v1.13 – Silver as Windblade

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.13 – Silver as Windblade

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 261 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Can Rovio give us gems in exchange for tokens instead of coins?

wrw01
    @wrw01

@arceemega
    Sorry but I forgot to include you on the posts above.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I just had Windblade as a level 15 buddy (no accessories) and while her weapon shoots in threes, comparing her weapon to the awesomeness of Brawl’s is a bit of a stretch. She’s a variation of Thundercracker/Starscream, not a bad thing, but like them, she’s a runner as opposed to Brawl, who’s more of a face-them-down, kick butt and take names.

I could have used Brawl in any of the contests to date. Windblade would not be my go-to to face boss pig…

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

@wrw01

As far as we’re aware, it’s not possible to accumulate score in the way you’ve described without it being added to the leaderboard.

Just to clarify, when you refer to ‘watching the leaderboards’, I presume you’re regularly refreshing them by some means? I know there is often still some confusion about the content of the leaderboard not updating on its own.

starscream
    @starscream

Is there anyway that in the (many) instances where the game freezes when loading a challenge and you have to manually shut down the app that you won’t lose your challenge bar. It’s so frustrating when you pay gems to recharge the bars and then get cheated out of a bar.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@gradientturtle7 @arceemega

Thanks for the update. I am still puzzled as to what happened and how it occurred. I will assume that the flinger spent a lot of gems to rise up to second place in a period of 30 minutes but that seems like a “stretch” but I am not an IT person so there are a lot of things I do not know. Just like to play the game.

What I do is jump back and forth between “Enter the Silverbird” screen and it’s gold tab “Today’s Competition” which takes me to that screen. Then I use the arrow to take me back to the “Enter the Silverbird” screen. I do this quite often especially in the last hour but also throughout the day when playing.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@wrw01

What I do is jump back and forth between “Enter the Silverbird” screen and it’s gold tab “Today’s Competition” which takes me to that screen. Then I use the arrow to take me back to the “Enter the Silverbird” screen.

I’d be interested to see what they say about this, I exit the app altogether to force the leaderboard to update…

wrw01
    @wrw01

@pampeans
    You are probably doing the correct procedure. Sometimes my own score does not update on the “leader board” right away. Forgot about that…should have done that yesterday.
    Just tried that right now and it worked better, Thanks a Bunch

Geli
    @geli

Can only check the challenge on irregular intervals. I have been playing the challenge when not fully charged, i.e., 2 or 3 charged indicators.
    I’m have also been exiting the game when I exhaust the partial or full charge.

Any drawback to playing partial charges or exiting when away from the app?

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@geli

I think it’s better to play on partial charges if you can’t regularly (every 4 hours) play the challenge. I believe the app produces 4 complete charges every 4 hours. If you don’t play at the four hour mark, the app “waits” for you to play, i.e., no more charging until you play. However, playing partial charges causes the app to continuously charge, which ensures you won’t miss a free opportunity to play (w/o using gems). Playing at the 1, 2, or 3 hour marks is better so that the app never stops charging. Not the best explanation, does that make sense?

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

Hey you brain trust/moderators on here. I think there might be some value in creating a sticky post about the challenges. With every challenge, there is usually some discussion of issues that have already been asked answered previously. The post might cover problems like:

Having the challenge node open at the close of the challenge
    Scaled pay outs for starting late
    How to translate GMT
    Lag time in the leaderboard status/server swamping
    Players are real other players
    How long token exchanges typically last
    Etc.,

It should be changeable as the challenges evolve, so will the info.

Just a thought.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@aliaspbj

Great idea! I think all we have to do is start a new topic, gather the information (embedding links to original threads) and ask someone like @mighty-red-1 to make it a sticky.

@mighty-red-1
    what sayeth thou?

WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Windblade looks like a gay clone from the front – with a bushy moustache and a police style cap with a big metal badge on it?

Geli
    @geli

@pampeans – yes, it makes sense re: your explanation on playing with a partial charge. I had hoped that was the case. And yes, you called it – I’m adverse to buying gems. Don’t mind using them when getting them in the lab.

Thanks much.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

@mighty-red-1 & @pampeans

Thanks! That should be a good resource. :)

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Thanks @mighty-red-1! We appreciate your prompt response. May I ask how we add a little FAQ at the beginning covering the areas @aliaspbj suggested — hit the nail on the head as far as issues that frequently come up.

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

1 vote for @pampeans and 1 vote for @aliaspbj then !!! And thumbs up for @mighty-red-1 !!

Beauregard
    @beauregard

I had someone come out of nowhere today to take the lead. By the time I saw him, he went from 2600-3400 in about 15 minutes. Passed me up, and didn’t stop til he was 1000 points ahead of me. There was no way possible for anyone to climb that fast. After seeing that, I refuse to spend another gem in these competitions. Something is not right.

Beauregard
    @beauregard

Just had it happen to me about an half hour ago. This person wasn’t even close to the top of the leaderboard, and came out of nowhere. Then he scored over 800 points in a matter of 15 minutes. Really beginning to think these competitions are rigged.

TriPolar
    @tripolar

@beauregard I know these boards are screwed up. My main question is rovios dedication or desire to fix it and keep it as current as possible. I don’t remember having these issues with AB Epic… There we’re also allowed to see the leaderboard afterwards too. Whether in an event or in the arena.
    I tried to pull this stunt off in my group today… I stayed in the mix for a while, then life happened and I dropped down to double digits. Ended up spending 130 gems for the day to catch back up to the top. I sat behind the leader for about 2hrs then saw her pull away. So I had to make the decision.. Do I want the win to get the prizes that I want, or save the gems and settle for 2nd or 3rd and miss some stuff. I’m tired of missing stuff and after a couple of days ago when I had a huge lead that I properly monitored (especially) the way we were told to do by those that know… My win turned into 2nd place, which might not be that bad if the rewards were not so far apart… I decided to go for it today… It worked…
    Strategy for today, no clue…

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@pampeans I’ve added an FAQ to the topic. Be sure to comment there if you want me to add something more.

Beauregard
    @beauregard

I watched this happen, wasn’t like I closed the game and came back to it later. And it wasn’t last minute either, there was still over four hours of playing time. For someone to score that many points in that short of time is impossible without cheating. Was like they were going up four times as fast as I was. If they want people to continue to compete in these, then they better get to the bottom of this issue. I refuse to fall for another stunt like I did in yesterday’s event.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Ugh, I was sufficiently undisciplined to allow myself to sleep through the night – now I’ve wasted four runs ….

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

@mighty-red-1

complements for the new ABT topic bugs and issues.

@pampeans and @aliaspbj

Good thinking about everything in one place.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.13 – Silver as Windblade

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 261 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.