Issues in Windows version

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Issues in Windows version

• Hi everyone,

I want to share my bad experience and to ask if anyone else has it and if there is a fix for it.

I’ve been playing AB2 mostly on Windows 10 devices (x64, 1909) – desktop pcs and laptops. Three devices in total and two different accounts. Same things happens. The more I play, the performance decreases, I am talking really bad, birds barely moving, sound is terrible with an echo. When I play on my phone no such thing occurs.

Specs are enough for MMORPG to run on ultra settings, so no issues there.

Tried these things, with no or little success:

1. Reset game – performance improves, but as soon as I link my account via Facebook, it decreases. Starting new game the performance is semi-bad, but as I play one or two levels it becomes terrible.

2. Reset game and MS store via wsreset – no change

3. Updated everything via MS store. No change.

4. If I reset game and play a little bit with new account, performance is good, but as soon as I link account it gets bad again.

It has gotten so bad, that sometimes the game crashes without exception, only trace left is an application error in event viewer. I’ve already reported to Rovio the error and that sometimes advertisements make the game unresponsive, but the worst of these is the performance issue, makes the game unplayable.

I hope someone can share more info or provide workaround.

Thanks!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 78 total)
  • Replies
  • No one
    @no-one-2

A couple of possible fixes suggested by my clan mates – they reckon it’s a video card setting.  The further you get into the game, the more complicated the levels – hence the early levels not being  affected when you restart.

If you play using a 4g monitor then change it to a less intense setting.

If it’s a lap top, don’t play full screen,

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

Strange, I’ve been playing using a 4th gen i5 and a GT 1030 and I’ve had no issues running the game aside from some occasional stutter.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

I feel the issue is their windows servers most of the time, constant connection issues and such.

BirdLivesMatter
    @birdlivesmatter

I’ve suffered the exact same problems as the OP over a similar timescale and play solely on an x64 laptop running Windows 10 (1909) that can cope with MMORPG’s I usually play.

I started playing AB2 for the first time 2 months ago and have never had the app linked to a Facebook account. Just over a week ago the game started crashing on extra cards in arena battles and watching adverts for chests. Up to that point I’d only suffered occasional audio glitches and was able to get to star level 25 and level 373 of the single player game without any playability issues or paying for anything.

A couple of days after the random crashes started happening the game became totally unplayable. It usually crashes just logging in. CPU and memory loads go through the roof when the game is running. My event viewer is littered with log entries for AB2 crashes, with Windows.web.dll listed in every crash. I’ve been unable to get screenshots or video captures of the game’s behaviour, as it is that bad.

The last few days the game has been unstable on the home screen and the audio of the birds just doing their sound effects is stuttered, even with the music turned off. All menu interactions are slow and usually trigger a crash. Doesn’t matter if the game is running full screen or in a smaller window.

I have no idea what’s going on with AB2 but I do know my laptop is fine. I filled out a support ticket a few days ago but have only had the automated response saying they’ll be in touch. I also lost 500 pearls during a crash, so they got another support ticket for that.

Hopefully someone figures out what’s going on and a fix can be found. Thanks.

AMG
    @martin-amg

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Regarding the suggestion to reduce video card settings and not play on full screen – I tried that, but it did not help. You know what did? So far I’ve only been reseting the game, but not completely uninstall it. I did it and it worked! No more performance drops or crashes.

The issue with ads making the game unresponsive remains though it happens a lot less than before. For example – hidden city game, sometimes I just get black screen, nothing helps, minimize, random clicks, only alt+f4 :)

When my game crashed before the reinstall, the faulting module was GameAssebly.dll, looks like this (not the full log, don’t wanna spam you too much):

Faulting application name: Angry Birds 2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5eaff91b
    Faulting module name: GameAssembly.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5eaff8fd
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000502ac3
    Faulting process id: 0x4208

Overall, things improved for me, I hope re-installing the game fixes most issues for all.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

I got win 10 on a gaming MB. Still got issues with it. Double birds launching, birds making direct hits and doing no damage,  bird powers not activating or have a 1 sec delay when doing so (like the hen dropping the egg).   If my mouse is any where neer the card pack, it won’t activate the bird power when I click.  The taskbar popping up at the worst possible moments.. System going into game pause for no reason in middle of bird flight..

Getting to be a pain in the tail here to play this. Been stuck on level 1060 for a month.

BirdLivesMatter
    @birdlivesmatter

I had the game return to normal for a few hours yesterday and be fully playable again, without me doing anything. I noticed the advert cycle had changed to some cooking game now. It was a slots game before the freezes and crashes started in my first encounters of them. Anyway, the game eventually froze returning to the map screen after completing level 386 and the auto advert popping up. It is now back to crashing on log in and being totally unplayable.

Event viewer errors I get: (Like @martin-amg posted, not the full error)

Application error ID (1000)
    Faulting application name: AngryBirds2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, timestamp 0x5eaff91b
    Faulting module name: Windows.web.dll, version: 10.0.18382.836, timestamp 0x7be0b3bf
    Faulting package full name: 1ED5AEA5.4160926B82DB_2.31.29.0_x64__p2gbknwb5d8r2

I went to a few regional webpages for Angry Birds 2 on the Microsoft Store and most have reviews in May and June reporting the game freezing and crashing. Some say updates do it and others say it has been happening for a while and goes in cycles, just like the adverts seem to do.

AMG
    @martin-amg

Hi folks,

Yet another crash while wathing an ad:

Faulting application name: Angry Birds 2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5eaff91b
    Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1, time stamp: 0xbd1e2564
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x000000000007284e
    Faulting process id: 0xeb0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d64c9f8438792b
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\1ED5AEA5.4160926B82DB_2.31.29.0_x64__p2gbknwb5d8r2\Angry Birds 2.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
    Report Id: ecd6af32-43b2-4a6f-9eb2-f6a8df4440dd
    Faulting package full name: 1ED5AEA5.4160926B82DB_2.31.29.0_x64__p2gbknwb5d8r2
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I just missed a good bonus because of this. Not good…

I posted it because this time the faulting module is different…It’s no longer performance issue, but stability issue.

AMG
    @martin-amg

Howdy all,

Yesterday we received patch 2.39.1, from what I read the ad crashing issue was fixed, but there were two issues with ads, so I wonder which one did they fix, must be number 1:

1. Game becoming unresponsive after closing an ad, restart needed

OR

2. Ad not opening properly, counter staying at 30 sec, restart needed

Here is what I am talking about, this happened today, after the game was updated:

Crashing AD

There is no way around it, but to restart the game, thus losing the bonuses.

I am posting all those issues, hoping that someone from Rovio is looking at the forums and might fix them in the future, or at least that more players are aware of the problems.

Other than that, I just want to know if only I have those issues, because I am testing on three different devices with two different account and same thing happens eventually like on the screenshot above.

I’ll keep ’em coming. Thanks for reading all!

AMG
    @martin-amg

Yet anoter crash, first the game became unresponsive while collecting common chest rewards and watching ads, then I restarted AB2 and it closed on it’s own 10 seconds later. I guess another reinstall is in place.

Faulting application name: Angry Birds 2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f06cfbb
    Faulting module name: Windows.Web.dll, version: 10.0.19041.264, time stamp: 0xb6b2335e
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000083c7
    Faulting process id: 0x162c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d659d0ff6fc8ae
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\1ED5AEA5.4160926B82DB_2.39.1.0_x64__p2gbknwb5d8r2\Angry Birds 2.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.Web.dll
    Report Id: 2f95477c-71ea-411d-a900-8d7b9fa2db76
    Faulting package full name: 1ED5AEA5.4160926B82DB_2.39.1.0_x64__p2gbknwb5d8r2

AMG
    @martin-amg

Since yesterday everything related to watching ads stopped working on all of my devices and accounts:

• Watch a video for daily reward – clicking on it doesn’t work, the game becomes unresponsive, I had to re-install the game it to make it work, however all of the below issues did not work even after that.

• Free daily rare chest – clicking on watch ad, same happens, game becomes unresponsive

• Common chest – I can open a reward, but as soon as I click on claim another one by watching an ad, or the daily extra 5 cards, game becomes unresponsive.

• Extra bird in the arena – yet again it becomes unresponsive as soon as I click it.

So, all in all, I can still play the game, but cannot get any bonuses, only one common reward per chest, any extra bonus requiring an ad will hang the game, tried multiple times on all devices, same result. Version is still 2.39.3, I’ve no idea what changed yesterday, but I hope Rovio fixes it.

cupper24
    @cupper24

I have been seeing the same issues as well since the game updated to 2.39.1 and it still occurs on the current version (as of 8/4/2020) 2.39.3.

This goes for any “free video” to watch to get a free bird, extra chest rewards, etc. It used to work flawlessly, but now it seems it may work 3-4 times per day, and after that, click a “free video” to get a ticket to the arens, score another bird if you are about to lose on a level, and/or trying to “continue” and get additional chest rewards results in the game becoming unresponsive. Music still plays, cursor still moves, but the game is stuck. Even tried waiting it out to see if it was just a delay. Four hours later… same screen, same music, same unresponsiveness.

Is there a place where errors for this game are recorded in the system files? Any way we can try to trace what is breaking?

Thanks,

cupper24

AMG
    @martin-amg

I saw Rovio intoduced new ad few days ago (Egypt one). My bet is they added another one two days ago, the ad won’t open, hence the game becomes unresponsive, “waiting” for it to end.

Worst part is I cannot complete all my daily quests, because the one “watch a video” doesn’t work. Also instead of few cards per 30 minutes, I get one, and no daily rare chest. Rewards may seem trivial to some, but that’s how I get spells, feathers and pearls. I refuse to pay for something that is broken.

“Is there a place where errors for this game are recorded in the system files? Any way we can try to trace what is breaking?”

I’ve no idea, tried to do some digging before, but to a dead end.

Never ever had such issues on the Android version, but I guess this is where Rovio is focused at. Give Windows players some love? :)

P.S. I prefer Windows over Android for two reasons:

• Bigger screen, don’t have to rely on my fat fingers, also I’m much more precise with mouse. I know emulators exist, but here I come to the second reason:

• Android version is 5 years old, there no way to catch up with top players, unless you spend dozen bags of money. Windows version however is just 1 year old and I can see myself occasionally in top 100 which in turn means better rewards.

cupper24
    @cupper24

Agree with everything you said, AMG.

I’m literally right now stuck on the load screen with the red “2” and the spinning gears after completing Level 168. I have been waiting 10 mins. for it to respond. Hate to think I’ll lose credit for the level if I have to do the ol’ Alt+F4.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

Twice today, level 1286 boss level. Its another “beat him to death” level, with lots of fans and stuff.. Had a sliver of life left in him and i am out of birds. Clicked on watch ad to get extra bird and its locked up (win 10)..

Getting tired of the lock ups, getting tired of the “beat them to death” boss maps.

Phaenius
    @phaenius

I cannot watch a video on my Windows 10 version of the game. It worked before, but now, if I press watch a video (for free bird or just another card), nothing happens and game couldn’t be played, it’s not freezes, but all buttons become inactive, I have to press ALT+F4 to exit the game. Is there a fix? Thanks.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

on win 10, same thing but I am able to move the mouse to the upper right and get the windows red X option and exit the game that way.  Sometimes I restart windows, then try again and that time it will work.

Seems these crashes are at random.

AMG
    @martin-amg

This is a problem with all options to watch a video, including forced ones. I completed 30 levels yesterday and I had to restart the game after each level, because the game wants to play an ad, but it can’t.

Same for extra birds on defeat, extra card, rare chest, daily watch video quest or extra arena ticket. It has been like that for few days. Maybe we should all open tickets so Rovio can acknowledge the problem and act fast.

Phaenius
    @phaenius

I agree. Thanks for others reporting this, means I am not alone.

AMG
    @martin-amg

I sent to Rovio a bug report with full explanation on how and when it occurred. It’s pretty easy to spot (or I should say hard to miss), so hopefully a fix is in order.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

This morning I played the daily challenge. level 1, then level 2. Then had to stop for a bit, and do some other things.

I came back an hour later, logged in, and tried to finish it. Every time I started the daily challenge level 3, it shut the game off.

This is the 4th time. I even restarted win 10 twice thinking it was that. Powered down completely the 2nd time. Still won’t load the 3rd round..

AMG
    @martin-amg

This probably won’t fix the issue, but you can check application log in event viewer and see what crashes the game, maybe post it here like I do.  Last time I opened a ticket, I pointed towards this topic, so I can show Rovio that other people have the same problem as me.

If their devs work in sprints (scrum methodology), they probably set points for each issue, so the more people affected, the higher the chance it goes from backlog into current sprint.

gumshoe242
    @gumshoe242

I’m having the same issue on Windows 10.  I find it’s been running painfully slow since the start of last weekend, about August 28.   It was having performance issues prior to that, but closing and re-opening the game seemed to resolve it.  Approx 80% of the times that I click for an extra bird or rare chest, the game locks up, needs to be closed and re-opened…. that’s been happening for about 3 or 4 weeks now. In the last few days, I don’t have to do anything specific, it will just lock up and close itself.

Are there temp files that need to be dumped?  There’s got to be some sort of answer to why it’s running so badly.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

I do the “continue” thing on the chests.. watch another ad.. then it locks up and I cannot get the reward, and then I gotta close the game.

Just now I went to do the daily eagle game.. soon as I hit the play button it kicked me out and shut it down.. I lost a play.

2 days ago I clicked on the regular levels icon.. to do level 1322.. it shut the game down.
    Doing a clan battle, got a great score only to crash at the end when it should have shown me my new score..

This game is constantly crashing in windows 10.   About ready to walk away from it.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

Latest batch of win 10 crashes..

Playing the daily eagle challenge.. at the end it says I won x number of golden eagle coins. usually 6 to 12, as I rarely make it past the 5 rooms.
    Then on the exit page, it shows just 1 coin.
    next day I go to collect and it says I won 1 coin.

Also getting a lot of double launches.. I.e. when I launch a bird, then hit it again to activate its power, the next bird launches on its own.. Have lost 1 bird that way the last 4 days..

Getting tired of all these failures..

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Issues in Windows version

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.