….

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

No message for me either.
    It is interesting to note that @paul13 noted the end time of 16:00 GMT as that is midnight in Beijing, China

oops misread the post

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Pretty sure it was:

Hallowe’en – 8pm EDT/1am BST

Thanksgiving – 3am EST/8am GMT

Holiday – 3am EST/8am GMT

C Minor – 7pm EST/midnight GMT

So as you can see, start times have been all over the place.

Those 3am starts were devastating me!

otter
    @otter

Ok…. Like I said… Trying to remember… I’m getting old…. LOL..

sheepybach
    @paul13

abt

I think I’ve done it right, screenshot of my news feed
    I’m playing on Android Tab.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@paul13

!!!!!

IIRC, didn’t Android players get a 2 or 3 day head start on the Hallowe’en Competition because the iOS version wasn’t rolled out in time?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@paul13, Soo….16th eh? Btw, methinks the bot isn’t exclusive this time but just accessories.

sheepybach
    @paul13

OP,
    No I think it was the Xmas comp and/or thanksgiving plus 1 of the comps ios never got it at all or am I thinking about something else pass lol.
    Why they sent the feed out saying its on but nobody can play is beyond me likewise why have only me so far got the info bonkers lol.

I think Epic O/Prime will be a lot of tokens or whatever you get and I don’t think you will get him without using Gems

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

I am guessing that it will start in 1 hour 33 minutes which will be 0:00 GMT

sheepybach
    @paul13

Geeeeezzzzzz that means I got to stay awake now lol.
    I can’t see it starting until everybody gets the same news feed

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Didn’t C Minor start at 7pm EST on Saturday? Maybe the same for this one?

Honestly, you gotta wonder what the heck is going on at Rovio Central.

Given that it’s already the weekend in Finland, and we don’t have the countdown to the start of the Challenge/Competition, I’m wondering if anyone will even be at work to “flip the switch” to get the ball rolling, or if it’ll end up being delayed until Monday when someone’s at work.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Well lads and lasses I’ve got no idea what’s going on here but my news feed has just updated and its now telling us Challenge Event Ends Soon. Play now for your last chance to win ?
    I’ll do a screenshot and post it in the morning Welsh time as its pasted the witching hour here.
    OP,
    Pass mate heads in the shed now lol Grandsons run me ragged, oh 1 has just had the same news feed lol

Nos da

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

The challenge box has just arrived with a 2 day countdown

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 347 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.