The Holidays Are Coming event (Closed; Ended)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum The Holidays Are Coming event (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 233 total)
  • Replies
  • KerrAvon
    @kerravon

They did this last night as well. There was a short period where you couldn’t log in

Narc
    @narc

I’m having the same issue where its gets stuck on the logging in screen and says “login failed. try logging in again”

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

There is a message on the rovio epic website indicating they are fixing the server issues

@mvnla2
    the website address is –
    http://epic.angrybirds.com/

I think the message was just a copy of their tweet

Nytmair
    @nytmair

Fingers crossed everything gets fixed during this outage, and without resets! I had 9000 medals for the event when I went to bed last night.

Nytmair
    @nytmair

Phew- not sure how I’m so lucky, but I’ve only had 1 reset. I was able to get back in the game just now and still have my 9190.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I am not convinced that they have actually dealt with the issue.

@killerkea
    I agree with your suggestion of waiting 24 h before being convinced that the issue was fixed.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@toothgnasher Where’s Bomb? Is this a new look for the festive season?

Strategia55
    @strategia55

Has anyone , that has included screen shots of their old medal totals, received any reimbursement for loss of medals/points?

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@strategia55 Rovio is currently working on fixing the bug. I think they’ll worry about “reimbursement” afterwards.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

What is the point of re-imbursement? Everyone has been affected. More likely there will be a christmas present for everyone.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

No, everyone has not been affected. And perhaps I should say compensation rather than reimbursement.

Edit: Either way , the question is still valid and has been answered.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Did they cancel the event? It is not showing up any more on my game.

Joey
    @joeyba

@angryjohnny no wait few seconds it’ll be back
    i thought the same

burbman
    @burbman

Still getting reset here, don’t waste consumables on this event yet.

maxcalin
    @maxcalin

I hope that the compensation will be good.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@kerravon Changed my icon for the season, yes. Apparently I was getting confused with others who were using Bomb as their Avatar. In fact, I just changed it again to something you’ll recognize instead of the Clash of Clans screen grab.

@strategia55
    , @kerravon: Not everyone is affected by the reset. I don’t seem to be affected… which is pretty hysterical since my top prize is, gulp, 500 snoutlings and 1,400 snoutlings bonus since all my birds are level 10 already.

I’ve only played it a bit to see what the opposition is. For example, I’ve had no trouble beating Santa Pig (except just now when I accidentally hit the autoplay button while trying to get a screen shot).

My Santa Pig combo is Thunderbird10 (Time Jump), Captain10 (Sugar Rush), Skulkers10 (Robot Set). I usually do Skulkers on himself which increases the damage each pig gets by 30%. Then depending on the number of pigs and their strength I either enrage Captain and drop the chili on Thunderbird, or use Thunderbird on the strongest opponent then drop the chili on Captain. Sometimes Thunderbird’s extra turn (Time Jump set), is just perfect to finish off the stragglers!

(Edited to add screen shot and fix typo)

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

Checked in Epic and had 3 Santa Pigs waiting for me… was going to kill one of them and Epic crashed. Now can’t log back in… Guess they’re still working on it.

Looks like I’ll have to start doing some actual work at my office :-)

JustinSaneV2
    @justinsanev2

Has anyone else found some good teams for the Santa pigs?

bouboule
    @bouboule

Rogues, rainbird and druid. If you have set items that revive Chuck or the Blues use them. The sweet set on Mathilda is also useful

starzinger
    @starzinger

Well my 8000 is now 0 :( And I am with other contenders than before. The one in first place has 7000+ so it seems he is not to affected all.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The biggest luck in this game is whether your score stays. It’s completely ridiculous.

I stopped, and I recommend people stop playing until Rovio fixes this.

Otherwise, it’s just a waste of time.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

I have been trying this event for the last 2 hours and had no issues so far.. but only thing I noticed is that I have not seen a single red gift at all. Have you guys?

Strategia55
    @strategia55

I just went from 11,865 points to 895 points. So, there’s that. In brighter news, I recently scored 4 Presents at the same time.

Before

After

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@rassell1234 I thought it was the North Koreans looking for an easier target to hack than the U.S.

@strategia55
    You missed a present. There are always 5 when your score gets reset so keep looking. I’ve been reset at least 10 times now, but I’ve gotten about 80 exp potions from the presents and received/earned slightly more stamina potions. I also got about 1500 snoutlings from the presents. However I have lost 18-20k medals.

Remember the presents act just like the other resources on the map so you can click on them rapidly many times to get a whole bunch of gifts.

sheldoncooper12
    @sheldoncooper12

I have not been reset. This time ’round I’ve decided not to use any stamina or rerolls. This is proving to be poor decision, as I rarely get the top reward. I have also chose to do only the easy events, as by not rerolling the medium and hard rarely top the small. Funny thing now, I do not get any easy pigs. I’m lucky just to find one with deer antlers. They know, somehow they know! Heh. Anywho, I’m currently in 3rd, 3100 out of first, 900 out from second.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum The Holidays Are Coming event (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 233 total)
  • The topic ‘The Holidays Are Coming event (Closed; Ended)’ is closed to new replies.