Issues in Windows version

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Issues in Windows version

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Replies
  • boomboom
    @morphy125

@wil-d Looks like I have all my problems solved thanks to suggesting that FB group. Now all up and running on my main system. I will hammer the windows one until I have nothing left. And also play the droid one in-between as I have a good team on there.

Thanks

Wil-D
    @wil-d

@morphy125
    Maybe I have one of the privacy options “off” on my Windows 10 PC, so the AB2 app can’t use advertising ID from Vungle. See: https://vungle.com/opt-out/

boomboom
    @morphy125

Thanks for the update on vungle.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

“Maybe I have one of the privacy options “off” on my Windows 10 PC, so the AB2 app can’t use advertising ID from Vungle. See: https://vungle.com/opt-out/ 

Is that why I keep seeing ad after ad after ad about Michigan businesses, even though I give them a thumbs down, as they are pure B.S.! ??

I have that permission turned off though.. wish I could stop those stupid Michigan ads and the best buy ads..

Wil-D
    @wil-d

It is to opt-out of ads showing certain games on MS Store in which Vungle uses.

boomboom
    @morphy125

Back to square one. Had a few good days, but once again the issue is back. Delete Vungle sdk folder and away we go again for a few more day. Emailed Rovio again but will just the same BS answer we are looking at it.

No one
    @no-one-2

If you get the “unsupported browser” error – try this simple fix.  If you can’t scroll, use the tab button.

No one
    @no-one-2

It’s not my video – I would have cleaned my keyboard first!

Frank1234
    @frank1234

since a few weeks the Game keeps crashing and crashing again :-(

I have 2 PC’s and its the same on both.

Sometimes i can play some games and then it keeps crashing and crashing.

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Angry Birds 2.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x601180c3
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: Windows.Web.dll, Version: 10.0.21390.1, Zeitstempel: 0x02e505f4
    Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
    Fehleroffset: 0x000000000000add7
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2044
    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d79ef751d31d40
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\1ED5AEA5.4160926B82DB_2.45.0.0_x64__p2gbknwb5d8r2\Angry Birds 2.exe
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.Web.dll
    Berichtskennung: bf9e6efe-c11c-43d3-85e2-91962f3ebba0
    Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 1ED5AEA5.4160926B82DB_2.45.0.0_x64__p2gbknwb5d8r2
    Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: App

boomboom
    @morphy125

@frank1234 Have you tried this 1- Copy this address and look for it on your PC: “C:\Users\(Name of your pc user)\AppData\Local\Packages\1ED5AEA5.4160926B82DB_p2gbknwb5d8r2\LocalState”
    2- Once you have accessed that folder, you must delete the folder called “VungleSDK” which is the one that causes the game to close. Just delete that folder, the others should not be deleted.
    3- You could play now.

If you run task manger when running the game you get about 30% memory usage that on my system with 16 GB of ram. Also if have FaceBook have look at thishttps://www.facebook.com/groups/AB2Windows group.

Here is the email address of rovio support  [email protected]  not that you will get much support from them. As can see if you read though the whole thread here.

Good luck.

Wil-D
    @wil-d

There has been still no update for the W10 app “Angry Birds 2” for 7 months.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

There has been still no update for the W10 app “Angry Birds 2” for 7 months.

Which is why I started the thread “Has Rovio abandoned AB2”?

Wil-D
    @wil-d

From @alabamatick at https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/has-rovio-abandoned-ab2/

My pc version suddenly started working again today, no crashes at all, even offered videos for extra stuff, all of which played fine

it’s the same every month, the first 2-3 weeks, it doesn’t offer videos and crashes every 20-30 seconds, either to desk or total freeze needing a reset

although it works fine in offline mode but not while connected to the internet

The opening post in this thread is about the windows version, so this is the right place

my point is that rovio has more than likely stopped work on this version as i first downloaded it in, i think feburary and there have been no updates, afair

and all the crashes i’m reporting are from it being blind luck if the game works after a windows update or not, however the game always works fine while the pc is not connected to the internet, so obviously rovio are not keeping thier netcode up to date and hoping the next windows update fixes the problem

that’s if they are aware, (or care) about the problem

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

It’s been working fine for a couple of months now but for the last couple of days there has benn some freezing/ctd – ing mainly when playing videos, however this may be due to moving my nvidia driver up to 497,29, (xcom enemy wihin is crashing now too and that was fine before) it was working fine on 496.xx

gumshoe242
    @gumshoe242

I re-installed the game and started over since I can’t connect through Facebook anymore. I’m slowly starting to rebuild, but can’t participate in any Clan Events. It just sits there loading and never does anything. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

Well now i’ve not been able to play for 2 days, i dropped my nvidia driver down to 496.76, the last stable (for me) driver that xcom worked on and that works fime, but not ab 2 unfortunately

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

There is now an update to Windows that may let you play again, it has fixed the Facebook avatar issue, still can’t log in but it no longer hangs the game.

gumshoe242
    @gumshoe242

Can someone please direct me to this Facebook page?

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

Yesterday there were some windows updates and a browser update and i went back to the latest nvidia driver and i could play the game fine, (after 5 days)

but today there have been no new windows or browser updates and i checled nvidia update (nothing new there) now the game doesn’t work again, how is that explainable :facepalm

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AB2Windows is the Facebook group. If having issues I do suggest not watching ads on the desktop version of the game at all, can help a bit as they seem to cause the most issues.

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

The ads weren’t the problem, because the game didn’t get far enough for watching ads, it would login and run very slowly for between 5-15 seconds and IF i got far enough to open a chest or turn a tof card or 2 and then get the pig, it didn’t offer any ads (gems only) and then it would ctd

but today i logged in and it seemed to run normally and i noticed a notification on the mail box which stated the face book issues are now fixed (5000 rainbiw feathers and a legendary chest compenstion)

the game now runs fine 🙄 although still not offering ads.

and no i don’t even have a face book account

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

Ok, less than 1 day later and the game is completely broken again, there have been no windows or browser updates, so what has changed ?

this is great optimization >_<

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

Sorry to keep spamming but yesterday i cleared my browser cache (even though it’s set to clear after close) 215 bytes and the game worked fine

today after a windows 10 update and a browser update and clearing the cache just in case (215 bytes) aaaaand it’s broken again, after running very slowly for about 5 seconds it freezes and after a few more seconds, a ctd :face palm emoji

jeffrey_tl
    @jeffreytl

So there was an update to AB2 windows version and a pop up message saying a new arena was available.  Unable to access it, says “something went wrong” but I am guessing that the windows version has the same arena as the apple/android arena?  Since the arena goes Sunday to Sunday again my guess is that it won’t be accessible until next Sunday?

I figured that they would change the arena eventually, was holding out hope they wouldn’t.  Guess that makes all versions the same?

Alabamatick
    @alabamatick

“So there was an update to AB2 windows version and a pop up message saying a new arena was available.  Unable to access it, says “something went wrong” but I am guessing that the windows version has the same arena as the apple/android arena?  Since the arena goes Sunday to Sunday again my guess is that it won’t be accessible until next Sunday?

I figured that they would change the arena eventually, was holding out hope they wouldn’t.  Guess that makes all versions the same?”

I got that message when i loaded it up today, trouble is i got no update and there isn’t one listed in ma  store and anyway after the new arena message, a few seconds later it slowed dramatically but i was just able to get my mouse pointer to the corner of the screen, reveal the x button and click it before the pc froze, so thats nearly 2 months  i’ve not been able to play :\

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Issues in Windows version

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.