v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

• Released today !

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 347 total)
  • Replies
  • SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Good: Notifications are working again.
    Bad: Still not receiving coins/pigs for destroying missiles/balloon pigs with energonicons.
    Ugly: Sharktihogs are still nearly impossible to kill by most characters. It is insane that it takes more shots to kill one of them than a mortar tower.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Lol! I would add…

Good: Mortar towers still die easily, but not so much so they’re pointless
    Tf firepower (no GG yet) is better
    Coin award is better with multicolored missiles
    Bad: Token exchange no longer working
    In-game newsfeed is blank
    Ugly: scrolling on the iPad is whack
    Enemies appearing behind the Tf
    Interesting: One-balloon pigs
    New cloud-save feature with no explanation

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

According to the release notes in the iOS App Stores, prizes include “powerful accessories for Soundwave”.

Didn’t we just go through all that already????

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

So, any idea when this starts, and more important, when it ends?

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

Since Chinese New Year is Feb 8, it’s reasonable to assume it will start upcoming Sunday (or Monday) and last one week, like the previous one. (It is also reasonable to assume that there will be no Valentine themed event, as it is too little time to prepare another update).

Pampeans
    @pampeans

There’s the glow of a Tf around my Chinese New Year themed tokens exchange button, that doesn’t work, but I digress. I believe it’s the new “Prime” character. I hope it is because I much preferred the Shockwave contest format where we played for a Tf, accessories and gems.

@optimuspig
    I think you’re right!

taco
    @geary

I like this new update a lot, and I hope they do a update for the day of the Dead celebration. That would be AWESOME!!!

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@optimuspig

“Didn’t we just go through all that already????”

Perhaps we might need to go back through — I just ran a Pig City node with E Soundwave and he could not hit a single green missile. After the .10 update, the missiles hit with a force that rocks the Tf and takes an entire heart. He got hit with three right in a row. Cue the flying pigs, balloon pigs and everything else they throw at you to finish off the Tf when the hearts get low.

otter
    @otter

When are we going to get a real update????? Open up new areas…. Coming soons arrive….. An update that is bug free….

Kogurazul
    @kogurazul

Interestingly, those red packets (or ang pau as Chinese called it) gives coins when you hit it. Useful for those who need coins like me. Desert maps seems to have the most red packets so far as I collected about 4000+ coins (along with pigs and objects destroyed) using Dark Megatron.

nancy
    @nancy

Horrible update. All my TF’s are level 15 and all of them have powered down to a performance level equivalent to a level 10 or 11. Especially noticeable in both Galvatrons, Starscream, Megatron, Brawl and lots of other pig TFs. Where it really becomes obvious is in intercepting an eggbot level. TF’s that used to wipe out the eggbot less than half way thru a level now can barely nail him by the end of the level. I noticed since I fully equipped my Soundwaves (which were always horrible) in the recent contest, they never come up anymore when before those non energon Soundwaves were everywhere and I hated playing with both of them. Energon Soundwave has always been pretty good but they may have “dumbed down” him too.

And why a token exchange button that does nothing…I’m using an iPad but do others actually have a contest in play?

All and all, just disappointing and beyond frustrating after all the time and money invested to achieve high performance TFs and to have it all simply ripped away. Shame on Rovio once again.

Kogurazul
    @kogurazul

@nancy I don’t think anyone can access the token exchange button at all so you aren’t alone in this issue.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

After this update, I got a mission end with four stars and an ad button. I watched the ad, but didn’t get a score increase as usual. So far I haven’t completed any more missions, so can’t say yet whether it is a one-time glitch or a new bug.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@pampeans
    I just run a node for the 1st time on this update and I had a video Double up when completed

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

Seems like the reward in the next event, which is coming very soon, will be Epic Optimus Prime.
    ABTF v1.11.png

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@werehamsta

“Since Chinese New Year is Feb 8, it’s reasonable to assume it will start upcoming Sunday (or Monday) and last one week, like the previous one.”

It would be reasonable to assume, yes, if it were anything else. But if there’s one thing we’ve learned about Rovio and ABT, is that it’s highly unreasonable to assume anything where gameplay is involved. The only thing consistent about this game is its inconsistency.

I’m rather surprised that the ABT newsfeed would send us a message that the new challenge is coming but not actually tell us when it’s starting and ending. Suggests to me that even Rovio doesn’t know because they’re still trying to work out last minute details.

NoMore
    @nomore

I need to boot the game everytime after playing a map to get the ads (videos) for doubling coins or bonus when completing missions.

TheLuckyOne
    @theluckyone

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned yet is how improved the graphics are. They are way more vivid than they were pre-update… those explosions in particular really “pop,” no pun intended.

I’m sure it’s got to be frustrating for Rovio staff to hear nothing but complaints, but improvements like this deserve to be recognized. Likewise, things like the token competitions are much appreciated to keep us interested in the game. Thanks!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

Isn’t the game already updated to where it needs to be, for the CNY event to start?

My guess is that all we need is a “soft update” to activate the challenge, but the code is already installed – it just needs Rovio to tell it to do its thing.

sheepybach
    @paul13

If you look the comp box on the right side of the home screen has gone it had token exchange with different things in it

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@paul13

They took the box away because it’s been three days since the end of the Challenge in C Minor (ended Saturday night, the box disappeared Tuesday) and they’d promised to keep it open for three days after the end for people to do token exchanges (even though they screwed it up and ended the token exchanges early).

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig More events mean more wasting time to get bots. Seriously, why not make them available through portals as usual or take pigs? This is the worst method ever as it also took away one more bot from my team as couldn’t play one freaking event. That’s a pathetic decision. This whole token mess.

sheepybach
    @paul13

I’m not on about the c minor comp. When they updated to this latest version there was a box for this coming comp it had a red inside and there was the symbol’s that are in the nodes already. Well it was on my Tab lol

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

Doing it through the Challenge/Competition model encourages players to spend gems. As far as currency goes, gems are the only ones with any real value in the game. It’s all about the gems.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 347 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.