Rovio's Social Media & Community Manager representing in the Nest!

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Rovio's Social Media & Community Manager representing in the Nest!

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 222 total)
  • Replies
  • sasilik
    @sasilik

@wingmanjuan, just lost one level somewhere in new StarCup. Started playing, looked that there was two competition from three available. Started StarCup, it said some error and check your connection and level was gone. Internet connection was available and next competition loaded without problems. Just FYI.

WingmanJuan
    @wingmanjuan

Oh boy, we’re keeping a close look at all tech aspects of the Star Cup, so we’ll make sure to follow up on this.

Kathy
    @kathy

Hey @Wingmanjuan Long time no see lol.. that’s a good thing as It seems the issues I’ve reported previously have been resolved, thanks for that 🐣

This time no issues, just a question. quite a few of us enjoy the Pig Challenge and although we are vehemently Against the use of Power Ups in regular gameplay as for entering scores in the Angry Birds Nest Leaderboards, it’s kinda fun to be allowed to use them in the Pig Challenge and play around with them! So my question,, I’m almost done with all the Challenges of the Pig Challenge as far as collecting crowned eggs, I only have a couple weeks left until i receive ‘All Exclusives’ then What? I’m wondering if Rovio has any plans for an update to the Pig Challenge? It will be a bit disappointing to have worked so hard , got so far and then.. done.

as @knichy put it kinda Anticlimactic,

So is there any buzz about a possible update to the Pig Challenge or possibly a regular Seasons update? i hope we don’t have to wait until Christmas?

Thanks again for being here and letting us have a connection to Rovio somewhat..🐣

WingmanJuan
    @wingmanjuan

Hi Kathy, as pretty much everyone in the Nest knows, these days we’re putting most efforts in updating and improving newer titles. All I can tell you is that at this point, our plans for Seasons only include technical updates (if and when necessary). I’m terribly sorry about this, as I know you and many other dedicated players would be craving for new Seasons content, but that’s something we just can’t promise. Thank you SOOO much for playing :)

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@wingmanjuan
    So you’re practically saying you’re leaving Angry Birds Seasons in the so-called auto-pilot mode.
    What about Angry Birds Space? It never got a proper ending to its storyline. You can make a final episode for it, as well as introduce a currency for buying power-ups.
    I also wanna ask about Angry Birds Go and Bad Piggies – are you totally done with these games? Considering the lack of updates and the fact that they’re relatively old games, my guess is you’re leaving these games in auto-pilot mode as well.

Kathy
    @kathy

@wingmanjuan

yes this is very disappointing news, and considering what @mighty-red-1 says , so pretty much all the games that Angry Birds Nesters have enjoyed (and spent money on) are kicked to the curb for the younger crowd!

exactly What “Newer Titles” are you speaking of?

The Pig Chàllenge was then in fact a waste of time, to complete all those Challenges,  to what end?

I’m afraid with no updates to the older traditional games Angry Birds Nest will not last much longer. We’ve already lost a lot of Flingers due to boredom of repeating the same old episodes ,  A flinger can only improve so much and once that peak is reached,¿ Well you get what I’m saying.

Without further updates to ABO, Seasons Rio and Space and even SW , well….

I totally agree with you @mighty-red-1 😩🐣

karen68
    @karen68

@wingmanjuan I’m also very disappointed to hear this.

By newer titles I assume you mean Transformers, Epic, Evolution & others. I have only played Evolution & that was during the beta test & while I enjoyed it, I haven’t downloaded it as that style of game is not for me.

The traditional slingshot games were what built up Rovio’s fan base in the first place & made you very successful. I understand that companies evolve, but it feels like you’re simply leaving a lot of your original loyal flingers in the dust.  To use @kathy ‘s words, we’ve been “kicked to the curb”. It’s not a good feeling.

🙁🙁

HunnyBunny
    @hunnybunny

@wingmanjuan

No Seasons Advent?

Shame on Rovio. The highlight of the year…

trishohara
    @trishohara

If there would be no further updates to Seasons, this would be very sad. Especially the Christmas/advent episode is a tradition already by now.

WingmanJuan
    @wingmanjuan

This is how it goes, fellas. I hope you all agree that over 6 years and countless amazing themed updates is a hell of a run!

HunnyBunny
    @hunnybunny

No @Wingmanjuan

@trishohara
    @kathy @karen68 @hunnybunny and especially @fatboyslick who only plays The Advent, and loads of us who look forward to Advent.

We demand Seasons Advent….

trishohara
    @trishohara

What @hunnybunny said. No @wingmanjuan we do not agree. It’s a great game, it’s the game which Rovio made famous, we play it since 6 years, we are loyal fans. We deserve at least our advent episode!

Kathy
    @kathy

@trishohara Please retweet my tweet about this on Twitter..

trishohara
    @trishohara

Retweeted it @kathy.

I would be very very sad and disappointed if this would be the end of Seasons the classical way of Angry Birds.

Do we loyal old fans really count so little?

Kathy
    @kathy

Thanks @Trishohara  😔 Yes very sad. But a big cooperation Like Rovio doesn’t care about ‘The little guys” that got them where they are today! It’s Greed!

I greatly fear very much for our beloved Nest  , without the Nest the game will have no purpose for me anymore..

No leaderboards , all the sharing with dear friends we’ve made in the past 6 Years.. .

But ya Rovio only cares about what makes them money!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@wingmanjuan — The old AB games have a new lease on life with a younger generation: my 5 yr old niece begs to play any AB game with me. We have played AB original, Pop, and Blast.

I would never play Evolution with her, and I don’t play it myself. The ads are more than enough to turn me off. There is at least one bird smoking a cigarette, and there is that owl with the flashlight in his underpants; both are totally inappropriate for young kids, even teenagers. What’s with glorifying evolution to punk rockers or whatever they are supposed to be?

Rovio seems to have lost it’s way. Such a shame.

Kathy
    @kathy

I haven’t played the games @mvnla2 mentions, but agree they don’t sound age appropriate.

Mp127
    @mp127

My point of view is a bit different than the most of the community, as I’m around for just 2.5 years, still managed to get a bit of old Rovio. When I’ve joined the community, games were updated nearly every Thursday, there was always something to play. Honestly while the problems has already started, I really enjoyed Angry Birds world.

Two years later, Rovio has really taken the wrong way in my opinion. The company wanted to break with the “slingshot games” badge, and they did it. They slowly started ending with slingshots (while Space, Rio and Star Wars are reasonably finished, just a look at Stella and Star Wars 2 gives a hint that they were cut short), then started doing their hit-and-miss ideas. Now basically they decided to end with Seasons, the only game which used to get regular updates. I’ll go even further and say that the decision has been done a long time ago – just look at two most recent chapters of ABO – they feel more like a Seasons episode for me.

Now what’s left? Original AB will always stay around just to be a last sign of what they used to be. Friends are ok, but it’s more of a power-up fest. Bad Piggies and Go didn’t get a real update in a long time, and likely won’t. Transformers and Epic just add another layers of grind every few months. Fight ends in a few months. AB2, Pop, Blast are a straight cash-grab and the last two are just one of dozens match-3 games around. Evolution is a joke of the both game and franchise. It’s basically 8 games left, and I plan to continue playing only one of them.

The truth is, Rovio has passed the point of no return. Angry Birds are no longer what they used to be, in my opinion unconvertible. It’s just sad what they have become. I’m not going to blame people working for them, they don’t decide the future of the games. Just move on and enjoy what’s left, because I don’t believe that there’s a chance for the sudden reborn in the future. And sorry for everyone who had to read this, I just had to write what I think.

Kathy
    @kathy

@Mp127 Don’t be sorry for stating your opinions and observations ,I don’t play the newer games. and actually am kinda sad that Rovio that far gone that they can’t even give decent updates the newer games they claim they are ignoring the older sling games for. I guess Rovio is kicking all there customers to the curb , not just us old Slingshot Flingers!
    Actually Happy to read your observations! thanks for contributing your opinion.
    I agree, I don’t put any blame on those who work for the company, just Imo bad move by Rovio !

catsnbirds
    @catsnbirds

@wingmanjuan I agree with the above opinions, the original angry birds games still have a loyal audience and should continue on with new episodes! I also don’t think players would object to paying for them. People buy power ups, why not updates?

Kathy
    @kathy

Or even @subscription or something like that, to ensure updates, @catsnbirds i like the way your thinking !
    anyone on Twitter , i am kstar13 , I’ve tweeted this out but not sure how many of my followers actually care about Angry Birds ..😕

I also think @wingman has done a wonderful job, but stopped listening, after the last , The last ‘deal with it’ post..😟

Kathy
    @kathy

@wingmanjuan In spite of all this, Do you think Rovio might throw us a bone and at least connect Space and Rio to Facebook to save progress as it does with Seasons, or add to Rovio Account like ABO? that I’m sure many would be willing to pay for to be able to save progress?

Pointdexter5
    @pointdexter5

This is all about money in the end. Many of us traditional players are not continuously putting money into the game, not used power-ups and all that junk and spending cash. Rovio is about making money first, they do not care about any of us traditional players and how we feel about new changes. They care about what changes will make money, and if this means getting in people that are willing to pay for features and powers, twisting scores beyond what can be done in “free” mode, so be it.

Look at all the junk and advertisement added recently, and these bonus items that sometimes show up without seeing a way to disable them. If you think they care about us here, I think you’re kidding yourself. Let’s not be naive…

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Rovio's Social Media & Community Manager representing in the Nest!

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 222 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.