Rovio's Social Media & Community Manager representing in the Nest!

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Rovio's Social Media & Community Manager representing in the Nest!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 222 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

Hi @wingmanjuan. I see that you’re keeping an eye on feedback about AB Transformers, so maybe you’ll be kind enough to help me.
    A few weeks ago I downloaded the update that gave a glimpse of Arcee, but that update wiped out my progress. I emailed Rovio about this, but they failed to restore my progress. Luckily, I managed to restore SOME of my progress by using a backup that’s 5 months old but that meant that my gem count was decreased by a lot. I asked Rovio to add my lost amount of gems, which was about 4500, to my game, but they didn’t bother providing an answer regarding the compensation – they just marked my request as “solved”.

WingmanJuan
    @wingmanjuan

Hey @mighty-red-1

I unfortunately cannot do anything more than our customer support team. There WILL be a way to save your progress in the cloud in the future, but at the moment it’s still under construction. Sorry about that!

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@wingmanjuan I don’t care about my progress being restored anymore. I just want my gem budget (at least part of it) back, as I know that it’s possible to receive a compensation.

WingmanJuan
    @wingmanjuan

Hey @dollarbill2208

So I asked the ABF guys and basically they told me they’ve decided not to change this because they believe removing the stars could cause a bigger problem. They are willing to consider it if some kind of poll (for example here in the nest) shows that the majority of players agree with changing this.

Kathy
    @kathy

Hey @wingmanjuan is it possible that you could refer a Space issue to someone?
    I recently purchased a new tablet and installed My Favorite ABSpace only to find every time i open a level the game freezes :( others have reported game crashing. I’ve sent an email to Rovio but no reply. please help ….

WingmanJuan
    @wingmanjuan

@kathy Hi!

If you give me your ticket number I can then ask about it to our customer support team, see if it got lost in their files ;)

Kathy
    @kathy

Thanks @wingmanjuan my ticket # is 1129863 . appreciate your help. it makes no sense as my new tablet is the same android os as my old one and same samsung os and andtroid as my phone. i know others are having this issue as well on other platforms.

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

@wingmanjuan
    Okay, that is quite unfortunate. I am curious to know what kind of problems it might cause… and I am 95% certain that if a poll was taken, that would be what people want. How would we go about doing this?

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

Hi DollarBill & WingmanJuan……

I quote DollarBill:
    “I have asked Rovio about this before, but they respond with “well, we think players who earned their data should get to keep it,” but I totally disagree with this,”

If Rovio are so concerned about allowing players to keep “earned data” then why do they feel its right to take points off players they “earned” and paid for as we see in the ABF’s League. Incidentally, I have gained 5 points per week but Rovio took 20 off as punitive measures for not reaching the top ranks.

Thought it was worth pointing out that Rovio are not consistent.

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

Yeah, and that’s why if I don’t plan on playing hard, I don’t play at all. The cheaters have gotten to be too much, even for me, and I cannot keep up with them. So I haven’t played in a few weeks now. I don’t want to lose my ranking, which really doesn’t even matter any more. I am way too far behind to get back into it.

WingmanJuan
    @wingmanjuan

Hey @dollarbill2208!

Filtering out the cheaters is on the ABF’s team’s priority list. We’ve managed to filter out most of them and we’re constantly working on ways to keep the leagues cleaner.

ennui001
    @ennui001

A belated Hello and Welcome to you!

sasilik
    @sasilik

Hey @wingmanjuan, I thought that I cry a little on your shoulder about my constant reason for frustration and disappointment with AB Friends. I have now bothered Rovio’s support from time to time two years already about game ending automatically and too fast. There are quite many levels where last bird is flying/bouncing or things start falling when game just ends and score points are lost. And also many levels where there are some debris left worth more than 10000 points and I want to look and think how to get them but can’t, because pigs are killed and game just ends when I don’t grab and hold bird quickly or maybe use a Wingman if other birds are gone. It seems to be very low priority or very hard thing to make automatic ending optional. I for one would be in heaven if in through some miracle there would appear some checkbox where I can unselect default setting which is automatic ending.

WingmanJuan
    @wingmanjuan

Hi @sasilik, I talked to the games team and this issue seems to hit us only every once in a while. Unfortunately as tournaments are weekly, there is no time to fix them before tournaments end. In any case, we’re making sure levels end as smoothly as possible so that these rare episodes don’t happen again.

sasilik
    @sasilik

I imagine that this means no to the check box where I can unselect automatic ending. Oh well… Just watched another ending where pieces which flew up after explosion didn’t reach the ground before ending. And lost couple opportunities to clear rubble with bird after pigs got killed because I wasn’t fast enough to hold remaining bird. It really …

ennui001
    @ennui001

You might want to check out the ABF forum about price increases.

As a long time player, I don’t like this at all.
    I didn’t catch that Rovio had increased the price for coins in addition to Power-ups. I haven’t bothered to figure out the increase, percentage-wise. NOT HAPPY.

Some of their other games offer a weekly “Happy Hour” which extends from Friday afternoon to 11pm. During that time, you can buy coins at half price and use one or two Power-ups for free.

ABF hasn’t even offered a Redemption Code in ages.

I might just leave as well!

PetesGirl
    @petesgirl

@wingmanjuan Really? Another big price increase this week? I have been to Rovio’s main site and can’t find any information. Could you explain why the amount of coins are going down and the price going up so drastically? It also seems like they should give us some notification before it happens. I understand its a for profit business but raising the prices in this manner seems wrong.

zeek
    @dcp77

@wingmanjuan I noticed the prices are varying for power ups each time I log in to the game.

i.e. 230 wingman for 4,000 coins, 6,000 coins and 10,000 coins what is the true price. I tried buying some last night when the price said 4,000 but was charged 10,000. what is going on????

cc:@petesgirl

WingmanJuan
    @wingmanjuan

Hi @petesgirl & @zeek,

All I can refer to is to the changes in power-up prices that started on friday. We’re A/B testing them so that’s why you see them shift. We’ll get this sorted ASAP.

On all other matters, I understand your frustration and will bring your feedback and concerns to the games team.

– Juan

PetesGirl
    @petesgirl

@wingmanjuan Thank-you for the quick response. Honestly, I’m going to play ABF regardless but I just might not be able to afford to use as many Power-ups. If they are interested in feedback, I would suggest a gradual increase as opposed to the sudden nearly doubling of cost. In general, people just handle it better. Also, to ease the pain, maybe notify us that the change is coming. Give us a chance to stock up at the lower price for a day or so. I do appreciate that you take the time to address our concerns.

CC: @dcp77 Zeek

WingmanJuan
    @wingmanjuan

@petesgirl @dcp77 Good news guys, the game’s team has decided to implement changes to the price increases. Stay tuned to the game, you may be able to see them already ;)

zeek
    @dcp77

@wingmanJuan Thanks for bringing this CRUCIAL issue up with your team. I am eager to see the new changes and will hold off on buying coins and power ups until the changes go into effect. Thanks for the heads up! The longer and more people that can play ABF due to decent prices helps ROVIO’s business model immensely.

cc @petesgirl

CampingLED
    @campingled

Awesome forum post here and just read all the comments for the first time. Thanks for your great support and feedback @wingmanjuan. I just have a request from my side as well and I am sure that many others will support it. In terms of power up usage the Bird Scope is probably one of the most unused power ups and with a lot of friends who send daily gifts they have accumulated to a point where I will never use all of them. Can you please introduce the option to swop power ups for other power ups?

ennui001
    @ennui001

Hi @wingmanjuan
    I had cleared out all the pigs in a game, added the King Sling power up to my sling, and the game ended before I could fling my bird. It just happened now, but has happened in the past as well.
    I’d appreciate any help you can give.
    I originally sent this without using your name, just replying to your first post… so maybe it didn’t get to you.

sasilik
    @sasilik

Welcome to the club, @ennui001. Its been my constant frustration with AB about couple years now. But whenever I bring it up with support the answer is always something like – it’s supposed to be that way and players want to game end fast and sometimes they complain that game won’t end fast enough. And last time I even got fun recommendation – “It is not advisable to use power-ups after all the pigs have been popped.” So stuff your Wingman and special slings and forget cleaning up huge pile of rubble which remains after popping pigs. Its not meant to be.

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Rovio's Social Media & Community Manager representing in the Nest!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 222 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.