v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 347 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig Just you wait for the next event for *those two* transformers. My bet is that from now on:

1. Unless they reveal more of the island, bots will be exclusively handed out from events (because why the hell not) and even then it’s not guaranteed.

2. No more bonus (as in free gifts) tokens during events.

3. Each bot is going to cost 6000 tokens as Rovio (or Exient) has figured out the prefect price to keep the players on their toes.

4. Premium accessories are also getting a pretty huge token price bump-> 3 star is 3000, 2 star is 2000 and 1 star is 1000.

5. Premium transformers to give the players “that edge” (this was exactly the phrase a person from Rovio’s Support Team said when I asked them about Nemesis and Rodimus).

Bottomline, tough times are up ahead. May Primus’ spark guide us to victory.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@paul13 Just curious but are you the PAUL on my comp board? This PAUL is at the top spot at the moment (with me being at the last :P)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@millforce2k Well for the record I now have both accessories but if I had to choose I’d go with the Incendiary rounds as Epic Optimus’ weapon cool down time is pretty okay but his damage output is horrendous (and that’s the best way I can describe it without being too vulgar). Seriously, those who have EOP will pretty soon notice how much he sucks even at Level 15 (even if they haven’t already).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’ve only played EOP twice so far, and both at mid-levels (7 and 9).

He doesn’t seem so bad. Reminds me a lot of a Grimlock, actually.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig For those levels, that is not bad but at Level 15 his ray does nothing special or doesn’t increase in power. Trust me, when you reach Level 15, you’ll see.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Well I’m working on it. It’ll take a few more days though, since I’m not planning to spend any gems to speed things up ;)

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@datguygamer Thanks for the advice. I haven’t been able to us him since he first showed up in Pig City and has nothing to shoot and just falls off the bridge.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@datguygamer

No mate Cheri is top of my board and I’m not Paul on the boards any way lol Sheepybach is me bbbbaaaaaaa.
    Hey the other day I got my very 1st Level bot 9Yesss it was party time lol. I just completed a mission with him and I got 1 key due to lack of fire power WTH is going on here not able to get any more geeezzz there really must hate us all who play their games

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig, The weird thing is I don’t know if this nerf for all Transformers are intentional or not but other than a few, most bots seem really weak UNLESS you gear them up with accessories (and I think that is the whole idea here).

However, even then, the only bots that are benefiting from this are the ones who have a lot of accessories (like Optimus, Soundwave etc) to begin with. Jazz for example, is very weak while nowadays my Optimus can tear down everything with his Explosive rounds accessory. Other than Energon Grimlock, all other ray using transformers are weak including EOP. When you use E. Grimlock, you can clearly see that his static electricity increases in range and spreads everywhere whereas all others remain at that thin stream as if they are just starting out at Level 1.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I don’t really run nodes anymore (except during these special events, of course), so I can’t comment on the general nerfing as I haven’t played enough since the last major update to come to any conclusions.

I did notice that the Mortar Towers are now significantly easier to kill, even with TFs that previously had zero hope of killing one, such as the Soundwaves.

And of the TFs that I have played somewhat, Goldbite Grimlock is probably the one that’s been the most de-powered.

Energon Grimlock is now my go-to TF if I have a choice.

As for accessories, except for Shockwave which has three accessories (because I was able to accumulate enough tokens in the Holiday Challenge)and perhaps one or two others, none of my TFs have more than two, and many only have one (and even then only because I wanted to get that achievement where you have to equip a certain number of TFs). A few of my TFs don’t have any acessories at all! (Yes, I’m cheap lol …..)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig Okay then, fair enough.

nikki567
    @nikki567

I had almost enough to get the TF while I waited to see if I’d stay #1 in the latest competition, but opted instead last minute to splurge on the available accessories,(which I don’t usually do,) because of the poor reviews of the new TF. I don’t typically spend many gems, and don’t accessorise my critters. I also wasn’t sure if I needed to spend my almost-6000 before the end of the event, so figured I’d accessorise rather than wait til end of event and risk losing out on all.

I find these special events fun, but the 6000 for the new TF seemed steep, given that I played hard but got swiped in the last few minutes, as others said. Also want to mention that during my many, many runs, not all targets registered, i.e. I would hit targets but they didn’t show up in my aggregate hits.

I hope Rovio will continue these, though. Ramp down the required points to acquire TF. This is one long-time player who deliberately chose not to get the new TF.

Catrine
    @catrine

1 it said finish at 0:00 on 16th which to me means midnight on the 16th not 15th,
    2 how did you get 6000 coins, I got 5600 so annoyed it’s finished
    3 glitch a) the bird I used went through many of the red card things
    b) the game crashed for a couple of days so couldn’t play
    c) lost tries due to game crashing

I think the life is being sucked out of this game. Love the ideas execution needs work!

EF5OX
    @ef5ox

I am wondering why so many people are complaining about EOP. His weapon seems plenty powerful. I just upgraded him to Level 6 and ran a node in the city using goldbrick and a level 7 buddy. I received 54,000 coins after all the bonuses. That is as good, if not better than some level 15 characters.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@catrine

0:00 GMT 2/16/2016 is 7:00pm EST 2/15/2016

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@wrw01

You are the Optimus Prime buddy in the EOP walk through! Fitting, since you were one of the first to unlock him. Congrats!

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

The event is over and after spending over 500 gems & sleeping for 4 hours per day for a week I managed to get Epic Optimus AND his Medallion accessory (benefit – Incendiary Rounds).

taco
    @geary

Is it over? All I need is 600 more tokens Why oh why……

wrw01
    @wrw01

@pampeans
    Ahhhhh…I watched the video from @birdleader and now I understand your post, Thank You for the kind words
    Was able to obtain EO, the Jetpack, the Medallion, the Lion Hat, and the Dragon Hat for Goldbite Grimlock in the competition.
    It was a good week…

Joey
    @joeyba

I got EO for 6000 coins and now i have 1150 coins left. What shall i get?
    Lion Hat or Dragon hat for Grimlock? which is more useful?

nykki
    @diamond72

Well I got EOP, but only had enough to get an accessory for Grimlock and more coins. One more day and I would have opted for an EOP accessory. Honestly I would rather have an option to just buy new characters. Plus I think I have to completely upgrade him before he’s of any use. I tried to play him and he kept falling off the edge. Like WTF!!

Catrine
    @catrine

Silly me thought I’m in England thought it was English time

Catrine
    @catrine

That’s 3 transformers missed out on

Soundwave
    @soundwave

Wow. Glad that’s over. That was the total opposite of fun for my family.

I managed to unlock Epic Prime and his two accessories after sacrificing a huge chunk of my life for 8 straight days. If this continues to be the way the game is played, I can’t follow.

I also helped my young daughter unlock Epic Prime on her iPad, just by the skin of her teeth today. She is the main ABT fan in the house, and this competition was more than she could handle. There were multiple occasions of tears and frustration at having to play the game when she didn’t want to, just to have a shot at this character. In the end, it just became a chore and she is pretty well sick of the game at the moment.

Over the past few months, my family has spent a fair amount of cash on this game (between gems and characters). I really don’t mind to drop some money here and there to support a game we enjoy, but this really felt over the top. From my experience, it required a huge commitment of both time and gems (money) to be successful. Demanding both (within a fixed 8-day period) was just too much. Moreover, failure to play for a day or two pretty much made all the other time and money invested worthless. It felt like being handcuffed to the game.

I’m glad to call this done. I’m hopeful that future events of this nature will be less demanding. Otherwise, my family will have to check out.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@gradientturtle7 @arceemega
    You may want to take note of @soundwave’s comments above. I think it encapsulates a lot of thoughts of players and parents around the world

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 347 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.